Tuesday, December 21, 2010

U.F.P.




Jim Carrey sure does remind me of Mark Howe as I just now start watching this. In the context of my artificial memory, Mark Howe was my manager at Universal Financial Products when we worked in Greenville SC and then Charlotte NC.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 2, 2006


This just dawned on me last night: UFP. There was that company I worked for named Universal Financial Products, which means their initials are U.F.P. Those are also the initials for: United Federation of Planets. That's pretty funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Federation_of_Planets

In the Star Trek fictional universe, the United Federation of Planets (UFP) – widely referred to and known as merely the Federation – is an interstellar federal state of more than 150 member planets and thousands of colonies. It is the parent state of the Federation Starfleet.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/21/2006 8:39 PM
It seems important that my work history, earnings document, whatever it’s called, doesn’t list Ketterman’s Inc of Dallas. Instead, it has ISA-ISS listed for the times when I worked for Ketterman’s. I assume that is standard procedure because ISA-ISS bought out Ketterman’s who then ceased to exist. It seems like it is an important clue but I don’t know exactly what it means.

I also find it curious that the street address for ISA-ISS in Alexandria, VA


The detail is reinforced by the fact that universal Financial Products, or U.F.P., is listed as 620 Enterprise Drive. Not sure if Oakbrook, IL, means anything.

The next regular employer is listed as Eagle Business Systems which was in Columbia, SC.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 September 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/21/2006 2:15 PM


That’s it. That’s why I worked for that company. That is how these new revelations pop into my head. They usually start off with ‘that’s it.’ As I was watching the shuttle landing and listening to the commentary, it struck me: ISA-ISS. That is the name of a company I worked for in 1992, I guess was the year. I went to work for Ketterman’s Inc. of Dallas in 1990, but that company was bought out by ISA of Alexandria, VA, sometime in 1992. The CEO was a former Navy officer. My division was called ISS. The full name was something similar to Integrated Systems Analyst – Integrated Systems Services. BUT ISS is also International Space Station. I started thinking too that ISA is International Space Agency. I quit ISS to work for UFP. Their name was Universal Financial Products, but I also noticed that the initials are the same as United Federation of Planets from Star Trek.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 21 September 2006 excerpt ends]