Thursday, May 10, 2012

Of course. That's why I saw that in the sleeping dream.




For a while this morning I have been sitting here quietly (a detail I felt strongly compelled to add only sometime after writing this paragraph and that I later thought about this waking day only after Rod Serling showed up and suggested I should have some beer, as though that even helps anymore, which it doesn't) at my desk thinking over a dream I awoke from this morning after finally yesterday getting some moderately restful sleep.

Yesterday was unquestionably miserable and I started to wonder if that was because I had got some bad food from the nearby Safeway supermarket. Their al-Qaida allies are tracking me every time I am in there and that is now an established and incontrovertible fact of law.

I thought about that notion in contrast to how I have started thinking that on days when I am afflicted with that heavy fatigue then that is because I am aware through means paranormal to my mind that evil forces are working overtime somewhere plotting some kind of new mass destruction. With certainty today I think again that they have decided to move forward with the Corbis Microsoft Bill Gates global terrorist plan to destroy with atomic weapons the Capitol of the United States of America.

I think that for some reason, some pervert reason, they think that destroying Washington D.C. with atomic bombs is how Microsoft Bill Gates is going to gain access to some kind of delusional fantasy world that she-he-it feels she is entitled to.

For some pervert reason, Microsoft Bill Gates thinks she-he-it is my sister.

So anyway, for reasons I do not elaborate on here I think I understand why I dreamed certain details this morning in the sleeping dream I awoke from. I was dreaming from the context of seeing from my eyes the world around me but yet I also understand very well that I was a different person during that point in the dream. I can still recall the specific person I was supposed to be in the dream, as though I was seeing the world in that dream through his eyes, and that person was someone I knew long ago and that is not necessarily obvious from details in this statement despite that another person I knew at the same might recognize certain details.

As happens sometimes in those dreams, the point I recall the dream is clear but there are details that linger in my mind that annoy me because I want to remember those details from just prior to the point I can recall but those details elude me because those details are too vague to recall. The point I can recall though is very clear and many details were clear and sharp in the dream.

There was some kind of dialog, from me I feel certain, as I existed in the dream as that other person, about the rain falling from the sky and I remember some dialog about the rain falling at a slanted angle and there is some vague dialog about how I think I was saying that was consistent with the weather forecast. I seemed to be talking to my mother. I decided to add that detail here only because it seems relevant to other details that are consistent with observations I make about today and of how I seem to dream prescient details about the future despite how you might scoff at how that is even possible.

At that point I was talking about the rain because I was walking through some kind of vestibule in a house and walking out the door to the outside because I was taking out the trash. I walked to a separate building and I was aware of being in a forested area, cleared around the house and the area I was walking in, and I didn't recognize the details of the surrounding terrain but those were very clear. And I have been thinking of a specific place in South Carolina since then but many details are not consistent. For one reason, the person I seemed to be in the dream was never at that place and I don't think any of those people had ever even met.

So then I saw myself at that wooden building and I was keying in a security code to open the garbage chute door. Some of the details from the dream have faded now and I cannot articulate some of the details I wanted to write about just after waking up but what I do remember clearly is that I pressed the number '9' first on the keycode and it seemed that wasn't necessary. I didn't see the code I typed in to successfully open the door for the garbage chute, where I did dump the garbage, but I was thinking of a code while I was doing that in the dream and I still remember the numerical code I was thinking of but that doesn't seem important.

I started writing about that dream but then I stopped for a while because it didn't really seem that interesting, even though the part about "Avengers" was interesting enough to get me started working on it. But I stopped because that didn't really seem very interesting.

Also, consistent with my time-traveler effect theory then this really means nothing. Less than nothing. If I write about it and then time-travel these details to the distant past, relative to this present day, then I must have these thoughts today. So again I chase myself in a circle.

