Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Not the green pill.




U.S. Puts 1st Men ON MOON










Nigel resembles Joseph who was from Albany.










1991 film "Drop Dead Fred" DVD video:


Charles: This car looks great topless.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/hotelcalifornia.html

EAGLES LYRICS

"Hotel California"


On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes Benz
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain,
'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine'
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callisto_%28moon%29

Callisto (moon)

Callisto is a moon of the planet Jupiter, discovered in 1610 by Galileo Galilei. It is the third-largest moon in the Solar System and the second largest in the Jovian system, after Ganymede. Callisto has about 99% the diameter of the planet Mercury





http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profile.cfm?Object=Jup_Callisto

Jupiter: Moons: Callisto

With a diameter of over 4,800 km (2,985 miles), Callisto is the third largest satellite in the solar system and is almost the size of Mercury. Callisto is the outermost of the Galilean satellites, and orbits beyonds Jupiter's main radiation belts.

Callisto is the most heavily cratered object in the solar system. It is thought to be a long dead world





http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/galileo/news32.html

October 21, 1998

JUPITER'S MOON CALLISTO MAY HIDE SALTY OCEAN

Jupiter's second largest moon, Callisto, may have a liquid ocean tucked under its icy, cratered crust, according to scientists studying data gathered by NASA's Galileo spacecraft.

The Galileo findings, to be published in the Oct. 22 issue of the journal Nature, reveal similarities between Callisto and another of Jupiter's moons, Europa, which has already displayed strong evidence of a subsurface ocean.

"Until now, we thought Callisto was a dead and boring moon, just a hunk of rock and ice," said Dr. Margaret Kivelson, space physics professor at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and principal investigator for Galileo's magnetometer instrument, which measures magnetic fields around Jupiter and its moons. "The new data certainly suggest that something is hidden below Callisto's surface, and that something may very well be a salty ocean."





http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/12/971211074040.htm

Oxygen Discovered At Callisto's Surface, Sulfur Dioxide Sources At Io

ScienceDaily (Dec. 11, 1997) — New data from a University of Colorado at Boulder instrument on board the Galileo spacecraft now at Jupiter indicates one of its four large moons, Callisto, has oxygen on its surface










1991 film "Drop Dead Fred" DVD video:


Drop Dead Fred: What should we do?

Young Elizabeth: Let's make a run for it.

Drop Dead Fred: No, no. It's too late for that now. Snot-face, I'm going to take the rap alone.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 02/29/08 11:39 PM

I just had another dream about flying a jet in combat. I seemed to be in an F-14 Tomcat but after waking up, I think that was actually an F-4 Phantom I was flying and it was during the Vietnam War. The details are kind of fuzzy but I seemed to hear radio transmissions from other pilots in my group and at least two of them were under fire and had been shot down. I think more had been shot down that day. Then I was on the ground and I found myself with another pilot in my group and we were hiding on the side of a small hill near a small creek. I think we had heard gunfire and we were going to investigate it for some reason. Then a couple of kids appeared at the top of the hill and one had a pistol and was shooting at us. We ran off and split up and the other pilot looked to be running to cross the bridge while I was running to go under it. I told him before we split up that someone was running towards us with an AK-47 rifle. I could visualize my hands as I was grasping at vegatation as I was trying to get away but I was not getting away fast enough and the soldier with the AK-47 caught up to and I stood there anticipating getting shot in the chest with the rifle. The soldier looked at me though and then quickly turned around and began running in the other direction and in the dream, I was aware that the soldier was going after the other pilot, instead of me, for some reason. That is all I remember from the dream.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 29 February 2008 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Stockdale

James Stockdale

Vice Admiral James Bond Stockdale (December 23, 1923 – July 5, 2005) was one of the most highly decorated officers in the history of the United States Navy.

Stockdale led aerial attacks from the carrier USS Ticonderoga (CVA 14) during the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin Incident. On his next deployment, while Commander of Carrier Air Wing 16 aboard the carrier USS Oriskany (CVA 34), he was shot down over enemy territory on September 9, 1965. Stockdale was the highest-ranking naval officer held as a prisoner of war in Vietnam. He was awarded 26 personal combat decorations, including the Medal of Honor and four Silver Stars. During the late 1970s, he served as President of the Naval War College.

Stockdale was candidate for Vice President of the United States in the 1992 presidential election


As his introduction to the large segment of American voters who had not previously heard of him, the debate was disastrous for Stockdale. He was portrayed in the media as elderly and confused, and his reputation never recovered. In a 1999 interview with Jim Lehrer, Stockdale explained that the statements were intended as an introduction of him and his record to the television audience:

It was terribly frustrating because I remember I started with, "Who am I? Why am I here?" and I never got back to that because there was never an opportunity for me to explain my life to people. It was so different from Quayle and Gore. The four years in solitary confinement in Vietnam, seven-and-a-half years in prisons, drop the first bomb that started the ... American bombing raid in the North Vietnam. We blew the oil storage tanks of them off the map. And I never—I couldn't approach—I don't say it just to brag, but, I mean, my sensitivities are completely different.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=5662

The American Presidency Project

Gerald Ford

XXXVIII President of the United States: 1974-1977

176 - Remarks on Awarding the Congressional Medal of Honor to Four Members of the Armed Forces.

March 4th, 1976

Medal of Honor recipients and their families, distinguished Members of the Congress, Secretary Rumsfeld, Secretary Middendorf, Secretary Reed, members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, ladies and gentlemen:

We are gathered here today to honor four Americans for exceptional military gallantry in the service of our Nation. All four of these men distinguished themselves above and beyond the call of duty. I deeply regret that one of the awards, to the late Captain Lance P. Sijan, of the United States Air Force, is posthumous. The other three, Rear Admiral James P. Stockdale, United States Navy; Colonel George E. Day, United States Air Force; and Lieutenant Thomas R. Norris, United States Naval Reserve, are here with us today.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Capricorn One (1978)


Dr. James Kelloway: Okay, here it is. I have to start by saying that if there was any other way, if there was even a slight chance of another alternative, I would give anything not to be here with you now. Anything. Bru, how long have we known each other? Sixteen years. That's how long. Sixteen years. You should have seen yourself then. You looked like you just walked out of a Wheaties box. And me, all sweaty palm and deadly serious. I told everybody about this dream I had of conquering the new frontier, and they all looked at me like I was nuts. You looked at me and said, "yes." I remember when you told me Kay was pregnant. We went out and got crocked. I remember when Charles was born. We went out and got crocked again. The two of us. Captain Terrific and the Mad Doctor, talking about reaching the stars, and the bartender telling us maybe we'd had enough.