Monday, March 21, 2011

Dark Blue (2002)




This was better than I expected after a few hours ago, just before watching "Ghosts of Mars" on Comcast, I saw the listing for the 2003 film "Dark Blue" and watched it through to the ending.

The red head, consistent with thoughts I have had for several months or more or years before I just tonight watched this work, is a girlfriend of Tom Reagan from the 1960's who was later a girlfriend of the real Kerry Burgess, and that is beyond my direct memory but that persists in my knowledge, and that who is a pre-August 1993 girlfriend of Kerry Burgess.

I had never heard of the 2003 film "Dark Blue" until I saw it listed in the section of free movies on Comcast On Demand and so since Kurt Russell was a starring character and since I had never ever heard of that film I was expecting a low quality production. What I expected, a few hours ago before I started to watch the video on Comcast On Demand, was poor quality of production work similar to the Val Kilmer starring film of "Blind Horizon" which IMDb.com has a United States premiere of 16 March 2004, and of which I had also never heard of until fairly recently when I watched it on the free movies sections of Comcast On Demand cable television service.

The difference with Kurt Russell's "Dark Blue" and Val Kilmer's "Blind Horizon" is that the lead character, a veteran actor, Kurt Russell in that case, does not seem to be the deciding factor in the quality of the production. I do not think there is much difference in the quality of acting between Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer.

Acting is no easy business. Only the veteran actors such as Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer can make acting seem easy.

So there is a difference in the production quality of "Dark Blue" and "Blind Horizon."

I think of an 'influence.' A significant influence is that by the year 2003 my presence behind the enemy lines of the anti-American force Microsoft Corporation and their stooges that control the anti-democracy forces of Washington State was squarely in mind of Nazi anti-American leaders of Microsoft corporation and their stooge the anti-American puppet of insurrection that has always been George Walker Bush.

The 2003 film "Dark Blue" is a long duration work and the duration and the setting of Los Angeles makes me think of the last time I watched the television broadcast version of the 1995 film "Heat" of which I have absolutely no memory of ever seeing the theatre version of the 1995 film "Heat." As for "Dark Blue" I found myself wanting to soon again watch on television the Al Pacino "Heat" so I could compare the works but who knows when that will happen and I am not really certain if there is really a point to that. Only because Kurt Russell is the lead character of "Dark Blue" would I even make such consideration. I watched the cold blooded murders and that made me angry. I watched the corruption of the police officers and that made me feel a cold disbelief.

What really annoys me, as I was early on in the 2003 film, is the background of the Rodney King incident and I believe with certainty the only - the only single point - point of referencing the Rodney King incident is so that the date of March 3, 1991 is clearly established early in the video the 2003 film "Dark Blue." My conclusion is this work was created in an intent to convey the notion of 'the enemy of my enemy is my ally' in the sense that anyone who is a fugitive from United States of America federal justice, such as how any executive from Microsoft and Corbis corporation and George Bush and Barack Hussein Obama are active felon fugitives from United States of America federal justice, are allied in their cause of murdering any official of the United States Marshals Service.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


