Tuesday, September 04, 2018

The Last Starfighter




from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/12/2006 6:46 PM
I look back and see now that my family was trying to bring me back all these years.










http://thelaststarfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Rylos

The Last Starfighter Wiki

Rylos

Planet Rylos, is capital of the Star League, home of the Rylan species and to Starfighter Command.












20161116_130748.jpg










https://www.dictionary.com/browse/margaret

Dictionary.com

Margaret

a female given name










https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Release Info

USA 13 July 1984



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/fullcredits

IMDb

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Full Cast & Crew

Lance Guest ... Alex Rogan / Beta Alex










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 05/31/08 12:58 PM
Damnit.

Something just flashed into my mind about a dream I had when I last was asleep, having woken up in the past hour or so.

But what was it I just saw?

Something about flying the Apache attack helicopter?

There was something very detailed in my dream but something just flashed into my mind for a fraction of a second and I could not keep it long enough to focus on it.

05/31/08 1:04 PM


http://www.bluetreeny.com/index.php?route=ret|product&prod_id=1269&cat_id=106

1/2 Moon [ Blue Tree ]

$60.00

I'd Like to Give You the Moon and Then Some... Did you ever want to give the gift that money cannot buy like the moon or the stars? Now you can! Phoebe Cates and designer Pablo Valencia bring this idea alive with this new jewelry line. All pieces are silver unless otherwise noted. (NOTE: Due to high demand items are occasionally out of stock. Customers will be notified after purchase if items are out-of-stock, but generally only take a few days to fill.)










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Never No More" Part 1 of 2

4 February 1996

Episode 14 DVD video:


US Marine Corps Captain John Oakes: I ordered a double shot of J.D.

US Navy aircraft-spacecraft carrier USS Saratoga bartender: Well, sorry, zoomie. No billet, no fill it.

John Oakes: I'm here to drink to the memory of a pilot who this very day was killed in action. You think you're going to stop me because I don't have a drink ticket? Listen up, you maggot. You got about a heartbeat to set me up with a double shot of J.D. so that I can honor that memory. You reading me loud and clear?

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Shane Vansen: Set us up. Friend of yours?

John Oakes: More than a friend.

Shane Vansen: Then here's to lieutenant Brandt. You look older. You don't look like a boy anymore.

John Oakes: I'm not. [ referring to document ] He disappeared about a hundred of these ago.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series television series episode ]

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


EDITH: Why does Spock call you Captain? Were you in the war together?

KIRK: We served together.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34289

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Commencement Ceremony

May 16th, 1987

Thank you all very much. And Secretary Weinberger, Chairman Olch, Dean Sanford, members of the graduating class, and ladies and gentlemen, I must tell you before I start how relieved I was when Dean Sanford told me that I was going to walk on after the procession. I thought that I was going to come in with the dean, and with his reputation, I'd been afraid that the good news was that we might perch on the backstage rafters and rappel in— [laughter] —and the bad news, that we'd jump from 10,000 feet. [Laughter] But it's a pleasure to be here to welcome you the graduates of this the West Point and Annapolis and Colorado Springs for physicians into your new profession as military and Public Health Service doctors.

You know, I hope you won't mind if I pause for a minute, but that reminds me of something. At my age, everything reminds you of something. [Laughter] People will be calling you doctor. And there are all kinds of doctors. I'm even one kind of doctor. Last week down at Tuskegee University, at the commencement there, I was awarded an honorary degree. I am a doctor of laws now. And I told them at that time that they had compounded a sense of guilt I had nursed for some 55 years, because I always was suspicious that the first degree I got, when I graduated from college, was honorary. [Laughter] You know, I was devoted to some other activities, such as football and swimming and campus dramatics. And I've often wondered, since, if I'd spent more time and worked harder as a student how far I might have gone. [Laughter]

But seriously, there's no doubt about what you, with your hard work, have accomplished. The British poet Robert Louis Stevenson, once said: "There are men and classes of men that stand out; the soldier and the sailor, not unfrequently, and the physician almost as a rule."










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000121/bio

IMDb

Phoebe Cates

Biography

Date of Birth 16 July 1963, New York City, New York, USA

Birth Name Phoebe Belle Cates










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Nurse_Corps

United States Army Nurse Corps

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Army Nurse Corps (AN or ANC) was formally established by the U.S. Congress in 1901. It is one of the six medical special branches (or "corps") of officers










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 02/21/07 8:24 AM
I probably had to for a long time eat raw animals I caught in the desert in 1986. I have been finding that disgusting for a while. I am not sure if that is why I have been feeling sick to my stomach this morning. I wonder if those memories plaqued me for a long time. If my symbolic "memories" are any guide, then it probably did. All in all, it sounds as though life was pretty good for me, even in the more complicated times, but there were just some experiences that I sure didn't want to remember, and that was probably my escape across Africa in 1986 and 1987. And this all has certainly been no picnic this past decade. Lousy psychopaths.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 02/21/07 8:28 AM
Can you even begin to imagine how disgusting it would have been for months to have to live off raw meat of animals you caught in the desert?

02/21/07 9:20 AM
This could have been really about the topic as described. It could also reflect that I had just become a POW in Libya and they had confirmed I had survived when my aircraft was hit.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 11/2/2006 1:08 PM
Those vague “memories” of people joking about the dead Challenger astronauts probably reflect the interrogation by the Libyans in 1986. The drugged me up to the point of hallucination, and then started to pretend they were Americans who then tormented me, trying to break my resistance. It is why I wrote in my journal a while back that I thought the Iranians had taken over the country. They were doing all this to me at Microsoft and then it was all around me everywhere I went.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 02/21/07 5:22 PM
Those Others out there. The aliens. They're not really aliens because I was acutally the alien but I can't think of what they are really called. But this all has been another test. It's why they blanked my memory. They wanted to test humanity without me remembering anything about them and.....something else. They wanted to minimize my participation in the test. They already know me and they wanted to test the rest of humanity. You failed the test.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 04/25/07 5:37 AM
It might be because I knew Phoebe Cates, but I can't remember.

