Friday, November 11, 2016

Normandy




http://www.azlyrics.com/m/modestmouse.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

album: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" (2007)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/dashboard.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

"Dashboard"

Well, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Oh, the dashboard melted, but we still have the radio.












DSC02299.jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 12:23 PM Monday, August 14, 2006


Scars

Lately I have also started to understand that scars on my body are not what I remember.

There is the scar on my hand that I used to think was from scraping it on concrete one night when I was drunk and could not drive so I had to go through a bad neighborhood while walking to my apartment 7 miles away from the bar I had been at. I have started thinking that the reality is that I was tortured as a POW and the scar is from someone using a power drill on my hand.

The scar on my right wrist isn't the burn I recieved from someone dropping hot apple pie on it when I was a kid in a day care center, rather...I'm not really sure what it is. I have been thinking it is a shrapnel wound from anti-aircraft artillery. When I think of this I think of two scenes from two movies. One is that scene in "Memphis Belle" where the tomato soup container explodes and they wonder who was hit.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 August 2006 excerpt ends]










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fulcrum

Dictionary.com


fulcrum


Medical Dictionary


The point or support on which a lever pivots.

An anatomical structure that acts as a hinge or a point of support.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/rio.html

AZ

DURAN DURAN

"Rio"


Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise
Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice
With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west
You know you're something special and you look like you're the best
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande
I've seen you on the beach and I've seen you on TV
Two of a billion stars it means so much to me
Like a birthday or a pretty view
But then I'm sure that you know it's just for you
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande
Hey now woo look at that did she nearly run you down
At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive
You make me feel alive, alive alive










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-102.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X02 - WATER

Original Airdate: January 14, 2005 (USA)


Helo: Never send a pilot to do an E.C.O.'s job.










From 6/6/1944 ( the landings at Normandy begin during World War 2 ) To 11/5/1994 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 9207 days



From 6/6/1944 ( the landings at Normandy begin during World War 2 ) To 11/5/1994 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut ) To 11/5/1994 is 912 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/2/1968 ( premiere US film "The Odd Couple" ) is 912 days



From 2/6/1911 ( my biological maternal grandfather Ronald Reagan ) To 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) is 21190 days

21190 = 10595 + 10595

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/5/1994 is 10595 days





http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/reagan-alzheimers


PBS


On November 5, 1994, former President Ronald Reagan published a letter to the American people announcing his diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease.


My fellow Americans,

I have recently been told that I am one of the millions of Americans who will be afflicted with Alzheimer's disease.

Upon learning this news, Nancy and I had to decide whether as private citizens we would keep this a private matter or whether we would make this news known in a public way.

In the past, Nancy suffered from breast cancer and I had cancer surgeries. We found through our open disclosures we were able to raise public awareness. We were happy that as a result many more people underwent testing. They were treated in early stages and able to return to normal, healthy lives.

So now we feel it is important to share it with you. In opening our hearts, we hope this might promote greater awareness of this condition. Perhaps it will encourage a clear understanding of the individuals and families who are affected by it.

At the moment, I feel just fine. I intend to live the remainder of the years God gives me on this earth doing the things I have always done. I will continue to share life's journey with my beloved Nancy and my family. I plan to enjoy the great outdoors and stay in touch with my friends and supporters.

Unfortunately, as Alzheimer's disease progresses, the family often bears a heavy burden. I only wish there was some way I could spare Nancy from this painful experience. When the time comes, I am confident that with your help she will face it with faith and courage.

In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that may be, I will leave the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future.

I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead.

Thank you, my friends.

Sincerely,

Ronald Reagan










http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/d-day/print

HISTORY


JUNE 06, 1944 : D-DAY

Although the term D-Day is used routinely as military lingo for the day an operation or event will take place, for many it is also synonymous with June 6, 1944, the day the Allied powers crossed the English Channel and landed on the beaches of Normandy, France, beginning the liberation of Western Europe from Nazi control during World War II. Within three months, the northern part of France would be freed and the invasion force would be preparing to enter Germany, where they would meet up with Soviet forces moving in from the east.

With Hitler’s armies in control of most of mainland Europe, the Allies knew that a successful invasion of the continent was central to winning the war. Hitler knew this too, and was expecting an assault on northwestern Europe in the spring of 1944. He hoped to repel the Allies from the coast with a strong counterattack that would delay future invasion attempts, giving him time to throw the majority of his forces into defeating the Soviet Union in the east. Once that was accomplished, he believed an all-out victory would soon be his.

On the morning of June 5, 1944, U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower, the supreme commander of Allied forces in Europe gave the go-ahead for Operation Overlord, the largest amphibious military operation in history. On his orders, 6,000 landing craft, ships and other vessels carrying 176,000 troops began to leave England for the trip to France. That night, 822 aircraft filled with parachutists headed for drop zones in Normandy. An additional 13,000 aircraft were mobilized to provide air cover and support for the invasion.

