Saturday, February 11, 2012

Every robot has his day.




I was going to ignore the impulse to make some notes about what I am just now watching on DVD. I got to the dialog, referenced immediately below, and I could no long ignore the urge to make this observation. There is really no substance to this report. There is no intelligence to document. I just think again about my theories of how my dreams foreshadow my future observations. Missile tests and activation circuits. The other argument I have had to discredit my counter-paradox notion is that I can sense the thoughts of another human being. That other human being is thinking about details that she reads that are in my journal that I transport to the past. That argument strongly validates my notion of the time-traveler effect while weakening my notion about the counter-paradox effect. I am not sensing the future but I am sensing the thoughts of someone who thinks about information I transport when I time-travel.

Also, the earlier scenes of "Steve Austin" playing tennis with his buddy, who is the major, makes me think of how I could see the future, for me specifically, with my girlfriend, and that is what we do every day. Day after day, we get up in the morning and we play tennis. For years we do that and I sat here, mostly watching the episode, and I wonder how long we continue to play tennis every day.










The Six Million Dollar Man

Day of the Robot

Episode 4 Season 1 DVD video:

00:35:50


Oscar Goldman: I understand your position, General, when I have reason to believe that the man in the security building is not Frederick Sloane.

General: If he's not, then he's the most incredible duplicate of a man ever made. Otherwise, how could he have passed our security?

Oscar Goldman: I don't know, General, but -

General: I'm sorry, Mr. Goldman, but your responsibility ended when Major Sloane walked through our gates. As long as he has the activator, I've got to conduct the tests as scheduled.










The Six Million Dollar Man

Day of the Robot

Episode 4 Season 1 DVD video:

00:23:13


Colonel Steve Austin: That was a neat trick, Fred.

Robot impersonating Major Frederick Sloan: Did I do it right, Steve?

Colonel Steve Austin: Yeah. I'll drive.


00:24:49

Robot impersonating Major Frederick Sloan: You've got the activator in a safe place?

Colonel Steve Austin: Yeah.

Robot impersonating Major Frederick Sloan: Maybe you ought to tell me where it is just in case something happens.

Colonel Steve Austin: I think it will be safer for you if you don't know where it is, Fred.


00:26:03

Gavern Wilson: Austin suspects. Otherwise he would have called from the room.

Dr. Dolenz: Just give the word, Mr. Wilson, and Parnell and his men will dispose of Austin right now.

Gavern Wilson: I don't know.

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] Oscar?

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] Steve! where are you? What happened?

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] Oscar, is there anyone else like me?

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] A simple answer?

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] Yeah.

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] No.

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] Are you sure?

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] I believe so. Why?

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] Well, it's Sloane.

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] What about him?

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] He's more powerful than the Fred Sloane I know. Too powerful.

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] Well what did he do?

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] He showed me some bionic strength.

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] I don't think that's possible.

Colonel Steve Austin: [ telephone ] Now look, Oscar, I saw it. Now there can be more than one genius doctor, can't there? More than one project like mine?

Oscar Goldman: [ telephone ] I don't know. I'll find out.










The Six Million Dollar Man

Day of the Robot

Episode 4 Season 1 DVD video:

00:17:10


Robot impersonating Major Frederick Sloan: I feel like driving, Steve.

Colonel Steve Austin: You got to be kidding. Sick as you were a few minutes ago?

Robot impersonating Major Frederick Sloan: No, I feel fine. Besides, you're supposed to be the bodyguard, not the driver.

Colonel Steve Austin: I think you've got me there.










The Six Million Dollar Man

Day of the Robot

Episode 4 Season 1 DVD video:

00:08:13


Oscar Goldman: Now this is the way things were before Major Sloane got involved in our anti-missile missile program. And now, thanks to Fred we're able to intercept short-range missiles as little as three minutes advance warning of an approaching enemy missile.

Colonel Steve Austin: Mighty impressive.

Major Frederick Sloan: Yeah. That was the good news.










"Debt of Honor" [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

"A Jack Ryan Novel"

Tom Clancy


BERKLEY paperback 1994

$8.99 U.S.

Page 971


The 747 touched down even earlier than the pilot had promised, which was fine but wouldn't help on the connecting flight. The good news for the moment was that the first-class passengers got off first, and better still, a U.S. consular official met Clark and Chavez at the gate, whisking them through customs. Both men had slept on the flight, but their bodies were still out of synch with the local time. An aging Delta L-1011 lifted off two hours later, bound for Dulles International.

Captain Sato remained in his command seat. One problem with international air travel was the sameness of it all. This terminal could have been almost anywhere, except that all of the faces were gaijin. There would be a day-long layover before he flew back, doubtless full again of Japanese executives running away.

And this was the remainder of his life, ferrying people he didn't know to places he didn't care about.