I started working on it again only after I started thinking again about that security code. The code doesn't seem important but what does seem important, after I looked closer into that detail, is that I was keying in the wrong code. I did that, as I recall, at least two times. I heard that the keypad chirped with different sounds and one sound meant the individual number was not part of the correct code and the other sound meant the number was a correct digit in the code. As best I recall I keyed in the correct code, which was never visible to me in the dream, on the third try. I decided to make this report, although sometime much later after writing this paragraph, because of that detail and that was the detail that made me think of "Broken Arrow." So maybe all this is helpful for you dullards somehow. Maybe I keep the evil locked away again for another day and while that is good for you that is pretty lousy for me. I mean, things really aren't getting any better for me. I am still being pushed, ever so slowly back towards the precipice. There is no going back for me now. I can never become again one of you imbeciles. So much for trying to fit in with the crowd.

You, the mob, give power to the evil. You, the mob, empower that evil. You are losing the battle for yourself. The outcome is guaranteed to prove, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, that you have no one to blame but your own self. I cannot even choose who gets to survive. There are still too many "Perry's Against Kerry's" for me to hope to win against your stand of idiocy and cowardice. Your circled wagon-train of morons is only causing you all to lose the war against the evil that is trying to enter through the door I stand guarded against it.

So as for "Avengers" I woke up thinking about that part because the dream seemed to end there.

I had dumped the garbage and I was walking back to the house and between me and the house was some kind of "Black Knight" monster figure on a horse. I noticed it for the first time as I was walking back. He was close to the side of the house and was not in my direct line of travel. He was more to my right-hand side. If I kept walking straight then I would avoid him. As best I recall, he never did move from that position. Also as best I recall I walked almost into the house just as the dream ended. The interesting part was what he was speaking to me at that time. His words were vague but I was certain that he said, two times or more, the words "Avenger! Enter!"










1994 television miniseries "The Stand" DVD video:

00:10:05


Charlie Campion: Sally and the baby, they were - they were sick since Salt Lake City. But I felt fine till this morning and, boy. Are you sure Sally and my baby are okay? Huh?

Stu Redman: Yeah.

Charlie Campion: There was a man with us some of the time. He was a dark man. He - I was looking through the rear-view mirror and I'd see him just sitting there grinning at me. I thought I could outrun him. [ laughing briefly ] You can't outrun the dark man.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


“And Len…”

“Yes?”

“I’m glad you were the one who told me.”

“Yes, sir.”

Creighton left. Starkey glanced at his watch, then walked over to the monitors set into the wall. He turned on 2, put his hands behind his back, and stared thoughtfully into Project Blue’s silent cafeteria.

Chapter 5

Larry Underwood pulled around the corner and found a parking space big enough for the Datsun Z between a fire hydrant and somebody’s trash can that had fallen into the litter. There was something unpleasant in the trash can and Larry tried to tell himself that he really hadn’t seen the Stiffening dead cat and the rat gnawing at its white-furred belly. The rat was gone so fast from the sweep of his headlights that it really might not have been there. The cat, however, was fixed in stasis. And, he supposed, killing the Z’s engine, if you believed in one you had to believe in the other. Didn’t they say that Paris had the biggest rat population in the world? All those old sewers. But New York did well, too. And if he remembered his misspent youth well enough, not all the rats in New York City went on four legs. And what the hell was he doing parked in front of this decaying brownstone, thinking about rats anyway?

Five days ago, on June 14, he had been in sunny Southern California, home of hopheads, freak religions, the only c/w nightclubs in the world with gogo dancers, and Disneyland. This morning at quarter of four he had arrived on the shore of the other ocean, paying his toll to go across the Triborough Bridge. A sullen drizzle had been falling. Only in New York can an early summer drizzle seem so unrepentantly sullen. Larry could see the drops accreting on the Z’s windshield now, as intimations of dawn began to creep into the eastern sky.

Dear New York: I’ve come home.

Maybe the Yankees were in town. That might make the trip worthwhile. Take the subway up to the Stadium, drink beer, eat hotdogs, and watch the Yankees wallop the piss out of Cleveland or Boston…

His thoughts drifted off and when he wandered back to them he saw that the light had gotten much stronger. The dashboard clock read 6:05. He had been dozing. The rat had been real, he saw. The rat was back. The rat had dug himself quite a hole in the dead cat’s guts. Larry’s empty stomach did a slow forward roll. He considered beeping the horn to scare it away for good, but the sleeping brownstones with their empty garbage cans standing sentinel duty daunted him.

