Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So that's why everyone's been saying that lately.




Is it the time-traveler effect or it is just that someone picked up the good old-fashioned modern telephone?

I noticed the television listing for that 1993 film "Groundhog Day" about a half-hour before it began on one of the channel 4 air broadcast antenna channels at 11 PM locally in the Seattle area, which was followed by the final episode of the original television series "The Outer Limits" from 16 January 1965 titled "The Probe" and I thought about the woman, who was trying to get to Tokyo for her wedding, was "interesting" when I think back to my recent reports about the Mars probes from the late 1990's and 2000's.

I had seen "Groundhog Day" listed several days earlier although I cannot recall the precise day and I wanted to watch it then but I forgot about it and did not watch it. I saw it listed tonight and decided to watch it. I think I referenced it in my blog the last time I watched it on television, a few years ago, but I cannot recall and I haven't tried to look it up.

Several months ago, or maybe a couple years ago, I gave some serious thought to the possibility of living through such an ordeal, in terms of something that would happen to me in the future relative to that present time. I hope yesterday doesn't repeat on me. No particular reason I just hated yesterday because I have such a hard time sleeping. I already hate today. Some days are better than others and I guess that the only way I can sleep is to get so exhausted that I sleep out of fatigue. I used to go, ten years ago or so, and beat myself into the ground by running and bicycling in the hopes that I would sleep well later that night but that never worked.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


Up in the Pacific Northwest, they'll have some very tall trees.
It will be clear across the Rockies and the Great Plains.
But look out, here comes trouble.
Oh, boy! Front coming our way. Look out.
What will that mean to us In the Three Rivers area?
One of these big blue things! This cold, frigid, Arctic air.
This big mass out of the north.
It will meet up with all this moisture coming out of the Gulf...
mix together at high altitudes and cause some snow.
It won't hit us here in Pittsburgh. It will push off and hit Altoona.
Close call.
Let's take a look at the five-day.
Nothing to be too scared about.
Bundle up warm, but leave your galoshes at home.
I won't be here for the 10:00.
Tomorrow is Groundhog Day, and I'm going out to Punxsutawney...
for our country's oldest groundhog festival.
According to the legend, tomorrow, February 2...
If the groundhog sees his shadow, we'll have six more weeks of winter.
- Keep your fingers crossed.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-outer-limits-1963/the-probe-21578/


tv.com


The Outer Limits

The Probe

Season 2, Episode 17, Aired Jan 16, 1965


Quotes

Control Voice: (closing narration) A few days, a week, a month, will the earth be visited by a stranger from the universe? A warm, compassionate stranger to tell us of wonders beyond imagination, of life beyond comprehension, of secrets from the treasure house of stars.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Piano Teacher: Not bad... Mr. Connors, you say this is your first lesson?

Phil: Yes, but my father was a piano *mover*, so...










http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/20/48hours/main16349.shtml


CBSNEWS.COM


February 11, 2009 10:36 PM

30 Minutes That Changed Everything


(CBS) On July 19th, 1989, the tail engine of a Chicago-bound United DC-10 blew up










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095159/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

A Fish Called Wanda (1988)


Otto West: Look, you obviously don't know anything about intelligence work, lady. It's an X-K-Red-27 technique.

Wendy: My father was in the Secret Service, Mr. Manfredjinsinjin, and I know perfectly well that you don't keep the general public informed when you are "debriefing KGB defectors in a safe house."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066543/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Walking Stick (1970)

Country Date

USA 10 June 1970 (New York City, New York)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


That's him.
He was a really great guy.
I really liked him a lot.
I'm sorry. What was that again?
I'm sorry. What was that again?
- I'm a god! - You're a god?
I'm a god. I'm not the God, I don't think.
Because you survived a car wreck?
You ready to order?.
I didn't just survive a wreck. I wasn't just blown up yesterday.
I have been stabbed, shot poisoned...
frozen, hung, electrocuted...
- and burned. - Really?.
Every morning I wake up fine, not a dent in the fender.
- I am an immortal.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Phil: I'm a god.

Rita: You're God?

Phil: I'm a god. I'm not *the* God... I don't think.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Phil: I have been stabbed, shot, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted, and burned.

Rita: Oh, really?

Phil: ...and every morning I wake up without a scratch on me, not a dent in the fender... I am an immortal.










