Friday, December 31, 2010

False memory




I still have not figured out the how and why I "remember" being at the wooded summit of Stampede Pass that is a dirt road through the woods up there. I can still visualize that detail but there is still just no way by conscious memory can reconcile that visualization. I did have have an automobile that I would have driven up there until several years before I would have gone up there. I have these memories of 1998 where I was looking at the place a lot while I was still in South Carolina, before I would have even know what that place was, and I think those memories are real. I think my memories of living in that last apartment are real. That was all part of a the undercover identity that was being established regardless of whether I used it or not. There was one day in 1998 when I just suddenly appeared and in my mind that artificial identity was my true identity and that was the identity I assumed. But what about Stampede Pass ..... ah, yes. Stampede. A stampede. Cattle. Horses.