Friday, December 17, 2010

Princess Caraboo (1994)




1994 film "Princess Caraboo" DVD video:

00:00:00


Gutch: Sumatra, Java, Sulawesi. These are places with names so beautiful that they must have been given by poets. My boyhood imaginings were that my destiny lay sailing down the trade routes to those Spice Islands, that I would carve a fortune and marry a potentate's daughter. But destiny has taken a less romantic turn. Instead, I have become an ink-stained printer and journalist, none too successful financially and, I will admit, none too fortunate in love either. Reluctantly, in my profession, I've had to learn the difference between the imaginary world and the world that is real. But this story is not imagined and even though in its way it's a fairy tale, it is true, and became as much my story as it was hers.