He slouched lower in the bucket seat so he wouldn’t have to watch the rat eating breakfast. Just a bite, my good man, and then back to the subway system. Going out to Yankee Stadium this evening? Perhaps I’ll see you, old chum. Although I really doubt that you’ll see me.

The front of the building had been defaced with spray can slogans, cryptic and ominous: CHICO 116, ZORRO 93, LITTLE ABIE #1! When he had been a boy, before his father died, this had been a good neighborhood. Two stone dogs had guarded the steps leading up to the double doors. A year before he took off for the coast, vandals had demolished the one on the right from the forepaws up. Now they were both entirely gone, except for one rear paw of the left dog. The body it had been called into creation to support had entirely vanished, perhaps decorating some Puerto Rican junkie’s crash-pad. Maybe ZORRO 93 or LITTLE ABIE #1! had taken it. Maybe the rats had carried it away to some deserted subway tunnel one dark night. For all he knew, maybe they had taken his mother along, too. He supposed he should at least climb the steps and make sure her name was still there under the Apartment 15 mailbox, but he was too tired.










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


“Better turn off your pumps, Hap,” Stu said mildly.

“The pumps? What?”

Norm Bruett had turned to look out the window. “Christ on a pony,” he said.

Stu got out of his chair, leaned over Tommy Wannamaker and Hank Carmichael, and flicked off all eight switches at once, four with each hand. So he was the only one who didn’t see the Chevy as it hit the gas pumps on the upper island and sheared them off.

It plowed into them with a slowness that seemed implacable and somehow grand. Tommy Wannamaker swore in the Indian Head the next day that the taillights never flashed once. The Chevy just kept coming at a steady fifteen or so, like the pace car in the Tournament of Roses parade. The undercarriage screeched over the concrete island, and when the wheels hit it everyone but Stu saw the driver’s head swing limply and strike the windshield, starring the glass.

The Chevy jumped like an old dog that had been kicked and plowed away the hi-test pump. It snapped off and rolled away, spilling a few dribbles of gas. The nozzle came unhooked and lay glittering under the fluorescents.

They all saw the sparks produced by the Chevy’s exhaust pipe grating across the cement, and Hap, who had seen a gas station explosion in Mexico, instinctively shielded his eyes against the fireball he expected. Instead, the Chevy’s rear end flirted around and fell off the pump island on the station side. The front end smashed into the low-lead pump, knocking it off with a hollow bang.

Almost deliberately, the Chevrolet finished its 360-degree turn, hitting the island again, broadside this time. The rear end popped up on the island and knocked the regular gas pump asprawl. And there the Chevy came to rest, trailing its rusty exhaust pipe behind it. It had destroyed all three of the gas pumps on that island nearest the highway. The motor continued to run choppily for a few seconds and then quit. The silence was so loud it was alarming.

“Holy moly,” Tommy Wannamaker said breathlessly. “Will she blow, Hap?”

“If it was gonna, it already woulda,” Hap said, getting up. His shoulder bumped the map case, scattering Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona every whichway. Hap felt a cautious sort of jubilation. His pumps were insured, and the insurance was paid up. Mary had harped on the insurance ahead of everything.

“Guy must have been pretty drunk,” Norm said.

“I seen his taillights,” Tommy said, his voice high with excitement. “They never flashed once. Holy moly! If he’d a been doing sixty we’d all be dead now.”

They hurried out of the office, Hap first and Stu bringing up the rear. Hap, Tommy, and Norm reached the car together. They could smell gas and hear the slow, clocklike tick of the Chevy’s cooling engine. Hap opened the driver’s side door and the man behind the wheel spilled out like an old laundry sack.

“God-damn,” Norm Bruett shouted, almost screamed. He turned away, clutched his ample belly, and was sick. It wasn’t the man who had fallen out (Hap had caught him neatly before he could thump to the pavement) but the smell that was issuing from the car, a sick stench compounded of blood, fecal matter, vomit, and human decay. It was a ghastly rich sick-dead smell.

