Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Stargate




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 06/06/10 6:06 AM
I am thinking again there was dialog in Friday's new episode of "Stargate Universe" that reminds me of a line of thought in my mind a day or so earlier about how when God closes one door, He opens another. I am thinking this morning that is relevant to me deciding to continue my mission after 2/22/1976. I am again thinking this morning that the Jupiter moon Callisto is where the original human settlers of this planet, or the predecessors of what we now think of as human, left their supply of some kind of biological medical creatures on the Jupiter moon Callisto before they landed on the planet Earth and then had no means to leave.

That could be the source of the "Monolith" from Clarke's book and movie in 1968. My trip to the Moon in 1969 was the first step. I never did really understand that the moon Callisto was going to play into that, though, until after the fact.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 June 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/transcripts/101.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

RISING, PART 1

EPISODE NUMBER - 101

DVD DISC - Season 1, Disc 1

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 07.16.04


http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/transcripts/102.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

RISING, PART 2

EPISODE NUMBER - 102

DVD DISC - Season 1, Disc 1

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 07.16.04


WRAITH HALL.

WRAITH: What do you call yourself?

SUMNER: Colonel Marshall Sumner, United States Marine Corps.

WRAITH: So little fear. Is it valour ... or ignorance?

SUMNER: We travelled through the Stargate as peaceful explorers.










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/transcripts/102.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

RISING, PART 2

EPISODE NUMBER - 102

DVD DISC - Season 1, Disc 1

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 07.16.04


WRAITH: What do you call your world?

(Sumner refuses to answer. The Wraith repeats the question but this time her mouth doesn't move and the sound of her voice reverberates. She's clearly exerting telepathic force on Sumner, who struggles under the pressure.)

WRAITH (silently): What do you call your world?










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/transcripts/102.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

RISING, PART 2

EPISODE NUMBER - 102

DVD DISC - Season 1, Disc 1

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 07.16.04


SUMNER (struggling not to speak, but unable to resist): Earth.

WRAITH: It is not among our stars.

SUMNER (still struggling): No.










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/transcripts/102.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

RISING, PART 2

EPISODE NUMBER - 102

DVD DISC - Season 1, Disc 1

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 07.16.04


WRAITH: Tell me of Earth. How many more are there of your kind? (Again, Sumner tries not to let her into his mind.) Thousands? Millions? (delighted) More.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: January 13, 008

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 3:39 AM
I had a dream that seemed to be just a few minutes before I just now woke up. In the dream, I was flying a jet aircraft and I think it was an F/A-18 Hornet and there were at least 2 other Hornet's flying with me. There were a lot of very clear details about the dream that I cannot articulate very well. The dream overall seemed unimportant, or at least, I cannot figure out what it was all supposed to be about. At one point, I was very certain that the date was 10/9/2004, but that might have changed. I find myself thinking that I also visualized an '11' but I don't know what that means. In the dream, there were people watching me somehow and that had something to do with my flying. Something about another persons brother, which was me, and that I was flying a jet aircraft. I can distinctly visualize sitting in the jet aircraft and operating the controls and reading the instruments. I clearly remember that I stomped on the left foot pedal for a snap roll and that I was disappointed with my lack of precision in that manuever. At some point in the dream, I seemed to have the objective of flying over someone that was on a highway somewhere. I think that person I was supposed to fly over was Lily Jang. I don't know why that was supposed to happen. She was on a highway somewhere and I was supposed to fly by her. It was dark for most, if not all, of the dream. There were other details in the dream that seem unimportant and that I cannot figure out how to articulate.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 3:59 AM
The date 10/11/2004 was when Duran Duran "Astronaut" released. I felt certain after waking up that I had seen the date 10/9/2004 but I wondered also why the '11' was lingering in my mind. I don't know.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:01 AM
There was also an element in that dream, I think at the point where I was supposed to do the fly-by of Lily Jang, that I realized I had let myself gain too much altitude. I think I was having trouble by that time with reading the instrument panel, because it all had become sort of blurry, and I didn't realize I had been drifting upwards for too long. I am not certain what I did after that point but I can recall vaguely that I was still flying.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:04 AM
I can still sort of visualize the lights on the highway and other reference points I used to navigate my way along to the point I was supposed to fly over.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:05 AM
I didn't seem to gain a tremendous amount of altitude, so I don't know what that means. I would say that I might have gained 100 feet of altitude, which seems unimportant for that kind of fly-by so I don't understand that element of the dream.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:09 AM
I stomped on the left foot pedal, but I seemed to roll to the right. I am not certain if that is correct or not. I want to say that if I stomped on the left pedal, then I would have done a snap-roll to the left.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:10 AM
Or maybe that is correct.

