Thursday, December 09, 2010

Mountain-top




The scene of "Kirk" chopping wood is familiar in my artificial memory of 1994 but only of one specific detail. The wood that is stacked nearby and that was cut by a chainsaw or similar device is just about a precise match to the appearance of the wood I "remember" using an axe to chop up for the fireplace in that house I "remember" owning in the Country Club Estates in Greer South Carolina. The house and the lot was wooded and private and there is a remote resemblance to how private the backyard was, excerpt for zombies that could lurk around, but there was no mountain range looming nearby. I cannot "remember precisely that winter I "remember" using an electric chain saw to cut down all those trees on my lot that I later chopped up for fire wood but that would have definitely been 1993 or 1994, in terms of my artificial memory. My memory, that memory that circulates in my mind at this moment is all fiction. All those details are fabricated and if not completely fabricated then something was changed to the context of the memory. For example, I might "remember" chopping wood in a similar setting because I was on the set of that film for that scene and I was chopping wood for some reason and those details are now fabricated into my artificial memory as some kind of diversion to keep me from remembering the truth. I have many reasons for lying to myself about reality and some reasons are because there are people I care about that are better off because I am lying to myself even at this very moment but I am not lying to myself as much as I was ten years ago because as time passes I am allowed to gradually stop lying to myself.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Trek_Generations_CD2.html

Star Trek Generations


Jim, I'm starving. How long are you|going to rattle around in that kitchen?
Antonia.
What are you talking about?|The future?
This is the past. Nine years ago.
The day I told her|I was going back to Starfleet.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106977/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Fugitive (1993)


Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: And don't let them give you any shit about your pony tail.

Newman: I won't.

Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Well done young man.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106977

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

The Fugitive (1993)

Release Date: 6 August 1993 (USA)










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sunday, October 21, 2007 Posted by H.V.O.M at 2:39 PM


In the context of my artificial and symbolic memory, I can "remember" Tracie Rhodes wanting me to ask her father, Joseph, for permission to marry her. Tracie's birthday, in the context of my artificial and symbolic memory, was July 16th. We met when she started working at the First Federal bank in Greenville, although she worked at the branches in Clemson, South Carolina, which is home to the Clemson Tigers. I lived nearby in Central, South Carolina, off Issaqueena Trail, before I moved to Country Club Estates in Greer, South Carolina. Her job was to restock the ATM machines with cash while my job was to repair the machines if they broke down. She would call me out if any repairs were needed. Her mother was named Betty, same as my grandmother. Joseph was also the name of my father


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 October 2007 excerpt ends]