Monday, December 07, 2009

The voyage home




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092007/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)


Dr. Gillian Taylor: Sure you won't change your mind?

Spock: Is there something wrong with the one I have?










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/22/2006 3:53 PM


UW Medical Center. I was there for about four days I think before they transferred me to the VA in Seattle. One of those days at UW, a woman I don’t think I saw before or again in there organized a group activity where we made drawing with colored pencils. The instructions were to draw anything we wanted to draw. I drew a diagram of our solar system. I told her after I finished it that I should have made it larger because it was too small to show the detail I wanted. I was trying to illustrate how one side of the planets was brighter because it was facing the Sun.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_07

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:07:34
- Who are you?
- Who do you think I am?

1:07:37
Don't tell me!
You're from outer space.

1:07:40
I'm from lowa, I work in outer space.

1:07:43
I was close. I knew outer space
was going to come into this.

1:07:49
- The truth?
- I am all ears.

1:08:01
Okay... the truth.

1:08:11
I am from the late 23rd century.

1:08:14
I've come back in time...

1:08:18
..to bring two humpback whales
with me, in an attempt to...

1:08:23
..repopulate the species.

1:08:27
Why didn't you say so?
Why all the coy disguises?

1:08:33
- You want the details?










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Sat, May 20, 2006 1:38:07 PM
Subject: Re: Journal May 20, 2006


Something is there, something. It is like a shadow. Or something you glimpse in the corner of your eye. It is familar unfamilarity that appears then disappears.


Kerry Burgess wrote:
In that movie Mission To Mars, there is that part where the second team arrive on Mars. The guy that survived for months there alone has lost it to some degree. The woman who lost her husband explains that extended periods of low-gravity can have that effect on the brain. As I write this, I almost feel like something is figuratively tugging at my mind. Anyway, if low-grav does have that effect, there needs to be a mechanism to help someone keep anchored in reality. Either by training them mentally or through artificial means of mind control. This adds weight to my hunch that I have some kind of device implanted in the back of my head. And it probably means it receives FM signals, although it could be any frequency, but FM would make more sense. Although it could be satellite too, really anything is possible without knowing the details. Although the possibilities are limited, I mean, this isn't Star Trek.

<<<<<










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092007/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)


Dr. Gillian Taylor: He's just gonna hang around the bushes while we eat?










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:42:45 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: those who helped

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I was walking on the Burke-gilman trail on my way to the bridge. I don't remember exactly where I was, probably 15 or twenty miles from Marymoor. It was late and dark and intimidating. I was expecting someone to jump out of the bushes at any time. People, normal seeming people, were curiously showing up along the trail at seemingly regular intervals. And as with everything and everywhere I go, there are no incidental conversations. Every single conversation around me has something to do with me. At least, when I am outside. Here in this place, it has calmed down somewhat, although that will probably change now that I mention it. Anyway, these people passing by me were talking about somebody being somewhere to pick someone up and take them home. Another person commented something about "finally." I imagined someone would be waiting for me as Gas Works Park to take me home. I sat there for 24 hours in that park waiting.

<<<<<










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_10

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:10:13
Well, Admiral, that was
the briefest dinner I've ever had,

1:10:18
and certainly the biggest fish story
I've ever heard.

1:10:23
Tell me something. The whale's
transmitter, what's the frequency?

1:10:29
Sorry, that's classified. Look,
I don't have a clue who you are.

1:10:34
You wouldn't want to show me
around your spaceship, would you?

1:10:39
- That wouldn't be my first choice.
- Well, there we are.

1:10:46
I am here to bring two humpbacks
into the 23rd century.

1:10:52
I can go to the open sea to get them.
I'd rather have yours.

1:10:56
It's better for me. It's better for you.
It's better for them.

1:11:03
Think about it.

1:11:10
- Who are you?
- Think about it.

1:11:14
Don't take too long. I'm out of time.

1:11:17
- This is where I'll be.
- Here?

1:11:21
- In the park.
- Right.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_04

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:04:56
How does a nice girl like you
get to be a cetacean biologist?

1:05:02
- Just lucky, I guess.
- You're upset about losing the whales.

1:05:11
You're very perceptive.

