Monday, August 20, 2007

Voyeurism.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:

August 5, 2006

There was that scene in "Pearl Harbor" from 2001 where he was shot down, rescued by a fishing boat, but wasn't able to make it back through enemy lines for several months.




I don't know if this means anything relevant to me, but as soon as I read it, I remembered that scene from "Pearl Harbor" where Affleck's character is picked up by the boat. I wonder ofter if these are real memories or just some form of imagination.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1987/051587c.htm

In recognition of all that recreational fishing and the commercial fishing industry do for America, the Congress, by Public Law 100 - 22, has designated the week of June 1 through June 7, 1987, as ``National Fishing Week'' and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in its observance.



I can't remember precisely where Kerry Burgess was in May 1987. I think I reported to the Wainwright in July 1987, but I may have been there in June 1987. I recall that I took 30 days of leave after leaving school in Dam Neck to go home to Hicks Road before I went to the Wainwright. But I don't remember anything about that. I'm not really sure if I went home again on leave after Micheal died on November 25, 1986, when I was home on leave. I may have gone straight from Dam Neck to the Wainwright without taking leave. But I don't know. I feel as though I went back to Arkansas, but I am surprised that I cannot remember it. This has been happening with other details though, as though Kerry Burgess is become less present in my mind. I've thought of it similar to that episode of TNG where Dr. Crusher is trapped in that experiment that Wesley created and people start disappearing around her.





I wonder if this is the guy that inspired Louis Gossett Jr's character in the 1986 "Iron Eagle." There is also a reference her in this May 10, 1987 article about how the General had once forced-landed behind enemy lines.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1987/051087a.htm

Remarks at the Dedication of Tuskegee University's General Daniel ``Chappie'' James Center in Alabama

May 10, 1987

The President. Thank you, Dr. Payton. It's an honor for me to dedicate this aerospace science and health education center to the memory of one of Tuskegee's finest and one of America's best, General Daniel ``Chappie'' James. Chappie James was a hero of three wars. He flew 101 combat missions in Korea, where at one point he force-landed behind enemy lines, and 78 combat missions over North Vietnam. Nearby, we can see -- and we just came by -- one of the jet planes that he flew in Vietnam.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eagle

Iron Eagle is a 1986 action film about a teenage boy named Doug Masters (Jason Gedrick) who steals an American F-16 fighter jet to rescue his father (Tim Thomerson), a prisoner of war being held in an unidentified rogue Middle Eastern country. The film also stars Academy Award winner Louis Gossett, Jr. as Col. Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair





The time between Operation El Dorado Canyon and the USS Stark strike is comparable to my time in Fire Controlman school.

I started school in Orlando, I think, in February 1986 and finished in Dam Neck, VA, sometime around July 1987. That has got to mean something.

Maybe this is it actually. The dates match with my memory of leaving the Taylor in Maine for BE/E in Orlando. I remember it was snowing when I left Portland and about 36 to 48 hours later, I was driving down the beach at Daytona, still wearing a plaid flannel shirt with thermal underwear while people were sunbathing in the warm sun. Those are some good memories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Attain_Document

Operation Attain Document was a series of Freedom of Navigation operations in the Gulf of Sidra by the US Navy in 1986. The First two (January 26-30 and 12-15 February) occurred without incident. Three carrier task forces of the Sixth Fleet with 225 aircraft assembled off the Libyan coast in March 1986.






Reading through this, it just reminded me that the Taylor was in drydock when I left that Feb. for Orlando. That seems important but I don't know why. I was watching the Challenger lift off live on tv and I remember lying there on the bed and thinking that something didn't look right about the way those solid-rocket boosters were flying away. Am I remembering to very big anti-aircraft missiles coming towards my aircraft?

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/20686a.htm

Last week, when the shuttle exploded, we hadn't, as a nation, had a tragedy like that that we actually witnessed it as it happened. And as I watched the coverage on television, I thought of a poem that came out of a war. And it became literally the creed of America's flyers all over the world. I quoted a line from that poem when I spoke on TV the night of the tragedy. That poem was written by a young man named [John G.] Magee. He was 19 years old, a volunteer in the Canadian Air Force. He was an American, but he'd gone there before our country was in the war. He was killed 4 days after Pearl Harbor, but he left something that does live on -- that poem. It says:

``Oh, I've slipped the surly bonds of earth and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling north of sun-split clouds and done a hundred things you have not dreamed of.

Wheeled and soared and swung high in the sunlit silence, hovering there I've chased the shouting wind along and flung my eager craft through footless halls of air -- up, up to the long, delirious burning blue I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace, where never lark or even eagle flew.

And while with silent lifting mind, I've trod the high untrespassed sanctity of space, put out my hand and touched the face of God.''




