Thursday, November 24, 2016

My sensations would be hard to describe. As the columns of hail grew thinner, I saw the white figure more distinctly. It was very large, for a silver birch-tree touched its shoulder. It was of white marble, in shape something like a winged sphinx, but the wings, instead of being carried vertically at the sides, were spread so that it seemed to hover




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/21/10 4:38 PM
At the very vague start of the dream that I think I woke up from earlier today I think, as I have been trying to remember today, that Bill Clinton gave me an assignment that had something to do with trees and so with a certain sense of confidence I was standing next to a treeline and I knew that I could determine the height of the trees, which were soaring above me, by measuring the length of the shadow on the ground. There was another dream sequence before that of which writing the last sentence made me think of but I cannot now remember that earlier dream sequence although I might remember it later. One problem I noted with my activity to determine the height of the trees, which all seemed generally the same height, was that the shadow of the tree I was going to measure stretched across a busy highway or major roadway. There were not a lot of cars going past at the time but there were just enough that I would not have time to keep the tape measure from being run over by a car and I did not want that to happen. I worked at it for a while and then I was on the other side of the road and I am not certain if I did get the shadow measured correctly. There are other scenes on that other side of the road and then I noticed that I had lost track of the shadow. I seemed to be too far down the dirt road I had been working on and I had been looking at the road and there were ruts in the road and standing water and I remember that I was stretching the tape measure and I was concerned about something and that concern might have been about snakes but I never did see anything.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/21/10 4:48 PM
After I noticed that I had lost track of the shadow there are some other details I notice around then but I am not clear on what happened next. I should have walked back the way I came but I seemed to travel through the woods in a direction of travel perpendicular to where I had been. None of the surroundings are specifically familiar but at the end of the dream I knew where I was. I seemed to have walked through the woods and I walked back out to that paved road again, which I seemed to have traveled parallel to while traveling from east to west, and I was standing there looking back towards the north-east and I was looking at that office complex building that has been in the same stage of construction since I moved here to Crowne Point. I must have been standing inside the north-east corner of that Greenwood cemetery. Then I was standing on the sidewalk at that location and some people started rushing around me from the east and they seemed to be jogging and there was almost someone telling me in my mind that I should be careful to not let anyone them hit me with their fists, which one seemed to be about to do but did not, and I am still left to wonder whether those people rushing around me and past me on the sidewalk were actually zombies from that cemetery although they did not seem to be coming from a direction that was consistent with that notion of coming from the cemetery because my back was to the cemetery and they were traveling along the sidewalk that travels along the edge of the cemetery.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/21/10 4:57 PM
After I thought today about all those details from the dream I thought to myself that the part where I started measuring the length of the shadow of the tree was logically the eastern edge of the Crowne Point property line on 4th Street and that was the street that I saw with the cars and that I had to run the tape measure across. The point where I stopped and realized I had lost track of the shadow line must have been somewhere in that Maplewood apartment complex across the street although none of those details were visible in the dream.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 March 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine (1960)


Excuse me, sir. Sir? Perhaps curiosity has died. Perhaps... ...courtesy too, but I've come far and I'd like to know things.

Why?

Because I shall return to my time, and my people will ask questions. Such as: What kind of government rules your world?

We have no government.

Well, you must have a body of men who pass and enforce laws.

Laws? There are no laws.

Where do you get food and clothing? Doesn't anybody work?

No.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:49 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 24 November 2016