Friday, February 05, 2016

"he saw Alcor, but not the full moon"













http://media.northerner.com/media/catalog/product/cache/80/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/copenhagen_snuff_200857_feb_2015_1.jpg










http://www.usswainwright.org/Photos2.html


USS Wainwright

Veterans Association

Ship's Photos





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097576/quotes

IMDb


Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

Quotes


Grail Knight: He chose... poorly.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093773/quotes

IMDb


Predator (1987)

Quotes


Dillon: That's a real nasty habit you got there.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:18 AM Thursday, September 29, 2011 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2011/09/star-constellations.html


Star constellations





I wasn't going to write about a dream I just before waking up and getting out of bed but I was later in the shower and I started thinking about a possible explanation for the star pattern I saw in my dream and so I decided to write about that part and to try to write the least about the rest of the dream as I could, which I feel compelled to not write about for no real reason.

The compelling part about the dream is the pattern of stars I saw. The dream seems to have started with me and I was out in the woods somewhere and the light was dark and I had some kind of ability to radiate laser beams from my fingers or somehow create laser beams. As I think more about that as I write this now I thing again that I did not actually see the laser beams but I am vaguely aware that I could see the patterns I created on people with the laser beams. The notion of the laser beam is never really visually established in the dream but that is a notion that is strongly in my mind after waking up. The last thing I seemed to do with my laser beam power was that I saw myself form a pattern of stars on the ground to my left. The power seemed to stop working at that point. I also found my puzzled about how there were five stars in my creation when I expected only four. Since I was wearing those stars on the epaulet on my black jacket then I was thinking of how the United States Marine Corps has never had a five star general officer and I don't think the USMC should ever have a five star general officer.

What I puzzled about was how the pattern of those stars did not seem consistent with how an officer of the United States military would wear a five-star pattern on his uniform. I seemed to be wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy. What was unusual was how one of the stars was set away from the other four stars.

When I was in the shower and was thinking about that visualization in my mind of those stars that I had created on the ground and then was wearing my shoulder, on the black jacket that is the type United States Navy sailors used to refer to as the "Eisenhower" jacket, I wondered if that pattern was supposed to represent the star constellation we call the Big Dipper.

Ah, yes. That has got to be it. Just now as I wrote that word "Big Dipper" I remember dialog that happened soon later that is consistent with that notion.

So going back to what I was thinking as I decided to write this note, I thought about how my visualization of the star pattern did not match the Big Dipper very well. But then I started to wonder if I was seeing the pattern of the Big Dipper while I was standing on a planet or moon that circled a star that was very distant from our planet Earth.

I keep thinking of reasons why that all could be just a normal dream. But maybe it is not.

After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving in a long procession of army-type vehicles. They all seemed to be from World War 2. I noted the color pattern of one of the vehicles but I cannot think of any comment to make about it.

Then I seemed to be a sentry on a hill in downtown Seattle Washington. I was aware that I was totally alone in my role. I was also aware I was wearing a United States military uniform but I cannot visualize any details about it from the dream. I was there for a long time. Some kind of conflict started among a few local people that had walked up and I was trying to stay out of it. The next part I remember from the dream is that I was sitting in a room and there were people around me and one was the old woman whose dialog is consistent with the notion that I was seeing the star pattern of the Big Dipper constellation. Then a woman stood up and she was also wearing the winter dress uniform of the United States Navy and I saw the postal clerk rating symbol on her uniform. Then I saw a person walk into the room I was in from the room next door with the half-window walls and where I had been aware that a conference was going on that all of us had been waiting for to get finished and that person who walked out of that room was a person that I understood in the dream to by my brother Thomas Reagan and he seemed to be about eight years old. He was also wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy and I noticed just after I saw the woman's rating symbol that he was also wearing the postal clerk rating symbol. But he had the E-1 rate white symbol patch on one sleeve and the E-2 rate white stripe patch on the other sleeve, which is definitely not a uniform standard of the United States Navy. After thinking about that after waking up I decided that detail is supposed to represent the E-1 and E-2 aircraft of the United States Navy.

As he walked up to me, I asked him where he had been because I have been standing on that hill everyday. There was some unspoken dialog about me having food during that time.

