Monday, March 28, 2011

The crew is accustomed to following my orders.




1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Lily Sloane: You son of a bitch.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Starfleet USS Enterprise NCC 1701-E Commanding Officer: This really isn't the time.

Lily Sloane: Okay, I don't know jack about the 24th century but everybody out there thinks that staying here and fighting the Borg is suicide. They're just afraid to come in here and say it.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Starfleet USS Enterprise NCC 1701-E Commanding Officer: The crew is accustomed to following my orders.

Lily Sloane: They're probably accustomed to your orders making sense.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Starfleet USS Enterprise NCC 1701-E Commanding Officer: None of them understand the Borg as I do. No one does. No one can.

Lily Sloane: What is that supposed to mean?

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Starfleet USS Enterprise NCC 1701-E Commanding Officer: Six years ago, they assimilated me into their collective. I had their cybernetic devices implanted throughout my body. I was linked to the hive mind, every trace of my individuality erased. I was one of them. So you can imagine, my dear, I have a somewhat unique perspective on the Borg, and I know how to fight them. Now, if you will excuse me, I have work to do.

Lily Sloane: I am such an idiot. It's so simple. The Borg hurt you, and now you're going to hurt them back.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Starfleet USS Enterprise NCC 1701-E Commanding Officer: In my century, we don't succumb to revenge. We have a more evolved sensibility.