A moment later Hap turned away, dragging the driver by the armpits. Tommy hastily grabbed the dragging feet and he and Hap carried him into the office. In the glow of the overhead fluorescents their faces were cheesy-looking and revolted. Hap had forgotten about his insurance money.

The others looked into the car and then Hank turned away, one hand over his mouth, little finger sticking off like a man who has just raised his wineglass to make a toast. He trotted to the north end of the station’s lot and let his supper come up.

Vic and Stu looked into the car for some time, looked at each other, and then looked back in. On the passenger side was a young woman, her shift dress hiked up high on her thighs. Leaning against her was a boy or girl, about three years old. They were both dead. Their necks had swelled up like inner tubes and the flesh there was a purple-black color, like a bruise. The flesh was puffed up under their eyes, too. They looked, Vic later said, like those baseball players who put lampblack under their eyes to cut the glare. Their eyes bulged sightlessly. The woman was holding the child’s hand. Thick mucus had run from their noses and was now clotted there. Flies buzzed around them; lighting in the mucus, crawling in and out of their open mouths. Stu had been in the war, but he had never seen anything so terribly pitiful as this. His eyes were constantly drawn back to those linked hands.

He and Vic backed away together and looked blankly at each other. Then they turned to the station. They could see Hap, jawing frantically into the pay phone. Norm was walking toward the station behind them, throwing glances at the wreck over his shoulder. The Chevy’s driver’s side door stood sadly open. There was a pair of baby shoes dangling from the rearview mirror.

Hank was standing by the door, rubbing his mouth with a dirty handkerchief. “Jesus, Stu,” he said unhappily, and Stu nodded.

Hap hung up the phone. The Chevy’s driver was lying on the floor. “Ambulance will be here in ten minutes. Do you figure they’re—?” He jerked his thumb at the Chevy.

“They’re dead, okay.” Vic nodded. His lined face was yellow-pale, and he was sprinkling tobacco all over the floor as he tried to make one of his shitty-smelling cigarettes. “They’re the two deadest people I’ve ever seen.” He looked at Stu and Stu nodded, putting his hands in his pockets. He had the butterflies.

The man on the floor moaned thickly in his throat and they all looked down at him. After a moment, when it became obvious that the man was speaking or trying very hard to speak, Hap knelt beside him. It was, after all, his station.

Whatever had been wrong with the woman and child in the car was also wrong with this man. His nose was running freely, and his respiration had a peculiar undersea sound, a churning from somewhere in his chest. The flesh beneath his eyes was puffing, not black yet, but a bruised purple. His neck looked too thick, and the flesh had pushed up in a column to give him two extra chins. He was running a high fever; being close to him was like squatting on the edge of an open barbecue pit where good coals have been laid.

“The dog,” he muttered. “Did you put him out?”

“Mister,” Hap said, shaking him gently. “I called the ambulance. You’re going to be all right.”

“Clock went red,” the man on the floor grunted, and then began to cough, racking chainlike explosions that sent heavy mucus spraying from his mouth in long and ropy splatters. Hap leaned backward, grimacing desperately.

“Better roll him over,” Vic said. “He’s goan choke on it.”

But before they could, the coughing tapered off into bellowsed, uneven breathing again. His eyes blinked slowly and he looked at the men gathered above him.

“Where’s… this?”

“Arnette,” Hap said. “Bill Hapscomb’s Texaco. You crashed out some of my pumps.” And then, hastily, he added: “That’s okay. They was insured.”

The man on the floor tried to sit up and was unable. He had to settle for putting a hand on Hap’s arm.

“My wife… my little girl…”

“They’re fine,” Hap said, grinning a foolish dog grin.

“Seems like I’m awful sick,” the man said. Breath came in and out of him in a thick, soft roar. “They, were sick, too. Since we got up two days ago. Salt Lake City…” His eyes flickered slowly closed. “Sick… guess we didn’t move quick enough after all…”

Far off but getting closer, they could hear the whoop of the Arnette Volunteer Ambulance.

“Man,” Tommy Wannamaker said. “Oh man.”

The sick man’s eyes fluttered open again, and now they were filled with an intense, sharp concern. He struggled again to sit up. Sweat ran down his face. He grabbed Hap.