There was some other stuff that happened in the dream but I decided to end this note with his response to me about how he had heard I had picked up more stars. I distinctly remember his words to me at that point. He asked me "Is it worth it?"

At that point, I took off two stars from the jacket epaulet on my shoulder, which seemed to be the type used for award stars on United States military medals and ribbons, and I was aware that left me with three stars on my shoulder.

So as I was wondering after getting out of the shower is that I could have just had a normal dream. But I could have just dreamed that final star symbol I need.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 September 2011 excerpt ends]










From 1/4/1961 ( Erwin Schrödinger deceased ) To 9/29/2011 is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 9/29/2011 is 7502 days

7502 = 3751 + 3751

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/9/1976 ( Gerald Ford - Remarks at a Meeting on the Bicentennial Exposition on Science and Technology ) is 3751 days



From 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) To 9/29/2011 is 6180 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/4/1982 ( Leroy Grumman deceased ) is 6180 days










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:29 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 29 March 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/03/gemini.html


Gemini



03/28/2013 01:10 AM
According to AstroViewer Online 3.1.6

http://www.astroviewer.com/interactive-night-sky-map.php


On 29 September 2011 the stars Castor and Pollux, forming Gemini, or The Twins, both rose above the horizon of the Seattle night sky just after midnight.

Both stars would have become visible in the night sky just after midnight on 29 September 2011.

03/28/2013 01:16 AM
The Queen constellation, which is what AstroViewer labels Cassiopeia, is always visible in the night sky in Seattle. The Queen nebula is just about opposite in the sky from the Big Dipper and I think that is the "old woman" I saw in that dream that morning. which is something I thought of only this morning.

In the sleeping dream that morning she said to me "At least we can go somewhere we can spit."

03/28/2013 01:29 AM
As best I can tell September 29th is the only day of the year when Castor and Pollux have just become visible right at midnight. As the days progress after September 29th Castor and Pollux are higher in the sky at the point of midnight.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 March 2013 excerpt ends]



































DSC09526.JPG













https://www.google.com/maps/@47.6543894,-117.4179797,3a,75y,1.8h,92.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVS9xiLKiViWVlejKnT1nIA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Google Maps


203 S Washington St

Spokane, Washington










http://www.britannica.com/biography/Erwin-Schrodinger

Encyclopædia Britannica


Erwin Schrödinger

Austrian physicist

Erwin Schrödinger, (born Aug. 12, 1887, Vienna, Austria—died Jan. 4, 1961, Vienna), Austrian theoretical physicist who contributed to the wave theory of matter and to other fundamentals of quantum mechanics. He shared the 1933 Nobel Prize for Physics with the British physicist P.A.M. Dirac.










http://www.britannica.com/biography/Leroy-Randle-Grumman

Encyclopædia Britannica


Leroy Randle Grumman

American engineer

Leroy Randle Grumman, (born Jan. 4, 1895, Huntington, N.Y., U.S.—died Oct. 4, 1982, Manhasset, N.Y.), American aeronautical engineer and founder of the Grumman Aerospace Corp. He designed some of the most effective naval aircraft used in World War II.

After graduating from Cornell University, Grumman joined the U.S. Navy and served as a flight instructor and later as a test pilot. Following World War I he worked for the Loening Aeronautical Engineering Corp., but in 1929 he founded the Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation on Long Island, N.Y. His FF-1, which entered service with the U.S. Navy in 1933, was a two-seat biplane with retractable landing gear. With the F4F Wildcat, introduced in 1940, Grumman switched to monoplane construction. The F4F featured a folding wing for compact stowage and was the United States’ principal carrier-based fighter plane until Grumman’s F6F Hellcat entered service in 1943. The F6F showed the bulky, ungainly, teardrop-shaped lines for which Grumman became famous, but it became the most successful fighter in the Pacific theatre, outflying and outgunning the Japanese Zero. The Hellcat was the first plane built to pilot specifications, the first produced in mass before a test flight had been conducted, and an aircraft that set production records because it was built so quickly. Another Grumman aircraft, the TBF Avenger, was the navy’s premier torpedo bomber. With the F9F Panther, designed at war’s end, Grumman fighters entered the jet age.

