Sunday, February 19, 2012

Project Microsoft Bill Gates UW Blue




A couple weeks ago or so on an infrequent journey on the metro bus system I was standing at a transit center and I noticed my reflection on the window of the idled metro bus I was waiting for to take me back to my apartment. The day was cold but the sky was clear and the sun was bright and was painful to my eyes so I did what I usually do and look for a shadow to stand in. My observation that day was of my reflection in that bus window and I saw that the shadow I was using, which was a small tree, only covered my face and I thought about that as I was standing there. Because of the angle of the sun and my distance from the tree, so it seemed from the reflection of the window that covered most of the top half of the bus, any other person looking at me would see the sunlight illuminating everything but my face.










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" DVD video:

00:14:21


[ Title card: New York City ]

[ Title card: June 27 ]

The Monster Shouter: [ ringing hand-held bell ] He's closer now! The hardcase! The dark man! He's coming! He's closer now! The dark man!

[ Title card: Maricopa County, Arizona ]

[ Title card: June 27 ]

Randall Flagg: Rub-a-dub-dub. Thanks for the grub.

The Monster Shouter: [ distant voice to Randall Flagg ] He's here! He's here. The monster's here! The dark man's here! [ grasps chest in grimace of pain ]

Mother Abagail: Hello there, East Texas. What kept you?

Stu Redman: I was lost in the corn. Then I heard the guitar. It sounds so sweet.

Mother Abagail: I ain't been able to make a decent F chord in 20 years. But thank you kindly.

Stu Redman: Who are you? Where is this?

Mother Abagail: I'm Abagail Freemantle. And this is Hemingford Home. Stuart, those folks who got you won't leave you to live much longer. You know that, don't you?

Stu Redman: I reckon maybe I do.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Washington_Medical_Center


Wikipedia


University of Washington Medical Center


The University of Washington Medical Center is a nationally renowned hospital located along the Montlake Cut and Portage Bay in the University District of Seattle, Washington, USA. It is one of the teaching hospitals affiliated with the University of Washington School of Medicine. UW Medical Center has 450 beds.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


“You know who that was on the phone.”

“It was really him, then?”

“The President, yes. I’ve been relieved. The dirty alderman relieved me, Len. Of course I knew it was coming. But it still hurts. Hurts like hell. It hurts coming from that grinning, gladhanding sack of shit.”

Len Creighton nodded.

“Well,” Starkey said, passing a hand over his face. “It’s done. Can’t be undone. You’re in charge now. He wants you in Washington as soon as you can get there. He’ll have you on the carpet and he’ll chew your ass to a bloody rag, but you just stand there and yessir him and take it. We’ve salvaged what we can. It’s enough. I’m convinced it’s enough.”

“If so, this country ought to get down on its knees to you.”

“The throttle burned my hand, but I… I held it as long as I could, Len. I held it.” He spoke with quiet vehemence, but his eyes wandered back to the monitor, and for a moment his mouth quivered infirmly. “I couldn’t have done it without you.”

“Well… we go back a country mile or three, Billy, don’t we?”

“You can say that again, soldier. Now—listen. One thing is top priority. You’ve got to see Jack Cleveland, first chance you get. He knows who we’ve got behind both curtains, iron and bamboo. He knows how to get in touch with them, and he won’t stick at what has to be done. He’ll know it’ll have to be quick.”

“I don’t understand, Billy.”

“We have to assume the worst,” Starkey said, and a queer grin came over his face. It lifted his upper lip and made it wrinkle like the snout of a dog protecting a farmyard. He pointed a finger at the sheets of yellow flimsy on the table. “It’s out of control now. It’s popped up in Oregon, Nebraska, Louisiana, Florida. Tentative cases in Mexico and Chile. When we lost Atlanta, we lost the three men best equipped to deal with the problem. We’re getting exactly nowhere with Mr. Stuart ‘Prince’ Redman. Did you know they actually injected him with the Blue virus?