“Are Sally and Baby LaVon all right?” he demanded. Spittle flew from his lips and Hap could feel the man’s burning heat radiating outward. The man was sick, half crazy, he stank. Hap was reminded of the smell an old dog blanket gets sometimes.

“They’re all right,” he insisted, a little frantically. “You just… lay down and take it easy, okay?”

The man lay back down. His breathing was rougher now. Hap and Hank helped roll him over on his side, and his respiration seemed to ease a trifle. “I felt pretty good until last night,” he said. “Coughing, but all right. Woke up with it in the night. Didn’t get away quick enough. Is Baby LaVon okay?”

The last trailed off into something none of them could make out. The ambulance siren warbled closer and closer. Stu went over to the window to watch for it. The others remained in a circle around the man on the floor.

“What’s he got, Vic, any idea?” Hap asked.

Vic shook his head. “Dunno.”

“Might have been something they ate,” Norm Bruett said. “That car’s got a California plate. They was probably eatin at a lot of roadside stands, you know. Maybe they got a poison hamburger. It happens.”










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Chapter 7

In the dim light that comes over the land just after sunset but before true dark, during one of those very few minutes that moviemakers call “the magic hour,” Vic Palfrey rose out of green delirium to brief lucidity.

I’m dying, he thought, and the words clanged strangely through his mind, making him believe he had spoken aloud, although he had not. He gazed around himself and saw a hospital bed, now cranked up to keep his lungs from drowning in themselves. He had been tightly secured with brass laundry-pins, and the sides of the bed were up. Been thrashing some, I guess, he thought with faint amusement. Been kicking up dickins. And belatedly: Where am I?

There was a bib around his neck and the bib was covered with clots of phlegm. His head ached. Queer thoughts danced in and out of his mind and he knew he had been delirious… and would be again. He was sick and this was not a cure or the beginning of one, but only a brief respite.

He put the inside of his right wrist against his forehead and pulled it away with a wince, the way you pull your hand off a hot stove. Burning up, all right, and full of tubes. Two small clear plastic ones were coming out of his nose. Another one snaked out from under the hospital sheet to a bottle on the floor, and he surely knew where the other end of that one was connected. Two bottles hung suspended from a rack beside the bed, a tube coming from each one and then joining to make a Y that ended by going into his arm just below the elbow. An IV feed.

You’d think that would be enough, he thought. But there were wires on him as well. Attached to his scalp. And chest. And left arm. One seemed to be plastered into his sonofabitching belly-button. And to cap it all off, he was pretty sure something was jammed up his ass. What in God’s name could that one be? Shit radar?

“Hey!”

He had intended a resonant, indignant shout. What he produced was the humble whisper of a very sick man. It came out surrounded on all sides by the phlegm on which he seemed to be choking.

Mamma, did George put the horse in?

That was the delirium talking. An irrational thought, zooming boldly across the field of more rational cogitation like a meteor. All the same, it almost fooled him for a second. He wasn’t going to be up for long. The thought filled him with panic. Looking at the scrawny sticks of his arms, he guessed he had lost as much as thirty pounds, and there hadn’t been all that much of him to start with. This… this whatever-it-was… was going to kill him. The idea that he might die babbling insanities and inanities like a senile old man terrified him.

Georgie’s gone courting Norma Willis. You get that horse your ownself, Vic, and put his nosebag on like a good boy.

Ain’t my job.

Victor, you love your mamma, now.

I do. But it ain’t —

You got to love your mamma, now. Mamma’s got the flu. No you don’t, Mamma. You got TB. It’s the TB that’s going to kill you. In nineteen and forty-seven. And George is going to die just about six days after he gets to Korea, time enough for just one letter and then bang bang bang. George is —

Vic, you help me now and put that horse in and that is my last word ON it.

“I’m the one with the flu, not her,” he whispered, surfacing again. “It’s me.”