1:05:15
- How will that be done, exactly?
- They'll be flown to Alaska.

1:05:21
- They'll be released there.
- That's the last you'll see of them?

1:05:25
See, yes. But we'll tag them with
special transmitters and monitor them.

1:05:35
I could take
those whales somewhere...

1:05:41
..where they'd never be hunted.

1:05:49
You can't even get from Sausalito
to San Francisco without a lift.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_07

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:07:34
- Who are you?
- Who do you think I am?

1:07:37
Don't tell me!
You're from outer space.

1:07:40
I'm from Iowa, I work in outer space.

1:07:43
I was close. I knew outer space
was going to come into this.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, June 12, 2006 1:23:57 PM

Subject: Re: Journal June 12, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:


Early this morning, I suffered through about the first half-hour of Fast Times At Ridgemont High until I got bored and changed it.

{{{{{










From 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 3192 days

3192 = 1596 + 1596

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 1596 days



From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 9975 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 6/25/1986 ( U.S. President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5506—National Homelessness Awareness Week 1986 ) is: 9975 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_a_Long_Drive_for_Someone_with_Nothing_to_Think_About

This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

Studio album by Modest Mouse

Released April 16, 1996


Track listing

16. "Space Travel Is Boring"










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face
She still got plenty lonely but that's just the case
With time, time, time
Started hearing voices sometime in June
She knew she could go crazy but didn't think that soon
Now she doesn't feel lonely but she'd just as soon
Try, try, try try
Man shot to the moon
I read a paperback and want to come home soon
I'm shot to the moon
Been there a half an hour, I want to come home soon










http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Revelation/

Literature Network>The Holy Bible>Revelation

Revelation

Revelations


7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_49

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:49:19
You and your crew have saved this
planet from its own short-sightedness.

1:49:25
We are forever in your debt.

1:50:02
I'm so happy for you.

1:50:05
Thank you so much.

1:50:10
- Wait a minute, where are you going?
- You have your ship, I have mine.

1:50:15
Science vessel.
I've got 300 years of learning to do.

1:50:19
- You mean, this is goodbye?
- Why does it have to be goodbye?

1:50:23
Like they say in your century,
I don't even have your phone number.

1:50:30
- How will I find you?
- Don't worry... I'll find you.

1:50:42
See you around the galaxy.










From 12/25/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 1/21/1976 ( my first landing on planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Mars ) is: 2583 days



http://www.bluetreenyc.com/media/system/logos/bluetree_logo.gif


http://www.bluetreeny.com/

Blue Tree

1283 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10128

212 369 blue (2583)





http://www.bluetreenyc.com/index.php?route=ret|product&prod_id=1130&cat_id=106

Moon Necklace [ Blue Tree ]

I'd Like to Give You the Moon and Then Some... Did you ever want to give someone the gift that money cannot buy? Now you can! Phoebe Cates and designer Pablo Valencia bring this idea to life with this Blue Tree exclusive jewelry line. All pieces are silver unless otherwise indicated. (NOTE: Due to high demand, pieces are occasionally out-of-stock. Customers will be notified if a piece is out-of-stock upon purchase, but these items generally only take a few days to replace.)










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_21

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:21:00
- It's true!
- Yes, it is.

1:21:04
I'm glad you're here, but you picked
a hell of a time to drop in.

1:21:10
- Is this real?
- Yes, take a look.

1:21:19
- Storage tanks for your whales.
- They're gone.

1:21:24
- Gone?
- They were taken last night.

1:21:27
- They're in Alaska by now.
- Damn!

1:21:32
- But you can go find them, right?
- I can't go anywhere.

1:21:37
- What kind of a spaceship is this?
- It's a spaceship with a missing man.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_21

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:21:43
- Full power has been restored.
- Thank you, Mr Spock.

1:21:48
Doctor, welcome aboard.

1:21:51
- Admiral, are you there?
- Uhura, what's wrong?

1:21:56
I've located Chekov. They're
taking him to emergency surgery.

1:22:00
- Where?
- Mercy Hospital.

1:22:04
- The Mission District.
- His condition is critical.

1:22:09
He's not expected to survive.

