Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's that spaceman. That's what it is.




1951 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD video:

00:28:09


Helen Benson: Good morning.

Tom Stevens: Good morning. We're all set. I picked up some sandwiches and put gas in the car and the radio's still on the blink so we can forget about the spaceman for today.

Helen Benson: Well, there's only one thing. I haven't anyone to stay with Bobby. I don't suppose we can take him with us.

Tom Stevens: Well - well, we could.

Helen Benson: There's always someone here, but today of course they've all got plans.

Klaatu (Carpenter): I haven't any plans. I'd be happy to spend the day with him if you'd let me.

Tom Stevens: Say, that would be great. Wouldn't it?

Helen Benson: It's awfully nice of you to suggest it. Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Carpenter, this is Tom Stevens.

Tom Stevens: How do you do, Mr. Carpenter?

Klaatu (Carpenter): Hello. Bobby and I had a fine time yesterday afternoon. We talked and listened to the radio. I thought today he might like to show me around the city.

Helen Benson: Well -

Klaatu (Carpenter): Suppose I ask Bobby how he feels about it?

Helen Benson: Fine. You think it's all right?

Tom Stevens: Sure.

Bobby Benson: That's my father. He was killed at Anzio.

Klaatu (Carpenter): Did all those people die in wars?

Bobby Benson: Most of them. Didn't you ever hear of the Arlington Cemetery?

Klaatu (Carpenter): No, I'm afraid not.

Bobby Benson: You don't seem to know much about anything, do you, Mr. Carpenter?

Klaatu (Carpenter): Well, I'll tell you, Bobby, I've been away a long time. Very far away.










From 9/18/1951 ( premiere US film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" ) To 6/21/1982 ( Prince William the Duke of Cambridge ) is 11234 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/5/1996 ( premiere US TV series episode "Biography"::"Thomas Edison: Father of Invention " ) is 11234 days



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401146/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

"Biography"

Thomas Edison: Father of Invention (1996)

Country Date

USA 5 August 1996

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401146/

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography

Thomas Edison: Father of Invention (5 Aug. 1996)


Release Date: 5 August 1996 (USA)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_The.html


Day the Earth Stood Still


While the president made no effort to minimise the crisis,
he urged people all over the country to remain calm.
And I might add, that though this man maybe our bitter enemy,
he could be also a new-found friend.
- Unfortunately, the only photos we have... - Mom, do you think I could...?
- Hey, who's that? -..do not show the man's face.
The president said the entire facilities of the FBI and every other federal agency
are being brought to bear.
He pointed out, however, that this is no ordinary manhunt.
He warned "We maybe up against powers that are beyond our control..."
- What is it you want? - My name is Carpenter. I need a room.
- Oh, I see. - Are you an FBI man?
- No, I'm afraid not. - I'll bet he is. He's looking for the spaceman.
We've all been hearing too much about spacemen.
- This is Mrs Benson, Mr Carpenter. - How do you do?
And little Bobby.



http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0001449/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Quotes for

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Character)

from "Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)


Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)


La Forge: Captain, we are being hailed.

Picard: On screen.



http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/N/Nineteen_Eighty_Four_-_1984.html


Nineteen Eighty Four


What is it?
I dreamt...
about my mother.
What, darling?
It was during the wars...
before the Party.
Winston!
I couldn't help myself.
I knew what I had done...
and I couldn't help myself.
When I went back, hours later...
my mother and sister were gone.
I never saw them again.



http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Star_Trek_Generations_CD1.html


Star Trek Generations


They say time is the fire|in which we burn.
Right now, my time is running out.
We leave so many things|unfinished in our lives.
I know you understand.



1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video: [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

01:29:11


Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Kirk. James T. Kirk.

Captain James T. Kirk: Beautiful day.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Yes, it certainly is.



1994 film "Star Trek Generations" DVD video: [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

01:04:12


Starfleet Captain Jean-Luc Picard: You don't have to do this, Soran. I'm sure we can find another way of getting you into this Nexus.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)


Helen: Now, you didn't really see a spaceship, but you thought you did.

Bobby Benson: I'd never call YOU a liar.


[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE:November 3, 2006

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:11/3/2006 9:33 AM
There was that “memory” of Tracie Rhodes complaining when I didn’t call her on Valentine’s Day. That was the first Valentines after we had started dating. In my “memory,” it seems that I was very depressed and sitting in the dark when she showed up at my apartment on Wexford and complaining that she thought I was different. As I was thinking about this last night, I wondered if I was experiencing a PTSD-type of depression that is triggered by the anniversary of a traumatic event. I have been writing that I was shot down in Africa on 2/14/86.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 November 2006 excerpt ends]





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 10:12 AM Pacific Time USA Wednesday 30 May 2012