By dawn on June 6, 18,000 parachutists were already on the ground; the land invasions began at 6:30 a.m. The British and Canadians overcame light opposition to capture Gold, Juno and Sword beaches; so did the Americans at Utah. The task was much tougher at Omaha beach, however, where 2,000 troops were lost and it was only through the tenacity and quick-wittedness of troops on the ground that the objective was achieved. By day’s end, 155,000 Allied troops–Americans, British and Canadians–had successfully stormed Normandy’s beaches.

For their part, the Germans suffered from confusion in the ranks and the absence of celebrated commander Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, who was away on leave. At first, Hitler, believing that the invasion was a feint designed to distract the Germans from a coming attack north of the Seine River, refused to release nearby divisions to join the counterattack and reinforcements had to be called from further afield, causing delays. He also hesitated in calling for armored divisions to help in the defense. In addition, the Germans were hampered by effective Allied air support, which took out many key bridges and forced the Germans to take long detours, as well as efficient Allied naval support, which helped protect advancing Allied troops.

Though it did not go off exactly as planned, as later claimed by British Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery–for example, the Allies were able to land only fractions of the supplies and vehicles they had intended in France–D-Day was a decided success. By the end of June, the Allies had 850,000 men and 150,000 vehicles in Normandy and were poised to continue their march across Europe.

The heroism and bravery displayed by troops from the Allied countries on D-Day has served as inspiration for several films, most famously The Longest Day (1962) and Saving Private Ryan (1998). It was also depicted in the HBO mini-series Band of Brothers (2001).












http://www.boeing.com/resources/boeingdotcom/defense/ah-64_apache/images/ah_64_gallery_med_02_960x600.jpg












http://wallpoper.com/images/00/30/73/88/aircrafts-mig-29_00307388.jpg










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/dashboard.html

AZ

MODEST MOUSE

"Dashboard"

Well, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Oh, the dashboard melted, but we still have the radio.

Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go.

Oh, it could've been, should've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, the windshield was broken but I love the fresh air you know.
(The dashboard melted but we still have the radio)

Oh, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know, oh!
(The dashboard melted but we still have the radio)
Oh, we talked about nothing which was more than I wanted you to know-oh-oh-oh-oh.
Now here we go!

Oh! It would've been, could've been worse than it had even gone
Well, the car was on blocks, but I was already where I want.
(It was impossible, we ran it good, we ran it good)

Why should we ever even ever really even get to know?
(It was impossible, we ran it good, we ran it good)
Oh if the world don't like us it'll shake us just like we were a co-oh-oh-oh-old.
Now here we go!

Well we scheme and we scheme but we always blow it
We've yet to crash, but we still might as well tow it
Standing at a light switch to each east and west horizon,
Every dawn [ when ] you're surprising,
and in the evening one's consoling
Saying "See it wasn't quite as bad as"
Well, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.

I was patiently erasing and recording the wrong episodes
After you had proved my point wrong,
It wasn't like I'd let it go, oh-oh-oh. Oh-oh-oh.
I just wanted to catch the last laugh of this show.

Yeah, it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Oh, the dashboard melted, but we still have the radio.
(The dashboard melted, but we ran it good, we ran it good)

Hard-wired to conceive, so much we'd have to stow it
Even needs have needs, tiny giants made of tinier giants.
Don't wear eyelids so I don't miss the last laugh of this show.
(The dashboard melted but we still have the radio)

[ Well, ] we could've been, should've been worse than you would ever know.
(The dashboard melted but we still have the radio)
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go-oh-oh-oh-oh.
Now here we go!

Well we scheme and we scheme but we always blow it
We've yet to crash, but we still might as well tow it
Standing at a light switch to each east and west horizon,
Every dawn [ when ] you're surprising,
and in the evening one's consoling
Saying "See it wasn't quite as bad as"

Oh it would've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.










http://www.oocities.org/elzj78/bsgminiseries.html


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Miniseries [ Monday 08 December 2003 USA ]


Adama: We trained for this.










From 12/19/1915 ( Alois Alzheimer deceased ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 28856 days

28856 = 14428 + 14428

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/4/2005 ( the incident at the police department City of Kent Washington State after my voluntary approach to report material criminal activity directed against my person ) is 14428 days


[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/08/dark-matter_27.html ]










Space: Above And Beyond

Dear Earth

03 March 1996

Episode 17 Season 1 DVD video:

00:08:16


US Marine Corps lieutenant colonel McQueen: Now, I've been getting an earful of bitching and moaning about pilots being deployed as ground pounders. Hear this, C.F.B. This is not the air force. This is the Corps - air-ground combat element of the 51st MEU - every Marine a rifleman. Therefore, you will fight on command - where needed, how needed. Do I make myself clear?

All: Yes, sir!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: November 06, 2007

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/06/07 2:44 AM
When I wake up, as I have on many occasions, and realize I am holding a knife in my hand, which I was not holding when I went to sleep, I wonder what I was dreaming about.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 November 2007 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:23 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 11 November 2016