Monday, December 07, 2009

Battlestar Galactica (2003)




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259711/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Vanilla Sky (2001)


David: Do you remember what you told me once? That every passing minute is a another chance to turn it all around.

SofĂ­a: I'll find you again.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04:15 AM

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006


And I was thinking about how convincing Kurt Russell's character was in Vanilla Sky as he was arguing that he was a real person.


Kerry Burgess wrote:


I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.

The word "convergence" is on my mind this morning. I was thinking there was something in Star Trek: TNG on that topic, but I'm not sure which one it would be. Maybe that one where Picard and Crusher can read each other's minds.

Over this past week, when the memories, I guess they are memories, started entering my mind, I have been interpreting them in terms of what seem to be my false memories.

That part in the movie Cast Away where Tom Hanks sees his former girlfriend arguing with her husband in the parking lot is what seems familar to me. It seems familar in the context of what my memory-sister told me about the person I think of as Tamara. I think details of reality are scattered in with my false memory.


I've been thinking today, in terms of that movie Impostor, that a war would be pretty brutal with an alien race, especially for the POWs if there wasn't a lot of knowledge about the other race.

{{{{{










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:26:25


Jacob Benson: It's not fair.

Dr. Helen Benson: No. No, it isn't fair.

Jacob Benson: He left me alone.

Dr. Helen Benson: Oh, baby. You're not alone. And he didn't leave you. I see him in you all the time. All the time. Sometimes, it's hard for me to bear.

Jacob Benson: You miss him too?

Dr. Helen Benson: So much. I'm sorry.

Jacob Benson: I'm sorry.

Dr. Helen Benson: Okay. It's all right. He's here to help.

Klaatu: There's another side to you. I feel it now.

Dr. Helen Benson: Is that how it ends?

Klaatu: Yes.

Dr. Helen Benson: You can't stop it?

Klaatu: I don't know. It would come at a price... to you and your way of life.

Dr. Helen Benson: But we can change. You know that now. Please. Please, just give us a chance.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marshals_Service

United States Marshals Service

The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is a United States federal law enforcement agency within the United States Department of Justice (see 28 U.S.C. § 561) and is the oldest federal law enforcement agency in the United States.

The USMS is the enforcement arm of the United States federal courts. U.S. Marshals protect court officers










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 08/02/09 1:39 AM
That is a period of almost exactly 19 years. What that reminds me of is what I wrote about how Kerry Burgess had been together with his girlfriend or maybe they were married by then, for slightly more than 1 year before he was killed.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1995/Batman_Forever/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_44

Batman Forever


:44:18
It's happening again.

:44:21
A monster comes out of the night,
a scream, two shots.

:44:26
I killed them.

:44:28
What did you say?

:44:30
He killed them.

:44:31
Two-Face.

:44:32
He slaughtered that boy's parents.

:44:35
No, no.

:44:36
You said, ''I killed them.''

:44:50
Take care of the kid.

:44:52
Certainly, sir.

:45:01
Can I help you settle in, Master Grayson?

:45:05
No.

:45:06
Thanks, I won't be staying long.

:45:11
Is this a robin?

:45:16
My brother's wire broke once
and I swung out and grabbed him.

:45:21
My father said I was his hero.

:45:24
I flew in like a robin.

:45:28
Some hero I turned out to be.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 27, 2006


http://www.planet4589.org/space/jsr/back/news.206

In June, the first launch of an advanced Pegasus XL from the L-1011 Stargazer carrier plane ended in failure; the cause has been identified as aerodynamic problems due to faulty hydro simulations (no wind tunnel testing was done).




http://www.satobs.org/seesat/Jun-1996/0230.html

"*Stargazer* is a specially modified Lockheed Martin L-1011 TriStar jumbo jet that's based at Meadows Field in Bakersfield," stated Jim Spellman, executive director for the National Space Society's Western Spaceport Chapter in Kern, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo county.

"It was named by OSC team members in honor of the first 'starship' commanded by fictional character Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the *Star Trek: The Next Generation* television series," Spellman added. The aircraft serves as the "first stage" by carrying the Pegasus XL rocket up to its 40,000 foot release point over the Pacific Ocean near Vandenberg AFB in Santa Barbara county.