The left foot pedal would raise - I think it would raise - the left aileron, which I think is on the tail, or maybe it would raise the flap on the trailing edge of the left wing. When that control surface is raised, it seems....now that I think it though, I think the aircraft would roll in that direction. The control surface catches the air and creates a drag on that side of the aircraft, which causes it to change attitude on that side. Something like that. I feel slightly confused.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:14 AM
The part about the longitudinal axis sounds correct, in terms of what I am trying to describe.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aileron

Ailerons are hinged control surfaces attached to the trailing edge of the wing of a fixed-wing aircraft. The ailerons are used to control the aircraft in roll. The two ailerons are typically interconnected so that one goes down when the other goes up: the downgoing aileron increases the lift on its wing while the upgoing aileron reduces the lift on the other wing, producing a rolling moment about the aircraft's longitudinal axis.


Modern military aircraft may have no ailerons on the wings at all, and combine roll control with an all-moving tailplane. This is a taileron or a rolling tail.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:19 AM
In a roll, slower than a snap roll, which I think of as a very quick roll, the rudder would be used to keep the aircraft centered on its original heading. The roll would cause the aircraft to drift to one side or the other, which I think is known as yaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_surfaces

Longitudinal axis

The longitudinal axis passes through the plane from nose to tail. Rotation about this axis is called bank or roll. Bank changes the orientation of the aircraft's wings with respect to the downward force of gravity. The pilot changes bank angle by increasing the lift on one wing and decreasing it on the other. This differential lift causes bank rotation around the longitudinal axis. The ailerons are the primary control of bank. The rudder also has a secondary effect on bank.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/13/08 4:25 AM
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/rio.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"Rio"


With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 13 January 2008 excerpt ends]










http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/missions/sts-82/sts-82-day-01-highlights.html

STS-82 Day 1 Highlights


On Tuesday, February 11, 1997, 4:00 a.m. CST, STS-82 MCC Status Report # 1 reports:

Right on time, Discovery and its seven astronauts lifted off from the Kennedy Space Center to begin their chase to rendezvous with and retrieve the Hubble Space Telescope for its second on-orbit servicing.





http://articles.latimes.com/1997-02-15/news/mn-28930_1_hubble-space-telescope


Los Angeles Times


Hubble Upgrade Starts Out '100% Successful'

Space: Astronauts install new equipment aboard orbiting telescope as it soars around Earth. Additional spacewalks planned through Sunday.

February 15, 1997 From Associated Press


HOUSTON — Working with practiced ease while circling Earth at 5 miles a second, a spacewalking duo plugged two new science instruments into the Hubble Space Telescope on Friday to expand its vision of the cosmos.


"From an astronomical point of view, it is almost impossible to imagine the Hubble Space Telescope being any better than it's been for the last three years, but you guys have made it so," said Hoffman, an astronaut-astronomer who took part in the 1993 mission to fix Hubble's blurred vision.





http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19970216&slug=2524353

The Seattle Times


Sunday, February 16, 1997


Shuttle Takes Hubble Higher Up To Avoid Orbiting Space Junk

By Marcia Dunn

AP

SPACE CENTER, Houston - Space shuttle Discovery fled to a safer, higher orbit with the Hubble Telescope yesterday to avoid a piece of space junk the size of a book.

