Friday, December 25, 2009

This is Beringer at NORAD.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000128870000&sid=61816&sn=G4HD&st=200912252100&cn=693

WarGames (1983)

693 G4HD: Friday, December 25 9:00 PM

1983, PG, ***, 01:53, Color, English, United States,

A teen (Matthew Broderick) taps his computer into the NORAD missile-defense system and plays a video game, ``Global Thermonuclear War.''

Cast: Matthew Broderick, Dabney Coleman, Ally Sheedy, John Wood, Barry Corbin, Juanin Clay Director(s): John Badham Producer(s): Harold Schneider Executive Producer(s): Leonard Goldberg










}}}}}JOURNAL ARCHIVE:----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:25:22 PM

Subject: Re: Star Trek: TNG: First Contact, Nov. 22, 1996


There was that dream I had the other night, where I was inside a missile. I remembered today the similarity with this movie, in that Cochrane converted an ICBM into his warp ship. But why would someone create a connection between me and Cochrane? I didn't create warp drive in the past only to have someone block my memory of that, did I? It's funny, when I read something the other day about Data arguing with Einstein, it reminded me of something I was writing in my journal back in the early '90s. I was wondering why it was impossible to travel faster than the speed of light. A couple years ago I was writing about it again. The idea presented itself to me about why it was impossible, something about atoms not being able to work because electrons could not transfer energy faster than the speed of light. I wondered if it was possible to create some kind of process to transfer energy to those atoms, not unlike a cell's mitochondria works. Today I have been wondering if anything I remember about the past is real. Do I have a different past? Am I really who I think I am? The stuff I imagine happening to me sometimes, did that stuff really happen? I wonder if these movies and tv shows have actually been sort of inoculations, to keep me from questioning my reality. I do question reality sometimes, but it wasn't until I saw that Matrix movie a while back, did I really start to wonder about reality. But it didn't seem to matter, I wasn't overly concerned that I may be living that kind of false reality. I still don't think I am living such an extreme unreality as in the Matrix, but I wonder if there is a divergence point in my life, a shadow, a distorted period. Or have I been living a life like in the movie Soldier, or maybe like in Blade Runner, where Rachael, and I assume Harrison Ford's character, have false memories of their life. Am I Harrison Ford's character in this reality? A replicant searching for replicants? I haven't been able to follow Battlestar Galactica this past year, but I think that theme is showing up there, with Chief Tyrol.

{{{{{





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 10:21:01 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 19, 2006


When I hear my real name, that is probably the key to unlocking all those blocked memories.


Kerry Burgess wrote:


In Star Trek: The Next Generation, and possibly others, I have been noticing familar clues. Today I suspect that those clues represent my false history. They serve as indicators to the people monitoring me that I still believe in my false history. If I start pointing out clues to my real history, they will know what I know.

I was thinking today about something I read recently in the novel 2001: Space Odyssey. Clarke wrote something about the progress of man from femur-wielding ape-man to man's use of guided missiles.


I wonder where the divergence point is in history? When did I become Kerry Burgess and who am I really? There was probably a real Kerry Burgess, someone that looked like me.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1983/WarGames/cap/en/25fps/a/00_37

WarGames


:37:34
It can't be that simple.

:37:44
- Wow!
- What?

:37:47
We got something.

:37:58
We're in!

:38:00
It thinks I'm Falken!

:38:04
Hello.

:38:09
- How can it ask you that?
- It'll ask whatever it's programmed to.

:38:13
- Do you wanna hear it talk?
- Yeah!

:38:16
I'll ask it how it feels.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, June 12, 2006 1:23:57 PM

Subject: Re: Journal June 12, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

Early this morning, I suffered through about the first half-hour of Fast Times At Ridgemont High until I got bored and changed it.

{{{{{





From 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 3192 days

3192 = 1596 + 1596

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 1596 days



From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 9975 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 6/25/1986 ( U.S. President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5506—National Homelessness Awareness Week 1986 ) is: 9975 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_a_Long_Drive_for_Someone_with_Nothing_to_Think_About

This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

Studio album by Modest Mouse

Released April 16, 1996

Track listing

16. "Space Travel Is Boring"





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face
She still got plenty lonely but that's just the case
With time, time, time
Started hearing voices sometime in June
She knew she could go crazy but didn't think that soon
Now she doesn't feel lonely but she'd just as soon
Try, try, try try
Man shot to the moon
I read a paperback and want to come home soon
I'm shot to the moon
Been there a half an hour, I want to come home soon










http://www.cswap.com/1983/WarGames/cap/en/25fps/a/00_40

WarGames


:40:07
I have seven, correction, eight Red birds
two degrees past apogee.

:40:13
Better get the old man down here.

:40:15
We have Soviet missile warning.

:40:17
Check formalfunction
and report confiidence.

:40:20
Projected target areas
NORAD regions 25, 26.

:40:38
This is Crystal Palace initiating
emergency conference. Stand by!

:40:44
19 degrees past apogee.

:40:46
Possible 18 targets in track.
Estimate re-entry at 19.23 Zulu.

:40:59
- What you got up here, Joe?
- We have a radar tracking.

:41:02
Eight inbound Soviet ICBMs
already over the pole.

:41:05
Estimated impact: 1 1 minutes.
Target area: Western United States.

:41:09
- Why didn't we get a launch detection?
- We're checking for DSP malfunction.

:41:13
BMEWS has continuous radar tracking
on inbounds.

:41:17
Confidence is high.
I repeat, confidence is high.





http://www.cswap.com/1983/WarGames/cap/en/25fps/a/00_42

WarGames


:42:03
SAC, this is Crystal Palace.
CinC NORAD has declared DEFCON 3.

:42:08
Scramble all alert aircraft.
I repeat, scramble all alert aircraft.

:42:12
Inbounds presently MIRVing.

:42:15
We now have approximately
24 possible targets in track.

:42:19
- New time to impact: eight minutes.
- SAC is launching the bombers.

:42:22
- General Powers is on the line.
- Beringer.

:42:26
Goddamn it! We didn't get
a launch detection from our satellite.

:42:30
Radar picked 'em up already out of the
atmosphere. That's the first we heard of it.

:42:36
Get the ICBMs in the bullpen
warmed up and ready to fly.

:42:40
- Get me the president on the horn.
- Yes, sir.

:42:49
Mr President? This is Beringer at NORAD.