Monday, July 30, 2007

"It must be hard being brothers "

From: Kerry Burgess
04/21/2006 01:06 PM
To:
---@paramount.com
Subject: Samuel B. Roberts

Hello Rudy,
Are you a former photographer in the U.S. Navy? I found some Navy photos that had your name on them and I was wondering if you took them.

---@paramount.com wrote:
Hi Kerry, Yes that's me. Where did you find the photos?
----- Replied by Rudy Pahoyo on 4/21/2006 3:32:19 PM

From: Kerry Burgess
04/21/2006 04:40 PM
To:
---@paramount.com
Subject: Re: Samuel B. Roberts

Hey Rudy,
I found several credited to you on this website:
http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/

The one that caught my attention is listed below, along with the caption on the photo. Can you confirm that the cruiser in the background is actually the Jouett?. I magnified the image and I am quite certain the number on the hull is a '28' and not a '29.' There is a little shadow on the second number that indicates to me that it has the closed lower loop of an eight and a nine wouldn't have that shadow. Or more properly, it is the painted on shadow that produces the effect of raised numbers. I was on the Wainwright during the 1988 Persian Gulf deployment as an FC2 and I thought this might be a good artifact to add to the Wainwright Veteran Association.

http://www.usswainwright.org

http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/1993/Navy/DN-SN-93-01438.JPEG

ID: DNSN9301438

Fireman James Seward sleeps on the forecastle of the guided missile frigate SAMUEL B. Roberts (FFG-58). Some of the crew are sleeping on the deck because of hull damage sustained when the ship struck a mine on April 14, 1988. The guided missile cruiser USS JOUETT (CG-29) is in the background.

Camera Operator: PH2 RUDY D. PAHOYO

Date Shot: 16 Apr 1988

---@paramount.com wrote:
Hi Kerry, I was out of the office the last three days. Yes, The hull number looks like a "28". I don't remember the USS JOUETT around when I was onboard the Roberts. I spent 18 hours onboard the Samuel B. Roberts photographing the damage and video taping interviews and I was trying to catch a ride on any ship in the area going back to Bahrain. I did hear the The USS Wainwright was in the area but not going my way.


That photo was taken the morning after and I was burning off the last shots in the camera before a helicopter flight out.


Thanks for the information. Rudy

----- Replied by Rudy Pahoyo on 4/27/2006 10:01:55 AM

From: Kerry Burgess
04/28/2006 12:59 PM
To:
---@paramount.com
Subject: Re: Samuel B. Roberts

Thanks for the info Rudy. Yeah, it was one hell of a ride on the Wainwright after that. We had stopped in Bahrain earlier, but we didn't touch ground again until a liberty port on our way back to Charleston. We stopped at Palma Mallorca and it was quite the extreme, going from Bahrain to the topless beaches of Palma. I was certainly also glad to see Charleston again. I saw your name on the credits for that Clooney vampire flick from a few years ago. Sounds like you've done pretty well for yourself. Going from a photographer to, I assume from your email address, to working for Paramount Studios. That's a pretty good recruiting story for the Navy. Take care, Kerry

---@paramount.com wrote:
If you ever have family or friends in Los Angeles I can set up a free tour of the studio. My number here at the Camera Dept. is (nnn) nnn-nnnn. There's a handful of prior military people in the movie business and we seem to stick together.

Talk to you later.

----- Replied by Rudy Pahoyo on 4/28/2006 1:34:47 PM





I recognize the date 7/2/1976 as when I arrived at the comet and set to work at diverting it from striking the Earth.