The fragment of an exploded rocket would have come dangerously close to Discovery, its seven astronauts and the telescope anchored in the cargo bay had the crew not steered out of the way.


Astronauts making the mission's second spacewalk Friday night discovered a surprising number of cracks and tears in Hubble's thin, outer insulation, as well as holes punched into the solar panels by micrometeorites.

A few hours after Discovery's pilots steered the shuttle and the moored Hubble into a 2-mile-higher orbit to extend the lifetime of the telescope, they were ordered to go up an additional half-mile.

A fragment of an exploded Pegasus rocket was due to pass within a half-mile of the shuttle and telescope, officials said, and Mission Control did not want to take any chances.

The Pegasus was launched in 1994 with a military-research satellite, which ended up in the wrong orbit. The rocket fragment was one of 8,014 orbiting objects being tracked by the U.S. Space Command yesterday, most of it junk.










From 2/13/1997 ( as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut I begin repairing the US Hubble Telescope while in space and orbit of the planet Earth ) To 1/13/2008 ( premiere US TV movie "Newman's Drugstore" ) is 3986 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/1/1976 ( Gerald Ford - Statement on Signing the Indian Health Care Improvement Act ) is 3986 days



From 2/13/1997 ( as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-82 pilot astronaut I begin repairing the US Hubble Telescope while in space and orbit of the planet Earth ) To 1/13/2008 is 3986 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/1/1976 ( premiere US TV movie "Newman's Drugstore" ) is 3986 days



From 11/21/1985 ( premiere US film "Rocky IV" ) To 1/13/2008 is 8088 days

8088 = 4044 + 4044

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/28/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day launched from the Jupiter moon Callisto to return to the planet Earth ) is 4044 days










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1517496/releaseinfo

IMDb


Newman's Drugstore (1976 TV Movie)

Release Info

USA 1 October 1976










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089927/releaseinfo

IMDb


Rocky IV (1985)

Release Info

USA 21 November 1985 (Los Angeles, California) (premiere)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089927/trivia

IMDb


Rocky IV (1985)

Quotes


Apollo: I want you to promise me you're not gonna stop this fight, no matter what. No matter what!




















http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hires/vg1_1641838.gif

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/object_page/vg1_1641838.html



































DSC03590.JPG



































kerry%2Bwayne%2Bburgess%2Bdd214%2Busn%2B1984%2B1990.jpeg




































JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:12 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 02 January 2016 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/01/head-of-class.html


10800_DSC00829.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:54 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 24 September 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/09/nixons-revenge_24.html


http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/1F12.html

Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy [ The Simpsons ]

Original airdate in N.A.: 17-Feb-94


Abe, meanwhile, inspects some of the other merchandise.

Abe: When I was young, toys were built to last. Look at this junk! [holds a toy rocket] It breaks the first time you take it out of the box. [He strains, then manages to break it in half] And look at these toy soldiers -- they'll break the second I step on 'em. [stomps on em] Arg! Stupid! Toy! Soldiers! Break, you stupid --

[Two security guards grab him]

Guard: All right, come on, Pops. Soldiers won't bother you any more.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 September 2015 excerpt ends]
[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 January 2016 excerpt ends]










http://www.un-documents.net/a42-427.htm

UN Documents

Gathering a body of global agreements


United Nations

A/42/427


Distr: General

4 August 1987


3. The report of the World Commission on Environment and Development, entitled "Our Common Future", is hereby transmitted to the General Assembly.


Annex

Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development

"Our Common Future"










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1001401/releaseinfo

IMDb


Spook! (1972)

Release Info

USA 10 June 1972










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/202.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

THE INTRUDER

EPISODE NUMBER - 202

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 1

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 07.22.05


(Daedalus drops to normal speed.)

ENGINEERING. Rodney and Hermiod are in Engineering.

HERMIOD: If I may be so bold, what exactly are we looking for?

McKAY: Any indication that someone's been tampering with the ship's computers.

HERMIOD: Perhaps you could be more specific.