"Upon release from *Stargazer* and a five-second freefall, the Pegasus XL's solid propellant rocket ignites

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/26/07 5:43 PM


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

Memorable quotes for
Gremlins (1984)

Kate: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.

Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?

Kate: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no
Santa Claus.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

Apollo 8 was the second manned mission of the Apollo space program, in which Commander Frank Borman, Command Module Pilot James Lovell and Lunar Module Pilot William Anders became the first humans to orbit around the Moon. It was also the first manned launch of the Saturn V rocket.

NASA prepared for the mission in only four months. The hardware involved had only been used a few times—the Saturn V had launched only twice before, and the Apollo spacecraft had only just finished its first manned mission, Apollo 7. However, the success of the mission paved the way for the successful completion of U.S. President John F. Kennedy's goal of landing on the Moon before the end of the decade.

After launching on December 21, 1968, the crew took three days to travel to the Moon, which they orbited for 20 hours. While in lunar orbit the crew made a Christmas Eve television broadcast in which they read from the book of Genesis. It was the most watched broadcast to date.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/26/07 5:47 PM
From 9/25/1968 to 12/24/1968 is: 90 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_smith

Willard Christopher "Will" Smith, Jr. (September 25, 1968) is an Academy Award- and Golden Globe-nominated American actor, and a multiple Grammy-winning hip hop artist. He is one of a small group of people who have enjoyed success in three major entertainment media in the United States: film, television, and the music industry. Newsweek has named him the most powerful actor on the planet

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)


Polygraph Operator: I'm going to ask you a series of control questions. Are you currently in a seated position?

Klaatu: Yes.

Polygraph Operator: Are you human?

Klaatu: My body is.

Polygraph Operator: Do you feel pain?

Klaatu: My Body does.

Polygraph Operator: Are you aware of an impending attack on the planet earth?

Klaatu: You should let me go.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/27/07 4:23 PM
Hell, I could be secretly married right now to Phoebe Cates for all I know.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1994/Timecop/cap/en/25fps/a/00_08

Timecop


:08:18
There's never enough time.

:08:21
Never enough for what?

:08:23
To satisfy a woman.

:08:26
Then you never want
to miss an opportunity.

:08:29
Are you busy?

:08:32
I'm meeting my husband.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sun, February 12, 2006 11:34:56 AM

Subject: trophy wife

I don't really understand why men look for trophy wives. A trophy is something that sits on a shelf, unused, representing past glory, gathering dust. I want a sparkling wife that I intend to interact with at every opportunity.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 19, 2006 10:02:20 AM

Subject: Re: Star Trek: TNG: Time's Arrow, June 15, 1992


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I've started thinking about the similarities between my father and step-brother and Picards brother and nephew. And there's the image of movie poster from Generations that I just saw: two captains, one destiny. There's the "major" that shows up, I hear people stressing something about "marine air." What does it mean? I'm getting this weird sense that I have a wife and maybe even kid(s) somewhere, which troubles me somewhat. If that is true I hope my memory clicks into place somewhere along the line and I don't have to see them as strangers. It feels weird.

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)


Klaatu: This body will take some getting used to.

Regina Jackson: I've been sent here to determine who or what you represent and what your intentions are.

Klaatu: It feels unreal to me. Alien. It will take time to adapt.

Helen Benson: What were you before you were human?

Klaatu: Different.

Helen Benson: Different how?

Klaatu: It would only frighten you.










http://www.cswap.com/1984/Star_Trek_III:_The_Search_for_Spock/cap/en/25fps/a/00_29

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock


:29:56
What is it?

:29:58
Spock's burial robe.

:30:16
No, absolutely not, Jim.
You're my best officer.

:30:19
But I am Commander, Starfleet,
so I don't break rules.

:30:22
Don't quote rules to me. I'm talking
about loyalty and sacrifice.