From 7/2/1976 to 4/12/1979 is: 33 months, 10 days
10 / 30 = 0.333
From 7/2/1976 to 4/12/1979 is: 33.333 months

3-3-3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079501/

Mad Max (1979)

Release Date: 12 April 1979 (Australia)



From 4/14/1977 to 5/9/1980 is: 3 years, 3 weeks, 4 days

3-3-4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079501/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Mad Max (1979)

USA 9 May 1980 (Los Angeles, California)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075281/

"The Sullivans" (1976)
TV-Series 1976-1983

Release Date: 15 November 1976 (Australia)

User Comments: How an Australian family might've lived during World War II

Mel Gibson ... Ray Henderson


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_brothers

The Sullivan brothers were five siblings who all died during the same incident in World War II, the sinking of the light cruiser USS Juneau (CL-52), the vessel on which they all served.

The Navy named two destroyers The Sullivans to honor the brothers: The Sullivans (DDG-68) and The Sullivans (DD-537). These were the first American navy ships ever to be named after more than one person. The motto for both ships was the very motto of the Sullivan brothers, "We stick together."


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lofton_Henderson

Lofton R. Henderson (b. 24 May 1903, Lorain, Ohio – 4 June 1942) was a naval aviator in the United States Marine Corps during World War II. He was the commanding officer of VMSB-241 at the Battle of Midway and is recognized as the first Marine aviator to die during that battle while leading his squadron to attack the Japanese carrier forces.

Navy Cross citation

The Navy Cross is presented to Lofton R. Henderson, Major, U.S. Marine Corps, for extraordinary heroism as Squadron Commander of Marine Scout-Bombing Squadron TWO HUNDRED FORTY-ONE (VMSB- 241), during action against enemy Japanese forces in the Battle of Midway on June 4, 1942. With utter disregard for his own personal safety, Major Henderson, with keen judgment and courageous aggressiveness in the face of strong enemy fighter opposition, led his squadron in an attack which contributed materially to the defeat of the enemy. He was subsequently reported as missing it action. It is believed he gallantly gave up his life in the service of his country.



From 6/4/1975 to 7/1/1977 is: 758 days
758 / 2 = 379
From 6/4/1975 to 6/17/1976 is: 379 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000239/

Liv Tyler
Date of Birth: 1 July 1977
Armageddon (1998/I) .... Grace Stamper


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001401/

Angelina Jolie
Date of Birth: 4 June 1975


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074899/

Midway (1976)

Release Date: 18 June 1976 (USA)


Hurricane Gracie was a 1959 Atlantic hurricane. "Grace" was the name of "Harry S. Stamper's" daughter in "Armageddon." He also refers to her as "Gracie" in the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gracie

Hurricane Gracie was a major hurricane that formed in September 1959, the strongest during the 1959 Atlantic hurricane season. Gracie was a storm that was very difficult to forecast, with its movement unpredictable.



http://www.navysite.de/cvn/cv41.htm

USS Midway (CV 41)

Commissioned: September 10, 1945
Decommissioned: April 11, 1992


http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/tourists/gun_salutes.cfm

Royal Gun Salutes mark special royal occasions. On these days salutes are fired from locations in London and other authorised stations in the United Kingdom and the Union flag is hoisted on government buildings.

In London, salutes are fired in Hyde Park and at The Tower of London however, on State Visits, at the State Opening of Parliament and for The Queen's Birthday Parade, Green Park is used instead of Hyde Park.

The number of rounds fired in a Royal Gun Salute depends on the place and occasion. The basic salute is 21 rounds. In Hyde Park and Green Park an extra 20 rounds are added because they are a Royal Park.

Royal Gun Salutes in Hyde Park:

Salutes are fired by the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery (41 Gun Royal Salute) in Hyde Park at 12.00 noon. They occur on the following Royal anniversaries, however gun salutes are not fired on Sundays, so if the date falls on a Sunday, the salute will take place the next day.

6 February - Accession Day, celebrating Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne
21 April - Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen
2 June - Coronation Day , celebrating Queen Elizabeth II's coronation


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0463809/

Christina Kokubo
Date of Birth: 27 July 1950
Midway (1976) .... Miss Haruko Sakura



From 7/27/1950 to 7/16/1963 is: 4737 days
From 7/16/1963 to 7/4/1976 is: 4737 days



The duration of the first flight of the U.S. space shuttle was 4/12/1981 to 4/14/1981.