He was looking at the door, and thinking it was a damn funny door even for a hospital. It was round at the corners, outlined with pop-rivets, and the lower jamb was set six inches or more up from the tile floor. Even a jackleg carpenter like Vic Palfrey could

(gimme the funnies Vic you had em long enough)

(Mamma he took my funny-pages! Give em back! Give em baaaack!)

build better than that. It was

(steel)

Something in the thought drove a nail deep into his brain and Vic struggled to sit up so he could see the door better. Yes, it was. It definitely was. A steel door. Why was he in a hospital behind a steel door? What had happened? Was he really dying? Had he best be thinking of just how he was going to meet his God? God, what had happened? He tried desperately to pierce the hanging gray fog, but only voices came through, far away, voices he could put no names against.

Now what I say is this… they just got to say… “fuck this inflation shit… ”

Better turn off your pumps, Hap.

(Hap? Bill Hapscomb? Who was he? I know that name)

Holy moly…

They’re dead, okay…

Gimme your hand and I’ll pull you up outta there…

Gimme the funnies Vic you had —

At that moment the sun sank far enough below the horizon to cause a light-activated circuit (or in this case, an absence-of-light-activated circuit) to kick in. The lights went on in Vic’s room. As the room lit up, he saw the row of faces observing him solemnly from behind two layers of glass and he screamed, at first thinking these were the people who had been holding conversations in his mind. One of the figures, a man in doctor’s whites, was gesturing urgently to someone outside Vic’s field of vision, but Vic was already over his scare. He was too weak to stay scared long. But the sudden fright that had come with the silent bloom of light and this vision of staring faces (like a jury of ghosts in their hospital whites) had cleared away some of the blockage in his mind and he knew where he was. Atlanta. Atlanta, Georgia. They had come and taken him away—him and Hap and Norm and Norm’s wife and Norm’s kids. They had taken Hank Carmichael. Stu Redman. God alone knew how many others. Vic had been scared and indignant. Sure, he had the snuffles and sneezes, but he surely wasn’t coming down with cholera or whatever it was that poor man Campion and his family had had. He’d been running a low-grade fever, too, and he remembered that Norm Bruett had stumbled and needed help getting up the steps to the plane. His wife had been scared, crying, and little Bobby Bruett had been crying too—crying and coughing. A raspy, croupy cough. The plane had been at the small landing strip outside of Braintree, but to get beyond the Arnette town limits they had had to pass a roadblock on US 93, and men had been stringing bobwire… stringing bobwire right out into the desert…

A red light flashed on over the strange door. There was a hissing sound, then a sound like a pump running. When it kicked off, the door opened. The man who came in was dressed in a huge white pressure suit with a transparent faceplate. Behind the faceplate, the man’s head bobbed like a balloon enclosed in a capsule. There were pressure tanks on his back, and when he spoke, his voice was metallic and clipped, devoid of all human quality. It might have been a voice coming from one of those video games, like the one that said “Try again, Space Cadet” when you fucked up your last go.

It rasped: “How are you feeling, Mr. Palfrey?”

But Vic couldn’t answer. Vic had gone back down into the green depths. It was his mamma he saw behind the faceplate of the white-suit. Mamma had been dressed in white when Poppa took him and George to see her for the last time in the sanny-tarium. She had to go to the sanny-tarium so everybody else in the fambly wouldn’t catch what she had. TB was catching. You could die.

He talked to his mamma… said he would be good and put in the horse… told her George had taken the funnies… asked her if she felt better… asked her if she thought she would be home soon… and the man in the white-suit gave him a shot and he sank deeper and his words became incoherent. The man in the white-suit glanced back at the faces behind the glass wall and shook his head.

He clicked an intercom switch inside his helmet with his chin and said, “If this one doesn’t work, we’ll lose him by midnight.”

For Vic Palfrey, magic hour was over.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734625/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Twilight Zone"

Stopover in a Quiet Town (1964)

"The Twilight Zone" Stopover in a Quiet Town (original title)


[opening narration]

Narrator: Bob and Millie Frazier, average young New Yorkers who attended a party in the country last night and on the way home took a detour. Most of us on waking in the morning know exactly where we are; the rooster or the alarm clock brings us out of sleep into the familiar sights, sounds, aromas of home and the comfort of a routine day ahead. Not so with our young friends. This will be a day like none they've ever spent - and they'll spend it in the Twilight Zone.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/days-gone-bye-1355050/

tv.com


The Walking Dead

Season 1, Episode 1

Days Gone Bye

Air Date

Sunday October 31, 2010


Rick and Shane join the other deputies and they set up spike strips to stop the felon when he drives by.










