Saturday, December 05, 2009

Time machine




http://www.cswap.com/1985/Back_to_the_Future/cap/en/4_Parts/a/00_21

Back to the Future


:21:48
I sent him into the future.

:21:52
One minute into the future, to be exact.

:21:54
At precisely 1:21 a.m. and zero seconds...

:21:57
...we shall catch up with him
and the time machine.

:22:04
Wait a minute, Doc.

:22:07
Are you telling me that
you built a time machine...

:22:11
-...out of a DeLorean?
-The way I see it...

:22:13
...if you're going to build a time machine
into a car, why not do it with style?










From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was the lead C-141A pilot transporting home the American POWs ) to 7/3/1985 ( premiere US film "Back to the Future" ) is: 4524 days

4524 = 2261 + 2261

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 5/12/1965 ( I am active duty U.S. Navy aviator and U.S. Astronaut ) is: 2261 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088763/

Back to the Future (1985)

Release Date: 3 July 1985 (USA)










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Top_Gun/cap/en/25fps/a/00_36

Top Gun


:36:05
Top Gun rules of engagement exist
for your safety and for that of your team.

:36:10
They're not flexible, nor am l. Obey them
or you're history. Is that clear?.

:36:19
Yes, sir!

:36:29
Dismissed.

:36:36
I really enjoyed that, Mav,
thanks a lot. Holy shit.

:36:45
Maybe I could be a truck driver. You got
the number of that truck-driving school?

:36:52
Fitness report says it all.
He's a wild card.

:36:58
Completely unpredictable.

:37:02
- He got you, didn't he?
- Yeah.










http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-history-f14a.htm

F-14A: The Beginning

In 1968 the F-14 program was born with the Navy's proposal for the VFX (Navy Fighter Experimental) and resulted in Grumman's general design 303 (see below). The VFX required a fighter with a two-man crew with tandem seating, two engines, an advanced weapon system with a powerful radar plus the ability to carry a variety of long-, medium- and short-range high-performance air-to-air missiles and an internal gun. Furthermore, the VFX should be able to land on a carrier with a full armament load


The first flight of the #1 prototype F-14A took place on December 21, 1970. All in all, fourteen aircraft were used for the development programm, 12 of them instrumented. Of those 12, two were used for the development of the Hughes Phoenix Missile System at Hughes Aircraft Corporation at Point Mugu, CA


Day 1, First Flight!

The photograph (click on it to view larger format picture!) shows #1 prototype shortly before its maiden flight on December 21st 1970.


On 30 December 1970, on the aircraft's second flight, the #1 Tomcat was lost due to failure of a hydraulic pump which caused a total loss of flight controls. The crew managed to eject safely and the aircraft crashed short of the runway at Grumman's Calverton facilities in New York.





http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-serial.htm

F-14 Bureau Numbers

All in all some 712 F-14s were built by Grumman



http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-serial-01.htm#01

BuNo Type Unit Modex # Date

F-14A-01-GR

157980 F-14A Grumman 1st prototype suffered hydraulic failure on second flight and crashed into woods while on approach to Calverton.

crashed 30.12.1970.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 26, 2006 4:42:03 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 26, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:

At one event, the shocks failed on my blue truck and someone commented later he thought I was going to bounce off the road because the chassis was shaking so much from any pothole I hit. Another time something went wrong with the brakes and they were screeching incredibly loudly. I can think of a lot of things like that happening.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, May 24, 2006 8:32:44 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 24, 2006, Supplemental


I have this memory of my first vehicle. It was a 1967 red Ford pickup. I had an after school job and my parents loaned me the $500 dollars for it. Was I in tenth or eleventh grade when I got it? (That reminds me, I had another girlfriend in the 11th grade with the initials R.R.) Most people ridiculed the truck, claiming it was a piece of junk. But I loved it.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 26, 2006 4:42:03 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 26, 2006


One day, I "launched" my '67 blue Chev. out onto Hicks Road. Earlier, I had been doing something with the front wheels and apparently, I forgot to tighten the lug nuts. I got about a half mile down the road and the front end started shaking violently. Just as I was about to cross over this small wooden bridge, I saw the left front wheel shot up and away down to the edge of the creek I was about to pass over. The truck dropped over to the left a little bit and I managed to keep it from running off the bridge where I stopped on the other side. I left a groove in the road from that incident.

That happened again sometime later on the way to school. Micheal had told me something looked wrong with the left wheel but I drove anyway. Shortly after that, I saw that familar sight of the wheel shooting up and away to the left as the front end slammed into the pavement. This time the spindle had broken off because it hadn't been greased. Mt future-brother-in-law went out into the field and got the wheel for me. Then a schoolbus came by. My buddy who was later an Air Force mechanic, gave me a ride to school in his midget car. Not sure what kind of car that was. Denzil was at home on vacation that day and he sent out a tow truck to get my truck.


Kerry Burgess wrote:
The fox hunt organizers and the adult field judges were complimentary about my performance because I really got out there and scored the dogs. Micheal laughed during my first fox hunt when I asked if we used a shotgun or a rifle to shoot the fox. I can remember early on after I started judging, when I was still traveling with an adult, I hauled ass across this open field to get the number of a dog out by itself. We hadn't seen much that day and I wanted to score something. The dog came over to lick my hand and I disqualified it. Another time, we were around a campfire one cold night and I was lying on my back on the cold ground and he told me I was going to get sick. We always wore coveralls when we were out there. I have kept a set of those coveralls in all the years since. I think even in my Jeep until I lost it last year, I had a set of those coveralls. I can almost remember feeling naked without them. At one event, the shocks failed on my blue truck and someone commented later he thought I was going to bounce off the road because the chassis was shaking so much from any pothole I hit. Another time something went wrong with the brakes and they were screeching incredibly loudly. I can think of a lot of things like that happening. The frustration of waiting for the gas station to open up, my step-father telling me about how he had almost run out of gas in his truck.