From 4/14/1981 to 8/7/1981 is: 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days

3-3-3

From 4/14/1981 to 8/28/1981 is: 4 months, 14 days

4-14

From 4/13/1981 to 12/10/1981 is: 3 days, 34 weeks

3-3-4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082432/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Gallipoli (1981)

Australia 7 August 1981 (Sydney) (premiere)
USA 28 August 1981
UK 10 December 1981




I assume that Lieutenant j.g. is there because he resembled me somewhat, at least from that angle. I guess I wore a moustache back then. In my artificial and symbolic memory, I "remember" that I had a moustache ever since leaving home and going into the Navy. I don't know if that means I did or did not have a moustache in reality. I can "remember" kissing a girlfriend who must not have liked it because she said something about how she was kissing my moustache. I wonder if that is actually some kind of symbolic and artificial memory about how actors and actresses kiss in movies, in that they don't really, at least not usually, kiss each other on the mouth. I have noticed that lately in some navy.mil photos. For some reason, I felt compelled to shave off my moustache after I completed my official United States federal undercover assignment at Microsoft Corporation. I also do not know if that means I usually wear a moustache or do not wear a moustache. I have artificial and symbolic memories of my younger sister telling me one time in 1995, which was the one time I had stopped wearing a moustache since 1984, in the context of my artificial and symbolic memory, that I should grow back my moustache. I also cannot tell from that artificial and symbolic memory whether I normally wear a moustache. I have been thinking I will wait to find out if my wife wants me to wear a moustache when I am allowed to return home from this official United States government assignment of prosecuting the insurrection against the United States of America.

That officer appears to be U.S. Coast Guard, judging by that shield crest on his shoulder boards. The U.S.C.G. has very similar uniforms to the U.S. Navy, except that they use that shield instead of the star for a U.S. Navy line officer. I would graduated from the U.S. Navy Academy a few months earlier and I was probably a Lt. j.g. by that time or would be before the end of the year.

From 11/26/1976 to 7/19/1982 is: 5 years, 33 weeks, 4 days

5-334

























C9186-21, President Reagan shaking hands with Arthur Ashe at a White House Blue Room event for the U.S. Davis Cup tennis team. 7/19/82.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c9186-21.jpg




The caption on this next photo says that the officer is a senior Midshipman but I'm not sure about that. At first glance, I would say he has already been commissioned as a U.S. Navy Ensign, judging by the shoulderboards. There is a Midshipman Ensign though, that I found on the internet, that has a similar shoulderboard. The Midshipman also wear shoulders boards, but the non-Brigade Midshipman officer, if I am using the correct terminology, wears a shoulderboard that has a narrower stripe and is easily distinquished from the commissioned officer rank of Ensign. The telling feature may be that the officer appears to have a moustache and I doubt any grade of Midshipman could wear facial hair while attending the U.S. Naval Academy. I also am quite certain that is a photo of me after I had graduated with the Class of 1982 and was commissioned as a U.S. Navy Ensign.

As I look at the image of the Midshipman insignia, it could be that the Midshipman Ensign has the same narrow gold stripe on the shoulderboard as the Midshipman 1/C. The only difference may be that the Midshipman Ensign has the star on the shoulderboard while the Midshipman 1/C has the fouled anchor. If that is all true, then the Midshipman Ensign shoulderboard would be easily distinquishable from the U.S. Navy Ensign shoulderboard and the officer in this photo would obviously be a commissioned officer. And if that is me, I wonder if the date stamp is correct. The Falklands War would have been over by then but I wonder if I was in Lebanon at that time.

And every time I look at that U.S. Navy Ensign standing as he is and how I think he is me, I think I am standing like Jim Morrison of The Doors would pose in a photo. Every time I look at that photo, I think that.