From 10/26/1951 ( premiere US film "Unknown World" ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 22112 days

22112 = 11056 + 11056

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/9/1996 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Broken Arrow" ) is 11056 days



From 7/2/1914 ( Joseph Chamberlain - deceased ) To 1/7/1961 ( premiere United Kingdom TV series "The Avengers" ) is 16991 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 16991 days



From 5/8/1994 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US TV miniseries Stephen King's "The Stand"::miniseries premiere episode "The Plague" ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 6577 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/5/1983 ( the Byford Dolphin rig fatal diving bell accident ) is 6577 days



From 10/27/1964 ( premiere United Kingdom TV series episode "Mike"::"Oil... Black Gold!" ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 17362 days

17362 = 8681 + 8681

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/9/1989 ( premiere US film "The Abyss" ) is 8681 days



From 2/1/1943 ( premiere US film "The Fighting Buckaroo" ) To 8/9/1989 ( premiere US film "The Abyss" ) is 16991 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 16991 days



From 3/2/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "The Hunt for Red October" ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 8105 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/11/1988 ( Gregory H. 'Pappy' Boyington - United States Marine Corps - United States Navy Medal of Honor - deceased ) is 8105 days



From 8/15/1997 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Event Horizon" ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 5382 days

5382 = 2691 + 2691

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1973 ( premiere US film "The Vault of Horror" ) is 2691 days



From 4/24/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"Stopover in a Quiet Town" ) To 10/31/2010 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US TV series "The Walking Dead"::series premiere episode "Days Gone Bye" ) is 16991 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/10/2012 ( --- ) is 16991 days










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_TBF_Avenger


Grumman TBF Avenger

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The Grumman TBF Avenger (designated TBM for aircraft manufactured by General Motors) was a torpedo bomber developed initially for the United States Navy and Marine Corps, and eventually used by several air or naval arms around the world.

It entered U.S. service in 1942, and first saw action during the Battle of Midway. Despite losing five of the six Avengers on its debut, it survived in service to become one of the outstanding torpedo bombers of World War II. Greatly modified after the war, it remained in use until the 1960s.


Operational history

On the afternoon of 7 December 1941, Grumman held a ceremony to open a new manufacturing plant and display the new TBF to the public. Coincidentally, on that day, the Imperial Japanese Navy attacked Pearl Harbor, as Grumman soon found out.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0516848/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

"The Avengers"

Hot Snow (1961)

Country Date

UK 7 January 1961


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0516848/

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

The Avengers: Season 1, Episode 1

Hot Snow (7 Jan. 1961)


Release Date: 7 January 1961 (UK)










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/104930/Joseph-Chamberlain


Encyclopædia Britannica


Joseph Chamberlain

Joseph Chamberlain, (born July 8, 1836, London, Eng.—died July 2, 1914, London)










http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/10/newsid_3497000/3497115.stm


BBC


ON THIS DAY 10 May


1940: Churchill takes helm as Germans advance

German forces have invaded Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg by air and land.

The invasion began at dawn with large numbers of aeroplanes attacking the main aerodromes and landing troops. The Dutch High Commission says more than 100 German planes were shot down by its forces.

In London, it has been announced that Winston Churchill will lead a coalition government after Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain said he was stepping aside.

Two days ago his majority plummeted in a vote of confidence in the Commons during a debate on the war and there were calls from the Tory benches for him to go.


In his broadcast tonight Mr Chamberlain said: "Hitler has chosen a moment when, perhaps, it seemed to him that this country was entangled in the throes of a political crisis and he might find it divided against itself.

"If he has counted upon our internal divisions to help him he has miscalculated the mind of this people."

The first news of the German invasion reached London at dawn. Foreign Secretary Lord Halifax received the Belgian Ambassador and Dutch Prime Minister at 0630 when they formally asked for Allied help.

