Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What happened - can't you see that Russian trawler?




"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Toy Soldiers"

February 18, 1996

Episode 16 DVD:

00:19:09


1LT Nathan West: Neil. Watch your six with Herrick.

Private Neil West: First, you tell me not to enlist, and now you're telling me what to do?

1LT Nathan West: The guy thinks he's John Wayne.

Private Neil West: Who?

1LT Nathan West: Look, I've seen his kind before, all right? Long on gung ho with nothing to back it up except a squad of men.

Private Neil West: He's my C.O.

1LT Nathan West: Doesn't mean he knows what he's doing.

Private Neil West: Well, how do I know you know what you're doing? The only fight I've ever seen you in was with Craig MacPherson when he asked Kylen to the winter dance. Look, Nathan, I may be a rookie, but one look around here - I can tell this ain't no winter dance.

1LT Nathan West: I've been through a lot. I've seen a lot. All right, Herrick's never even seen battle. He's got a lot to learn. Don't be his guinea pig. He'll learn it with your life, my life and the life of every one of your buddies.