I also think of how my step-sister, Deana, asked me if she could have a football jersey I wore my first year on the De Queen football team. That jersey looked just like those shirts the Plebes are wearing, except that my jersey and the number 62 in the standard location for football jerseys and did not have that U.S. Naval Academy crest on it. I found a photo of Phoebe where she seems to be recording a song and she is also wearing a shirt like those Plebe shirt, except that hers doesn't have the crest on it either, which of course, could have been edited from the photo. I am quite certain that my step-sister, Deana, is a stand-in in my artificial and symbolic memory for Phoebe. It is from when Phoebe and I were friends long before we started dating. The photos of Phoebe from the early 80's resemble Deana. She would be my step-sister, in the context of my artificial and symbolic memory, because the Apollo and Phoebe figures from mythology were brother and sister. I can't "remember" how my step-sister looks though. I just have some kind of unexplained sense that is the reason for that artificial and symbolic memory.
















http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/Still/1986/Navy/DN-ST-86-02890.JPEG

ID: DN-ST-86-02890

Service Depicted: Navy

Plebes of the class of 1986 listen to instructions from a senior midshipman at the US Naval Academy.

ANNAPOLIS, MARYLAND (MD) UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
Date Shot: 1 Jul 1982






















http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/USN_Midshipman_Insignia.png


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midshipman

In the United States Navy a Midshipman is for all intents and purposes an officer cadet, although the rank of Midshipman is still an appointed line officer rank in the Navy, similar to the Royal Navy. The rank of Midshipman is utilized by the U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, and Naval ROTC. Midshipmen wear uniforms similar to those of U.S. Navy officers, with rank insignia which varies by school year. A Freshman (Midshipman Fourth Class or "Plebe") wears no collar insignia, a Sophomore (Midshipman Third Class or "Youngster") wears a single fouled anchor on the right collar point, a Junior (Midshipman Second Class) fouled anchors on each collar point, and a Senior (Midshipman First Class or "Firstie") wears fouled anchors with perched eagles, or a Midshipman officer rank. Marine Corps options wear enlisted Eagle, Globe, and Anchors in place of the anchors or crows. Shoulder boards have a gold anchor (or Marine Option EGA), and stripes, slanted or horizontal, indicating rank, except for Midshipman officers, whose shoulder boards have a small gold star and horizontal stripes indicating their rank. Midshipman officer ranks are those of the U.S. Navy, but the collar insignia are gold bars, for the ranks of Midshipman Ensign (one bar or stripe) to Midshipman Captain (six bars or stripes) in the Brigade of Midshipmen at the U.S. Naval Academy and in Naval ROTC, with the second highest Midshipman grade being Midshipman Commander, which is the highest rank at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy. A Naval Academy Midshipman receives about $850 a month for expenses, but it is usually greatly reduced by books, barber, and uniform bills. NROTC Midshipmen receive a $250 to $400 monthly stipend if they are on scholarship or advanced standing after their sophomore year. All NROTC Midshipmen are issued uniforms, typically service dress blues, service khakis, summer whites and dress whites. Some NROTC units may issue camouflauge utility uniforms to the majority of students, but all NROTC Marine Option Midshipmen and Naval Academy Midshipmen receive them.














http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensign_%28rank%29

In the United States Navy, the rank of "Ensign" superseded in 1862 that of "Passed Midshipman". Ensign is the most junior commissioned officer in the United States Navy, the United States Coast Guard, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps and the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps ranking below Lieutenant Junior Grade. It is also equivalent to a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army, United States Marine Corps and the United States Air Force. A typical Ensign is at specialty training for up to two years after receipt of the commission, depending on specialty, and after that is a division officer, leading a group of petty officers and enlisted personnel in a division. Even this billet, however, is for training purposes, as the division officer's duties and responsibilities are specifically designed to familiarize the "Div-O" with the appropriate naval systems, programs, and polices. U.S. Navy and Coast Guard Ensigns wear a collar insignia of a single gold bar, hence their nickname of "butterbars" (shared with Army, Air Force and Marine 2nd Lieutenants).