Here's something interesting I just stumbled across and need to pursue further. This fits in with my worry that I am stuck in this limbo because Microsoft has made up stuff that has affected decisions that affect my life without even knowing about it and is the basis for why I lost my private life.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/1999/06/17/cooked_ms_memo_could_gates/

MS lawyers caught filing made-up 'evidence'
By John Lettice
Published Thursday 17th June 1999 09:53 GMT

MS on Trial A highly dubious piece of spinning exposed yesterday could have several Microsoft executives, including Gates himself, and sundry hangers-on taking the rap for contempt of court. A memo from Bill Gates that was written specifically to be leaked via Associated Press had been presented to the court as important and confidential evidence by Microsoft's lawyers. Aside from the legal implications, the crassness and stupidity of the entire gambit is staggering. The original email fell into the clutches of AP last December, and as we said at the time, was an obvious put-up job. In the memo, Gates held forth loudly on the subject of how much the AOL-Netscape deal would hurt the DoJ's case against Microsoft. Last week Microsoft's lawyers tried to introduce the email as evidence, claiming they'd found it in AOL files marked "highly confidential." Anything's possible, of course, but as it had been plastered all over the newspapers six months ago its confidentiality was somewhat dubious. Note however how much this fits in with Microsoft's bizarre view of what is evidence and what is not.





August 6, 2006

I should have watched that video of him at the deposition. I think, though, that I wasn't supposed to, that it would cloud the issue of him trying to steal my identity. Bill Gates, just another dumb crook. Just another punk trying to steal identities.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/1998/11/22/gates_moans_to_press_about/

Gates moans to press about DoJ deposition tactics

What can we tell you? The man seems to have an interestingly weird perspective

By John Lettice
Published Sunday 22nd November 1998 17:54 GMT






August 21, 2006

There was also that scene in "Air America" where the crew chief falls out the back of the aircraft, but he had a tether line.

When did Nike start sponsoring Tiger Woods? I'll bet it was before I went to work at Microsoft. It seems as though Nike was among the first group of customers I was assigned to. I have been trying to remember all of them. There was Providence Health Care, Nike, Freightliner, ADP, and others I can't remember. I had also Novell for a while, but they didn't renew their contract and I didn't talk much to them.

According to this, Nike began sponsoring Tiger in 1996. I was assigned to that Nike contract in 1999.

There were others, but I can't remember them. It seems as though they were all in Portland, OR, but it may have been only the ones above and the others were somewhere else.

I remember always being under pressure to record as much detail as possible about all those companies network configurations and intellectual property. Management wanted us to put all those details on a website that anybody, as far I knew, could access. I knew that anybody in Premier, for example with their own customer that competed with my customer, could access any document I put on their. Security was a joke anyway. Plenty of people knew how much of a joke security was at Microsoft but everyone was too afraid of losing their job to do anything about it.





http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14451247/

The annual Star Trek convention

And spend they do. Admission for the entire weekend ranges from $300 to $1,000, or beam up for just one day for $35. For another $300 fans can have their likeness turned into a sculpture. And on sale at every convention: The coveted autograph.

Every one of the shows has been a gold mine for the star cluster of actors who’ve appeared in the series. Autographs at the convention are by appointment, and they don’t come cheap. A Starfleet Captain’s signature can fetch as much as $60 dollars. Stars know, it’s all part of the gig.

“This idea of merchandising and video games, it’s never ending. I will bet you that the business of Star Trek will be going on long after we have left”, said Avery Brooks, of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Commander Data, also known as Brent Spiner, agrees.

"It’s unbelievable, it’s a huge business. Look around, people are selling body parts. You can sell anything here and it’s enormous," said Spiner.

But it’s much more than a costume party for big companies like Google — a first time sponsor attracted to the techno-savvy fans.

"We’re always looking for ways to connect with people interested in technology, and so long-term we’re hoping these guys will spread the word for us," said Google product manager, Tom Stocky.







http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.44.115

RCW 9A.44.115

Voyeurism.

(c) "Place where he or she would have a reasonable expectation of privacy" means:

(i) A place where a reasonable person would believe that he or she could disrobe in privacy, without being concerned that his or her undressing was being photographed or filmed by another; or

(ii) A place where one may reasonably expect to be safe from casual or hostile intrusion or surveillance;

(d) "Surveillance" means secret observation of the activities of another person for the purpose of spying upon and invading the privacy of the person;

(e) "Views" means the intentional looking upon of another person for more than a brief period of time, in other than a casual or cursory manner, with the unaided eye or with a device designed or intended to improve visual acuity.

(2) A person commits the crime of voyeurism if, for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person, he or she knowingly views, photographs, or films:

(a) Another person without that person's knowledge and consent while the person being viewed, photographed, or filmed is in a place where he or she would have a reasonable expectation of privacy; or

(b) The intimate areas of another person without that person's knowledge and consent and under circumstances where the person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, whether in a public or private place.

(3) Voyeurism is a class C felony.