:30:27
One man who's died for us, another
with deep emotional problems.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37786&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Proclamation 5520 - National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1986

August 28, 1986

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Courage and sacrifice are no strangers to America. In every war since our first struggle for independence, America's prisoners of war have endured terrible hardships and have been called upon to make extraordinary sacrifices. The bravery, perseverance, and profound devotion to duty of our POWs and MIAs have earned them a place of honor in the hearts of all Americans. Their heroism is an inspiration to future generations. Their spirit of hope and their commitment to the defense of freedom are a claim on our loyalty to them.

All Americans are also deeply moved by the pain and suffering endured by the families and friends of those who remain missing or unaccounted for. We share both their burden and their commitment to secure the release of any U.S. personnel who may still be held against their will, to recover the missing, to resolve the accounting, and to relieve the suffering of our missing servicemen. Until the P.O.W./M.I.A. issue has been resolved, it will continue to be a matter of the highest national priority. As a symbol of this national commitment, the P.O.W./M.I.A. Flag will fly over the White House, the Departments of State and Defense, the Veterans' Administration, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on September 19, 1986. It will also fly over the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

In order to recognize the special debt all Americans owe to the men and women who gave up their freedom in the service of our country and to reaffirm our commitment to their families, the Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 220, has designated September 19, 1986, as "National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day," and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of this occasion.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 19, 1986, as National P.O.W./M.I.A. Recognition Day. I call on all Americans to join in honoring all former American prisoners of war, those still missing, and their families who have made extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of this country. I also call upon State and local officials and private organizations to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-eighth day of August, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-six, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and eleventh.

RONALD REAGAN










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37526

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Nomination of Herbert E. Horowitz To Be United States Ambassador to The Gambia

July 1, 1986

The President today announced his intention to nominate Herbert E. Horowitz, of Florida, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, as Ambassador to the Republic of The Gambia.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_SEALs_(film)

Navy SEALs (film)

Distributed by Orion Pictures

Release date(s) July 20, 1990

Navy SEALs is a 1990 action film


The team receives their orders for the next mission. Naval Intelligence has heard that the Stinger missiles are onboard a merchant ship, The Latanya, off the coast of Syria. The SEALs deploy from a submerged submarine, the USS Nyack, and board the ship, avoiding the Muslim pilgrims on the ship and locate the missiles. They face another serious danger as the missiles might be booby-trapped. The SEALs successfully board the ship and neutralize two disguised gunmen










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/20/2006 9:27 AM
Maybe that was the cover story in case any one found the photos I took of the other two crew members on the surface. Since the photos were never released, the cover story about

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0994352/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"Lost"

There's No Place Like Home: Part 2 (2008)

Sun Kwon: Where's Jin? It's Jin! Jin! Jin! We have to go back! Turn around!

Frank Lapidus: We can't do it!

Sun Kwon: But we have to! We need to go back!










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Wednesday, September 07, 2005


[ Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe ]I now began to consider seriously my condition, and the circumstance I was reduced to, and I drew up the state of my affairs in writing, not so much to leave them to any that were to come after me, for I was like to have but few heirs, as to deliver my thoughts from daily poring upon them, and afflicting my mind; and as my reason began now to master my despondency, I began to comfort myself as well as I could, and to set the good against the evil, that I might have something to distinquish my case from worse; and I stated it very impartially, like debtor and creditor, the comforts I enjoyed against the miseries I suffered, thus: -

Evil: I am cast upon a horrible desolate island, void of all hope of recovery. Good: But I am alive, and not drowned, as all my ship's company was.

Evil: I am singled out and separated as it were, from all the world, to be miserable. Good: But I am singled out, too, from all the ship's crew to be spared from death; and He that miraculously saved me from death can deliver me from this condition.

Evil: I am divided from mankind, a solitaire, one banished from human society. Good: But I am not starved, and perishing on a barren place, affording no sustenance.

Evil: I have no clothes to cover me. Good: But I am in a hot climate, where, if I had clothes, I could hardly wear them.

Evil: I am without any defence or means to resist any violence of man or beast. Good: But I am cast on an island where I see no wild beasts to hurt me, as I saw on the coast of Africa; and what if I had been shipwrecked there?

