Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Morg"

I can't remember for certain where I trained for the Ironman Utah 2002 swim course. But I remember I was disappointed that the swim was canceled because I had put in something like 300 hours of swim time at the pool in training for that swim. And I certainly took no swimming lessons. I just jumped in the pool and started swimming. I have no conscious idea of when I actually learned to swim in reality.



I just read this. It reminds me of a dream where I wrote something about "putting our heads together."

http://www.iflypete.com/documents/slang.html

AVIATOR SLANG

Yes, military pilots really do talk this way! This is not an all-inclusive list of military acronyms, just the type of lingo you're apt to hear in the Ready-Room, on the flightline, or in the aircraft.

Bumping ~ ACM (Air Combat Maneuvering), also called "bumping heads".



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal 4/1/06

I wish I had written down these dreams shortly after I awoke. I don't remember as much detail now. But I think that illustrates how I am sensing the difference between these foreign or manipulated dreams and what would be normal dreams. I think the foreign dreams stay with me longer. I remember more of their detail. I can visualize the details in those dreams longer than I can the dreams I think of as normal. I still don't know if they are reading information to me or if they are simply reciting words that I construct into something that makes sense to me. When I had a recent dream with my so-called imaginary girlfriend the other day, I can still almost hear her voice. I don't know if that means she was literally talking while I was asleep, or that I just have heard her talking enough to be able to assign her voice to any suggestion that the dream manipulator attributes to her.

This morning I dreamed I was traveling down a four-lane road towards Shelton. I was on a bicycle but I was effortlessly traveling at 75 mph. I thought to myself that I should be wearing a helmet. Then I was on a dirt road. There was a turn I needed to make to go up to the mountains I wanted to go to, but I was traveling at 58 mph and wouldn't be able to make the turn so I kept going until I slowed down enough to turn. As I was just writing that, I remembered that time, 12/23/01, when I hit that patch of ice and separated my shoulder. In this dream today, there was still some ice and a little snow around, but it all seemed to be thawing, as in a spring thaw. The road was muddy. I vaguely remember some people or a person being around there but I can't remember any details.

In another dream, the day before, last night maybe when I took a nap, I was walking up some stairs. I seemed to be coming up from a subway tunnel. I was wearing a very realistic Batman costume. But I didn't have the cowl covering my head. The costume was heavy or I just felt tired. I walked past someone I knew. I said something to her that reminded me of something I said to someone in that restaurant in 1999 when someone asked me what I did in my personal time. There was someother stuff that happened in the dream. At one point, I responded to a question that had something to do with "vice president" by replying "Sure it is. I was vice president of the National Honor Society." I am not sure what that was supposed to mean. There was also something about "putting our heads together."




The release date listed for this album was 2 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, after 11/25/1986. It seems important that I had this CD in my collection of personal items after my real memory was suppressed. I don't think it is a coincidence. I remember I brought that CD in to work with me at Microsoft and had it sitting on my desk.

I remember that was around the time when Suzanne called me and wanted to know if I wanted to attend a Presentation Skills class at a Microsoft training facility. I remember that Wally Simpson, Technical Account Manager co-worker with the Music degree, was complaining because he had been higher on the waiting list than I was. I didn't overhear him saying that until after the class though so I went over there and I remember the instructor gave me a very good score, if not a perfect score, for the class.

That was all around the time Suzanne had asked me to pick up some CD-R's for her in Portland, Oregon, when I was down there on a business trip. The CD-R reminds me of the CDR abbreviation for U.S. Navy Commander. This was the same woman who was telling me something about how it was all right to have an affair with a married woman.

When I was sitting there in that bar in our office in historic Bellevue, Washington, in 1999, I told her I drove around in my blue Mazda RX-7 and solved crimes. Suzanne Morgan then looked across the table at Thomas Dawkins and asked him "What did he say?" and Thomas repeated what I had said. Later that evening, from my apartment at Oakwood, I wrote an email to Suzanne and commented that all the cigarette smoke in that bar had caused my face to turn red.

So anyway, after that first day of the Presentation Skills class, Suzanne invited me to a bar after work and I remember the Bonnie Raitt song "Let's Give Them Something To Talk About" was playing as Suzanne and I were sitting there in the bar. I thought about that the next day when I saw the "Nick Of Time" CD sitting on my desk at work, although that particular song released in a 1991 album, according to information on the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_of_Time_%28album%29

Nick of Time is a blues rock album by Bonnie Raitt, released on March 21, 1989 (see 1989 in music). Raitt had been languishing in cult stardom for some time, then endured a period of poor critical reception before recording Nick of Time as a comeback with producer Don Was, best known for Was (Not Was) and The B-52's' Cosmic Thing.




