Friday, March 25, 2011

"an electrical disturbance" in York South Carolina




When I first started watching this just now, I remember again watching it about the time it premiered in the theatre. I had already seen it once when a group of my friends in Greenville South Carolina invited me to go to the theatre with them when they were going to see it the first time. I "remember" making a joke about how "this traffic sucks" and every one sitting around me in the quiet theatre was amused.

How could that be a real memory? At best, it must be a converted memory, much how the human at the beginning of the Jack London's "White Fang" imagines sitting there playing cards in the fort as he is dreaming and the wolves are trying to get him behind the fire.

I knew that group after I met Barbara when she lived next door to me in the apartment that I first moved to when I moved to Greenville South Carolina in early 1990 for my first job after the US Navy. I went to the theatre to watch the 1991 film "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" with her and her boyfriend Jim and some other people in that group I often went out with after work. Barbara worked for the school system in Greenville and her boyfriend, Jim, I should "remember" something about him telling me about what he did professionally but I never can recall a single detail that he might have told me. I can recall other people talking about his work but there was never anything specific. He was part of some group that worked with aircraft and possibly something at the regional Greenville airport which is near downtown and very close to where that apartment was I lived in before I moved a few miles aways in the suburb named Taylors. I recall some of his coworkers were with us sometimes and I recall one of them seemed to be a weather forecaster, which would make sense if they were involved in the aviation field.










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000336630000&sid=59337&sn=AMCHD&st=201103251700&cn=697

excite

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

697 AMCHD: Friday, March 25 5:00 PM

1991, R, ***1/2, 02:16, Color, English, United States,

Two cyborgs from the future battle over the life of a teen (Edward Furlong) who will someday lead humanity against the machines.

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong, Robert Patrick, Earl Boen, Joe Morton, S. Epatha Merkerson, Castulo Guerra, Danny Cooksey, Jeanette Goldstein, Xander Berkeley Director(s): James Cameron Producer(s): James Cameron Executive Producer(s): Mario Kassar, Gale Anne Hurd










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-217.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X17 - THE CAPTAIN'S HAND

Original Airdate (SciFi): 17/FEB/2006


Starbuck: Poor Lee, your life is so hard, isn't it?

Apollo: You mean, since I got shot.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)


The Terminator: I need your clothes, boots and your motorcycle.

Cigar Biker: You forgot to say please...