Evil: I have no soul to speak to, or relieve me. Good: But God wonderfully sent the ship in near enough to the shore, that I have gotten out so many necessary things as will either supply myself even as long as I live.

Upon the whole, here was an undoubted testimony, that there was scarce any condition in the world so miserable, but there was something negative or something positive to be thankful for in it; and let this stand as a direction from the experience of the most miserable of all conditions in this world, that we may always find in it something to comfort ourselves from, and to set in the description of good and evil, on the credit side of the account.



Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The joy of seeing a ship

I cannot express the confusion I was in, though the joy of seeing a ship, and one that I had reason to believe was manned by my own countrymen, and consequently friends, was such as I cannot describe; but yet I had some secret doubts hung about me - I cannot tell from whence they came - bidding me keep upon my guard. In the first place, it occurred to me to consider what business an English ship could have in that part of the world, since it was not the way to or from any part of the world where the English had any traffic; and I knew there had been no storms to drive them in there in distress; and that if they were really English it was most probable that they were here upon no good design; and that I had better continue as I was than fall into the hands of thieves and murderers.

Let no man despise the secret hints and notices of danger which sometimes are given him when he may think there is no possibility of its being real. That such hints and notices are given us I believe few that have made any observation of things can deny; that they are certain discoveries of an invisible world, and a converse of spirits, we cannot doubt; and if the tendency of them seems to be to warn us of danger, why should we not suppose they are from some friendly agent (whether supreme, or inferior and subordinate, is not the question), and that they are given for our good?

Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/17/07 4:28 PM

After that dream about the dinosaurs eating the tree I was in, which was actually probably a giraffe or elephant when I was lost in Africa

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/6/2006 7:58 PM
This is interesting. If I am correct about all this, this would have been the ten year anniversary of when I landed on Mars. And I have been thinking that I was captive and/or missing in Africa during this timeframe in 1986. This especially seems relevant now in 2006

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/1/2006 10:04 PM
I just awoke with this notion, which would probably indicate its significance. I have written that I was shot down over Libya or Chad on 2/14/86. I wrote further that I was then declared legally dead on 11/25/86 because they lost contact with me.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/2/2006 1:08 PM
Those vague “memories” of people joking about the dead Challenger astronauts probably reflect the interrogation by the Libyans in 1986. The drugged me up to the point of hallucination, and then started to pretend they were Americans who then tormented me, trying to break my resistance. It is why I wrote in my journal a while back that I thought the Iranians had taken over the country. They were doing all this to me at Microsoft and then it was all around me everywhere I went.

{{{{{










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34289&st=&st1=

Remarks at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences Commencement Ceremony

May 16th, 1987

Thank you all very much. And Secretary Weinberger, Chairman Olch, Dean Sanford, members of the graduating class, and ladies and gentlemen, I must tell you before I start how relieved I was when Dean Sanford told me that I was going to walk on after the procession. I thought that I was going to come in with the dean, and with his reputation, I'd been afraid that the good news was that we might perch on the backstage rafters and rappel in— [laughter] —and the bad news, that we'd jump from 10,000 feet. [Laughter] But it's a pleasure to be here to welcome you the graduates of this the West Point and Annapolis and Colorado Springs for physicians into your new profession as military and Public Health Service doctors.


When I hear about the can-do spirit of America's doctors in uniform, it reminds me of a story about a group of marines. I hope those of you in the other services will forgive me for telling this, but the get-it-done spirit applies to all of America's physicians in uniform. These marines had been sent to the Army airborne school for training. And came the day for the first jump, the training officer told them that the planes would come in at 1,500 feet, they would jump from the plane, hit the ground, and move south. The marines seemed a little disturbed by this, and they went into a huddle. Then one of them as a spokesman for the group went to the officer and asked couldn't the plane come in at 500 feet instead of 1,500? And the officer explained that if they took the plane in too low, it wouldn't give them time for the parachutes to open. And he said, "Oh, you mean we're wearing parachutes?" [Laughter]


A quarter century ago, Douglas MacArthur gave his farewell address to the Long Gray Line, the cadets of West Point. He stood in the vast hall of the academy, below the balcony they call the poop deck, and spoke about the soul, not just of the Army but of all the services that you now enter. "The Long Gray Line," he said, "has never failed us. Were you to do so, a million ghosts in olive drab, in brown khaki, in blue and gray would rise from their white crosses thundering those magic words: duty, honor, country."