From 7/16/1963 to 6/25/1991 is: 335 months, 9 days

33-59

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luck_of_the_Draw_%28album%29

Released June 25, 1991

Luck of the Draw is the eleventh album by Bonnie Raitt, released in 1991 (see 1991 in music). After being nominated for Grammy awards in four different categories for the album Nick of Time, Raitt went for a creative retreat in Northern California to begin work on Luck of the Draw. "I did it on purpose to see if I could come up with anything," Raitt said in 1991. "In case I won, I wanted to make sure that I had done some writing and didn't feel that Nick of Time was a fluke. I didn't want to win just 'cause I quit drinking and spent twenty years not making any money, you know? There wasn't enough. So I basically forced myself to go to songwriting boot camp. There were three of four days when it didn't happen — but because I didn't have alcohol or unhappiness or anything to get in the way, it started to open up and I started three of the four songs of mine that are on this album. And then it didn't matter if I won or not, because I had proved to myself that it was okay."

The album surpassed Nick of Time's commercial success, selling 7 million copies and spawning a number of hit singles. Critics were also unanimous in their praise, with some hailing Luck of the Draw as her finest album.

Track listing

"Something to Talk About" (Eikhard) – 3:47
"Good Man, Good Woman" (Womack, Womack) – 3:33
"I Can't Make You Love Me" (Reid, Shamblin) – 5:33
"Tangled and Dark" (Raitt) – 4:52
"Come to Me" (Raitt) – 4:20
"No Business" (Hiatt) – 4:24
"One Part Be My Lover" (O'Keefe, Raitt) – 5:06
"Not the Only One" (Brady) – 5:03
"Papa Come Quick (Jody and Chico)" (Hirsch, Taylor, Vera) – 2:43
"Slow Ride" (Hayes, McNally, Pessis) – 3:59
"Luck of the Draw" (Brady) – 5:17
"All at Once" (Raitt) – 5:03



Is she making the signal in that photo from "Princess Caraboo" that the catapult launcher is properly connected to the aircraft? I don't know. That particular signal may just be a thumbs-up from a certain person on the flight deck. At first, I was thinking it was a hand signal about how the port aileron was all right, but then I wondered why I would have her, assuming this was my work, make such a routine gesture. It seems I would have her make something more interesting, such as the "feet wet" symbolism I wrote about from "Fast Times At Ridgemont High." I think this is an aircraft carrier-related hand signal but I can't remember yet what it means. I guess it could be the hand signal for "I miss my wife beyond tolerance" because that it sure how it makes me feel, although everything she does makes me feel that way, actually.

I don't see that configuration in a list for ASL.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_language

I have have thinking a lot that this is an aircraft carrier-related hand signal, though. Or I just really miss my wife. It is the definition of irony that we have had to live apart all these years. All I did was save the lives of a few people.
























http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/princess_caraboo/caraboo01.jpg.html


The date 7/21/1969 is when Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first walked on the Earth's moon.

From 7/16/1963 to 9/16/1994 is: 11385 days
From 3/3/1959 to 7/21/1969 is: 3793 days
3793 / 11385 = 0.333

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Caraboo_%28film%29

Release date(s) September 16, 1994 (USA)

Princess Caraboo is a 1994 film, directed by Michael Austin, based on the real-life 19th-century character Princess Caraboo, who passed herself off in British society as an exotic princess who spoke a strange foreign language. She is played in the film by Phoebe Cates. The film was written by Michael Austin and John Wells The original music score was composed by Richard Hartley.

Tagline: She was everything they dreamed of... and nothing they expected.



http://www.navybuddies.com/cvn/catcom.htm

Working on the Flight Deck

According to Lloyds in London, working on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. On the flight deck it is loud, crowded and the whole atmosphere is often referred to as 'controlled chaos': Jets are catapulted into the air while others are landing, bombs and missiles are transported from the 'bomb farm' to parking aircraft while other planes are taxiing to the catapults or to their parking locations. Even a little mistake can result in an accident: One can be blown off the deck or be sucked into one of the planes' engines. Dangers are everywhere on the flight deck and that is why the people who are working there have to be in perfect physical and mental condition.

For someone who is not used to this business it is just overwhelming because it is hard to imagine that there is a well thought-out system behind all deck operations. Due to the noise created by jet engines and rotors the communication among the people of the flight deck crew is mostly done through hand signals. These hand signals make up a unique sign language that can basically be seen as the 'language of the flight deck'.

Below, there is a table that contains the most common signals used by the Catapult and Plane Handling Officers.





From 5/1/1967 to 5/10/1972 is: 5 years, 9 days

'59'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10_Thunderbolt_II

Maiden flight 10 May 1972

The Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is a single-seat, twin-engine jet aircraft designed to provide air interdiction and close air support (CAS) of ground forces by attacking tanks, armored vehicles, and other ground targets. As a secondary mission, it provides airborne forward air control, guiding other aircraft against ground targets. It is the first US Air Force aircraft designed exclusively for CAS. The official nickname comes from the P-47 Thunderbolt of World War II, a plane that was particularly effective at the CAS mission. However, the A-10 is more commonly known as Warthog or simply Hog. In the USAF inventory, the same airframe is also designated OA-10 when used primarily in a forward air control role.