McKAY: Not really, no.

(Hermiod sighs and mutters to himself in Asgard.)

McKAY: What was that?

HERMIOD: Nothing.

McKAY: Look, just check the major systems -- propulsion, navigation, life support. Look for anything out of the ordinary. Lindstrom and I will check out the power distribution system and see if we can figure out what caused the power spike.

(John walks in.)

SHEPPARD: How's it coming, Rodney?

McKAY: It's going to take a while.

(John looks at Hermiod suspiciously. Rodney walks over.)

McKAY: Don't stare -- he hates it when people stare.

SHEPPARD (quietly to Rodney): Am I the only one who thinks it's strange we're working with an alien?

McKAY: Intergalactic hyperdrive technology's kind of new to us, so we need his help.

SHEPPARD (glancing at Hermiod again, and whispering to Rodney): Is he supposed to be naked like that?










From 6/19/1897 ( Cyril Norman Hinshelwood ) To 11/26/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day makes his first landing the Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 29014 days

29014 = 14507 + 14507

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/22/2005 is 14507 days



From 10/21/1983 ( premiere US film "The Right Stuff" & premiere US film "The Dead Zone" ) To 7/22/2005 is 7945 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/4/1987 ( the United Nations World Commission on Environment and Development publishes the Brundtland Report "Our Common Future" ) is 7945 days



From 10/21/1983 ( premiere US film "The Right Stuff" & premiere US film "The Dead Zone" ) To 7/22/2005 is 7945 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/4/1987 ( the Federal Communications Commission rescinds the Fairness Doctrine ) is 7945 days



From 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut ) To 7/22/2005 is 4824 days

4824 = 2412 + 2412

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/10/1972 ( premiere US film "Spook!" ) is 2412 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 7/22/2005 is 5242 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/10/1980 ( premiere US TV series "From Here to Eternity" ) is 5242 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/05/and-people-shall-deliver-unto-you.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/02/stargate.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/the-intruder-407170/

tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Episode 2

The Intruder

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jul 22, 2005 on Syfy

Daedalus is infected by a Wraith computer virus. Dr McKay and his team must stop it as members of the Atlantis expedition return from Earth after a meeting at the SGC thanks to the ZPM. During the meeting at the SGC, Dr. Weir learns that the Pentagon plans to replace Major Sheppard with Colonel Caldwell.

AIRED: 7/22/05



http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-sg-1/avalon-2-406866/

tv.com


Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Episode 2

Avalon (2)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 22, 2005 on Syfy

AIRED: 7/22/05



http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/9.02_%22Avalon_Part_2%22_Transcript

STARGATE WIKI


9.02 "Avalon Part 2"


(interrupting)
Excuse me. Daniel, what if these gods, the Ori, are the people left behind by the Alterans?

DANIEL
You think they ascended?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:36 AM

To:


This morning I am now for the first time watching the DVD for the premiere episode of the television series “Stargate: Atlantis.” The images I have seen before, as I write this before beginning to watch the episode, suggest I was aware of the television series at some point when it was actively advertised in mainstream media and that I was not interested in watching that television series because it looked too stupid.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2013 excerpt ends]









































fc2%2Bburgess.jpg



































10800_DSC00315.jpg



































DSC09614.jpg



































DSC09615.jpg



































DSC00325.jpg










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


TEYLA: I am not fluent in Ancient but I do recognise a few words: "welcome" and "ascension".

DEX: Ascension?

McKAY (still holding the branch with the camera end through the doorway): To a higher plane of existence. The race of people who built the Stargates -- they eventually evolved to a point where they ascended to a state of pure energy.

DEX: That'd be great!

McKAY: Yeah, well, sadly it's a matter of, uh, evolution.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:36 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 16 May 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/05/i-cant-think-of-title.html


I can't think of a title.



I've got a ton of "Stargate SG-1" DVDs that I have never watched before, even when they broadcast new on television, so there is a massive source of information to use for demonstrating my so-called "time-traveler effect variables."

