Saturday, November 12, 2016

Monday




http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


KIRK: Guardian. Can you change the speed at which yesterday passes?

GUARDIAN: I was made to offer the past in this manner. I cannot change.

(The US cavalry charges.)

KIRK: Strangely compelling, isn't it? To step through there and lose oneself in another world.

SPOCK: I am a fool. My tricorder is capable of recording even at this speed. I've missed taping centuries of living history which no man before has ever










From 4/6/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The City on the Edge of Forever" ) To 11/14/2016 is 18120 days

18120 = 9060 + 9060

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/23/1990 ( Saddam talks to hostages on Iraqi TV ) is 9060 days










http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1990_724466

chron

Houston Chronicle Archives

Saddam talks to hostages on Iraqi TV/Troops ready to surround embassies

Houston Chronicle News Services

THU 08/23/1990

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

NICOSIA, Cyprus - Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, in a tape from Iraq televised today, talked to a group of Western children and adults in his office in an apparent attempt to show the hostages were not being mistreated.

He told the group of Westerners, some believed to be British, that "your presence here and other other places is meant to prevent war."

The talk was broadcast by Cable News Network, which said it was a tape of the meeting. It was not known when the meeting took place.

Saddam was shown sitting in a business suit, patting the Western children on the head. He was surrounded by army officers and an interviewer who provided some translation of the conversation.

One of the officers also repeatedly stroked the head of one child as Saddam spoke to the boy. The grim-faced boys were dresssed in shorts and T-shirts. Saddam talked briefly with them about playing sports.


The Iraqi TV broadcast gave Saddam an unusual forum to repeat the Iraqi position.

A group of adults sat around the room, and also spoke with Saddam through an interpreter. Saddam asked them for forgiveness for keeping them there.

"Your presence here will not be for too long," he said.

"Your presence here is not a source of pleasure for us. This does not make us happy. What would make us happy would be to see you back in your countries or back in the streets of Baghdad (as in normal times)," Saddam said.

Saddam appeared relaxed as he spoke with a boy, identified only as Ian, 7. Saddam asked the boy if he was getting enough milk and food. The child, through an interpreter, said he was getting enough milk and cornflakes.

It was then that Saddam giggled, and turning to an aide in military uniform, he said in Arabic: "He is getting more than our Iraqi children."










http://www.startrek.com/database_article/city-on-the-edge-of-forever-the

STAR TREK


City on the Edge of Forever, The

Star Trek: The Original Series

Season: 1 Ep. 28

Air Date: 04/06/1967










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


(But McCoy has woken up, and dashes towards the Guardian.)

SCOTT: Doctor McCoy!

KIRK: Bones, no!

(McCoy leaps through the doughnut and the pictures stop. He's gone.)

KIRK: Where is he?

GUARDIAN: He has passed into... what was.

UHURA: Captain, I've lost contact with the ship.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


[Boarding house]

(Jim and Edith are climbing the stairs together.)

EDITH: Why? What is so funny about man reaching for the moon?

KIRK: How do you know?

EDITH: I just know, that's all. I feel it. And more, I think that one day they'll take all the money they spend now on war and death

KIRK: And make them spend it on life?

EDITH: Yes. You see the same things that I do. We speak the same language.

KIRK: The very same.

(They are outside room 33 when he leans in for the kiss.)

[Street]

(McCoy catches the down-and-out.)

MAN: No!

MCCOY: I'm glad you got away, too. Why do you think they want to kill us?

MAN: Look, fella, you take a sip too much of that old wood alky, and, and almost anything seems like it

MCCOY: Where? Where are we? Earth? The constellations seem right, but. Explain! Explain this trick.

MAN: I, I,

MCCOY: Biped. Small. Good cranial development. No doubt considerable human ancestry. Is that how you're able to fake all of this? Very good. Modern museum perfection. Right down to the cement beams. Very, very good. Oh, I'd give a lot to see the hospital. Probably needles and sutures. All the pain. They used to hand-cut and sew people like garments. Needles and sutures. Oh, the terrible pain!

