Wednesday, December 09, 2009

6352




http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_14

Flight of the Intruder


:14:19
Dear Sharon,

:14:21
By now you've been notified
that Morgan is gone.

:14:24
He was killed over Vietnam
flying a night strike

:14:26
and... I wish I could say
that his death was necessary,

:14:30
but... it wasn't.

:14:34
The target we were bombing
was nonexistent,

:14:36
and the mission was useless.

:14:39
Too many good men have died like
Morgan these past two years.

:14:43
I guess I knew him as well
as any man could know another.

:14:47
He was... he was my best friend.

:14:51
I know how heavy a burden

:14:53
his loss is to you
and little Bobby,

:14:55
and... and I know
how much he loved you.

:14:58
Somehow I wish
there was something,

:15:00
just one thing I could do

:15:02
to make up for such a loss
as Morgan.

:15:05
I go on, as Tennyson said,

:15:07
and the world darkens around me,










http://www.cswap.com/1951/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still/cap/en/25fps/a/00_58

The Day the Earth Stood Still


:58:47
- What happened?
- What time is it?

:58:52
Just 12.00.

:58:53
We shall be here for a little while.
About 30 minutes.

:58:59
- We can try pushing the other buttons.
- They won't work.

:59:03
- Why not? - You see, the
electricity's been neutralized...

:59:07
all over the world.

:59:10
Bobby was telling the truth, wasn't he?

:59:13
Yes.

:59:42
It's that spaceman. That's what it is.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.










Excerpt from copy of book, "The Reagan Diaries": 1986 Wednesday, February 19

Watched two short films - one on my unfavorite actor, Quadafy & one on how C.I.A. officers are made. [...]





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reagan_Diaries

Publication date May 22, 2007

The Reagan Diaries is an edited version of diaries written by President Ronald Reagan while in the White House.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made

Made

Being made (or read) is having one's real identity detected. This applies to undercover law enforcement officers (by criminal targets)










http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1986/21486b.htm

Executive Order 12548 -- Grazing Fees

February 14, 1986










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Never No More" Part 1 of 2

February 4, 1996

Episode 14 DVD:

00:06:08


Captain John Oakes: I ordered a double shot of J.D.

Saratoga bartender: Well, sorry, zoomie. No billet, no fill it.

Captain John Oakes: I'm here to drink to the memory of a pilot who this very day was killed in action. You think you're going to stop me because I don't have a drink ticket? Listen up, you maggot. You got about a heartbeat to set me up with a double shot of J.D. so that I can honor that memory. You reading me loud and clear?

1LT Shane Vansen: Set us up. Friend of yours?

Captain John Oakes: More than a friend.

1LT Shane Vansen: Then here's to Lt. Brandt. You look older. You don't look like a boy anymore.

Captain John Oakes: I'm not. He disappeared about a hundred of these ago.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Heartbreak_Ridge/cap/en/25fps/a/01_13

Heartbreak Ridge


1:13:08
You can rob me...

1:13:12
...you can starve me, you can beat me,
and you can kill me...

1:13:16
...just don't bore me.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=36942&st=&st1=

Remarks at a Dinner Honoring Senator Paul Laxalt of Nevada

March 3rd, 1986

Thank you, Senator Armstrong. Thank you all. Ladies and gentlemen, it's wonderful to be here tonight and to celebrate with you the longstanding friendship that Nancy and I've had with Paul and Carol.

Well, Paul, Senator, I hope you'll forgive me for having a little fun here tonight. The truth is, ladies and gentlemen, this isn't the easiest set of remarks that I've ever been asked to give. And that comes from someone who's had to give a fair number of speeches. Come to think of it, Paul, you've probably had to sit through more of them than either one of us wants to admit. And I know that finding the right word or expression can oftentimes mean the difference between hurting or helping, between doing this job well or not so well. But sometimes the words just aren't there. The task is really impossible. I guess that was what Lincoln felt at Gettysburg. He knew there are occasions when words must be brief because the feelings are so deep, and this evening is one such occasion.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=36967&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at a White House Briefing for Supporters of United States Assistance for the Nicaraguan Democratic Resistance

March 10th, 1986

Thank you very much. [Applause] Why do I wish you were all in the Congress? [Laughter] Well, the matter that brings us here today is, of course, a very grave one. I know how hard many of you've worked on this issue and how strongly you agree with me about its importance. As a matter of fact, here I am preaching to the choir.

But looking around this room today, I can't help but remember that story about the fellow who in later life was the only living survivor of the Johnstown flood. And he was frequently asked to speak, and finally he got to being out on the lecture tour and was practically making his living just telling his memories of that great disaster. And then came the day when he met his heavenly reward, and he went up there. But pretty soon he kind of began pestering St. Peter about maybe setting up a date or two up there so that he could tell about the Johnstown flood. Well, St, Peter said that the people up there did like to hear from recent arrivals about how things were down here, so he set it up for him. He got all the saints and prophets and seraphim and cherubim together to hear the Johnstown flood story, and then he, St. Peter, introduced this veteran of the flood. And as the veteran stepped up to the podium, St. Peter whispered in his ear, "That fellow in the first row, second from the aisle, is named Noah." [Laughter]

Well, looking around this room today, I see a lot of Noahs when I'm talking about the Communist menace in Central America, so I don't think any of you need a long lecture on the realities at hand. This is an uphill battle in which we're engaged, but we're making progress. You can sense that the tide is turning in favor of the democratic resistance. Farsighted Democrats and Republicans are coming together in a realization of the common danger, and this is not some narrow partisan issue. It's a national security issue of paramount importance: whether the Soviet Union will be permitted to establish a subversive base camp and military beachhead on the mainland of North America. On this issue we must act not as Republicans—or not as Democrats, but as Americans. As Scoop Jackson, who led the charge on Capitol Hill to save Central America, reminded us: "In matters of national security, the best politics is no politics." So, I think it's very important to put this current struggle in clear perspective, to realize that there is an exciting, hopeful dimension to it all.