Monday, November 14, 2016

Columbia




http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10-26/news/mn-49942_1_muscle-strength

Los Angeles Times


Shuttle Crew Reports Faces Are Puffier, Muscles Flabbier

October 26, 1993 From Times Wire Services

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Fla. — Their faces are puffier. Their muscles are flabbier. But Columbia's astronauts are still feeling frisky halfway into their 14-day medical mission.

"We're having a lot of fun, getting a lot of work done," pilot Richard Searfoss said Monday.

Astronaut William McArthur Jr. said not he, Searfoss or Dr. David Wolf, all space rookies, have had motion sickness. Two-thirds of astronauts become nauseated in the first few days of flight.

"We were frisky from the minute the main engines cut off," McArthur told radio interviewers.

But Searfoss reported a loss of muscle strength. Wolf said he could feel his body change in weightlessness: His legs got skinny and his face puffy because of the upward shift of body fluids.

"When I first saw myself in the mirror up here, I had to take a second look to see if it was really me," Wolf said.

Columbia's 14-day voyage, expected to end Monday, is the longest shuttle flight ever planned by NASA and only the second mission dedicated to medical research.










From 12/19/1984 ( from my official United States Navy documents: as Kerry Wayne Burgess the E-3 Seaman United States Navy I reported aboard the USS Taylor FFG 50 ) To 10/25/1993 is 3232 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/8/1974 ( Richard Nixon - Proclamation 4311—Granting Pardon to Richard Nixon ) is 3232 days



From 4/13/1989 ( premiere US TV series "Dream Street" ) To 10/25/1993 is 1656 days

1656 = 828 + 828

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/8/1968 ( premiere US film "Planet of the Apes" ) is 828 days



From 10/5/1956 ( premiere US film "The Ten Commandments" ) To 9/27/1984 ( from my official United States Navy documents: "UA from class from 0600-0800" ) is 10219 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/25/1993 is 10219 days



From 1/2/1990 ( General of the Armies of the United States and United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan my biological brother walked into the office of George Herbert Walker Bush and after giving him adequate direct verbal warning to defend himself General of the Armies of the United States Thomas Reagan used his fist to physically hit George Bush in the face with enough physical force to leave George Bush unconscious on the floor of his office because George Bush has murdered United States Navy SEALs in Panama and because George Bush is a cowardly violent criminal and because George Bush is an active severely treasonous agent of the Soviet Union and Communist China violently against the United States of America ) To 10/25/1993 is 1392 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/25/1969 ( Harry Hammond Hess deceased ) is 1392 days





http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10-25/news/mn-49672_1_shuttle-commander

Los Angeles Times


Nation IN BRIEF : FLORIDA : Astronauts Take a Break From Needles

October 25, 1993 From Times Staff and Wire Reports

The space shuttle Columbia's astronauts got a respite from being poked with needles as their two-week medical research mission neared the halfway point. officials at Florida's Kennedy Space Center said. "We are very happy up here," shuttle commander John Blaha said. "There are no blood draws." Columbia's rats weren't so lucky--blood was drawn from veins in the tails of five of the 48 rodents on board. The five had been injected with iron and iodine so researchers can measure red blood cell production and destruction. Astronauts become somewhat anemic in space because of red blood cell loss. Researchers hope to learn how to prevent this condition as a result of the experiments.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4695

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974-1977

60 - Remarks on Signing a Proclamation Granting Pardon to Richard Nixon

September 8, 1974

Ladies and gentlemen:

I have come to a decision which I felt I should tell you and all of my fellow American citizens, as soon as I was certain in my own mind and in my own conscience that it is the right thing to do.

I have learned already in this office that the difficult decisions always come to this desk. I must admit that many of them do not look at all the same as the hypothetical questions that I have answered freely and perhaps too fast on previous occasions.

My customary policy is to try and get all the facts and to consider the opinions of my countrymen and to take counsel with my most valued friends. But these seldom agree, and in the end, the decision is mine. To procrastinate, to agonize, and to wait for a more favorable turn of events that may never come or more compelling external pressures that may as well be wrong as right, is itself a decision of sorts and a weak and potentially dangerous course for a President to follow.

I have promised to uphold the Constitution, to do what is right as God gives me to see the right, and to do the very best that I can for America.

I have asked your help and your prayers, not only when I became President but many times since. The Constitution is the supreme law of our land and it governs our actions as citizens. Only the laws of God, which govern our consciences, are superior to it.

As we are a nation under God, so I am sworn to uphold our laws with the help of God. And I have sought such guidance and searched my own conscience with special diligence to determine the right thing for me to do with respect to my predecessor in this place, Richard Nixon, and his loyal wife and family.

Theirs is an American tragedy in which we all have played a part. It could go on and on and on, or someone must write the end to it. I have concluded that only I can do that, and if I can, I must.

There are no historic or legal precedents to which I can turn in this matter, none that precisely fit the circumstances of a private citizen who has resigned the Presidency of the United States. But it is common knowledge that serious allegations and accusations hang like a sword over our former President's head, threatening his health as he tries to reshape his life, a great part of which was spent in the service of this country and by the mandate of its people.

