Saturday, March 26, 2011

Star Trek: First Refusal 2011




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_first_refusal

Right of first refusal

Right of first refusal (ROFR or RFR) is a contractual right that gives its holder the option to enter a business transaction with the owner of something, according to specified terms, before the owner is entitled to enter into that transaction with a third party. In brief, the right of first refusal is similar in concept to a call option.

An ROFR can cover almost any sort of asset, including real estate, personal property, a patent license, a screenplay, or an interest in a business. It might also cover business transactions that are not strictly assets, such as the right to enter a joint venture or distribution arrangement. In entertainment, a right of first refusal on a concept or a screenplay would give the holder the right to make that movie first. Only if the holder turns it down may the owner then shop it around to other parties.

Because an ROFR is a contract right, the holder's remedies for breach are typically limited to recovery of damages. In other words, if the owner sells the asset to a third party without offering the holder the opportunity to purchase it first, the holder can then sue the owner for damages but may have a difficult time obtaining a court order to stop or reverse the sale. However, in some cases the option becomes a property right that may be used to invalidate an improper sale.










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Star_Trek:_First_Contact/cap/en/25fps/a/00_16

Star Trek: First Contact


:16:02
Data, I need to know the exact date.

:16:05
April 4th, 2063.

:16:08
April 4th.
The day before First Contact.

:16:12
The missile complex must be
where Cochrane is building his ship.

:16:17
They came to stop First Contact.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 1:05 AM Wednesday, January 26, 2011


Time travel





The thought has occurred to me before, as it does now, that I am going to gain some kind of new type of perception that the method of time travel for me does not actually require a machine. Somehow I can invoke the process of time travel by using my mind.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 January 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
Didn't start feeling alert until 9 am. That's when I realized I had a doctor's appt at 10am and I didn't know where it was. They sent me a map with driving directions but I had no idea which bus got there. I could have found it in 2 minutes if I had an internet connection, but I did not.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 4 May 2006 excerpt ends]





1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: Only got an hour to go, Doc. How are you feeling?

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I got a four alarm hangover, either from the whisky or your laser beam, or both, but I'm ready to make history.

Starfleet Commander Deanna Troi: Troi to Commander Riker.

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: Riker here.

Starfleet Commander Deanna Troi: We're ready to open the launch door.

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: Go ahead.

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: Look at that.

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: What, you don't have a moon in the 24th century?

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: Sure we do. It just looks a lot different. There are fifty million people living on the Moon in my time. You can see Tycho City, New Berlin, even Lake Armstrong on a day like this.

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Uh huh.

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: And you know, Doctor -

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Please! Don't tell me it's all thanks to me. I've heard enough about the great Zefram Cochrane. I don't know who writes your history books or where you get your information from, but you people got some pretty funny ideas about me. You all look at me as if I'm some kind of a saint or visionary or something.

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: I don't think you're a saint, Doc, but you did have a vision. And now we're sitting in it.

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: You want to know what my vision is? Dollar signs. Money. I didn't build this ship to usher in a new era for humanity.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/1/2006 3:14 PM
May 4, 2005, was the day I went to the Kent Police department for help. I named George W. Bush specifically as one of the people harassing me. The policeman didn’t ask me any questions. He dumped me off at the St. Francis hospital in Federal Way where the first thing they did was secretly drug my food. I found it very hard to restrain the urge to laugh shortly after I had eaten. I wanted to leave the hospital and go back to my apartment the next day, the 5th, but they talked me out of it and I stayed there until the next day, the 6th. I didn’t know which bus would take me back to the Kent Police Department and I ended up having to walk a long ways. With a single red folder in hand, I walked all the way from the intersection of I-5 and Kent-Des Moines Road, taking a left on West Meeker Street, to the Kent Police Department where my Jeep was parked. I saw some chatter online after I got back to my apartment about how interesting it was that I wanted to leave on the 5th, which the date could have been written as 5-5-5. A few days after I got back to my apartment, I ran out of food and went for those 9 days without anything to eat. At the point of a one-way trip to a tall bridge, as a stroke of luck would have it, I discovered that the three hundred dollars in my checking account was then unfrozen and I ate that night. Maybe this happened before the starving period or after, I’m not certain. Actually it was at the end. After nine days, I was going to kill myself rather than stay there for another 30 days or so and starve to death. I had enough money to eat again for a while but I didn’t have enough money to pay the rent, so on May 31st, I moved out. I sleep in my Jeep for the next 14 days before I went into the Redmond Police Department, exhausted, and asked them for help because I had lived in that town before Kent and I had worked for Microsoft, which was based in that town. They didn’t ask me any questions and just dumped me off at the hospital.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 1 November 2006 excerpt ends]





1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I think I forgot something.

