Sunday, December 26, 2010

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)




Watching again now the DVD for this 1996 film, I have so far gained a sense of awareness of three new ideas about different element so the film and one is the scene that follows the dialog referenced below. I find myself wondering if that scene of outer space as the "Enterprise" is in orbit of the Earth in its past, but our future relative to this present time, is supposed to represent a satellite view of the Hurricane Hugo just before it made landfall near the Charleston Naval Station in Charleston South Carolina. The only image I can find, since stopping the DVD to examine closer that notion, has some comparable details to the scene, but then there is also a distinct difference on the western edges of both images. But then yet I think about how the images are close, using my imagination, and I wonder if such an appearance was present, for instance, two days before that image, although that is probably too far back. Could such an appearance have existed twelve hours before the time of that actual image of the storm? I, Tom Reagan, would have certainly been keeping a close watch over that storm, with everything considered that I have described recently, and I would have had personal access to the resources to make such observations.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


Cmdr. Deanna Troi: If you're looking for my professional opinion as ship's counselor: he's nuts.

Cmdr. William Riker: I'll be sure to note that in my log.