04/25/07 5:40 AM
So it would follow that there is a 3-3-3 connection with Phoebe Cates and me.

04/25/07 5:44 AM
She was 3 years, 3 months, 30 days, old on 11/15/1966.

04/25/07 5:50 AM
Tracie Rhodes was also born on July 16th.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 04/29/07 5:18 PM
Why would "Superman Returns" point to Phoebe Cates and me after all this time if I wasn't still married to her?

I can understand there is some great tragedy to us being torn apart after Libya, but why would a 2006 movie point to us if we aren't married?

And why would I start noticing such details now - as I approach the one year point of the restoration of my memories?










Stargate Universe - Darkness - television series Season 1 Episode 4 - Friday 16 October 2009

(from internet transcript)


CONTROL ROOM. Rush is working on the console. Young limps into the room, still bracing himself heavily on his rifle.

Colonel YOUNG: Scott's checking out the shuttle, seeing if it's operational. Everyone else is holding the work until you give the green light.

Doctor RUSH: Thank you.

YOUNG: Look, I want you to know that I'm well aware that in the field of Ancient technology, you're pretty much - and any other subject I can think of - you're the best I've got.

(Rush snorts.)

YOUNG: But we can't be working at cross-purposes.

RUSH: All I ask is that you check with me before issuing orders.

YOUNG: Check with you? (He laughs.) No, see, you've got it backwards.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 10/17/07 7:15 PM
As I was trying to fall asleep, I had some vague thoughts, flashbacks perhaps, that could be from when the Libyans had me in a prison cell in 1986. Something about lights turning on and me trying to wake up or something like. I find myself thinking a lot along those lines but these were new details that briefly flashed in my mind.

The zombie lunatics sound like they are out in force outside my window tonight.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 10/24/07 5:47 AM
I had a dream with a short sequence in it where I was having trouble breathing. There was something about my throat closing up and I was going to pass out very quickly. I don't know if it was part of the dream or if it was something I was thinking of as I woke up briefly after that part of the dream, but thoughts were occurring to me that the problem was that I had been hit with some kind of chemical weapon. There is a chemical weapon that causes muscles to lock up but I can't remember off-hand which one it is. Then thoughts occurred to me that I was remembering when the Libyan's were strangling me with a rope around my neck until I passed out. I am convinced that actually happened to me in 1986.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 10/25/07 12:58 PM
Maybe it means I have to find the right detail she is associated with. I have found three others so far that she is very close to. I wish I could find something precise to her and 7/21/1987, relative to Phoebe.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 12/14/07 2:05 PM
When I was a POW in Libya in 1986, they didn't know who I was for a while.










from my private journal as Kerry Burgess: 09/27/07 10:47 PM


While I think that sequence represents 4/14/1986 and my escape from Libya, I don't think I saw the strike that day on the building I was in and probably only heard the jets, although I might not have even heard anything because of the explosion concussion. What I think is profound, I think, about that scene is that it reminds me of standing on the Sir Galahad in 1982 during the Falklands War and watching an Argentine bomber drop the bombs on that ship.

I also find myself thinking about how lonely I must have felt on 11/26/1976, thinking I would never leave that moon.










http://fanficflightdeck.space-readyroom.de/GenStories/transcript_nnm.html

SPACE:AAB FANFIC FLIGHTDECK


NEVER NO MORE ( Space: Above and Beyond television series episode )

Original Air Date: 4th February 1996


The Wild Cards fire on the alien fighter repeatedly with little effect.

HAWKES: The cannons ain't doing jack!

VANSEN: I can't shake him.

There's smoke in Vansen's cockpit. Oakes flies his Hammerhead straight into the alien craft and the two plummet toward the planet.

VANSEN: John ...

Cut to flight deck.

McQUEEN: (to Vansen) We have twenty S.A.R. teams already on planet.

Vansen climbs out of her cockpit and begins to head for the exit.

HAWKES: Shane, I saw a flash beneath the clouds. I bet he ejected his ...

Vansen keeps walking.

DAMPHOUSSE: They'll find him.

WEST: His Hammerhead didn't explode on contact with the Chig. I'm sure he made it.

Cut to the command centre.

MALE CREW MEMBER: Colonel McQueen, S.A.R. Ten reporting in, sir.

McQUEEN: Queen Six to S.A.R. Ten, what've you got.

MALE VOICE: Found him, sir.

Cut to the Tun Tavern. The 58th are sitting around a table with drinks. McQueen enters.

McQUEEN: S.A.R. teams have found no remains of Chiggy von Richthofen. He eluded the kill. ... He's still out there.

VANSEN: John?

McQueen puts an envelop on the table for Vansen. She stares at it. McQueen leaves the tavern.

WANG: Where are you going?

VANSEN: To fight the inevitable.










1987 film "Date with an Angel" DVD video:

01:14:58


Patty Winston: Have you seen this guy?










The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit (1956)

(from internet transcript)


Medic. I want you to take a look at this man. Quick!

Put him over there.

This man's dead, Captain.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie1.html

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)


Doctor McCOY: Well, Jim, I hear Chapel's an MD now. Well, I'm gonna need a top nurse, not a doctor who'll argue every little diagnosis with me.



- posted by Kerry Burgess 08:32 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 04 September 2018