Sunday, November 27, 2016

Shore Leave




http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/17.htm

Shore Leave [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3025.3

Original Airdate: 29 Dec, 1966


MCCOY: Captain, are you beaming down?

[Kirk's quarters]

KIRK: I hadn't planned to, Bones. Why?

[Glade]

MCCOY: Well, either our scouting probes and detectors are malfunctioning, and all us scouts careless and beauty-intoxicated, or I must report myself unfit for duty.

[Kirk's quarters]

KIRK: Explain.

[Glade]

MCCOY: On this supposedly uninhabited planet, I just saw a large rabbit

[Kirk's quarters]

MCCOY [OC]: Pull a gold watch from his vest and claim that he was late.

KIRK: That's pretty good. I got one for you. The rabbit was followed by a little blonde girl, right?

[Glade]

MCCOY: As a matter of fact, yes.

[Kirk's quarters]

MCCOY [OC]: And they disappeared through a hole in a hedge.

KIRK: All right, Doctor, I'll take your report under consideration. Captain out. That's a McCoy pill, with a little mystery sugar-coating. He wants to get me down there. I'm afraid I won't swallow it.

SPOCK: Very well, Captain. Something I did come to discuss.

KIRK: Yes, Mister Spock, what is it?

SPOCK: I picked this up from Doctor McCoy's log. We have a crewmember aboard who's showing signs of stress and fatigue. Reaction time down nine to twelve percent, associational reading norm minus three.

KIRK: That's much too low a rating.

SPOCK: He's becoming irritable and quarrelsome, yet he refuses to take rest and rehabilitation. Now, He has that right, but we've found

KIRK: A crewman's right ends where the safety of the ship begins. That man will go a shore on my orders. What's his name?

SPOCK: James Kirk. Enjoy yourself, Captain. It's an interesting planet. You'll find it quite pleasant.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:09 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 27 November 2016