1:22:13
Let me go in there. Don't leave him
in the hands of 20th-century medicine.

1:22:19
I suggest that Dr McCoy is correct.
We must help Chekov.

1:22:29
- Is that the logical thing to do?
- No, but it is the human thing to do.










From 2/17/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy SEAL ) to 5/8/2009 ( premiere US film "Star Trek" )(Friday) is: 16151 days

16151 = 1 + 8075 + 8075

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is: 8075 days



From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was the lead C-141A pilot transporting home the American POWs ) to 5/8/2009 ( premiere US film "Star Trek" ) is: 13234 days

13234 = 6617 + 6617

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 4/14/1977 ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system ) is: 6617 days



From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon as Dr. Thomas Reagan M.D. ) to 5/8/2009 ( premiere US film "Star Trek" ) is: 13726 days

13726 = 6863 + 6863

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 4/30/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1982 as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is: 6863 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

Star Trek (2009)

Release Date: 8 May 2009 (USA)

Plot Outline: A chronicle of the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Star Trek (2009)

UK 8 May 2009
USA 8 May 2009










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_16

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:17:30
Scotty, you promised an estimate
on the crystals.

1:17:35
- lt'll be well into tomorrow.
- You've got to do better.

1:17:41
I'll try, sir.
He's in a wee bit of a snit.

1:17:46
- He's a man of deep feelings.
- What's new?










http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/TOS/character/1112496.html

STARFLEET HISTORICAL FILE: Kirk, James T.

Final Rank: Captain

Full Name: James Tiberius Kirk

Date of birth: March 22, 2233

Place of birth: Riverside, Iowa, Earth

Education: Starfleet Academy, 2250-2254



2293* — Spearheads initiatives leading to Khitomer Accords and exposes anti-peace conspiracy in Starfleet and Klingon Empire; dies while saving the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B from an energy anomaly just minutes after its commissioning ceremony

2371 — Reappears in Nexus long enough to help Captain Jean-Luc Picard save planet Veridian III from destruction in the Nexus










http://gallery.phoebe-cates.com/v/movies/fast_times/fast_times125.jpg.html

Linda Barrett

Attending college
in Riverside.

Now living with her
Abnormal Psych Professor.





From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is: 8075 days



http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown.jsp

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_1_results.jsp

Find a ZIP + 4® Code By City Results

You Gave Us

RIVERSIDE, NJ

ZIP Code™ Matches in RIVERSIDE, NJ

08075










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormal_psychology

Abnormal psychology

Abnormal psychology is the scientific study of abnormal behavior in order to describe, predict, explain, and change abnormal patterns of functioning. Abnormal psychology in clinical psychology studies the nature of psychopathology, its causes, and its treatments. Of course, the definition of what constitutes 'abnormal' has varied across time and across cultures. Individuals also vary in what they regard as normal or abnormal behavior. In general, abnormal psychology can be described as an area of psychology that studies people who are consistently unable to adapt and function effectively in a variety of conditions. The four main contributing factors to how well an individual is able to adapt include their genetic makeup, physical condition, learning and reasoning, and socialization.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychologist

Psychologist

"Psychologist" is an academic, occupational or professional title describing individuals who are either:

social scientists conducting research or teaching psychology in a college or university;

employed by the government in psychology positions;

professionals who apply psychological findings and ideas to "real-world" problems, questions and issues, most typically in health care services or in business and industry.

There are many different types of psychologists, as is reflected by the 56 different divisions of the American Psychological Association (the APA). Psychologists are generally described as being either "applied" or "research" oriented. This major division is also described as the difference between scientists and practitioners or scholars and professionals. The training models endorsed by the APA require that practitioners be trained as both scholars and professionals and to possess advanced degrees.

Most typically, people encounter psychologists and think of the discipline as involving the work of clinical or counseling psychologists, professionals who are concerned with helping people live healthy and productive lives - professionals who help people solve problems of living or resolve mental health problems. Although clinical psychology is a commonly identified professional role, it remains a subset of the field of psychology. Scholars and academicians (conducting research and teaching in universities) constitute a substantial and foundational position in the definition of a "psychologist."