There was that dialog with Donald Gene after I wrecked my Ford. I said: You all right? He said: Yeah, you all right? Yeah, I said. Let's get the hell out of here! I think his door opened but I had to crawl through the window because mine wouldn't open and gas was pouring out next to me.

{{{{{










1984 film "Night of the Comet" DVD movie:

00:27:32


DJ voice recording tape: Well, it's time to reach into the old mailbag here. Got a letter from

Samantha: Beam me up, Scotty.

Hector: Okay, girls. Hold it right there. You, the blonde, get into the light.

Regina: Wait. Why don't you just let my sister go. And maybe you and I can work something out.

Samantha: I'm not going anywhere!

Regina: Shut up!

Hector: You got the wrong idea. You, into the light. I'll give you to five. One, two... No? All right. Let's try it this way. Five, four, three -

Samantha: Okay, okay. Do you get a lot of dates this way?

Hector: Open your eyes. Okay. Hey, I know what you're thinking, but -

Regina: That you're a cretin?

Hector: Sweetheart, you haven't seen those freaked-out zombies running around here?

Regina: Yeah, I was jumped by one.

Hector: Well, you got off lucky. Me and this girl pulled into town this morning.

Samantha: You don't work here?

Hector: No. I drive a truck. I was heading to San Diego with this girl I picked up. We were looking for a gas station. That's when we spotted one of those... Whatever they are.










}}}}}JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason. Anyway, if it really was her, she actually doesn't have to worry about dressing down if we were to go out. Of course, if I have my way, it would be a moot point because why would I want to go out with her when I am in such an ugly situation? At the minimum, I would want to be back to work so that I have regained some independence. And hey, next time you are in my dreams, dear imaginary girlfriend, how about wearing a bikini? Red would be good, or yellow maybe. That would be sweet!

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, May 25, 2006 10:01:46 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 25, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:

I crashed my '67 red Ford one day during an activity we called a fox hunt, which isn't very much like the British activity, or so I guess, I've never seen the British version. My passenger in the truck, whom I don't believe is a real person, was Donald Gene Chauncy, a family friend. I was a field judge in the exercise, working to get to the location where the dogs crossed a road so I could write down their numbers and score them on various attributes of the chase. I was driving too fast down a gravel road, the truck started fish-tailing, and I hit a stump that flipped the truck upside down. I can still remember seeing Donald Gene flopping around as the truck flipped. I had a box of shotgun shells on the dashboard although we didn't actually shot at the foxes. Then I'm trying to get out and there is gasoline pouring out next to me, I had an almost full tank having filled up not much earlier. I had a serious scrape on my arm that my step-father, D.D., poured alcohol over, and seemed surprised that I didn't cry in pain. So anyway, some time later, I sold that damaged pickup bought the '67 Chevrolet from one of the Chauncey's. One day, I was taking out the seat of the Chev. to clean the cab and my mother told me to remember what happened last time I took out the seat. Just before I crashed my red Ford, I had taken the seat out of it. I have this crazy notion in my head that this pickup's represent aircraft and the seat I took out of the Ford, was actually the ejection seat of a jet.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1964/Goldfinger/cap/en/25fps/a/00_22

Goldfinger


:22:27
Now, pay attention, please.

:22:30
Windscreen-bulletproof.
As are the side and the rear windows.

:22:35
Revolving number plates, naturally.

:22:37
Valid all countries.

:22:40
Here's a nice little transmitting device,
called a homer.

:22:44
You prime it by pressing that back
like this. You see?

:22:47
The smaller model is now
standard field issue,

:22:50
to be fitted into the heel of your shoe.

:22:52
Its larger brother is magnetic.

:22:55
Right. It'll be concealed in the car
you're trailing while you keep out of sight.

:23:01
Reception

:23:03
on the dashboard here.

:23:07
Audiovisual, range 150 miles.

:23:10
Ingenious, and useful too.

:23:12
Allow a man to stop off
for a quick one en route.

:23:15
It has not been perfected
out of years of patient research

:23:18
entirely for that purpose, 007.

:23:22
And incidentally we'd appreciate its
return, along with your other equipment.

:23:26
Intact, for once,
when you return from the field.

:23:29
You'd be surprised at the wear and tear
that goes on out there in the field.

:23:33
- Anything else?
- I won't keep you for more than an hour

:23:36
if you give me
your undivided attention.

:23:39
We've installed
some interesting modifications.

:23:41
You see this arm here?

:23:45
Now, open the top and inside are
your defence mechanism controls.

:23:49
Smoke screen. Oil slick.

:23:51
Rear bulletproof screen.

:23:53
And left and right
front-wing machine guns.

:23:56
Now, this one I'm particularly keen about.
You see the gear lever here?

:24:00
Now, if you take the top off,

:24:02
you'll find a little red button.

:24:05
- Whatever you do, don't touch it.
- And why not?

:24:08
Because you'll release
this section of the roof

:24:11
and engage and fire
the passenger ejector seat.

:24:15
Ejector seat? You're joking!

:24:17
I never joke about my work, 007.