I wonder if I "remember" this in terms of not being able to make it back home in time for Melissa's wedding because I was getting leave until later that month, which was for my transfer to the USS Taylor. I think it was 12/1/1984 when Bobby and Melissa married and I must have only missed it by a few days. I can still visualize the wedding photo in the paper and thinking I wished I could have been there to be in the photo.

I want to say it was 12/4/1984 when I made it home on leave and then I reported to the Taylor on 12/19/1984. I didn't understand my orders, which indicated that the ship was in Bath, Maine, because the orders indicated the home port was Charleston, so I flew there. I can still "remember" flying in to that old airport. I can "remember" going to the Charleston base to check in and waiting for a while until they told me the ship was in Bath, Maine. My original orders indicated the ship was in Bathe, Maine, and I had no idea what that meant. I can "remember" taking the taxi back to the airport. The taxi driver told me to not forget to give him a tip. A few months later, after the Taylor had moved to Charleston as the home port, I was on liberty and I got in the taxi again with one of the drivers from that first night and I was talking about that mix up.

I don't know if that artificial and symbolic memory means that I did make it to her wedding or I did not make it to her wedding in 1984.

From 8/14/1984 to 12/1/1984 is: 3 months, 17 days
30 * 0.59 = 17.7 days
From 8/14/1984 to 12/1/1984 is: 3.59 months

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/photographs/large/c23475-11A.jpg

C23475-11A, The Reagan Family at Patti Davis's wedding to Paul Grilley at the Bel Air Hotel, Los Angeles, California. 8/14/84.



Some other subjects I was thinking about again:

John Tower is 33 years, 5 months, 3 days, older than me, suggesting to me that President Reagan was trying to create a 33-59 connection to me. I assume that Iran-Contra was really about why I was missing and presumed dead and I guess he was taking heat for it. I am quite certain he knew I was still alive though, for certain periods of time, but he couldn't send in any forces to extract me. And when he could, the traitors would sabotage the rescue attempt somehow. It was all part of the effort to pirate my identity. I see signs of it happening still today and it is evidence that Microsoft-Corbis-Al Qaeda has corrupted certain public officials in the United States of America, in support of their insurrection against the United States of America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tower

John Goodwin Tower (September 29, 1925 – April 5, 1991) was the first Republican United States senator from Texas since Reconstruction. He served from 1961 until his retirement in January 1985, after which time he was the chairman of the Reagan-appointed Tower Commission that investigated the Iran-Contra Affair.



From 3/4/1986 to 2/26/1987 is: 359 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tower

In November 1986, President Reagan asked Tower to chair the President's Special Review Board to study the action of the National Security Council and its staff during the Iran-Contra Affair. The board, which became known as the Tower Commission, issued its report on February 26, 1987. The report was highly critical of the Reagan administration and of the National Security Council's dealings with both Iran and the Nicaraguan Contras.



From 3/4/1959 to 2/26/1993 is: 33 years, 359 days

333-59

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_bombing

In the 1993 World Trade Center bombing (February 26, 1993) a car bomb was detonated by Islamic terrorists in the underground parking garage below Tower One of the World Trade Center in New York City. The 1,500-lb (680 kg) urea nitrate-fuel oil device killed six and injured 1,042 people. It was intended to devastate the foundation of the North Tower, causing it to collapse onto its twin.

Agents and bomb technicians of the U.S. Treasury Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) responded to the scene of the blast. An ATF bomb technician subsequently found the axle in the bomb crater with the VIN of the Ryder truck that was used to contain the explosives. Further investigation by ATF found that the vehicle had been rented by a Palestinian named Mohammad Salameh. Yousef's friends reported the van was stolen in an attempt to slow investigators down.

On March 4, 1993 authorities announced the capture of Salameh. In March 1994, Salameh, Nidal Ayyad, Mahmud Abouhalima and Ahmad Ajaj were each convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment for the World Trade Center bombing.