From 12/4/1963 ( premiere US TV movie "Project: Man in Space" ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9964 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9964 days



From 7/1/1961 ( Diana Spencer ) To 10/11/1988 ( premiere US TV series episode "Nova"::"Can the Next President Win the Space Race?" ) is 9964 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9964 days



From 1/24/1985 ( the United States Navy submarine warship USS George Washington SSN 598 formerly SSBN 598 decommissioned from United States Navy active service - my biological brother United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan serving as General of the Armies of the United States is the final commanding officer of USS George Washington SSN 598 the active fleet platform ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 2941 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/21/1973 ( premiere US film "Westworld" ) is 2941 days



From 7/25/1986 ( premiere US film "Maximum Overdrive" ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 2394 days

2394 = 1197 + 1197

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) is 1197 days



From 1/11/1930 ( Rod Taylor ) To 8/3/1984 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "The Philadelphia Experiment" ) is 19928 days

19928 = 9964 + 9964

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9964 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 11/28/1987 ( premiere US TV movie "The Impossible Spy" ) is 9964 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9964 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 11/28/1987 ( premiere US TV movie "The Impossible Spy" ) is 9964 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9964 days



From 10/28/1967 ( Julia Roberts ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9239 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/18/1991 ( the Bill Gates-Microsoft-Nazi-George Bush attack against the US Navy warship USS Princeton CG 59 as another attempt to kill me Kerry Wayne Burgess - circa 1990 also known for official duty as Wayne Newman and as Matthew Kline the United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer - and my biological brother US Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan the US Navy SEAL as he and I served the US Navy presence in the Persian Gulf again at the same time ) is 9239 days



From 9/12/1945 ( Maria Aitken ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/19/1989 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush kills 111 passengers and crew of United Airlines Flight 232 and destroys the United Airlines Flight 232 aircraft because I was a passenger of United Airlines Flight 232 as United States Navy Petty Officer Second Class Kerry Wayne Burgess and I was assigned to maintain custody of a non-violent offender military prisoner of the United States ) is 8660 days



From 7/7/1988 ( premiere US film "A Fish Called Wanda" ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 1681 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/10/1970 ( premiere US film "The Walking Stick" ) is 1681 days



From 4/18/1988 ( the United States Navy Operation Praying Mantis - my biological brother US Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan and I US Navy FC2 Kerry Wayne Burgess are both at the same time onboard the United States Navy warship USS Wainwright CG 28 when it evaded a Harpoon anti-ship missile from hostile Iran-Bill Gates-Microsoft-George Bush-Axis of Evil-Soviet Union-Communist forces but 2 United States Marine Corps aviators launched from USS Wainwright CG 28 killed this day ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 1761 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/29/1970 ( the first flight McDonnell Douglas DC-10 jet transport aircraft ) is 1761 days



From 2/26/1957 ( premiere US TV series episode "Broken Arrow"::"Legacy of a Hero" ) To 6/8/1984 ( premiere US film "Gremlins" ) is 9964 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9964 days



From 6/21/1982 ( Prince William the Duke of Cambridge ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 3889 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/26/1976 ( premiere US TV movie "Father O Father" ) is 3889 days



From 6/3/1937 ( Wallis Simpson marries The Duke of Windsor ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 19928 days

19928 = 9964 + 9964

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/12/1993 ( premiere US film "Groundhog Day" ) is 9964 days



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Groundhog Day (1993)

Country Date

USA 12 February 1993
UK 7 May 1993










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


This is Gus. He hates his life here and wishes he'd stayed in the Navy.
I could have retired on half pay after 20 years.
Is this some kind of trick?
Maybe the real God uses tricks. Maybe He's not omnipotent.
He's just been around so long, He knows everything.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Phil: Well maybe the *real* God uses tricks, you know? Maybe he's not omnipotent. He's just been around so long he knows everything.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1085812/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Father O Father (1976) (TV)

Country Date

USA 26 June 1976










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093248/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Impossible Spy (1987) (TV)

Country Date

USA 28 November 1987










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


It's hard down there at the bottom.
- Here you go - Thank you.
Come on, Dad! Come on, Pop!
Breathe, Pop!
When Chekhov saw the long winter...
he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope.
Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life.
But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney...
and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts...
I couldn't imagine a better fate...
than a long and lustrous winter.
From Punxsutawney, It's Phil Connors.
So long.
Very nice speech, Phil.
- Thank you. - Thanks.
- How was that for you two? - Man, you touched me.
- Thanks, Larry. - Thank you.
I gotta go
That was surprising. I didn't know you were so versatile.
I surprise myself sometimes.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


Hello, father.
Let's get you someplace warm.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Gremlins (1984)


Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Ned: Phil?

