Monday, March 21, 2011

Ghosts of Mars (2001)




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/12/07 7:47 AM
I wrote earlier about how I met Rhonda Halffman shortly after starting at Microsoft and how the "Star Trek: Insurrection" started the same week I started at Microsoft. The interesting part was that Rhonda had a scar on her neck not unlike the "Data" character in that movie.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 January 2007 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 3:45 AM Saturday, December 16, 2006


I believe all that experience against the Soviets is why Grace Stahre wrote something to me about the Russian mafia finding me. There was Rhonda Halffman, who worked in the Premier Support for Developers that I would start working in after my first year, where my first year was with Premier Support For Enterprise. There were several of us new employees of Microsoft that went to the Microsoft office near Dallas, in Las Colinas, for indoctrination into Premier Support. She had already been working for the company but she was down there with us attending the class. What stands out in my memory is that she had a scar on her neck, which I didn't see again a few years later. I was puzzling over that when I remembered that in the movie "Star Trek: Insurrection," which premiered the same week I started at Microsoft, the "Data" character had a scar on his neck similar to hers because he had been shot with a "phaser." I was sitting in a conference room in our downtown Bellevue high-rise building one day with another co-worker and she made a comment about "taking me downtown" with them. I remember when that was because the Nisqually earthquake struck when we were sitting in that conference room. As I started thinking that I had been one of the pilots who flew a F-16 in Iraq to strike that under-construction nuclear reactor, I remembered that conversation and decided that was what she meant by going "downtown."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 December 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 6, 2006


I also remember Rhonda Halffman having that scar on her neck that seemed to disappear after a while.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 August 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/17/2006 11:08 AM


I find myself puzzling over that day that the Nisqually earthquake struck this region in the Pacific Northwest. I was sitting in a conference room in the Bellevue office building and Rhonda Halffman had said something before the earthquake hit about taking me “downtown” with them.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 October 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/01/08 10:50 PM
What was the name of that guy in my division as an ADC at Microsoft who was supposed to be a USN SEAL?

I can't remember if he told me he was a SEAL or if it was Rhonda Halfman telling me he was a SEAL. I think all he told me was that he was a Commander and then was assigned to work at the base in San Diego for a year.

I was thinking of that because he reminds me of a henchman of Micheal Ironside's character in "Total Recall."

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/01/08 10:54 PM
I remember hearing that he was a USN Commander because I remember wishing that I was a USN Commander.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 1 January 2008 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/07/08 10:14 PM
I was sitting in that conference room with Eric Hussey and Rhonda Halffman and she had just said something to me about "taking me downtown" and that seemed odd. I cannot remember when she said that and when the earthquake stuck but it must have been within a few minutes. I think we were waiting for some other people to join the meeting and we were the first and the only ones who were in there at the time of the earthquake.

I wondered several times if Rhonda Halffman was a meth addict.

The first time I met her, which was in Texas, she seemed to have a scar on the side of her neck not unlike "Data" from the "Star Trek: Insurrection" film that premiered when I first started working at Microsoft in December 1998. It would have been I think the next month when I met Rhonda on that business trip to Texas.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 7 October 2008 excerpt ends]










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Ghosts_Of_Mars.html

Ghosts Of Mars


I was aware of having...
thoughts...
or memories.
Like I'd been invaded by something...
and it was trying to take me over.
Something inside of me wouldn't let that other thing take over and I fought it.
I didn't know where I was at first, and then it hit me.
I was outside alone...
unarmed.
The back wall's been breached.
Don't worry. The back door's locked and secured.
Let me in.
It's me.
Shit! It's Melanie! Open the door!
Looks like her to me.
I haven't heard any of these things speaking English.
Come on, Williams. The tide's getting high out here.
Give me those keys.
Come on!
Is it you?
Yes.
It's me.
I had a glimpse of the Martians...
of their minds, of what they want.
They won't rest short of the destruction of any invading species.
As far as they're concerned, we are the invaders.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_of_Mars

Ghosts of Mars


Release date(s) August 24, 2001


John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars is a 2001 action film directed by John Carpenter.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Ghosts_Of_Mars.html

Ghosts Of Mars


We get more deputies.
You're deputized.
Consider this a martial law situation.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Ghosts_Of_Mars.html

Ghosts Of Mars


If we blew up the nuclear power station, what would happen?
I mean, there'd be a huge explosion, right?
No, not unless you retract the control rods and expose the core.
Then what?
Then you'd have a small atomic bomb going "boom."
How small?
I don't know. It'd blow out a radius of a mile, maybe two.
Would it kill them?
It would certainly destroy their human hosts, but as for them...
I don't know.
Jericho, can you get us in?
I can try.
The plan was simple.
Sergeant Jericho, the science officer and I jumped off the train...
and headed towards the powerplant.
The others stayed aboard the train as it backed into the station.
The idea was they provide cover...
and distract the Martians as we set the charges in the plant.
And they'd swing back, pick us up and we'd all get as far away...
from Shining Canyon as we could before the place blew.
Like I said, it was a simple plan.
The only problem was, it didn't work the way it was supposed to.
- How are you doing,Jericho? - I'm working on it.
Hurry up.
We've got to remove the waterjacket and destroy the containment shell.
Where do I put the dynamite?
Officer to the train, they've spotted us. Get your ass back here now.
Yeah?
Let's go.
We've got to get out of here fast.
The Doc says the blast radius could be up to two miles.
- What does that mean?