I pondered over whether STS-26 would point to my experience in Africa because I was 26.95 years old on 2/14/1986, which is the date I recognize as when I was shot down by anti-aircraft fire. I turned 27 when I was a Prisoner of War in Libya, if I have this all figured out correctly. I would have been 28 when I finally got home, having completed my escape on 5/13/1987. It is suspiciously similar to 10 years earlier. I spent my entire 17th year in outer space. I recognize that I spent my entire 27th year missing Africa.

The space shuttle flight STS-26 returned to Earth 3.586 years after my 26th birthday. The following day was 3.589 years after my 26th birthday. If the shuttle flight STS-26 had landed 2 days later, it would have been 3.59 years after my 26th birthday. The time period from my 26th birthday to when STS-26 landed is 1310 days. That landing was only 2 days off from creating a perfect 3-59 clue pointing to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-26

Launch: September 29, 1988
Landing: October 3, 1988

STS-26 was a space shuttle mission by NASA using the Discovery. It was the 26th shuttle mission, and the seventh for Discovery. It was the "Return to Flight" mission, being the first mission after the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. This was the first mission to use the original Space Transportation System numbering system since STS-9, and the first to have all crew members wearing pressure suits for launch and landing since STS-4.

Space Shuttle Discovery lifted off from Pad B, Launch Complex 39, Kennedy Space Center, at 11:37 a.m. EDT on September 29, 1988, 975 days after the Challenger disaster. Launch of America's return-to-flight mission was delayed for 1 hour and 38 minutes because of unseasonable and unusual light winds aloft, and to replace fuses in the cooling systems of two crew members' flight suits. The suits were repaired, and a waiver was issued for the wind conditions after officials determined there was a sufficient safety margin for wind loads on the orbiter wing leading edges. The 26th Shuttle flight was the seventh for Discovery.

The primary payload for the STS-26 mission, a Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS), was successfully deployed, and 11 scheduled middeck scientific and technological experiments were carried out. The orbiter sustained only minor Thermal Protection System tile damage and the redesigned solid rocket boosters showed no signs of leakage or overheating at any of the joints.

Two minor problems occurred during the flight. After ascent, the Flash Evaporator System for cooling the orbiter iced up and shut down, increasing the crew cabin temperature to approximately 87 degrees Fahrenheit. The problem was resolved on Flight Day 4 and cooler temperatures resulted. A Ku-band antenna for communications was successfully deployed on Flight Day 2, but it failed to respond properly and had to be stowed for the remainder of the mission.

Besides conducting the various experiments, crew members practiced suiting up in new partial-pressure, or launch-and-entry, flight suits, and unstowing and attaching the new crew escape system. On Oct. 2, the day before the mission ended, the five-man crew paid a moving tribute to the 51-L Challenger crew.

Discovery landed on Runway 17, Edwards AFB, CA, at 12:37 p.m. EDT on Oct. 3. Mission duration was 4 days and 1 hour. Capsule Communicator Blaine Hammond Jr. welcomed the crew, saying it was "a great ending to a new beginning."



The space shuttle flight STS-27 launched 33.59 months after 2/14/1986. I recognize the date 2/14/1986 as when I was shot down by anti-aircraft fire somewhere in Africa. I would have turned 27 years old while a Prisoner of War of Libya.

From 2/14/1986 to 12/2/1988 is: 33 months, 18 days
30 * 0.59 = 17.7 days
From 2/14/1986 to 12/2/1988 is: 33.59 months

33-59

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-27

Launch: December 2, 1988
Landing: December 6, 1988

STS-27 was a space shuttle mission by NASA using the Space Shuttle Atlantis. It was the 27th shuttle mission, and the 3rd for Atlantis, 2nd after the Challenger disaster. It carried a payload for the U.S. Department of Defense.

The Space Shuttle Atlantis (OV-104), at the time the youngest in NASA's fleet, made its third flight in a classified mission for the Department of Defense (DoD).



