Friday, July 13, 2007

Nova

From 7/16/1963 to 12/23/1968 is: 1987 days

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_1_results.jsp

ZIP Code™ Matches in RADNOR, PA

19087




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villanova_University

Villanova University is a private university located in Radnor Township, a suburb northwest of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States. Founded in 1842 by the Augustinian monastic order, the university can trace its roots back to old Saint Augustine's Church in Philadelphia, which the Augustinians founded in 1796, and to its parish school, Saint Augustine's Academy, which was established in 1811. Villanova is the oldest and largest Catholic university in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. [1]

For more than a decade, Villanova University has been ranked #1 by U.S. News and World Report in the Best Universities-Masters category in the northern region. Villanova has a number of highly regarded academic programs, including an engineering school that is ranked #11 among undergraduate engineering programs whose highest degree is a masters by U.S. News and World Report. The School of Business was ranked #12 in the 2007 Business Week rankings of undergraduate business schools, [2] #87 in the 2006 U.S. News and World Report rankings of undergraduate business schools, and #29 in the Financial Times' ranking of top executive MBA programs. [3] Villanova University School of Law is ranked as a Top Law School by the 2008 edition of U.S. News & World Report's "Best Graduate Schools," placing 60th overall.[4]. In December 2006, PC Magazine and The Princeton Review ranked Villanova #1 in its review of top "wired colleges" in the United States. [5]

Villanova is home to a Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) program which has commissioned more U.S. Navy admirals and Marine Corps generals than any institution but the U.S. Naval Academy. [6] In 2004, the commanders of both U.S. Naval Forces Atlantic and U.S. Naval Forces Pacific were Villanova NROTC graduates.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/08/07 9:05 AM

And why do I have such a strong "memory" about Villanova winning the basketball championship in 1985? A very puzzling and curious "memory."

01/08/07 11:48 AM
Why do I "remember" this? I associate this event with being on the Taylor in 1985. I have what seems to be very good "memories" of this event. I have "memories" of committing this event to memory. Why would I do that? Why would I have such a "memory" associated with my "memories" of the USS Taylor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villanova_University

1985 National Champions

In 1985, under the direction of coach Rollie Massimino, the men's basketball team completed one of the most surprising runs in NCAA tournament history by winning the national championship in the first year of the 64-team field. The eighth-seeded Wildcats beat Dayton, then upset top-seeded Michigan, Maryland and second-seeded North Carolina to win the South regional en route to the Final Four in Lexington, Kentucky. After defeating 2-seed Memphis State in the national semifinals, Villanova met defending champion and ten-point-favorite Georgetown, led by Patrick Ewing, in the title game.



I recognize the date Monday, 6/7/1976, as when I landed on the Saturn moon Phoebe. This observation suggests to me that I was onboard Apollo 8 for the first orbit of the Earth's moon and that I noted it was still Monday in Hawaii when we entered the Moon's orbit. The last known lunar landing, with Apollo 17, was a Monday, and the day I recognize as landing on the Saturn moon Phoebe was a Monday. This observation suggests I created this comparison to connect those events with my wife, Phoebe.

December 23, 1968: Monday
December 11, 1972: Monday
June 7, 1976: Monday

From 7/16/1963 to 6/7/1976 is: 4710 days
From 6/7/1976 to 11/21/1983 is: 2723 days
4710 - 2723 = 1987
From 7/16/1963 to 12/23/1968 is: 1987 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_and_the_Ragged_Tiger

Seven and the Ragged Tiger is Duran Duran's third studio album, released globally in November, 1983. It would prove to be the last studio album for the band's original lineup until 2004's Astronaut.

Released 21 November 1983

Track listing

2. "New Moon On Monday" – 4:16




I calculated that Apollo 8 entered orbit of the Earth's moon on Monday, 12/23/1968, Hawaii time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

Apollo 8 was the second manned mission of the Apollo space program, in which Commander Frank Borman, Command Module Pilot James Lovell and Lunar Module Pilot William Anders became the first humans to orbit around the Moon.