In 1946 Grumman stepped down as president of his company, but he remained chairman of the board until 1966. The Grumman Corporation continued its association with the U.S. Navy, producing the A-6 Intruder attack aircraft in the 1960s and the F-14 Tomcat fighter in the ’70s.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111282/releaseinfo

IMDb


Stargate (1994)

Release Info

USA 28 October 1994










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=6255

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974 - 1977

71 - Remarks at a Meeting on the Bicentennial Exposition on Science and Technology.

February 9, 1976

I AM very impressed with the development that has taken place in the last few months. I can recall very vividly when the idea was first presented to me, and it is very encouraging to see some 20 agencies in the Federal Government, plus American industry, join together in putting together a project that talks about the future of America in relationship to science in our third century.

When we look at what can be done with science, whether it is in climate or energy, in food, in health, or a wide variety of other areas, we should be emphasizing very dramatically to the people who will come and see it, the prospects for a better life in 1976 and for the next 100 years thereafter.

I think our faith in research, research and development, is best exemplified in this demonstration, but also in the funding that we have incorporated in the fiscal year 1977 budget, not only applied science but also basic science. The overall increase in funding for science research and development is about 11 percent with certain emphasis in those areas--energy, particularly, because that is the thing we have to work on to a maximum degree to achieve energy independence by 1985.

But there is also the continuation of our space program with the space shuttle, our climate analysis programs that are vitally important for agriculture as well as otherwise, the basic research from which applied research comes. And Dr. Stever is a firm advocate of that with the National Science Foundation.

Of course, the Department of Commerce has a very significant role here, because industry and commerce are the beneficiaries of what we do with our research and development in the stages where the Federal Government is a participant.

And of course, to bring all of these things together under the aegis of the Bicentennial commission, I think, is one way where we can show to America what we have done and what we are going to do with Federal funds and the ingenuity of our scientists and the drive and foresight of our private sector.

I am very encouraged that a good many million Americans will have an opportunity-beginning May 30 and running through Labor Day--will see firsthand the best in America, not only in the past but in the future. And I congratulate everybody, John, for working with you. And you are playing a very vital role, but it is a team effort that I think the American people will greatly respect and thoroughly enjoy.

So, I congratulate you all and wish you the very best. I think it will have a a great impact not only on all that see it but it will have a significant impact on the Cape Canaveral-Kennedy Space Center operations.

I thank you for your cooperation, and let's make sure it is the very best we can possibly do.










http://www3.epa.gov/airquality/peg_caa/carstrucks.html

United States Environmental Protection Agency


The Plain English Guide to the Clean Air Act

Cars, Trucks, Buses, and "Nonroad" Equipment

The Clean Air Act requires the installation of vapor recovery nozzles at gas stations in certain areas. These gas pump nozzles reduce the release of gasoline vapor into the air when people put gas in their cars.

In the past, buses released large quantities of pollutants. Cleaner, less-polluting buses resulted from the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments.

More cars driving more miles! This is why air pollution from cars has not improved as much as we had hoped, even though individual cars produce less pollution than they used to.

Today, motor vehicles are responsible for nearly one half of smog-forming volatile organic compounds (VOCs), more than half of the nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions, and about half of the toxic air pollutant emissions in the United States. Motor vehicles, including nonroad vehicles, now account for 75 percent of carbon monoxide emissions nationwide.

The total vehicle miles people travel in the United States increased 178 percent between 1970 and 2005 and continues to increase at a rate of two to three percent each year. In the United States, there are more than 210 million cars and light-duty trucks on the road.










http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2008/07/14/Boatpollute.ART_ART_07-14-08_B1_62ANV64.html

The Columbus Dispatch


By Spencer Hunt

The Columbus Dispatch Monday July 14, 2008 9:10 AM

EPA takes aim at pollution caused by recreational boats -

hen Thad Humphrey backed his 21-foot Bayliner Capri into the water at Alum Creek Reservoir, his biggest worry wasn't scraping the dock that flanks the boat ramp.

The 9-year-old boat has given him some unexpected lessons in pollution. A vent on the fuel tank spits out a gulp of gasoline whenever it's filled, and fumes waft from the engine when he lifts its cover.

"When I see an oil slick in the water, it's a little depressing," said Humphrey, 44, of Bexley, who purchased the boat two months ago.

