Thursday, November 24, 2016

Kerry Park




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 5:51 PM Wednesday, September 21, 2011


I had hoped I could watch for the first time the DVD for the 1960 film "The Time Machine" and not stop to make any shatteringly relevant comments but nope, no such luck.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 September 2011 excerpt ends]










1960 film "The Time Machine" DVD video:

00:41:33


Filby: That's the last alert! Hurry! Hurry!

H. George Wells: Listen - listen, this is important.

Filby: Look. An atomic satellite zeroing in. That's important. Come on! Come on!

H. George Wells: But I've got to talk to you!

Filby: Come on!

H. George Wells: Filby? Filby!

Filby: Hurry! Hide till the all clear.

H. George Wells: But, but, Filby, I've got to talk to you!

H. George Wells: [ narrating ] The labor of centuries gone in an instant. But then mother earth, aroused by man's violence, responded with volcanic violence of her own. Only my speed through time saved me from being roasted alive










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/04/09 11:14 PM
I had another dream about being in that house I owned in Greer, SC, and that dream seemed to be early into my sleep period. An odd observation about that dream is that I seemed to dream about that dream a one or two hours later or maybe slightly more later than that. It seems to have been several hours before I got up. In that later dream I seemed to be thinking over that first dream and then I was dreaming or thinking or both about this time right now as I write about both dreams. In that first dream I walked through that short hallway and into the master bedroom on the main level of the house that I was using as an office while my bedroom was in one of the bedrooms upstairs. So anyway I had just walked into that room and I was turned towards the door in that room that connects to the deck on that back of the house and then suddenly there was a very bright light. In the dream I knew that a nuclear bomb had just exploded and then I was face down on the floor with my face covered by my hands or pressed into my arms and I guess I was wearing only a pair of shorts and I was aware that the hair on my body was standing up as though I was receiving an electrical shock. I have thought several before this dream that for certain people in the proximity of a nuclear blast the only reaction their senses will register after the blast and depending on their distance from the blast will be a sense of electric shock. So I was there on the floor and I was thinking the flash should only last a second or two but after what seemed to be quite a few seconds I peeked out very slightly from the my body covering my eyes and I could still see there was a blinding white light flooding the area. I was also thinking during that time in the dream or I was thinking this later in that later dream that I could also hear a sound and I guess it was the sound of the bomb traveling through air. But I am not certain what that means other than the obvious of what I was thinking during the dream. So I was still there and I was wondering if I was going to die because the fire slowly roasted me alive and I was wondering if another bomb was going to drop directly on my location and incinerate me first. The dream seemed to have ended there. I have been thinking there was something else I was going to add to this but now I cannot remember what it was. I might remember in a few minutes if there was something. Something else I was thinking during that time in the dream.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine (1960)


The war was still waging. Now in
the air with flying machines.
Then I realized the truth.
This was a new war.
I decided to push into time
and see the outcome of this.
My house was hit!
The flames shot up.
Instantly, my home was gone.
I was in the open air.
The years rolled by,
everything unfamiliar.
Except the smile of my
never-aging friend.
What was this? Weird sounds
all around. What could it be?
My curiosity compelled me to stop.
At first I wondered if I was
the cause of the panic.
I was soon to find out I wasn't.
Keep it moving! Shove it on!
Come on, into the shelter.
Come on, young man! Come on!
- Filby?
- The name is Mr. Filby.
- Didn't you hear the siren?
- The horrible screeching?
It wasn't constructed
for aesthetic value...
...but to warn young fools
to get into shelter.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/04/09 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, now I remember. The dream did not seem to end there. The next series of scenes I remember were then of here in Seattle. For some reason, I was out on Aurora Blvd., or so it seemed based on the scenes I can still visualize to some degree and I seemed to be several miles north of downtown and I could see the Seattle skyline to the south. This first scene was in daytime and I could see there was a large fire to the west where Bellevue and Redmond would be but my sight was obscured by a large hill in that direction and the fire was beyond that hill. I was also aware that I had probably been exposed to ionizing radiation from the nuclear bomb blast and I did not know how much. At some point around that time I also seemed to note there was a large fire in the Seattle skyline but that is not a clear in my mind as the fire towards Bellevue and Redmond. That could just mean that I was looking directly at Seattle when that area was hit again. I don't know. Then the next scene I remember seemed to be night time and I was traveling with three other people but I cannot remember enough detail to articulate any of that. I vaguely recall some details that make me think we where along Aurora Avenue and near to Shoreline to the north. There was an area we walked to where someone had just dug several holes in the ground and the holes were freshly dug and I could see a shovel nearby and I think I took the shovel. I pondered over how the holes did not seem to be graves but I don't know what they were for. They could have been for small trees I guess but they were probably too close together. There was also a sense during the dream that I should know better than to take that shovel because I was a lawyer and I shouldn't just take it away from there.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 7:47 PM Sunday, September 11, 2011


The cat. Why did the cat eagerly approach me today. I wonder why today. Why today. Damned if I can remember now what else I wanted to write about here. My mind is locked.

Oh, yeah. The cat. Maybe the cat is the lifeform I get to save from here. But how. I never leave here. I stay here and watch the United States of America federal military launch a salvo of ballistic missiles with atomic warheads over the downtown of Seattle Washington and my reconnaissance of that occurrence puts me 100% into the kill zone of that attack. So I've been thinking about that. I think about the other people around me at the time of that future attack. They are no different that the people of Hiroshima on 6 August 1945. They also had no conscious awareness of what was about to happen to them. Me, on the other hand, I have had years and decades to think about it. And not just about that probability or the possibility of that happening but about the absolute fact that I would stand there and see a thermonuclear bomb explode in front of me. The people of Hiroshima that were killed right away were the lucky ones of those people that their government failed. The unlucky one were the ones who were on the edge of the blast. The blast burns and the moderate exposures. I will be one of those people in Seattle Washington. So I have been thinking. I wondered how it is that I take back any kind of files with me and how it is possible I could even save that cat. My whole theory is based on the the theory that my physical body is somehow regenerated and I appear as a time traveler in another time period. I can only guess that I become for the first time a time traveler because of that event. But where does the regeneration begin and end? Are my clothes regenerated? If I am roasted by the thermonuclear blast, which happens regardless of my proximity to the bomb, then what about my physical person becomes regenerated?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 September 2011 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:15 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 24 November 2016