Friday, September 26, 2014

"I'm standing right here."





























DSC05206.JPG










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie9.html

Star Trek: Insurrection


LAFORGE: I had to reconstruct Data's neural net and replace these. ...They contain memory engrams.

PICARD: How were damaged?

LAFORGE: By a Son'a weapon. There's no doubt about it, Captain. That's what caused Data to malfunction.

PICARD: But the Son'a report claimed they didn't fire until after he malfunctioned.

LAFORGE: Well, I don't believe it happened that way.

[Enterprise-E engineering]

PICARD: Why would they fire at him without provocation?

LAFORGE: All I know is he was functioning normally until he was shot. Then, his fail-safe system was activated.

PICARD: Fail-safe?

LAFORGE: His ethical and moral subroutines took over all of his basic functions.

PICARD: So what you're saying he still knew the difference between right and wrong.

LAFORGE: In a sense, that's all he knew. The system is designed to protect him against anyone who might try to take advantage of his memory loss.

PICARD: And yet he attacked us. And told the Ba'ku that we were a threat. ...Are the implants bothering you?

LAFORGE: No, I'm all right. I'm just tired.

(Geordi opens a panel to reveal Data standing in a restraint. He activates him)

DATA: Geordi? Captain?

PICARD: You're on the Enterprise, Data.

DATA: I seem to be missing several memory engrams. ...There they are.

PICARD: Data, what's the last thing that you remember?

DATA: 'his nose should pant and his lip should curl...'










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=extant-2014&episode=s01e07

Springfield! Springfield!


Extant

More in Heaven and Earth / Incursion


I'm sorry.
I didn't know he spoke Japanese.
Neither did I.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 07:38 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 26 September 2014