The heavy smell of fuel and the rainbow sheen of gas on the water have been part of recreational boating for decades. But they've largely gone ignored by state and federal regulators, who have concentrated on car and truck pollution.

But tougher government mandates to reduce smog and airborne soot have expanded the focus to include trains, bulldozers, lawn mowers and, now, boats.










http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/green-guide/buying-guides/car/environmental-impact/

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC


Environmental Impact

Production and Destruction

Cars consume a lot of energy before they ever make it to the open road. Automotive production leaves a giant footprint because materials like steel, rubber, glass, plastics, paints, and many more must be created before a new ride is ready to roll.

Similarly, the end of a car’s life doesn’t mark the end of its environmental impact. Plastics, toxic battery acids, and other products may stay in the environment. Fortunately, junkyard pile-ups are becoming much smaller than they were in the past. About three-quarters of today’s average car, including the bulk of a steel frame, can be recycled.

Production, recycling, and disposal costs to the environment are difficult to quantify and largely beyond the control of most consumers. They are also relatively minor. Most of an automobiles’ environmental impact, perhaps 80 to 90 percent, will be due to fuel consumption and emissions of air pollution and greenhouse gases that climate scientists say are driving global warming. Fortunately, the level of that impact is very much under the control of the driver.

Fuel Costs

Petroleum products raise environmental red flags even before they are burned. Extracting them from the earth is an energy-intensive process that can damage local ecosystems. Shipping fuels can also consume a lot of energy, and creates an occasional environmental disaster such as an oil spill. As world demand rises, and unconventional fuel sources, such as oil sands, become more economically viable, the ecological impacts of petroleum extraction might also increase dramatically. That’s one more reason why fuel efficiency is so important.

Air Quality

Vehicles are America’s biggest air quality compromisers, producing about one-third of all U.S. air pollution. The smog, carbon monoxide, and other toxins emitted by vehicles are especially troubling because they leave tailpipes at street level, where humans breathe the polluted air directly into their lungs. That can make auto emissions an even more immediate health concern than toxins emitted high in the sky by industrial smokestacks.



























http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/03/article-1167159-02EE8EEA00000578-481_468x322.jpg










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=6255

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974 - 1977

71 - Remarks at a Meeting on the Bicentennial Exposition on Science and Technology.

February 9, 1976


I think our faith in research, research and development, is best exemplified in this demonstration, but also in the funding that we have incorporated in the fiscal year 1977 budget, not only applied science but also basic science. The overall increase in funding for science research and development is about 11 percent with certain emphasis in those areas--energy, particularly, because that is the thing we have to work on to a maximum degree to achieve energy independence by 1985.

But there is also the continuation of our space program with the space shuttle, our climate analysis programs that are vitally important for agriculture as well as otherwise, the basic research from which applied research comes. And Dr. Stever is a firm advocate of that with the National Science Foundation.

Of course, the Department of Commerce has a very significant role here, because industry and commerce are the beneficiaries of what we do with our research and development in the stages where the Federal Government is a participant.

And of course, to bring all of these things together under the aegis of the Bicentennial commission, I think, is one way where we can show to America what we have done and what we are going to do with Federal funds and the ingenuity of our scientists and the drive and foresight of our private sector.










From 2/9/1976 to 2/5/2016 is 39 years 11 months 3 weeks 6 days










http://robertscribbler.com/2016/01/27/welcome-to-the-renewable-energy-renaissance-fight-to-end-fossil-fuel-burning-is-now-on/

robertscribbler


by ROBERTSCRIBBLER on JANUARY 27, 2016

Welcome to the Renewable Energy Renaissance — Fight to End Fossil Fuel Burning is Now On


Disturbingly, IEA also notes a continued growth in the consumption of coal and gas. So if the IEA report is correct, carbon emissions for the power sector would continue to increase through 2040, which would be a bad outcome for the world’s climate and for life on Earth. Specifically, it would put us on a path toward around 2.7 C warming this Century and about 5-6 C warming long term — which would be about enough to push CO2 levels above 550 ppm and melt most or all of the ice on planet Earth should such high greenhouse gas concentrations be maintained.










- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:08 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 05 February 2016