3 years, 5.9 months after 2/14/1986 occurred during space shuttle flight STS-28. I recognize the date 2/14/1986 as when I was shot down by anti-aircraft fire somewhere in Africa. I was 28 when I returned on 5/13/1987.

From 2/14/1986 to 8/10/1989 is: 3 years, 5 months, 27 days
27 / 30 = 0.9
From 2/14/1986 to 8/10/1989 is: 3 years, 5.9 months

3-59

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-28

STS-28

Launch: August 8, 1989
Landing: August 13, 1989

Fourth mission dedicated to United States Department of Defense, and first flight of Columbia since mission STS-61-C. Due to the nature of this mission, details are classified. Believed to have deployed two satellites, possibly including one second-generation Satellite Data System relay.

It has been reported that STS-28 also deployed an Advanced KH-11 photo-reconnaissance satellite that used an all-digital imaging system to return pictures. The satellite was placed into a low earth orbit with a high-inclination to the equator to allow coverage of most of the Earth's surface. The KH-11 series is a digital imaging photo- reconnaissance satellite with both visual and infrared sensors.

The pioneering Space Shuttle Orbiter Columbia (OV-102), the first operational reusable spaceship in NASA's fleet, lifted off from Pad 39B, Launch Complex 39, KSC, on 8 August 1989. Liftoff time was 8:37 a.m. EDT. It was the 30th flight of the Space Shuttle, and the first flight of the refurbished Columbia since the 61-C mission on 12 January 1986. Landing was at Edwards AFB, CA, at 9:37 p.m. EDT. The mission lasted for 5 days and 1 hour.

During the flight, the crew shut down a thruster in the reaction control system (RCS) because of indications of a leak. Also, an RCS heater malfunctioned.

Post-flight analysis of STS-28 discovered unusual heating of the thermal protection system (TPS) during re-entry. A detailed report ([1] identified protruding gap filler as the likely cause. This filler material is the same material which was removed during a spacewalk on the STS-114 Return to Flight mission in 2005.



They - whoever 'they' are - were going to let my "Nova" visit me in my cage but I have been thinking that a friend observed that I didn't recognize him and told Phoebe she should wait until I have completely regained conscious awareness of my real identity. If this mental condition was permanent, then we would get back together - for better or worse, as we certainly once promised - but this condition is not permanent so at this point, we might as well wait. I'm not sure how much control I have over the conscious awareness of recognizing my real identity. It seems to come and go. I want her to have as little exposure to the dangerous world I live in of the criminals I prosecute that are actively engaged in an insurrection against the United States of America. Some of the criminals that are actively engaged in insurrection against the United States of America are Microsoft Corporation, Corbis, Rudy Guiliani, Bernard Kerik, Dave Reichert, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Robert Mueller, to name a few.



I've been undecided about when the comet would have hit the Earth if I had not successfully diverted it on 7/4/1976. Sometimes I want to say it would have been in 1978 but other times I want to say the comet would have hit the Earth in late 1976. Those comets move pretty fast through the solar system....and that always comes back to mind for some reason. I always come back to that. I don't know why. If it was going to be in 1978, then I assume the comet was going to circle around the Sun and then hit Earth on the second round.

But why do I keep thinking I would have had time to return to Earth for repairs? I can't reconcile that part, but yet, I feel as though I did have time to return before setting out again. The part about it getting closer all that time would still be true, as well as what I wrote about it being impossible to divert if I had not hit it while it was so far out in the solar system. I also keep thinking it was high above the ecliptic.