Launch: December 21, 1968
Landing: December 27, 1968




The article indicates that Apollo 8 launched at 1251 UTC on 12/21/1968 and it looks like it entered orbit around 68 hours later, although I need to concentrate harder on that.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=103

Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.
Honolulu is capital of the state Hawaii
Honolulu is on the Oahu island
Current time Tuesday, June 5, 2007 at 10:23:53 PM
UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -10 hours
Current UTC (or GMT/Zulu)-time used: Wednesday, June 6, 2007 at 08:25:24
UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.


So it looks to me that Apollo 8 launched at 0251 Hawaii time on Saturday, 12/21/1968.

If it entered orbit 68 hours later then:

48 hours after launch would be 0251 on Monday, 12/23/1968.

20 hours after that, for a total of 68 hours, would be 2251, Monday, 12/23/1968.

So 58 minutes after that would be 2349, Monday, 12/23/1968, Hawaii-time, when Apollo 8 went behind the Moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

At 64 hours into the flight, the crew began to prepare for Lunar Orbit Insertion-1 (LOI-1). This maneuver had to be performed perfectly, and due to orbital mechanics had to be on the far side of the Moon, out of contact with the Earth. After Mission Control was polled for a Go/No Go decision, the crew was told at 68 hours, they were Go and "riding the best bird we can find". At 68 hours and 58 minutes, the spacecraft went behind the Moon and out of radio contact with the Earth.


http://www.onlineconversion.com/days_between_advanced.htm

First date and time 12/21/1968 02:51:00
Second date and time 12/23/1968 23:49:00


Result 2 days, 20 hours, 58 minutes

Or: 68 hours, 58 minutes




I wonder if this has something to do with why I "remember" Jim Croce:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Croce

Croce was born in South Philadelphia. He graduated from Upper Darby High School in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania in 1960 where in 1966, he was the first former student to be added to the Upper Darby High School's Wall of Fame. While attending Villanova University (1965 graduate), Croce was a student deejay at WXVU[1], became interested in becoming a professional musician, and met his future wife, Ingrid Jacobson, at a hootenanny at Convention Hall in Philadelphia, where he was a judge for a contest.



I can still visualize being there in that trailer in De Queen hearing Thedia listening to Jim Croce songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Don%27t_Mess_Around_With_Jim

Released May 1972

You Don't Mess Around with Jim is an album by American singer-songwriter Jim Croce, released in 1972 (See 1972 in music). The title track and "Time in a Bottle" are two of his most identifying songs.

"Operator (That's Not the Way It Feels)"



http://www.lyrics007.com/Jim%20Croce%20Lyrics/Operator%20Lyrics.html

Title: Jim Croce - Operator lyrics

Operator, oh could you help me place this call
You see the number on the matchbook is old and faded
She’s livin’ in l.a.
With my best old ex-friend ray
A guy she said she knew well and sometimes hated

Isn’t that the way they say it goes
But let’s forget all that
And give me the number if you can find it
So I can call just to tell them I’m fine and to show
I’ve overcome the blow
I’ve learned to take it well
I only wish my words could just convince myself
But that’s not the way it feels

Operator, oh could you help me place this call
’cause I can’t read the number that you just gave me
There’s something in my eye’s
You know it happens every time
I think about the love that i thought would save me

Isn’t that the way they say it goes
But let’s forget all that
And give me the number if you can find it
So I can call just to tell them I’m fine and to show
I’ve overcome the blow
I’ve learned to take it well
I only wish my words could just convince myself
That it just wasn’t real
But that’s not the way it feels

Operato,r oh let’s forget about this call
There’s no one there I really wanted to talk you
Thank you for your time
Oh you’ve been so much more than kind
And you can keep the dime

Isn’t that the way they say it goes
But let’s forget all that
And give me the number if you can find it
So I can call just to tell them I’m fine and to show
I’ve overcome the blow
I’ve learned to take it well
I only wish my words could just convince myself
That it just wasn’t real
But that’s not the way it feels




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operator_%28The_Matrix%29

The Operator on a Zion hovercraft is the online guide and resource crewmember for other crewmembers while they are jacked in (connected) to the Matrix, a virtual computer-generated world set in the end of the 20th Century. Each hovercraft has an Operator. The name of the job comes from a telephone operator, which allows the Operator to disguise himself from bluepills or Agents that accidentally call him (Operators invariably answer any call by saying "Operator.")