We do this short, simple, and clean.
Detective Keough...
if you had a little time machine...
and you could travel back to the day of the shooting...
to the afternoon that you killed Mr. Robertson...
I'd like to hear what you'd do differently.
I wouldn't do anything differently, sir.
He drew down on me. I did what I was trained to do.
If anything, sir, I should've acted quicker.
The last man Robertson pulled a gun on isn't with us anymore.
Thank you, Detective.
I think we've kept Detective Keough long enough.
Chief Barcomb, I have a few questions.
Fire away, Chief Holland.
I know it's been a long day...
and I know those chairs aren't well-padded...
so I promise to be quick.
You OK?
Three weeks in SIS...
and you've made your first kill.
Would you say you've proven yourself?
Respectfully, sir...
I think the shooting board has to decide that.
Do you think it could've been avoided?
No, sir, I don't.
It says here that you and your partner...
had Mr. Robertson bumper-locked...
for two days before the shooting.
Why didn't you bust him for the weapon?
Because we weren't sure he had the weapon.
The informant who told us is highly unreliable.
But you tailed him anyway for 680 man-hours.
He was on parole. You could've shaken him down...
but you let a two-time felon stroll around downtown L.A...
with a.357 Magnum stuck in his jeans.
Why? Why?
We didn't want to get him on a bullshit weapons charge.
Thank you, Chief Holland. We have to wrap it up.
Officer Garcia, will you bring Sergeant Perry in?
Sergeant Perry, we're not quite through beating up on you.
I have one final question before we adjourn.
Time machine, sir?
Yes, the time machine.
Chief, I'd get real proactive.
If I had a time machine...
I'd go back a decade and take out G-Bone--
his street name-- before he killed a man for $10.
The time machine doesn't go back that far.
It goes back one week...
to the day Detective Keough chose to use deadly force.
What would you change about that day only?
Nothing, sir. It was textbook.
The bullets were in the bad guys, not us.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279331/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Dark Blue (2002)

USA 21 February 2003










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279331/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Dark Blue (2002)


Jack Van Meter: Sail boats. I don't understand 'em. I prefer a big boat with a big motor on a big lake behind a big dam. How about you Arthur, are you a motor guy or a sail guy?

Arthur Holland: I don't like boats and I don't like you.










When was that Microsoft sent me down to Los Angeles for the Professional Developers Conference? Was that 2001 or 2002? I think 2001. I remember I was staying at a hotel in south central Los Angeles. I remember walking around at night in south Central Los Angeles. I think that was after I bought in Bellevue Washington that expensive big brown leather jacket I liked so much.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


One mistake means you're human.
Two mistakes means you're fired.
Holy shit. It's a royal visit.
Look what descended from the sixth floor.
-Hey, Jimmy. -Jack.
How are you holding up, son?
I'm good, sir.
You should've seen this kid. He was outstanding.
Ever thought about doing a tour with public affairs?
We could use a good-looking son of a bitch like you.
He's a good young cop, Jimmy, and he's mine.
Well, I tried.
The board voted.
In policy.
You're off the hook, kid.
-There you go. -Congratulations.
Have a cigar.
The report will be ready in the morning.
You guys can get back into the field.
So, the vote...
The vote was four to one.
What? Who the fuck pissed backwards--Holland?
Affirmatron.
I'd like to see his bald-headed black ass...
back in a radio car in South Central.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


Bobby's a fucking coward.
Bobby's not a coward.
He's not?
OK.
Chicken shit.
Let me tell you how that Robertson case really went down.
My gun's gotta cool, because I blasted that freak in Pacoima.
It's time Bobby gets tested.
We're out there in this alley waiting.
Robertson comes running out, smacks into Bobby.
They eyeball each other with their shit hanging out.
Robertson says, "Boo," Bobby drops his gun...
and Mandingo goes track star.
Bobby dropped his fucking gun.
I don't want to hear this.
No, listen, because this is good.
So, I reach down, I pick up Bobby's gun...
and I go, "Hey, yo, G-Dog!"
Or GQ, or whatever the fuck his name is.
He turns around and--Boom!
I split this guy's eyeballs. It was a lucky shot.
The point is, I let Bobby take the triggerman slot...
to save his ass from big-time embarrassment!
How do you like that for "cute"?










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


Sal, put the box down. This is not going to happen.
What is this?
I didn't think you'd be home till late.
I didn't want to see you like this.
Read it.
Eldon, don't do this.
You wrote it, but you can't read it?
Read it.
"Dear Eldon...
"you're probably wondering what's going on.
"Well, it's finally over.
"I found a place.
"I'm taking our son with me.
"This is a good thing.
"He's frightened of you, like I used to be.
"I know you can handle our leaving...
"because you really don't give a shit about us."
Honey, that is not--
"You care more about the people you hate.
"I guess you're still trying to be your father."
What?
"You'll find out anyway, so I'm telling you now.
"I met a man at the jail.
"But don't start beating up every deputy you see...