Duty, honor, country—the motto of West Point. And like the men and women of West Point and all of our military institutions, our physicians in uniform have never failed us. They've been ready when called; ready for hardship and sacrifice










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=5353&st=&st1=

653 - Remarks on Arrival at Jacksonville Naval Air Station, Florida.

November 2nd, 1975


Admiral Green, Captain Bernstein, Mayor Tanzler, Senator Chiles, Congress. man Burke, distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen:

First, I am deeply grateful for the warm welcome by Admiral Green and all of you from the Jacksonville Naval Air Station. I am most appreciative, on behalf of Mrs. Ford and myself, that so many of you have come out on a Sunday on this occasion.

As all of you know, I am in the process of having further very important meetings with President Sadat of Egypt. It is quite interesting, in my judgment, that I am meeting this afternoon with a man who represents a country whose history goes back literally centuries and centuries and centuries.

And at the same time, I am in a part of our country where we have some contrast between the old and the new. Jacksonville is a relatively modern city, historically, and certainly a very progressive city in our development of our great country.

But not far from here we have the oldest city in the United States--St. Augustine. So, in a relatively small part of this great country, we have a history that goes back from the very beginning and a community that represents. progress and tremendous enthusiasm and drive.

I believe this shows the diversity of America. And this diversity in this great country is one of our strengths as we meet the challenges both at home and abroad.

But we cannot, in this country, solve our problems at home or meet our commitments internationally if we don't have a strong national defense program. It is vitally important for peace that we have a national defense program second to none.

All of you at the naval air station in Jacksonville perform a great service in that regard. I know of the missions and responsibilities that you have here. You have the helicopter antisubmarine warfare unit that does a tremendous job. You have the long-range naval capability in the antisubmarine warfare area. You have nuclear-powered naval vessels.

This naval air station is a vital part of our total national security capability, and what you do here protects 214 million Americans. And on behalf of them, I thank you for your contribution.

A long, long time ago, I was a part of the Navy. I was very proud of that association for some 47 months. I learned a lot. I hope I contributed a little. But I know from firsthand experiences the trials and tribulations of serving in our uniformed services.

The men and women who serve do a superb job. But the wives and the children of men in service--Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard-are likewise making a great contribution, because I know of the sacrifices they make over the years in performing their part of this service.










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Star_Trek:_First_Contact/cap/en/25fps/a/01_17

Star Trek: First Contact


1:17:02
- Blow up the damn ship!
- No!

1:17:20
I will not sacrifice the Enterprise.

1:17:23
We've made
too many compromises already.

1:17:28
They invade our space,
and we fall back.

1:17:32
They assimilate entire worlds,
and we fall back.

1:17:36
Not again. The line must be drawn here.
This far and no further.

1:17:43
And I will make them pay
for what they've done.

1:18:13
You broke your little ships.

1:18:25
See you around, Ahab.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Battlestar Galactica (2003) (TV)


[his decommissioning speech]

Adama: The Cylon War is long over, yet we must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom. The cost of wearing the uniform can be high, but...

[very long pause]

Adama: sometimes it's too high. You know, when we fought the Cylons, we did it to save ourselves from extinction. But we never answered the question "Why?" Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder because of greed and spite, jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done, like we did with the Cylons. We decided to play God, create life. And when that life turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"The Angriest Angel"

February 11, 1996

Episode 15 DVD:

00:09:47


Lt. Colonel T.C. McQueen: "Looking darkly upon Hektor swift-footed Achilleus answered 'I cannot forgive you. As there are no trustworthy oaths between men and lions there can be no love between you and me. One of the other must fall before then to glut with his blood, Ares, the god who fights under the shields guard. Remember every valor of yours for now the need comes hardest upon you to be a spearman and a bold warrior. There shall be no escape for you. You will pay in a lump for all those sorrows of my companions you killed in your spear's fury.'"