There is also the fact that there would be a speed limitation on my ship. I could travel very fast, but there would be a maximum to that ship. I could have only traveled a certain distance over a certain period of time with the maximum expenditure of the propulsion system. So if I left the Saturn moon Phoebe on 6/7/1976 and intercepted the comet on 7/2/1976, then it must not have been very far from Saturn, relatively speaking. Especially considering that I made it to Saturn from Earth in 7 months, 5 days. I intercepted the comet precisely 8 months after leaving Earth. Considering that I did not travel in straight lines along the eliptic plane, I must have traveled well over a billion miles to get to Saturn. What that means is that I must have left a tremendous amount of radioactive material in my wake to travel such a long distance in such a short period of time. I guess as long as I did not travel along the elliptic, then that radioactive material would drift harmlessly through the solar system and beyond because it would dissapate before it reached another solar system. But I don't know. It is a factor that would have to be considered before using again that type of propulsion system.















































http://www.adorasvitak.com/About.html

“Tiny Literary Giant”

Diane Sawyer---Good Morning America

On Good Morning America, Diane Sawyer called Adora Svitak a ‘Tiny literary giant.” The title seems astute when you measure her diminutive stature against her accomplishments. Though only four feet tall, seven-year-old Adora has written over 250,000 words this year alone. Try that one on for size.

She may be small, but she has big ideas, and, thanks to writing, she has the means to express them. At an age when most kids are still eking out simple sentences; Adora is staggeringly prolific. Her grasp of grammar, structure and syntax would be considered advanced in most high school classrooms, and her complex and intriguing plots lead readers to wonder what else Adora has up her sleeve. Hearing a seven-year-old casually use words like ‘fatalistic' and ‘immolate' is so startling, it's almost humorous, but once you get used to it, it's easy to slip into a conversation about books or politics and forget that the person you are talking to rides a bike with training wheels and sleeps with a stuffed bear.

Adora started to read chapter books at three-and-a-half. Since her first chapter book (“ Bug Inspector ”), she has never looked back, and tends to gravitate towards challenging materials. Discovering historical fiction cultivated a passion for history. The history book she cherishes the most, The Century for Young People , was a gift from author Peter Jennings, and is inscribed ‘Adora and Adrianna, you are the future!'.


It has been studied and noted that literary prodigy is far less common than aptitude in music or math. We credit Adora's achievement to her immense desire to know and understand history and human nature, and her desire to help others. Despite her rather macabre interest in piracy and despots, her simple and sincere wish is for human beings to live in peace and harmony. She has a huge kind heart and she wants to do many things in her life.



The paparazzi on television also thought this was funny when I spoke out loud about it when I was sitting alone in my room a while back. Can you even begin to understand how crazy it is that people on television know what you say when you sit alone in your apartment? These paparazzi-types are literally Nazi's and those paparazzi-insurrectionists will certainly be arrested on federal charges.

http://www.adorasvitak.com/2005_07_01_archive.html

Sunday, July 24, 2005

New Blog!

If you have been waiting to hear from me, you will have to wait no longer! Today is my grandma's birthday, so I'm just scraping up a little time to write this. Unfortunately, we were informed of the special occasion just before we were about to eat our dinner, so we were not prepared and all I could give my grandma was an extra-large pinecone. I was not terribly hungry, so I skipped the meal and chose to write this instead. Write back later!



From 7/16/1963 to 10/15/1997 is: 13 weeks, 34 years

1-334

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adora_Svitak

Adora Lily Svitak (born October 15, 1997) Usually known simply as Adora Svitak. Svitak is an American child prodigy and internationally published author, known for her essays, stories, poems, blogs, and full-length books. Adora first became known to the public when, at the age of 6, she was recognized on local news in Seattle for her writing abilities.[1] Adora became an object of national interest at the age of 7 when she appeared with Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America.[2] Her book, Flying Fingers describes Adora's abiding love of language and writing and contains tips and hints for other aspiring writers. [3] In 2005, at the age of 7, Adora began writing blogs and keeping an online journal, where she comments on matters of both international significance and subjects of personal interest.[4][5] Since Nov, 2005 Adora has been leveraging her talent and fame to promote literacy and interest in reading and writing. She has lectured before large audiences of both students and adults across the United States, and recently in Great Britain.[6]

As of January 2007, Adora is completing her first full-length novel "Yang in Disguise," serving as a spokesperson for Verizon Reads campaign for literacy, and working on an animated computer program to help develop children's reading and speaking skills.