Saturday, July 14, 2007

Apollo 11

Stacy Graham was the name of that first girl I kissed, in the context of my artificial and symbolic memory. I have written about her before. I knew her when we lived at the U.S. Marines family housing on the McAlester, OK, military base. I can still visualize when she and I watched on television Evel Knievel attempt to jump over the Snake River. I can "remember" watching it and knowing he wasn't going to make it before the rocket cleared the rail. Another time, Stacy and I and some of the other kids had a bicycle race, which I won, and I can "remember" my bike sliding to a stop. Another time, another boy and I were looking for Stacy and her friends and we couldn't find them. For some strange reason, we got the idea we needed to rescue them from a creek that was off in the distance that I had never been to. So we were preparing to go rescue them and I had a water hose tied to my jeans in case we needed to throw them a rescue line. I had a hard time getting it untied later from my belt loops. We never did go out to the creek and I can't "remember" anything after that. Sometime later, after we had all moved away, Stacy's father brought her out to visit us and Thedia said something at some point that she might marry Stacy's father and I didn't like that because that would make Stacy my step-sister. They never did get married, though. After she left with her father from that visit, they came back to visit longer because Stacy was crying about having to leave. Stacy told me I had changed. She commented about how messy my room was. I have been thinking that room actually represents one time I was being held by the North Vietnamese as a POW. I might "remember" her there in the context of my artificial and symbolic memory because I am actually remembering a dream I had of her when I was a POW, which was probably in 1971.

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_1_results.jsp

ZIP Code™ Matches in GRAHAM, NC

27253

27 2 53 >>> 27 February 1953


From 2/27/1953 to 7/16/1963 is: 3791 days

This points to the day before Apollo 11 landed on the Moon.

From 3/3/1959 to 7/19/1969 is: 3791 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

Launch: July 16, 1969
Lunar landing: July 20, 1969
Landing: July 24, 1969

The Apollo 11 mission was the first manned mission to land on the Moon. It was the fifth human spaceflight of the Apollo programs, and the third human voyage to the moon. Launched on July 16, 1969, it carried Commander Neil Armstrong, Command Module Pilot Michael Collins and Lunar Module Pilot Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin. On July 20, Armstrong and Aldrin became the first humans to land on the Moon, while Collins orbited above.

The mission fulfilled President John F. Kennedy's goal of "landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the Earth by the time this decade is out," in other words by the end of the 1960s. Many consider the landing one of the defining moments of human history.




This must be why "Beverly Crusher" on "Star Trek: The Next Generation:"

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_3_results.jsp

Actual City name in 26253

BEVERLY, WV

26 2 53 >>> 26 February 1953

From 2/26/1953 to 7/16/1963 is: 3792 days
From 3/3/1959 to 7/20/1969 is: 3792 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Crusher

Doctor Beverly Crusher, played by actress Gates McFadden, was a character on the Star Trek: The Next Generation TV show and subsequent films. She was a regular character in the show for all but the second of its seven seasons.

During the character's absence in the second season, the character of Dr. Katherine Pulaski was added to the series.

Dr. Crusher was the Chief Medical Officer on board the USS Enterprise-D and its successor, the USS Enterprise-E. She initially held the rank of Lieutenant Commander until promoted in 2362 to the rank of Commander. She was the head of Starfleet Medical from 2365 to 2366.

Beverly Howard was born on October 13, 2324 to Paul and Isabel Howard in Copernicus City, Luna.

She married Jack Crusher in 2348 and gave birth to their son Wesley Crusher the following year. Jack Crusher proposed to Beverly Howard by giving her a book called How to Advance Your Career Through Marriage as a gag gift.