Tuesday, October 06, 2015

"What used to take two hours now takes all day"





























10800_DSC01062.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Chad Trammell

Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:37 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: When I drove that slow you know it's hard to steer


And as I recall, it was right before we started 10th grade year.


I remember saying, "No, and if there is, they'll get out of the way."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 October 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie2.html

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)


[Space shuttle]

ENTERPRISE VOICE: Enterprise to Admiral Kirk's shuttle. You're cleared for docking. Approach portside torpedo bay.

SULU: Enterprise, this is Admiral Kirk's party on final approach.

ENTERPRISE VOICE: Enterprise welcomes you. Prepare for docking.

KIRK: I hate inspections.

SULU: I'm delighted, any chance to go aboard the Enterprise.

KIRK: Well, I for one am glad to have you at the helm for three weeks. I don't think these kids can steer.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie4.html

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)


[Mercy Hospital Elevator]

INTERN #1: Did you hear anything?

INTERN #2: I was there. I heard the whole thing.

INTERN #1: Weintrub said radical chemotherapy or she's gonna croak. Just like that.

INTERN #2: Well, what about Gottlieb?

INTERN #1: All he talked about was image therapy, or otherwise he'd cut it out. DVD:[Thought they were going to punch each other out.]

McCOY: Unbelievable.

INTERN #1: You have a different view, Doctor?

McCOY: It sounds like the goddam Spanish Inquisition.

KIRK: Bad day!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: dated 2006


I also wonder who Chad Trammel is supposed to represent. I thought of him again when I was opening to Lethal Weapon 2 and Riggs was jamming down the gas pedal. I did that in Chad's car back in 9th or 10th grade. I had some kind of speaker out the window, I was trying to make some kind of Mr. Microphone sort of device. I remember we recorded it all on tape. Trammel, when I saw him in '94 at our 10 year reunion, was a lawyer in the Air Force. He was telling me something about standing near B-52s at Barkesly I think it was, and the thought comes to mind, although I'm not sure from where, that he was saying something about kicking the tires. Back in '94, when I told him I was repairing ATM machines, he asked me if I ever thought about doing something else, as though he expected me to be doing more.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie7.html

Star Trek Generations (1994)


DATA: Mister Tricorder! Ha, ha, ha.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


EDITH: A lie is a poor way to say hello. It isn't that cold.

KIRK: No. We were being chased by a policeman.

EDITH: Why?

KIRK: These clothes. We stole them. We didn't have any money.

EDITH: Well, I could do with some help around here. Doing dishes, sweeping, general cleaning.

SPOCK: At what rate of payment? I need radio tubes and so forth. My hobby.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: Couldn't you build some form of computer aid here?

SPOCK: In this zinc-plated vacuum-tubed culture?










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


SPOCK: Captain, I must have some platinum. A small block would be sufficient, five or six pounds. By passing certain circuits through there to be used as a duodynetic field core.

KIRK: Mister Spock, I've brought you some assorted vegetables, baloney in a hard rolls for myself, and I've spent the other nine tenths of our combined salaries for the last three days on filling this order for you. Mister Spock, this bag doesn't contain platinum, silver or gold, nor is it likely to in the near future.

SPOCK: Captain, you're asking me to work with equipment which hardly very far ahead of stone knives and bearskins.

KIRK: McCoy will be along in a few days, perhaps sooner. There's no guarantee that these currents in time will bring us together. This has to work.

SPOCK: Captain. Captain, in three weeks at this rate, possibly a month, I might reach the first mnemonic memory circuits.













https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7410029,-94.1482565,3a,25.3y,206.32h,85.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sn1Kg0RZJKVXCAav2_g0QPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


US-71

Wilton, Arkansas










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:55 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 17 August 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-city-on-edge-of-forever.html


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 27, 2006

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/27/2006 1:10 PM
So maybe that explains another “memory” from my high school reunion at Ashdown in 1994. It was actually a reunion with Princeton University. There was something that Ricky Waren and another person, Rhonda Shurtleff maybe, said about how I now looked like a man. That’s because I was a child when I went to college with them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 November 2006 excerpt ends]
[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 August 2015 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:55 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 17 August 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-city-on-edge-of-forever.html

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/05/07 4:54 AM
Chad Trammel had that brown car when we were in 9th or 10th grade. I forget the model name of the car. It might have been a Comet, or that might have been a car that was very similar to his, much like the difference of Chevrolet and GMC. I can't remember that other model though. Billy Parker might have had one like it for his first car and I think his actually was the Comet. There was that night, I can still visualize it, when I talked Chad into driving his car when we were out cruising around on a weekend night in Ashdown. He let me drive it and I promptly backed it into someone's pickup. I think that was Tom Withem. I can "remember" one of the Shurtleff sister's reminding me of that at our 10 year reunion.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 March 2007 excerpt ends]










One of the top ten things I hoped no one remembered, I said to her


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 August 2015 excerpt ends]










https://movieswithchris.wordpress.com/2015/10/02/october-movie-releases/

MOVIES WITH CHRIS


October Movie Releases

Posted: October 2, 2015


Bridge of Spies

Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks reunite to tell a true story about an insurance salesman (Hanks), who is brought in by the government to help them negotiate the return of a soldier that shot down behind enemy lines during the Cold War for a spy that is in America.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


EDITH: Why does Spock call you Captain? Were you in the war together?

KIRK: We served together.

EDITH: And you don't want to talk about it? Why? Did you do something wrong?










http://www.azlyrics.com/s/sammyhagar.html

AZ

SAMMY HAGAR

album: "VOA" (1984)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sammyhagar/icantdrive55.html

AZ

SAMMY HAGAR

"I Can't Drive 55"

One foot on the brake and one on the gas, hey
Well, there's too much traffic, I can't pass, no
So I tried my best illegal move
A big black and white come and crushed my groove again

Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55, oh no, uh

So I signed my name on number 24, hey
Yeah the judge said, "Boy, just one more, huh
I'm gonna throw your ass in the city joint"
Looked me in the eye, said, "You get my point?"
I say "Yeah!, Oh yeah"

Write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55, oh yeah

(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive) 55, uh

When I drive that slow, you know it's hard to steer
And I can't get my car out of second gear
What used to take two hours now takes all day
Huh, it took me 16 hours to get to L.A.

Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 55

No, no, no, I can't drive, (I can't drive 55)
I can't drive (I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)
(I can't drive 55)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/05/07 4:54 AM
Chad Trammel had that brown car when we were in 9th or 10th grade. I forget the model name of the car. It might have been a Comet, or that might have been a car that was very similar to his, much like the difference of Chevrolet and GMC. I can't remember that other model though. Billy Parker might have had one like it for his first car and I think his actually was the Comet.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 05 March 2007 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092099/quotes

IMDb


Top Gun (1986)

Quotes


Stinger: Maverick, you just did an incredibly brave thing. What you should have done was land your plane! You don't own that plane, the tax payers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me, with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral's daughter!

Goose: Penny Benjamin?

[Maverick shrugs]

Stinger: And you asshole, you're lucky to be here!

Goose: Thank you, sir.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:54 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 06 October 2015