The season 7 episodes of "Stargate SG-1" have a premiere date beginning 13 June 2003.

The only episode I can recall watching of "Stargate SG-1" other than those first episodes I noted a while back here in my blog, was that 04 January 2005 episode titled "It's Good to be King." I don't recall precisely when I watched that episode. I'm not sure if I saw it on the day it premiered. I was thinking I watched it when it was rebroadcast but I really don't know. I must have seen it in the first half of 2005, the way I remember it. That episode featured time travel but I don't remember much about it now. I still haven't gone back to watch it on DVD.

The final episode of "Stargate SG-1" is listed as 13 March 2007. There are some DVD movies after that and I think I have those DVDs too but I haven't watched them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 May 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002935/bio

IMDb


Moe Howard

Biography

Date of Birth 19 June 1897, Brooklyn [now in New York City], New York, USA

Date of Death 4 May 1975, Los Angeles, California, USA (lung cancer)

Birth Name Moses Horwitz










http://www.britannica.com/biography/Cyril-Norman-Hinshelwood

Encyclopædia Britannica


Sir Cyril Norman Hinshelwood

British chemist

Sir Cyril Norman Hinshelwood, (born June 19, 1897, London, Eng.—died Oct. 9, 1967, London), British chemist who worked on reaction rates and reaction mechanisms, particularly that of the combination of hydrogen and oxygen to form water, one of the most fundamental combining reactions in chemistry. For this work he shared the 1956 Nobel Prize for Chemistry with the Soviet scientist Nikolay Semyonov.

Hinshelwood obtained his doctorate at the University of Oxford in 1924 and became professor of chemistry there in 1937. After retiring from Oxford in 1964 he became a senior research fellow at Imperial College, London.

About 1930 Hinshelwood began investigating the complex reaction in which hydrogen and oxygen atoms combine to form water. He showed that the products of this reaction help to spread the reaction further in what is essentially a chain reaction.

He next sought to explore molecular kinetics within the bacterial cell. Upon observing the biological responses of bacteria to changes in environment, he concluded that more or less permanent changes in a cell’s resistance to a drug could be induced. This finding was important in regard to bacterial resistance to antibiotic and other chemotherapeutic agents. Hinshelwood was knighted in 1948. His publications include The Kinetics of Chemical Change in Gaseous Systems (1926) and The Chemical Kinetics of the Bacterial Cell (1946).










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season3/galactica-302.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X02 - PRECIPICE

Original Airdate (SciFi): 06-OCT-2006


Adama: The Centurions can't distinguish her from the other humanoid models. Did you know that?










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=colony-2016&episode=s01e02

Springfield! Springfield!


Colony

Brave New World


Have people already forgotten The Arrival? Every defense mechanism in this city was wiped out within eight hours. Do you really think a handful of guerrillas is gonna make a difference against them?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:25 PM Sunday, December 27, 2009


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambush

Ambush

An ambush is a long-established military tactic, in which the aggressors (the ambushing force) use concealment to attack a passing enemy. Ambushers strike from concealed positions, such as among dense underbrush or behind hilltops. Ambushes have been used consistently throughout history, from ancient to modern warfare. An ambush predator is an animal which uses similar tactics to capture prey, without the difficulty and wasted energy of a chase.


During ancient warfare, an ambush often might involve thousands of soldiers on a large scale, such as over a mountain pass. Ambushes appear many times in military history. One outstanding example from ancient times is the Battle of the Trebia river. Hannibal encamped within striking distance of the Romans with the trebia River between them, and placed a strong force of cavalry and infantry in concealment, near the battle zone. He had noticed, says Polybius, a “place between the two camps, flat indeed and treeless, but well adapted for an ambuscade, as it was traversed by a water-course with steep banks, densely overgrown with brambles and other thorny plants, and here he proposed to lay a stratagem to surprise the enemy”. When the Roman infantry became entangled in combat with his army, the hidden ambush force attacked the legionnaires in the rear. The result was slaughter and defeat for the Romans. Nevertheless the battle also displays the effects
of good tactical discipline on the part of the ambushed force. Although most of the legions were lost, about 10,000 Romans cut their way through to safety, maintaining unit cohesion. This ability to maintain discipline and break out or maneuver away from a killing zone is a hallmark of good troops and training in any ambush situation.