Contrast with psychiatrist

In most western countries, including the U.S., licensed/registered psychologists hold a doctorate in their field, while licensed psychiatrists hold a medical degree with a specialty in psychiatry. Psychiatrists are physicians who have earned an MBBS/M.D. or a D.O. professional degree, whereas psychologists have earned a doctoral degree Ph.D., Psy.D., or Ed.D. Psychiatrists generally spend shorter periods of contact time with clients/patients, and the principal method of treatment is psychopharmacology. Conversely, clinical and counseling psychologists generally rely upon psychological assessment and the use of psychotherapy to relieve psychological distress. It is not uncommon for people suffering from mental illness to combine these services to maximize their impact. Medical psychologists in the U.S. military and two states (New Mexico and Louisiana) have prescription privileges, combining psychosocial and psychopharmacological interventions. Many psychologists conduct research-based, standardized cognitive and projective testing to guide the diagnosis of intellectual disabilities, behavioral/mood disorders, and personality disorders; these test results also inform treatment approaches. Administration and interpretation of the majority of these standardized test instruments require specialized Doctoral level training in psychology










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Monday, September 12, 2005

I wrote earlier about my game to shake off the people following me. I found it somewhat humorous but slightly annoying when I saw a car commercial with a real celebrity (reminds me of Shelley's Among the stars that have a different birth by virtue of them knowing why people are following them) racing away from paparazzi while he is also taking pictures of them with his camera.


To the Moon
by Percy Bysshe Shelley

Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven and gazing on the earth,
Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

{{{{{










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek (2009)


George Kirk: What are we going to call him?

Winona Kirk: We could name him after your father.

George Kirk: Tiberius? You kidding me? No, that's the worst. Let's name him after your dad. Let's call him Jim.










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek (2009)


James T. Kirk: You know, going back in time, changing history... that's cheating.

Spock Prime: A trick I learned from an old friend.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_23

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:23:41
Hold the door. Emergency.

1:23:45
I was there. I heard the whole thing.

1:23:49
Weintraub said radical chemotherapy.

1:23:52
- What about Gottlieb?
- He talked about image therapy.

1:23:58
- Unbelievable!
- You have a different view?

1:24:02
- It sounds like the Spanish inquisition.
- Bad day.










http://www.tv.com/stargate-universe/life/episode/1259784/trivia.html

Stargate Universe

Season 1, Episode 9

Life

Air Date

Friday November 20, 2009

Quotes

Boone: What the hell is this?

Greer: Hey! Looks like we've found the dentist's office!










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek (2009)


Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: How old are you?

Pavel Chekov: I'm 17.

Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: Oh good, he's 17.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_24

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


1:24:30
You aren't masked!
Who are these people?

1:24:33
- I don't know.
- What are you doing?

1:24:38
- Tearing of the meningeal artery.
- What's your degree in, dentistry?

1:24:42
How do you explain slow pulse,
low respiratory rate and coma?

1:24:45
- A funduscopic examination...
- ..is unrevealing.

1:24:49
An evacuation of the haematoma
will relieve the pressure.

1:24:53
Drilling holes in his head is not the
answer. The artery must be repaired.

1:24:59
Put away your butcher knives
and let me save this patient.

1:25:03
- I'll have you removed.
- Such unprofessional behaviour...

1:25:08
- Into that little room.
- What is that? A gun?

1:25:11
- What is this?
- I've no idea.

1:25:24
He melted the lock.

1:25:26
We're dealing with medievalism here.

1:25:31
Chemotherapy!
Funduscopic examinations!

1:25:42
Chekov, wake up.

1:25:47
Pavel, can you hear me?

1:25:54
- He's coming around.
- Pavel, talk to me.

1:26:01
Name? Rank?

1:26:03
Chekov, Pavel.

1:26:07
Rank: Admiral.

1:26:14
- How's the patient?
- He's going to make it.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Star_Trek_IV:_The_Voyage_Home/cap/en/25fps/a/01_14

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home


I am Pavel Chekov,
a commander in Starfleet.

1:15:22
Service number: 656-5827 D.

1:15:26
- Let's take it from the top.
- The top of what?

1:15:31
- Name?
- My name?

1:15:34
Play games with me,
and you're through.

1:15:37
I am? May I go now?