Phil: Ned?

[Punches Ned in the face]










http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1991_764612

chron Houston Chronicle Archives

Badly damaged missile cruiser out of action

Houston Chronicle News Services

TUE 02/19/1991 HOUSTON CHRONICLE

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - The missile cruiser USS Princeton, badly damaged by a mine in the northern Persian Gulf, has been pulled out of action and sent to a gulf port for assessment, U.S. military officials said today.


Discussing the mine blasts that damaged the U.S. warships, he said what was apparently an unusually sophisticated mine damaged the rudder and rudder shaft of the billion-dollar Princeton. The blast injured three crewmen and lifted the vessel party out of the water.

The USS Tripoli, meanwhile, remained on duty after patching a 16-by-20-foot hole in its hull blown by a cruder mine 2 1/2 hours earlier and 10 miles away.

Neal said no minesweepers had cleared the area where the explosions occurred because it was believed to have been relatively free of mines. He said the allies would "continue an aggressive countermine campaign."

The two explosions appeared to jeopardize any plans for an amphibious landing by the Marine task force positioned off the Kuwait coast - at least in the area where the ships were operating.

The Tripoli, an 18,000-ton helicopter assault carrier, is serving as flagship for a newly mounted mine-clearing operation in the area. The 2-year-old Princeton had been on anti-aircraft surveillance duty.

There were varying reports on the extent of damage to the 570-foot Princeton.

Military officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said there was one report that the hull was damaged in the middle, with cracks in the superstructure above the main deck.

They did not say to which gulf port the Princeton had headed for repairs.

A dozen mine sweepers from the U.S., Saudi and European navies are at work to clear out the thousands of mines the Iraqis are believed to have sown in coastal waters to deter any landing by the 15,000 Marines stationed aboard about 30 ships in the gulf.

The Marines are prepared to strike at Kuwaiti beaches by helicopter and assault boat as part of the anticipated ground offensive.

U.S. officials, however, were worried by the explosions, especially because the Princeton appeared to have been damaged by a so-called "influence mine" - a device the Iraqis were known to possess but had never before used.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


- I have to do this report. - Are you a reporter?.
I'm a weatherman with Channel 9 Pittsburgh.
I should have known. That's great!
Maybe later we could--
Whatever.
Stay right here. Promise me?
I'll be right back. Wish me luck.
Good luck!
Who's Rita?
How should I know?
Is this some kind of one-night stand?










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


Phil Connors. I thought that was you.
Don't you say you don't remember me. I sure as heck-fire remember you.
Ned Ryerson?
Bing! First shot right out of the box!
How's It going, old buddy?.
Actually, I'm not feeling well. Would you excuse me?
It's funny you should mention your health.
You will never guess what I do now.
- Do you sell insurance? - Bing again!
You are sharp as a tack today.
Do you have life insurance? if you do, you could always use more.
Right? Who couldn't?
You know something? I got a feeling you ain't got any.
- Am I right or am I right?



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Ned: Do you have life insurance, Phil? Because if you do, you could always use a little more, right? I mean, who couldn't? But you wanna know something? I got the feeling...

[whistles]

Ned: ... you ain't got any. Am I right or am I right? Or am I right? Am I right?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?

Ralph: That about sums it up for me.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/G/Groundhog_Day.html


Groundhog Day


Am I upsetting you, Princess?
You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil.
I'll give you a winter prediction.
It's gonna be cold...
It's gonna be gray...
and It's gonna last you for the rest of your life.
Once again, the eyes of the nation have turned here to this...
tiny village in western Pennsylvania.
There is no way that this winter...
Is ever going to end...
as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow.
I don't see any other way out.
He has to be stopped.
I have to stop him.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Groundhog Day (1993)


Phil: There is no way that this winter is *ever* going to end as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. I don't see any other way out. He's got to be stopped. And I have to stop him.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 02:33 AM Pacific Time USA Tuesday 22 May 2012