Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Behind my sarcasm desperate memories lie




http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/heroesreturn.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Heroes Return"

Jesus Jesus what's it all about
trying to clout these little ingrates into shape
when i was their age all the lights went out
there was no time to whine and mope about
and even now part of me flies over
dresden at angels one five
though they'll never fathom it behind my
sarcasm desperate memories lie
sweetheart sweetheart are you fast asleep, good
'cos that's the only time that i can really [ speak ] to you
and there is something that i've locked away
a memory that is too painful
to withstand the light of day
when we came back from the war the banners and
flags hung on everyones door
we danced and we sang in the street and
the church bells rang
but burning in my heart
my memory smoulders on
of the gunners dying words on the intercom










1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video:


Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Captain, I'm wondering, do you realize -

Starfleet Captain James T. Kirk: Hold on. Do you smell something burning? Looks like somebody was trying to cook some eggs. Come on in. It's all right. It's my house. At least it used to be. I sold it years ago.

Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I'm Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship ...










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 27, 2006


http://www.planet4589.org/space/jsr/back/news.206

In June, the first launch of an advanced Pegasus XL from the L-1011 Stargazer carrier plane ended in failure; the cause has been identified as aerodynamic problems due to faulty hydro simulations (no wind tunnel testing was done).




http://www.satobs.org/seesat/Jun-1996/0230.html

"*Stargazer* is a specially modified Lockheed Martin L-1011 TriStar jumbo jet that's based at Meadows Field in Bakersfield," stated Jim Spellman, executive director for the National Space Society's Western Spaceport Chapter in Kern, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo county.

"It was named by OSC team members in honor of the first 'starship' commanded by fictional character Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the *Star Trek: The Next Generation* television series," Spellman added. The aircraft serves as the "first stage" by carrying the Pegasus XL rocket up to its 40,000 foot release point over the Pacific Ocean near Vandenberg AFB in Santa Barbara county.

"Upon release from *Stargazer* and a five-second freefall, the Pegasus XL's solid propellant rocket ignites


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal June 7, 2006, Supplemental

It is interesting to look at the map for that one place I lived, in my artificial memory at least, in Charlotte, NC. My street address was Dresden, for which I have felt some discomfort that I don't want to discuss very much, it produces something almost like dread for what I thought was an obvious reason. I started thinking more about it in terms of the Falklands War and I wonder what it means. A close-by street is named Sheffield. And that near-by park named Sheffield is I think where I remember stopping in one Saturday morning to watch some kind of Little League baseball game, which I remember enjoyed watching because it reminded me of playing baseball in my youth. All this, my apartment, the park, most of where I was riding my bicycle, was in between the two main roads Independance and Central. There is also that Sharon Amity street. Also nearby, although I don't remember actually knowing it at the time I lived there and notice it listed on the map, was the Evergreen Cemetary. I was living on Dresden when I was contract working for Microsoft Charlotte, but I can't remember if I was living there when I started or if I was still living at Arrowood.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 7 June 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/15/2006 9:20 PM


I lived very close to Clemson University and traveled into Clemson often to service the bank branches in that town. I have been trying to think of why that was and I guess it could be because of the Tigers. I suspect though that the primary reason for me being there was because I lived in Central. After that, I bought that house in Greer, SC, at Country Club Estates and moved out there until I moved to Arrowood in Charlotte, NC. From there I went across town to Dresden off Independence with the nearby Sheffield Park, and then I moved back near Arrowood to Whitehall. After that, I moved to Paces River in Rock Hill, SC, off Exit 82 of I-77.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/27/2006 3:12 PM
After moving from that apartment on Dresden near Sheffield Park and off Independence Boulevard, I moved to Whitehall Estates when


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehall

Whitehall is a road in Westminster in London, the capital of the United Kingdom. It is the main artery running north from Parliament Square, centre of national government, towards the traditional Charing Cross, now at the southern end of Trafalgar Square and marked by the statue of Charles I, which is often regarded as the heart of London for its residents and tourists. Along its way it is lined by many government ministries; "Whitehall" is therefore also frequently used as a metonym for governmental administration, as well as being a geographic name for the surrounding district .


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/27/10 5:38 AM


I was on Riverchase, which was close to the river. There was a Riverside that was nearby.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/27/10 5:40 AM
That was at Paces Landing. That sure was a nice apartment, at least compare to here. The rent is probably about the same now, I guess. There was that wooded view outside my apartment and a creek that I could hear when the rain was heavy. The two bedrooms was nice, as well as the vaulted ceilings.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/27/10 5:45 AM
That was exit 82 off I-77.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 November 2010 excerpt ends]