Sunday, December 20, 2009

"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" The Visitor (1995)




2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/02/09 9:33 AM
I dreamed just now of what seems to be the flight of the Stargazer aircraft on 6/27/1994 but the visualizations I assume are mostly just the product of a dream. As usual, there seem to be details that happened before the part I can remember enough to write about that I can not now remember. In the dream, I was onboard that aircraft and we were traveling along towards the point where we would deploy the rocket as it fired and traveled towards space. All I can really visualize though is that the aircraft seemed to be invisible. To me at least. I have the sense that other people could see it. We also were no high over the ground but we were very close to the ground and we were traveling at a rate of motion that did not seem very fast. This all was taking a long time too. I kept expecting the rocket to depart from the aircraft but it did not. I can see the terrain very well. There seemed to be people on the ground looking up and to watch us fly over. We were at another point so close the ground above a highway that I saw a woman in a police car looking up at the sky and I think she was watching us fly over. I think it was before that we were flying over new terrain and I was marveling at the color of the foliage of the trees and it might have seemed that I could even touch the trees with my feet. I remember that very well. But that part is disorienting. It is as though I was standing very close to a wall but then that wall was not actually there and what I saw in front of me was the sky and terrain and everything associated with flying in that aircraft above the ground. It seemed I was talking to the other two men on the aircraft flight deck just then and I become slightly aware as I think about the dream of equipment and instruments around me although that could be the last part. I do have the sense they are wearing uniforms and I think I am too. I am in the middle and I seem to be talking to the guy on my right. Then the part with the woman in the police car seems to happen and then we travel over an area where the terrain drops suddenly and I am marveling at that because I can clearly see everything directly below us. Just because the drop I commented to the guy on my left, who might have actually been me, that there was a stop sign on the road below us at what seemed to be a T-intersection. We seemed to have been following the highway and the highway ended at that intersection with the other highway running perpendicular to it but we continued on a straight line and that was when I saw the terrain drop sharply below us. I commented to the guy to my left who I guess was the pilot about that stop sign below and I cannot now remember our exact words but he responded to me with something about how that was my name on that stop sign and I wish I could remember better that scene from the dream although that was basically the important part. So I think this part is when the rocket was supposed to transfer to space but that is not really clear anymore. What I do remember is that now I am clinging to the side of a mountain and I have no idea where I am although I still have an association in my mind that I was on that aircraft I have been writing about. It is as though I was on the side of that mountain because I had been attached to a rope that was attached to that aircraft and the aircraft had been traveling along with me on that rope. I don't really understand enough to explain what I feel was going on in this part. I don't know. Maybe it doesn't matter. I remember the ground was very steep and I remember there was snow and I seemed to be examining the snow-covered foliage and I am aware of how steep the ground is and I am concerned because I no longer am connected to that aircraft by the rope. I am stuck there on the ground and I have no idea where I am or how to get back to anywhere. I can see what seems to be a level portion of the ground and I guess it is a trail. I can also see a window of a building and it really seems out of place because a consistent thought is that I might as well be on Mount Everest right now but that doesn't really make any sense because I remember seeing all those signs of civilization we flew over. So anyway, I am still lying on or clinging to the mountain in the same position but I am looking at the window and I can visualize it well and I can see the various details of the configuration and I am wondering if I can slide through that window or if it is too small for me to get through. There seems to be no other place to go than through that window where it looks warm and cozy and I see no other signs of civilization other than that window. Then I seem to have made it through the window and I am vaguely aware of being inside the business that runs there and I vaguely recall talking to someone but I cannot remember enough about that conversation to articulate. What seems to happened was that I explained that I was lost from that flight and what they seemed to have done is to put me on a shuttle bus for a hotel and they sent me to a hotel where I can stay. I am aware that I have access to my funds but that is only a notion. I have only the clothes on my back and I am still confused about where I am. I am aware of another person on the bus and I can visualize the we got to the hotel while riding that bus and I can visualize walking through some parts of that hotel and I see that I walked into the registration lobby but then I turned around and walked back out without registering and I am not certain what I was going to do. I still have no idea where I am. I am thinking that the people I was with will probably look for me and I think that if I use my bank card they will know where I am on the ground. I think that was the end. I think the dream ended after I walked back outside the hotel and I was standing outside looking around. I can vaguely visualize the surroundings but I have no idea where it was.

<<<<<





>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/10/09 1:54 AM
I had a dream the other night that would suggest I was walking through solid object, although I do not recall if I actually did in the dream. The wall in that apartment had become some kind of transparent. I wrote about that dream and I wrote about how it seemed that I was flying on the so-called "Stargazer" L-1011 just before it crashed and I was sitting in a seat behind the pilot, which was actually me. I wrote about some other scenes in the dream and then flying over a stop sign in a road, which was a T-junction and of how we flew over the section of road that ended at the T-junction and that reminded me of that lyric about missing the sign which led to a turn for the worse. The pilot turned his head back towards me although he did not turn around far enough to look at me and he said something about how that sign had my name on it. It was after we flew past the stop sign and over that perpendicular road at the T-junction that the ground dropped off sharply below our flight path and then I found myself clinging to the top of a snow-covered mountain and I was looking at the details off a window where I was going to crawl through and out of the cold. I wrote about how from there, after some vague interaction with the people in that office or auto parts store through the window, I rode some kind of shuttle bus to a hotel and there was some further vague interactions and I do not think I actually checked into the hotel. I cannot remember what happened after that. I think it was well before all this, possibly during a sequence on the L-1011 and before I started about here, that I saw the transparent wall in my room

<<<<<










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0708645/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"

The Visitor (1995)


Captain Sisko: I'm proud of what you've accomplished.

Adult Jake Sisko: None of it matters - now that I know that you're out there lost somewhere.

Captain Sisko: Of course it matters. You have a wife; a career. And don't think because I'm not around much, that I... don't want grandchildren!