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


That's Eldon Perry III...
right there next to his mom.
He'll never be a cop. He hates cops.
I love him.
And I thank God that I was just too busy...
to pass on to him what my granddaddy...
passed on to my daddy and he passed on to me.
I was raised up to be a gunfighter.
I made a career of going after the most dangerous...
parasitic sons of bitches to walk this planet...
and I was happier than the devil in Hell.
I'd fabricate evidence to bring some asshole in...
or I'd lie on reports and to investigators...
and I'd sure as hell stretch the truth in court.
And if anybody would mess with us...
we just muscled them, right, Jack?
Or blackmail them.
What the hell? Everybody's got a secret.
It's a tough job, but I was a good soldier.
Yeah. Just taking orders...
from my commanding officer Jack Van Meter.
Whenever Jack said, "Eldon, do what you do"...
I carved "Case cleared" on a casket with my knife...
because I figured, "What the hell? Jack's God."
Sometimes, Jack, you work like God.
You work in some mysterious ways, man.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


What's the deal with this new girl, Bobby?
What are you talking about?
I am a detective. Give me some credit.
-What's her name? -Beth.
-What's she do? -I don't know.
She works in the building.
Bullshit. She's a cop.
I bet she's the only blue suiter...
who didn't drop her drawers when you flashed your shield...
and now you're intrigued.
I'm more than intrigued. Remember the stenographer?
Bobby, don't do that. You fucking idiot.
You'll regret that when you're my age.
I'm sure I will.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


I work in a jail. Do I have to listen to that at home?
OK, OK.
I'm sorry.
Aren't you going to ask how the shooting board went?
Aren't you going to at least ask me...
how the shooting board went?
I'm sorry, honey.
I have a hard time keeping track of all your shootings...
and investigations and interrogations and inquiries.
How did your shooting board go?
-ln policy. -Like it would be anything else.
What is this? I recognize this.
I've seen it before somewhere.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Armageddon (1998)


Chick: I never told anybody this before, but I hate flyin'. So it would be an awful shame to die now.

Rockhound: That's easy for you to say. I owe 100 grand to a fat-ass loan shark which I spent on a stripper named Molly Mounds.

Chick: Boy, that's bad.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_Blue.html

Dark Blue


So, you little sneak...
you're smitten with this broad with no last name...
and you're dumping stenographers.
But I don't know anything about her?
Sometimes you're clueless.
You'll make a great Pogue someday.
How about a fifth of scotch over here?
I admit it, Bobby.
I get played now and then because I'm trusting.
I like giving people the benefit of the doubt.
When my trust is abused...
it drives me out of my fucking mind.
Not as much as she's driving me out of my mind.
She's black, Eldon.
That's why I don't talk about her.
You be dating a sister.
I didn't know you were an ebony and ivory man.
I don't want to hear a bunch of black jokes.
Amigo, you think I care about...
the size, shape, color, or political party...
of some sweet thing you're rolling around with?
While you're thinking about pussy...
I'm talking about Henry Kim...
and his "struggling immigrant from South Central" tap dance.
He's a gangster.
Think it was a hit on his wife?
It wasn't a hit.
It would've been in and out, a couple of vics.
These guys lingered.
Back to robbery.
I bet this place moves five or six Gs of pussy weekdays...
and double that on weekends.
That's a lot of cash, Bobby.
Let's go fishing.
What do you want?
Half an hour ago, I wanted this drink...
now I want to fuck that girl.
Sorry, she can't do that.










http://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/baby-names/vietnamese.html

Names-- Their Meanings -- Origin

TRANG
decorated; honored
male
vietnamese


http://www.adoptvietnam.org/vietnamese/names-boys.htm

Vietnamese Names for Boys

Trang: decorated, honored










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279331/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Dark Blue (2002)


Det. Sgt. Eldon Perry Jr.: The choke hold saved lives, but, ah, nobody ever got elected saying that, I suppose.