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: What?

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I don't know. It's probably nothing.

Starfleet Commander Deanna Troi: Begin ignition sequence. Twenty, nineteen -

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Oh, God! Now I remember!

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: What?

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Where is it?

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: What?

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: We can't lift off without it!

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: Geordi, we've got to abort!

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: No! No, wait, I've found it.

Starfleet Commander Deanna Troi: - twelve, eleven, ten, nine, eight -

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Let's rock and roll!





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 4 May 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 6:01:15 PM

Subject: Right


I wonder if this is where that guy painting the picture was standing?

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.47.619681_-122.348911


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 9 May 2006 excerpt ends]





http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=tc&cbll=47.619176,-122.348985&panoid=-lfueBIXwUv3LKH8_yDIyw&cbp=12,354.84278861856137,,2,3.587035306919222&ll=47.619407,-122.349037&spn=0,359.99794&z=20

156 4th Ave N, Seattle, WA, United States





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2006 excerpt ends]










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time ) is 2363 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:the birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA of the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess & my birthdate as legally bound ) To 4/22/1972 ( premiere United Kingdom TV series "New Scotland Yard"::series premiere episode "Point of Impact" ) is 2363 days



From 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) To 3/3/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future I arrived this date near the town of George in Washington State and the Ancient Lake and then as arranged earlier I resided in Bellevue Washington until my 9 May 2003 departure as a time traveler ) is 2296 days

2296 = 1148 + 1148

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:the birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA of the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess & my birthdate as legally bound ) To 12/24/1968 ( date hijacked from me:I was United States Apollo 8 spacecraft United States Navy astronaut in orbit of the Earth's moon as United States Navy Commander Thomas Reagan ) is 1148 days



From 12/25/1968 ( date hijacked from me:I was United States Apollo 8 spacecraft United States Navy astronaut in orbit of the Earth's moon as United States Navy Commander Thomas Reagan ) To 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 10190 days

10190 = 5095 + 5095

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 2/12/1973 ( the Operation Homecoming begins and as United States Navy Commander Thomas Reagan I was the lead United States C-141A pilot transporting home the American Prisoners of War ) is 5095 days



From 7/21/1979 ( date hijacked from me:my wife Phoebe and I are married ) to 11/18/1996 ( premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 6330 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/2/1976 ( date hijacked from me:I intercepted the Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it as Tom Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in my privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship ) is 6330 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)

USA 18 November 1996 (Hollywood, California) (premiere)










http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/premeditation

premeditation

the act of planning or plotting something in advance, especially an intentional crime










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1-01 - 33 (Pilot) 10/18/04


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-101.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X01 - 33

Original Airdate: January 14, 2005 (USA)


Galactica - Command

Duella: Radiological alarm!

Tigh: From where?

Duella: The Olympic Carrier, sir. They've got nukes onboard.

Adama: Madam President, we have to eliminate the Olympic Carrier immediately.

Roslin: There are 1,300 people on that ship.

Adama: We don't know that. The Cylons may have captured them already.





http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1-01 - 33 (Pilot) 10/18/04


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-101.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1X01 - 33

Original Airdate: January 14, 2005 (USA)


Colonial one

Roslin: Do it.

Vipers - Space

Boomer: we have new orders. We are directed to... destroy the Olympic Carrier and return to Galactica.

Starbuck: It's a civilian ship.

Crashdown: A civilian ship with nukes.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_propaganda

Nazi propaganda

Propaganda, the coordinated attempt to influence public opinion through the use of media, was skillfully used by the Nazi Party in the years leading up to and during Adolf Hitler's leadership of Germany (1933–1945). Nazi propaganda provided a crucial instrument for acquiring and maintaining power, and for the implementation of their policies, including the pursuit of total war and the extermination of millions of people in the Holocaust.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Back to the Future (1985)


[talking about the Time Machine]

Marty McFly: [looks through a camcorder] This is uh... This is heavy duty, Doc. This is great. Uh, does it run, like, on regular unleaded gasoline?

Dr. Emmett Brown: Unfortunately no, it requires something with a little more kick - plutonium.

Marty McFly: Uh, plutonium? Wait a minute. Are-

[lowers the camcorder]

Marty McFly: Are you telling me that this sucker is nuclear?

Dr. Emmett Brown: Hey, hey, hey. Keep rolling. Keep rolling, there.

[Marty raises the camcorder]

Dr. Emmett Brown: No, no, no, no, no. This sucker's electrical. But I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

Marty McFly: Doc, you don't just walk into a store and-and buy plutonium.