After years of bitter controversy and divisive national debate, I have been advised, and I am compelled to conclude that many months and perhaps more years will have to pass before Richard Nixon could obtain a fair trial by jury in any jurisdiction of the United States under governing decisions of the Supreme Court.

I deeply believe in equal justice for all Americans, whatever their station or former station. The law, whether human or divine, is no respecter of persons; but the law is a respecter of reality.

The facts, as I see them, are that a former President of the United States, instead of enjoying equal treatment with any other citizen accused of violating the law, would be cruelly and excessively penalized either in preserving the presumption of his innocence or in obtaining a speedy determination of his guilt in order to repay a legal debt to society.

During this long period of delay and potential litigation, ugly passions would again be aroused. And our people would again be polarized in their opinions. And the credibility of our free institutions of government would again be challenged at home and abroad.

In the end, the courts might well hold that Richard Nixon had been denied due process, and the verdict of history would even more be inconclusive with respect to those charges arising out of the period of his Presidency, of which I am presently aware.

But it is not the ultimate fate of Richard Nixon that most concerns me, though surely it deeply troubles every decent and every compassionate person. My concern is the immediate future of this great country.

In this, I dare not depend upon my personal sympathy as a long-time friend of the former President, nor my professional judgment as a lawyer, and I do not.

As President, my primary concern must always be the greatest good of all the people of the United States whose servant I am. As a man, my first consideration is to be true to my own convictions and my own conscience.

My conscience tells me clearly and certainly that I cannot prolong the bad dreams that continue to reopen a chapter that is closed. My conscience tells me that only I, as President, have the constitutional power to firmly shut and seal this book. My conscience tells me it is my duty, not merely to proclaim domestic tranquillity but to use every means that I have to insure it.

I do believe that the buck stops here, that I cannot rely upon public opinion polls to tell me what is right.

I do believe that right makes might and that if I am wrong, 10 angels swearing I was right would make no difference.

I do believe, with all my heart and mind and spirit, that I, not as President but as a humble servant of God, will receive justice without mercy if I fail to show mercy.

Finally, I feel that Richard Nixon and his loved ones have suffered enough and will continue to suffer, no matter what I do, no matter what we, as a great and good nation, can do together to make his goal of peace come true.

[At this point, the President began reading from the proclamation granting the pardon.]

"Now, therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from July (January) 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974."

[The President signed the proclamation and then resumed reading.]

"In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this eighth day of September, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and seventy-four, and of the Independence of the United States of America the one hundred and ninety ninth."

Note: The President spoke at 11:05 a.m. in the Oval Office at the White House, where he signed Proclamation 4311 granting the pardon.










http://www.simpsonsarchive.com/episodes/5f03.txt

Bart Star [ The Simpsons ]

Original Airdate on FOX: 09-Nov-97


% Marge and Bart are at Sportacus choosing equipment for Bart's new hobby,
% Pee-Wee Football. Marge is stood at the counter, speaking to the clerk
% about the items Bart will be needing.

Marge: He's going to need, uh... you know, protection.

Guy: Sure... one helmet coming up.

Marge: I was thinking more of... protection... down there (points down).

Guy: Oh, why didn't you say so? Kneepads. You got it.

Marge: [very nervouse laugh] I'm talking about his [muffling] personal area.

Guy: Ah ha. Say no more. I read you loud and clear. The old shoulderpads.

Marge: Look... I wanna cup.

Guy: Cup? Could you spell that?










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4696

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974-1977

61 - Proclamation 4311—Granting Pardon to Richard Nixon

September 8, 1974

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Richard Nixon became the thirty-seventh President of the United States on January 20, 1969 and was reelected in 1972 for a second term by the electors of forty-nine of the fifty states. His term in office continued until his resignation on August 9, 1974.

Pursuant to resolutions of the House of Representatives, its Committee on the Judiciary conducted an inquiry and investigation on the impeachment of the President extending over more than eight months. The hearings of the Committee and its deliberations, which received wide national publicity over television, radio, and in printed media, resulted in votes adverse to Richard Nixon on recommended Articles of Impeachment.

As a result of certain acts or omissions occurring before his resignation from the Office of President, Richard Nixon has become liable to possible indictment and trial for offenses against the United States. Whether or not he shall be so prosecuted depends on findings of the appropriate grand jury and on the discretion of the authorized prosecutor. Should an indictment ensue, the accused shall then be entitled to a fair trial by an impartial jury, as guaranteed to every individual by the Constitution.

It is believed that a trial of Richard Nixon, if it became necessary, could not fairly begin until a year or more has elapsed. In the meantime, the tranquility to which this nation has been restored by the events of recent weeks could be irreparably lost by the prospects of bringing to trial a former President of the United States. The prospects of such trial will cause prolonged and divisive debate over the propriety of exposing to further punishment and degradation a man who has already paid the unprecedented penalty of relinquishing the highest elective office of the United States.

Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this eighth day of September, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and seventy-four, and of the Independence of the United States of America the one hundred and ninety-ninth.

