Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"And what we say is the truth is what everybody accepts."




http://www.bluetreenyc.com/about-us

Blue Tree


Phoebe Cates Kline opened Blue Tree in the fall of 2005! Phoebe's dream was "to have it be like a general store but according to me." :)A surprise around every turn, the shop has built up a loyal following not only in the neighborhood of Carnegie Hill but all over the world. Known for its eclectic and inspired selection of women's clothing and jewelry, Blue Tree also carries unique and carefully chosen items in home, gift, fragrance, music, delicacies, etc. There are no rules. And we are always re-inventing, recreating in the hopes of delighting.

Blue Tree In the Media

Here are some of the nice things the press, and the blogging community are saying about Blue Tree:










http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2011/11/phoebe-cates-ny-diet.html

GRUB STREET


The Grub Street Diet

Phoebe Cates Hits Sfoglia Twice in One Day, Closes Her Own Shop to Focus on Shackburgers

By Jenny Miller

November 11, 2011

9:00 a.m.

Though Phoebe Cates is probably best known for her roles in classic eighties movies like Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Gremlins, she's actually spent the last six years running the Blue Tree boutique on the Upper East Side, selling everything from dark chocolate to diamonds. The store isn't food specific, necessarily, but Cates admits that she has "so many customers that love food." As for her own taste in food, Cates tell us, "I'm pretty erratic when it comes to anything other than my coffee," though she says she cooks for her family husband Kevin Kline and their two children about three times a week. Of course, the Cates-Klines are also longtime regulars at a few UES restaurants, including Elio's, where Cates says servers know her family's orders by heart. "It's pretty neighborhoody up here," Cates says of the hood where she lives, works, and eats. Read about it for yourself in this week's Grub Street Diet.


Tuesday, November 8

Breakfast today? You guessed it. It was hot and a double. I added a little Coffee Mate (French vanilla).

I barely had time for a proper lunch since I was having a home-visit from our vet.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 3:27 AM Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2011/11/friends-one-with-ballroom-dancing-1997.html


Friends - The One With the Ballroom Dancing (1997)





I cannot recall ever actually watching any episode of the television series "Friends." Having just finished watching a four-episode broadcast on television this night, I think about that actress with the red-hair who is apparently "Joey's" new girlfriend. Her hairstyle reminds me a lot of a woman I had been working with for a while in Charlotte North Carolina during that time. Around the time of that episode, I think she would have been an employee of the company I was employed by and we both worked at the office building we had in Charlotte North Carolina. Before that, most of the time I worked with her, she worked for another company. I can recall her first name but I cannot recall if her first name started with the letter "C" or the letter "K."

I can remember that time because I remember that I was, for the first time ever in my life, fired from that company and I recall the date because they fired me just before Thanksgiving. I also recall how they refused to pay me for a $20,000 bonus I had already earned but that had been deferred and that was about the time they were supposed to pay me the bonus. So anyway, I remember how annoying that was and I remember I was living in Whitehall Estates apartments a few miles south of Charlotte. None of the customers I talked to agreed I should have been fired and they certainly had no reason to not pay that bonus they had agreed to pay me. I don't know if my old friend from the USS Wainwright was pissed off because he found out I am an active duty law enforcement officer of the United States Marshals Service or if he was more pissed off that his company was funded by severe racketeers. Maybe they have photos of him. His wife, recently married at the time, the elderly grandmother, called him "Rick" although we always called him a different form of his given name. She had to be at least thirty years older than him. But who cared? "Rick" was never known for his female companions. Or any kind of companion that I knew of. I never asked.

From that episode, I also think about that maintenance worker named "Treeger" which I thought was "Trigger" until I looked it up and the dialog about "Princess," "garbage chute" and "Is that prison lingo?" In "Treegor's" apartment there were a couple scenes where I saw a framed photo of a United States of America flag and then below that is what any reasonable person would construe as a framed medal that resembles the United States Navy Cross.










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP001151270083&sid=64591&sn=NIKPHD&st=201111072300&cn=679

excite


Friends (Repeat)

679 NIKPHD: Monday, November 7 11:00 PM

Sitcom

The One With the Ballroom Dancing

Joey intervenes when the superintendent, Mr. Treeger, moves to evict Rachel and Monica; Chandler tries to quit a health club.

Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer Executive Producer(s): Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman, David Crane

Original Air Date: Oct 16, 1997





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP001151270084&sid=64591&sn=NIKPHD&st=201111072330&cn=679

excite


Friends (Repeat)

679 NIKPHD: Monday, November 7 11:30 PM

Sitcom

The One With Joey's New Girlfriend

Chandler falls for a woman who is already involved with Joey; Rachel and Ross play the jealousy game.

Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer Executive Producer(s): Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman, David Crane

Original Air Date: Oct 30, 1997





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP001151270085&sid=64591&sn=NIKPHD&st=201111080000&cn=679

excite


Friends (Repeat)

679 NIKPHD: Tuesday, November 8 12:00 AM

Sitcom

The One With the Dirty Girl

Ross starts dating a beautiful but messy co-worker from the museum; Monica and Phoebe cater a sad event.

Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer Executive Producer(s): Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman, David Crane

Original Air Date: Nov 06, 1997





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP001151270086&sid=64591&sn=NIKPHD&st=201111080030&cn=679

excite


Friends (Repeat)

679 NIKPHD: Tuesday, November 8 12:30 AM

Sitcom

The One Where Chandler Crosses the Line

Chandler faces a tough choice after his passionate kiss with Joey's girlfriend; Rachel has to learn about dining alone.

Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer Executive Producer(s): Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman, David Crane

Original Air Date: Nov 13, 1997










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_-_4x04_-_The_One_With_the_Ballroom_Dancing.html


Friends - 4x04 - The One With the Ballroom Dancing


Hey, Mr. Treeger.
What are you doing?
I'm sorry.
It's a little old but...
You're clogging up the chute|I just unclogged.
I'm sorry.|I don't come in here a lot.
Of course not.|You're a little princess.
Daddy, buy me a pizza.
Daddy, buy me a candy factory.
Daddy, make the cast of "Cats"|sing "Happy Birthday" to me.
You think you can come here...
...make a mess and a big man|in coveralls will clean it up?
Think of someone else for a change.
Okay, I'm sorry.
God, if you're going to cry about it!










From 5/25/1977 ( premiere US film "Star Wars" ) To 10/16/1997 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with the Ballroom Dancing" ) is 7449 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/26/1986 ( Jessica McClure ) is 7449 days


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 November 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 39


“Now you’re a man who must appreciate the value of a good key,” the man said. The dark stone disappeared in his clenched fist and suddenly reappeared in his other hand, where it began to finger-walk again. “I’m sure you are. Because what a key is for is opening doors. Is there anything more important in life than opening doors, Lloyd?”

“Mister, I’m awfully hungry…”

“Sure you are,” the man said. An expression of concern spread over his face, an expression so magnified that it became grotesque. “Jesus Christ, a rat isn’t anything to eat! Why, do you know what I had for lunch? I had a nice rare roast beef sandwich on Vienna bread with a few onions and a lot of Gulden’s Spicy Brown. Sound good?”

Lloyd nodded his head, tears oozing slowly out of his overbright eyes.

“Had some homefries and chocolate milk to go with it, and then for dessert… holy crow, I’m torturing you, ain’t I? Someone ought to take a hosswhip to me, that’s what they ought to do. I’m sorry. I’ll let you right out and then we’ll go get something to eat, okay?”

Lloyd was too stunned to even nod. He had decided that the man with the key was indeed a devil, or even more likely a mirage, and the mirage would stand outside his cell until Lloyd finally dropped dead, talking happily about God and Jesus and Gulden’s Spicy Brown mustard as he made the strange black stone appear and disappear. But now the compassion on the man’s face seemed real enough, and he sounded genuinely disgusted with himself. The black stone disappeared into his clenched fist again. And when the fist opened, Lloyd’s wondering eyes beheld a flat silver key with an ornate grip lying on the stranger’s palm.

“My—dear—God! ” Lloyd croaked.

