Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Six Million Dollar Man - Population: Zero (1974)




I just finished watching for the first time the DVD for the first episode of the regular television series "The Six Million Dollar Man" and I cannot now recall the specific details to articulate the certain times I was feeling confused.

The first episode is quite lame. That episode is what I think is the fourth production of "The Six Million Dollar Man" on television. There seem to have been three television movies that are labled as television series pilots and I really have a hard time believing that last television movie, titled "Solid Gold Kidnapping" could be considered a television pilot for a television series that ran for three years.

Another lame part, even through the first episode, as I watched on DVD, is that his bionic superpowers are hardly even demonstrated. I guess the demonstration is subtle but at some point in the television series, of which I have not yet observed, you start to hear that bionic sound that is typically associated with "Steve Austin's" bionic powers.

Also, the lamest part of that first regular television series episode, that I almost forgot to note here is that the episode is so crystal clearly associated with the 1971 film "The Andromeda Strain." Whenever you see that kind of detail then you know something is wrong.

I can't remember the name of the person but there was a morning radio station personality on local FM radio in Seattle Washington that I was monitoring for a while back during 2007 and or 2008. Maybe the year 2009 but I don't think so. If I searched through my notes I should be able to find the name of the radio station douche bag who hosted the morning program. So anyway, I can't recall his name offhand but I recall that one morning, when I still lived in downtown Seattle, and as any of the douche bags with the hidden microphones in my apartment, as exists still to this day, can tell you, I was listening to that radio program one morning and I remember feeling amused because the radio personality douche bag seemed kind of offended because he had to talk at the end of the end of the interview with the actor Lee Majors about how Lee Majors had a product he was hawking.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/16/09 2:30 PM
Some of the details now have faded from my mind since I got up a few hours ago and I thought I was not going to write about this dream but I have now started feeling that I want to write as much about it as I can remember for the parts I want to write about. The dream seems to start with me parking my car somewhere although I have the nagging feeling that I am forgetting details that happened before that. There is some vague element of a woman in another vehicle somewhere in the near distance in front of me and some kind of notion about how I think she is just there with one or more persons that I never did see and they are there just to drink alcohol. So anyway, I get out of my car and I can still visualize that to some extent although I cannot think of how to articulate what I am visualizing. I guess that is because I do not believe what I am visualizing is actually what my dream is supposed to represent, as though I am dreaming of an actual memory and what I visualize from the dream is obvious to my mind on some level that it is not the same as what I saw in a real experience and that is a conflict to my waking mind. So anyway, I seem to walk behind a house after leaving my car and that I am very aware is a source of conflict because that was not a house I walked behind and that structure I am aware of in my mind is something different. Maybe it was a geographical location that I referred to as a house. Maybe I always refered to my landing sites as homeplate or something similar to that, I thought of just now as I was writing this sentence. The purpose of the dream seems to start now as I have walked behind that house or whatever it was and I am looking up into the sky and I see some large object in the sky and I am not certain if I ever consider during the dream what that object is supposed to represent. But early on in the dream, as it is at this point, I have the sense that I am actually walking around on the planet Venus. That makes no sense of course because I am not wearing a spacesuit and I am easily breathing the air. The surroundings are clear of fog and clouds but it seems to be night time although I can see my surrounding very well. As I continue walking towards that large object that is suspended in the sky I am also looking at a small crater in the ground and there seems to be some kind of association with the crater and the object in the sky although I don't think I started considering that notion until after I had been awake for a while. After I have been awake for a while I think to myself about some vague notion about how the object suspended in the sky will eventually cause the crater that is already visible along with the object that has not yet caused it. I am also aware of some kind of trajectory path as though by some details and observed unexplainable during and after the dream I am aware that the path of that object that is actually suspended motionless in the sky will move along an angle to the ground and impact the ground to cause that crater. I have also been thinking since that dream that this dream is a composite of experiences in that it represents my time on the ground on the planet Venus, and then after waking up I thought it also represents my time on the surface of the Saturn moon Phoebe, and then later still I started thinking that I dreamed of being able to breathe the air because that represents in a vague sense my discovery of oxygen on the surface of the Jupiter moon Callisto. There was some other detail I wanted to note for this sentence but now I cannot remember. So anyway, I am approaching the crater and there is some kind of sense of danger in my mind and I have about it since waking up that I was concerned about getting electrocuted when I stepped into the crater but that isn't entirely precise. I saw something in front of my and it might have been some kind of super-heated plasma and if I came into contact with it then it would have an effect on me similar to being electrocuted. I write about that last observation with the sense that I was wearing a spacesuit and indeed that is one detail that made me feel that I wanted to write about this dream. It was at some point along this time in the dream that I think I actually saw an actual visualization of a true memory in my mind of standing on the surface of the planet Venus. I cannot remember what it was that I saw although maybe I do and I just cannot articulate that observation. I am most certain about how I think I did actually see a real memory during the dream and it was that part of the dream where I have the sense that I was wearing a spacesuit. The next part of the dream seems to be where I turned back around and I was walking into the crater and I seemed to be speaking to someone or just speaking into my radio transmitter in my spacesuit about how my feet were tingling and I have thought since I awoke that it was because the ground was very hot but I don't think that is entirely accurate either but it does have something to do with that danger I wrote of earlier. I was looking at the cone at the center of the crater and all the surface around me including that crater seemed to be covered with some kind of lichen or moss or something similar to whatever that is. There are other details I can still visualize from the dream as I walked around inside the crater, which was not very large, but I am tired of writing about it now.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 July 2009 excerpt ends ]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0702073/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"The Six Million Dollar Man"

Population: Zero (1974)


Dr. Chris Forbes: Want some company?

Col. Steve Austin: Ok, eh, if you don't ask a lot of questions.

Dr. Chris Forbes: No, I don't have any questions. I figured you out all by myself.

Col. Steve Austin: Oh, and that's the end of your curiosity?

Dr. Chris Forbes: My medical curiosity...

Col. Steve Austin: You know, I just ran that through my computer.

Dr. Chris Forbes: And?

Col. Steve Austin: I like the read-out.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_-_6x07_-_The_One_Where_Phoebe_Runs.html


Friends - 6x07 - The One Where Phoebe Runs


Come on, that's not running!|Let's go!
I'm telling you, when she runs...
...she looks like Kermit the Frog...
...and the Six Million Dollar Man.
Monica had such a crush on him.
She used to kiss his poster|every night before she went to bed.
I used to do that too!
Did you also have his album,|"It's Not Easy Being Green"?
Oh, Mon.