GERALD R. FORD










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0778446/quotes

IMDb


The Simpsons (TV Series)

Bart vs. Australia (1995)

Quotes


Translator: Please to repeat again and I will translating for the el presidente.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4697

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974-1977

62 - Statement on Signing the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 1974.

September 8, 1974

LATE SATURDAY, I signed into law S. 821, the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act of 1974.

This is the first piece of legislation to reach my desk for action in the field of prevention and reduction of crime among our youth. Its passage by very strong majorities in both bodies of the Congress represents a continuation of our national commitment to reduce juvenile delinquency in the United States, to keep juveniles from entering the treadmill of the criminal process, and to guarantee procedural and constitutional protection to juveniles under Federal jurisdiction.

This national commitment is one of partnership with State and local governments through which, together, we spend over $10 billion per year for criminal justice programs.

During the course of this bill's passage through the Congress, the executive branch voiced serious reservations with regard to several of its provisions for organizational change and fund authorizations. I continue to be concerned about these provisions--especially the threat they carry with regard to increased Federal spending at a time when the economic situation demands across-the board restraint, especially in the Federal budget.

Therefore, I do not intend to seek appropriations for the new programs authorized in the bill in excess of amounts included in the 1975 budget until the general need for restricting Federal spending has abated. In the interim, the estimated $155 million in spending already provided under current programs will provide a continuation of strong Federal support.

This bill represents a constructive effort to consolidate policy direction and coordination of all Federal programs to assist States and localities in dealing with the problems of juvenile delinquency. The direction of our Federal programs has been fragmented for too long. This restructuring of present operation and authority will better assist State and local governments to carry out the responsibilities in this field, which should remain with them. Hopefully, the result will be greater security for all citizens and more purpose, sense, and happiness in the lives of young Americans.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=4698

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974-1977

63 - Statement on Signing Legislation Revising Federal Employees' Compensation Benefits.

September 8, 1974

ON SATURDAY, I signed into law H.R. 13871, the 1974 amendments to the Federal Employees' Compensation Act. This act provides workers' compensation benefits for Federal employees injured or killed in the performance of duty. Since the law was last amended over 8 years ago, a number of social and economic developments have made it necessary to update and revise the requirements regarding compensation benefits for injured Federal workers. I feel this new legislation meets those changing conditions.

This bill will provide for improved protection against rising costs for Federal employees and survivors who receive benefits. It also guarantees reemployment rights at the same or an equivalent position upon recovery within certain time limitations. Finally, the bill increases compensation benefits for survivors.

Therefore, I am pleased to sign this bill which will assure quality protection for a very deserving group of workers--the Nation's Federal employees.

Note: As enacted, H.R. 13871, approved September 7, 1974, is Public Law 93-416 (88 Stat. 1143).










http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10-26/news/mn-49942_1_muscle-strength

Los Angeles Times


Shuttle Crew Reports Faces Are Puffier, Muscles Flabbier

October 26, 1993 From Times Wire Services


"When I first saw myself in the mirror up here, I had to take a second look to see if it was really me," Wolf said.










http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=49203206

Find A Grave


Harry Hammond Hess

Birth: May 24, 1906

Death: Aug. 25, 1969



http://www.minsocam.org/ammin/AM59/AM59_415.pdf


American Mineralogist, Volume 59, pages 415417, 1974

Memorial of Harry Hammond Hess

May 24, 1906-August 25, 1969



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Hammond_Hess

Harry Hammond Hess (May 24, 1906 – August 25, 1969) was a geologist and a United States Navy officer in World War II.

Considered one of the "founding fathers" of the unifying theory of plate tectonics, Rear Admiral Harry Hammond Hess was born on May 24, 1906 in New York City. He is best known for his theories on sea floor spreading, specifically work on relationships between island arcs, seafloor gravity anomalies, and serpentinized peridotite, suggesting that the convection of the Earth's mantle was the driving force behind this process. This work provided a conceptual base for the development of the theory of plate tectonics.












2016November14_Chloe55_DSC00936.jpg










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063442/quotes

IMDb


Planet of the Apes (1968)

Quotes


[first lines]

George Taylor: And that completes my final report until we reach touchdown. We're now on full automatic, in the hands of the computers.












2016November14_Chloe55_DSC00934.jpg










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1710684/releaseinfo

IMDb


Dream Street (TV Series)

Pilot (1989)

Release Info

USA 13 April 1989

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1710684/

IMDb


Dream Street (1989– )

Pilot

1h Drama Episode aired 13 April 1989

Season 1 Episode 1

Release Date: 13 April 1989 (USA)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063442/releaseinfo

IMDb


Planet of the Apes (1968)

Release Info

USA 8 February 1968 (New York City, New York)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063442/fullcredits

IMDb


Full cast and crew for

Planet of the Apes (1968)

Charlton Heston ... George Taylor










1968 film "Planet of the Apes" DVD video:


George Taylor: We've had enough sleep for a while. Let's start earning all that back pay.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:15 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 14 November 2016