Friday, November 18, 2016

"Guilty! Guilty! My evil self is at that door, and I have no power to stop it!"




On 18 November 2016 the sleeping dream I recall had me in some building. The first part I can recall had me walking through a corridor and I stopped at vending machine. The machine itself is too vague to describe. Can't recall seeing the products in the machine. The machine didn't seem to be operative and I hesitated before putting money in it. Another few people walked up and another person slipped a dollar bill into the slot. The machine was indeed not operative and I vaguely recall he was complaining. Then I seemed to be in a classroom. I got in there early and was looking for a seat. I sat down and waited. Thinking that I was hungry because I has skipped breakfast. Looking around. Kind of a casual looking classroom. Some tables and chair. I'm sitting at a sofa with a coffee table in front. Look at the clock. Ten minutes after the hour. A person has now arrived and seems to be instructing the class. Can see a projection displaying information on a side wall of the room and directly in front of me. I cannot visualize that information well enough to describe. I make an insulting comment to a seriously obese guy who is blocking my view and he seems insulted to hear truth. I'm pretty sure he's wearing a US Navy dungaree uniform. Cannot visualize clothing details of anyone else. The next part is I seem to be in another classroom. The first part I remember is that Ann Sewell, from high school, arrives and she seems to be one of the instructors of the class. But the class is really some kind of radio talk show and she is one of two people on the program. I seem to have seen her someone earlier in that part of the dream but cannot now recall specific details. I am admiring the clothing she is wearing and I think she looks pretty and so that is why I decided to sit down at my desk after waking up to make this note. I have a lot of sleeping dreams I never write about. I am writing about this one because of the sleeping dream I wrote about in recent hours. The next part I remember is that I am in another classroom. I am in the back of the room. I am talking to a woman. She is a graduate and we discussed briefly her education. I mention that I never graduated college and that I regret never earning a computer science degree. She says something else I forget now. Something about the benefit of the degree in the current job market. I find myself wishing I could remember other stuff from those series of sleeping dreams but that's all I can recall.

I thought about checking these calendar dates only after waking up. I was never consciously aware of the date 10/24/2006 for example. That's a trivial detail that my mind doesn't store for future reference. There's no reason to. I have documented countless calendar dates in my journal and the only calendar dates I store in the memory of my brain are the ones that have special meaning to me.

I worked a few minutes to check the dates but didn't find anything I feel like going to the trouble of publishing here. There was one interesting one among the usual suspects. The premiere date for "Ghosts of Mars" associates a calendar date I found for the ban on advertisements, from an unsourced Wikipedia article, on the sales of cigarettes in the United States. I seem to recall trying to source that detail in recent years and could not. For this kind of report about a sleeping dream then I would be less stringent anyway about sourcing the details. Anyway, searched a few minutes for Ann Sewell on Facebook but did not find anything. That's happened before though with other people. The search feature of Facebook doesn't reveal people that I now are there. I was hoping to reproduce a similar report as that fascinating observation I made about Kendra Rogers. Must be some kind "Forbidden Planet" thing going on here. Ah, yes. "Sewell Fuel" from those "Space: Above and Beyond" episodes. Consistent with my theory some force is interrogating my mind trying to use me as a way to escape this planet and to beyond the stars.

And all of you dullards are too stupid anyway to gain any benefit from my special insight.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/24/2006 1:05 PM
I was sitting in the waiting room at the VA this morning and a thought suddenly formed in my mind about the United States Naval Academy. I started thinking about how the initials backwards are ANSU. So I started thinking, “Do I know someone named “Ann?” Then I wondered if I knew someone named Sue. I did not think I did. I remember some women with those names, but my instincts must have told me they weren’t the ones I was trying to remember. Then it hit me: Ann Sewell. AN SU EL or maybe it would be AN SU L. I don’t know what the “EL” or just an “L” could represent. So I started thinking about my “memories” of Ann Sewell, who was in my graduating class at Ashdown High School and I remembered two other details. One was of my class reunion in 1994. She was the first person I encountered as I was going to the first night of the reunion as we met down at the Fish Bowl restaurant outside Ashdown, which was a Friday. I was in that convenience store across from the Wal-Mart. She walked in to pay for gas and as I saw her, I said to her matter-of-factly because I had just remembered her name, “Ann Sewell.” We spoke for a few minutes and she and her husband were also on their way to the Fish Bowl. The other memory related to her is actually from Microsoft when I was out bicycle riding with Grace and Lynn. Grace brought up the song from Blondie titled “The Tide Is High.” My immediate response was that Ann Sewell had dedicated that song to me one time in the 9th grade. I think it was one night at the skating rink out on Highway 32.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/24/2006 1:18 PM
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blondie/thetideishigh.html

"The Tide Is High"

The tide is high but I'm holding on


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 24 October 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blondie/thetideishigh.html

AZ

BLONDIE

"The Tide Is High"

The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one
I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that
Oh, no

It's not the things you do that tease and wound me bad
But it's the way you do the things you do to me

I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that
Oh, no

The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one
Number one, number one

Every girl wants you to be her man
But I'll wait my dear 'til it's my turn

I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that
Oh, no

The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one
Number one, number one

Every girl wants you to be her man
But I'll wait my dear 'til it's my turn

I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that
Oh, no

The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


BORG QUEEN: You can't begin to imagine the life you denied yourself.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:26 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 18 November 2016