“You like that?” the dark man asked, pleased. “I learned that trick from a massage parlor honey in Secaucus, New Jersey, Lloyd. Secaucus, home of the world’s greatest pig farms.”

He bent and seated the key in the lock of Lloyd’s cell. And that was strange, because as well as his memory served him (which right now was not very well), these cells had no keyways, because they were all opened and shut electronically. But he had no doubt that the silver key would work.

Just as it rattled home, Flagg stopped and looked at Lloyd, grinning slyly, and Lloyd felt despair wash over him again. It was all just a trick.

“Did I introduce myself? The name is Flagg, with the double g. Pleased to meet you.”

“Likewise,” Lloyd croaked.

“And I think, before I open this cell and we go get some dinner, we ought to have a little understanding, Lloyd.”

“Sure thing,” Lloyd croaked, and began to cry again.

“I’m going to make you my righthand man, Lloyd. Going to put you right up there with Saint Peter. When I open this door, I’m going to slip the keys to the kingdom right into your hand. What a deal, right?”

“Yeah,” Lloyd whispered, growing frightened again. It was almost full dark now. Flagg was little more than a dark shape, but his eyes were still perfectly visible. They seemed to glow in the dark like the eyes of a lynx, one to the left of the bar that ended in the lockbox, one to the right. Lloyd felt terror, but something else as well: a kind of religious ecstasy. A pleasure. The pleasure of being chosen. The feeling that he had somehow won through… to something.

“You’d like to get even with the people who left you here, isn’t that right?”

“Boy, that sure is,” Lloyd said, forgetting his terror momentarily. It was swallowed up by a starving, sinewy anger.

“Not just those people, but everyone who would do a thing like that,” Flagg suggested. “It’s a type of person, isn’t it? To a certain type of person, a man like you is nothing but garbage. Because they are high up. They don’t think a person like you has a right to live.”

“That’s just right,” Lloyd said. His great hunger had suddenly been changed into a different kind of hunger. It had changed just as surely as the black stone had changed into the silver key. This man had expressed all the complex things he had felt in just a handful of sentences. It wasn’t just the gate-guard he wanted to get even with—why, here’s the wise-ass pusbag, what’s the story, pusbag, got anything smart to say? —because the gate-guard wasn’t the one. The gate-guard had had THE KEY, all right, but the gate-guard had not made THE KEY. Someone had given it to him. The warden, Lloyd supposed, but the warden hadn’t made THE KEY, either. Lloyd wanted to find the makers and forgers. They would be immune to the flu, and he had business with them. Oh yes, and it was good business.

“You know what the Bible says about people like that?” Flagg asked quietly. “It says the exalted shall be abased and the mighty shall be brought low and the stiffnecked shall be broken. And you know what it says about people like you, Lloyd? It says blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. And it says blessed are the poor in spirit, for they shall see God.”










http://www.cswap.com/1995/Twelve_Monkeys/cap/en/25fps/a/01_11


Twelve Monkeys


1:11:55
If you ask me, the monkey's gonna eat
that goddamn sandwich himself.










1995 film "Twelve Monkeys" DVD video:

00:16:52


Psychiatric ward guard: Hey, Goines! Yo, Goines! Yo, Jeffrey! Goines!

Jeffrey Goines: What?

Psychiatric ward guard: Look here. This here's James. Now, do me a favor. Why don't you show him around? Tell him the TV rules. Show him the games and stuff. Okay?

Jeffrey Goines: How much you going to pay me? How much? I'd be doing your job.

Psychiatric ward guard: Five thousand dollars, my man. That enough?

Jeffrey Goines: Five thousand?

Psychiatric ward guard: I'll wire a check to your account as usual.

Jeffrey Goines: Five thousand dollars! Five thousand dollars!

Psychiatric ward guard: Five thousand dollars.

Jeffrey Goines: I'll give him the deluxe mental hospital tour.

Psychiatric ward guard: My man!

Jeffrey Goines: Kid around, kid around, makes them feel good. We're pals.

Psychiatric ward guard: I love you.

Jeffrey Goines: You're the prisoners. No, you're the guards.

Psychiatric ward guard: Now you got it, now you got it.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 5:44 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 24 September 2014