(He passes out on the ground and his colour starts to improve. The man frisks him, finds his phaser and runs off










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


SCOTT: Nothing wrong with the communicator, sir.

GUARDIAN: Your vessel, your beginning, all that you knew is gone.

KIRK: McCoy has somehow changed history.

SCOTT: You mean we're stranded down here?

SPOCK: With no past, no future.

UHURA: Captain, I'm frightened.

KIRK: Earth's not there. At least, not the Earth we know. We're totally alone.

Captain's log, no stardate. For us, time does not exist. McCoy, back somewhere in the past, has effected a change in the course of time. All Earth history has been changed. There is no starship Enterprise. We have only one chance. We have asked the Guardian to show us Earth's history again. Spock and I will go back into time ourselves and attempt to set right what ever it was that McCoy changed.

SPOCK: I was recording images at the time McCoy left. A rather barbaric period in your American history.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: April 07 2011

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/07/11 1:02 AM
I generated that number '5160' by randomly selecting each number at a time. First, I closed my eyes, started flipping pages in the telephone book, stopped on a page with my eyes still closed, then I jabbed my sharp scientific instrument tool onto the page of the telephone book and held it there and then opened my eyes to see what was under the instrument. I had to do that several times before I had used my instument to stick the sharp end into an actual number and eventually, I generated the number '5.' I did the same thing over and over again until I generated the number '1' and then I did the same process over and over again until I got the last two numbers and I generated each number by itself using that process.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/07/11 4:18 AM
God, I know what it is. If I could just remember it. Salt. What is it about salt? Salt has something to do with it. Sodium chloride. NaCl. What is about salt? Am I supposed to create some kind of solution that uses salt? I tried that already. Nothing happened. Is it not yet time? Salt. Salt. Salt. Salt. Salt water, of course, is seawater. But that is not it by itself. That is not what I need to recall. I don't know. Maybe, again, I don't have to actually construct anything. Maybe I am just supposed to remember something.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/07/11 7:07 AM
When did I last get drunk before today? I have been trying to remember the last time I got drunk. Must have been three or four or five days ago. Maybe more but I don't know. I should be able to find quickly the grocery store receipt that lists when I bought the beer. I am wondering about it because as I finish off the better part of a twelve pack of Corona Extra this morning I have reached the point in the series finale episodes of the "Battlestar Galactica" television series DVD collection where those final five "Cylons" all stick their hands into what I just heard them describe as a conductive solution so they can all transfer the code in their "Cylon" minds into a collective work that will give the other "Cylons" the program code to the "Resurrection" technology.

The reason I wonder about when the last time I was drunk is that the last time I was drunk is when I was thinking hard about salt and what secret is connected to it. I even poured a heaping of salt into a bowl and then I filled that bowl with warm water and I was thinking to myself about how I had to use both hands and then I took that bowl over to that area of the inside wall that I cleared a space in front of and with both of my hands I puts both of my hands into that bowl of warm salt water and I traced out a question mark onto that wall.

I stand in front of that wall today and I cannot see any kind of marks that I left from that activity but I was standing about about three feet or more away from the wall yesterday and I did have a salty taste in my mouth after I moved about three or four feet in front of the wall.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/07/11 7:15 AM
I noted a while back that I had started watching again that DVD collection but then I quit after or thereabouts that last time I brought it up in my online blog. Tonight, or this morning, I decided to just pick up those final episodes and watch those as I finish this twelve pack of Corona Extra. I started with unaired extended version of "Islanded in a Stream of Stars" and then the unaired extended version of the final episode.

I find those people that work in that production of "Battlestar Galactica" more objectionable every time I see them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 April 2011 excerpt ends]












DSC00100.jpg







DSC00071.jpg







DSC00018.jpg










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


GUARDIAN: A question. Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited a question.

KIRK: What are you?

GUARDIAN: I am the Guardian of Forever.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:22 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 12 November 2016