Planning

Ambushes are complex, multi-phase operations, and are, therefore, usually planned in some detail. First, a suitable “killing zone” is identified. This is the place where the ambush will be laid. It's generally a place where enemy units are expected to pass, and which gives reasonable cover for the deployment, execution, and extraction phases of the ambush patrol. A path along a wooded valley floor would be a typical example.

Ambush can be described geometrically as:

Linear, when a number of firing units are equally distant from the linear kill zone.

L-shaped, when a short leg of firing units are placed to enfilade the sides of the linear kill zone.

V-shaped, when the firing units are distant from the kill zone at the end where the enemy enters, so the firing units lay down bands of intersecting and interlocking fire. This ambush is normally triggered only when the enemy is well into the kill zone. The intersecting bands of fire prevent any attempt of moving out of the kill zone.

Preparation

To be successful, an ambush patrol must deploy into the area covertly, ideally under the cover of darkness. The patrol will establish secure and covert positions overlooking the killing zone. Usually, two or more “cut-off” groups will be sent out a short distance from the main ambushing group, into similarly covert positions. Their job is twofold; first, to give the ambush commander early warning of the approaching enemy, and second, when the ambush is initiated, to prevent any enemies from escaping. Another group will cover the front and rear of the ambush position (blocking force), and thus provide all round defence.

Care must be taken by the ambush commander to ensure that fire from any weapon cannot inadvertently hit any other friendly unit (this is known as crossfire).

Waiting

Having set up the ambush, the next phase is to wait. This could be for a few hours, or a few days, depending on the tactical and supply situation. It is obviously much harder for an ambush patrol to remain covert and alert if sentry rosters, shelter, sleeping, sanitary arrangements, food and water, have to be considered; so this should be done in a patrol harbour, away from the site chosen for the ambush. Ambush patrols will almost always have to be self-sufficient, as re-supply would not be possible without compromising their position.


Execution


If time has allowed for it, the ambush force will have prepared their exit; for example, placing land mines to cover their retreat, with the members of the force making, and following, a safe route through the mines. If possible, a subsidiary ambush may be planned along the exit route to catch pursuing troops, and, if available, the egress may be covered by mortar or artillery fire.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 December 2009 excerpt ends]










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"The Angriest Angel"

11 February 1996

Episode 15 Season 1 DVD video:


US Marine Corps lieutenant colonel T.C. McQueen: I don't give a damn for destiny. Anyone worth a Chig's ass would take responsibility for asking themselves and then answering... "Who am I?" and "What's the point?" My name is Colonel Tyrus Cassius McQueen. But I know nothing of who I am. The answer, I feel, is near. The defining, perhaps final moment is close. Everyone - everyone - in this life knows when the moment is before them. To turn away is simple. To ignore it assures survival. But it is an insult to life. Because there can be no redemption. No second chance. Beyond death, there's nothing. Just darkness and cold. The instant his existence was confirmed, every action, every breath of my life became horrifyingly clear. He's out there tonight, sending our women, our men, to that cold, dark place. And nothing, nothing will stop him, until I face... the moment.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2006 2:25 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:


although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/transcripts/118.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

THE GIFT

EPISODE NUMBER - 118

DVD DISC - Season 1, Disc 5

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 03.11.05


WEIR: We are concerned that the Wraith can connect to you at will, though.

TEYLA: It has never happened before. And, no, I am sure I have to connect with them first. I saw their plans -- the route their ships are taking to get here.

WEIR: That's good!

TEYLA: There is more. They do not just want Atlantis. They know about you.

WEIR: What do you mean?

SHEPPARD: Sumner. The female Wraith wasn't just feeding on him -- she was interrogating him.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:59 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 03 February 2016