Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nineteen Seventy Eight




1994 film "Stargate" Ultimate Edition DVD video:


Major General West: This is the information the probe sent back to us. Freeze and enhance. You can clearly see the Gate on the other side. Both Gates must have functioned as a doorway between our worlds.

Major General West's aide: These reading's tell us it's an atmospheric match. Barometric pressure, temperature, and most importantly, oxygen.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: These markings are different. They don't match the symbols on our Gate.

Major General West: That's why we may have to abort. This project is for naught without a reconnaissance mission.

Major General West's aide: Once on the other side we'd have to decipher the markings on their Gate and, in essence, dial home in order to bring the team back.

Major General West: Based on this new information, I don't see how we can do that.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, I can do that.

Major General West: Are you sure?

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Positive.

Colonel Jack O'Niel: He's full of shit.

Major General West: You're on the team.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Monday, August 14, 2006

After Kirk disappears from the Enterprise-B and is presumed dead, the timeline jumps ahead 78 years to the time of Captain Picard. '78' is a recurring theme in my memory and of the life I imagine of Thomas Ray. I believe he started the USNA in 1978.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 August 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal May 19, 2006


My memory, which I am growing increasingly certain is false beyond a certain date, reminds me of something my step-brother said to me back in 1985. I had bought a used pickup while home on leave and was driving it back to Charleston to return to my ship. He told me that while I was driving for so long, I would be making anagrams from the word on the hood ornament. The Ford pickup was, I believe, a 1978 model and the hood ornament had the word Explorer on it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 19 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/1994/Stargate/cap/en/25fps/a/00_16

Stargate


:16:43
And, uh,...

:16:47
..to find the destination within
any three-dimensional space,...

:16:52
..we need six points...

:16:57
..to determine an exact location.

:17:01
You said you needed seven points.