The invasion had been expected for some time. In a proclamation issued to the German armies in the West, Hitler said: "The hour has come for the decisive battle for the future of the German nation."

Reports from Holland said German troops crossed the border during the night. The Dutch destroyed bridges over the Maas and Ijssel to prevent the German advance.

There were reports of fierce fighting at Rotterdam where German troops were landed by flying-boat. Other planes landed at Waalhaven aerodrome and troops quickly seized control.

This evening German forces are occupying the Maas and Bourse railway stations in Rotterdam. There are conflicting reports about whether they are still in possession of Waalhaven airport.

German reconnaissance planes have been seen flying overhead all day.

British and French troops have moved across the Belgian frontier in response to appeals for reinforcements.

Reports from Belgium say British troops have been enthusiastically received. Their guns have been festooned with flowers and the soldiers plied with refreshments.

In Washington President Franklin Roosevelt was asked at a news conference whether he thought Germany's invasion of the Low Countries would lead to US involvement in the war. He replied that it would not.


In Context

Neville Chamberlain was forced to resign after the disastrous British campaign in Norway. Attempts to repel the Germans culminated in the loss of about 4,000 British troops and ultimately German occupation of the country.

Also, Labour leader Clement Attlee made clear his party would not work with a coalition government under Chamberlain. Lord Halifax was offered the position of prime minister but turned it down and Winston Churchill was chosen as leader.

Mr Chamberlain served briefly in Mr Churchill's war cabinet as Lord President of the Council until he retired through illness in October 1940. He died of cancer the following month.

The German invasion of the Low Countries had been expected. Against 144 Allied divisions, the Germans mustered 141. The German air force had 4,020 operational aircraft, the Allies a little over 3,000. The gap in tank strength favoured the Allies: 3,383 against 2,335.

Yet in six weeks, and at a cost of only 30,000 dead, German forces had conquered the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg and on 21 June forced the capitulation of France.

France remained under German occupation until August 1944. Belgium was liberated in September 1944 and Luxembourg in February 1945. Some of the southern Netherlands was liberated in autumn 1944, but most of the country remained under German occupation until the end of the war.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177770/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Fighting Buckaroo (1943)

Country Date

USA 1 February 1943



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177770/plotsummary

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database


Plot Summary for

The Fighting Buckaroo (1943)


Steve and sidekick Arkansas arrive to help out their old friend Dan McBride. Dan's former associate Thatcher is rustling cattle and Dan is accused of tipping them off as to the location of the herds. When Carol Comstock informs Steve her father is the informant, Steve and the Sheriff plan to trap the Thatcher gang by baiting them with another herd.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/Hunt_For_Red_October_CD1.html


Hunt For Red October [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


We've got a level one radiation leak.
Every surface of this ship's contaminated.
We've got to get the men off.
Sir, we have been sabotaged!
Who said anything about sabotage?
Captain!
Sir, I'm afraid the doctor is right.
Very well.
Surface. We'll evacuate the men to the deck.
Aye, Captain.
Surface the ship!
Prepare to muster all personnel to escape hatches.
Break out the rafts.
Lash them to the deck.
We'll use them as shelters until the fleet arrives.
Make sure the count is accurate, Doctor.
We must get the entire crew out.
Yes, sir.
Master-At-Arms reports rafts secure and evacuation proceeding.
Very good.
We'll rotate through the conn.
No officer will spend more than 20 minutes below deck.
Will that be satisfactory?
Completely, Captain.
Surface contact!
2-7-0.
6 miles and closing fast.
It's a warship.
What? Here?
Can you identify it?
It's a frigate,
U.S., probably,
Perry class. He's signaling.
"Red October. Red October.
Halt and stay where you are.
Do not attempt to submerge,
or you will be fired upon".
Captain, I think he means to board us.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096754/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Abyss (1989)

Country Date

USA 9 August 1989
UK 13 October 1989










1989 film "The Abyss" Special Edition Version DVD video:

02:24:13


Virgil 'Bud' Brigman: Howdy. Uh, how you guys doing?

Television broadcast replay video and audio: ...however attempts to convene a summit between heads of state have collapsed... Soviet buildup of tanks and aircraft have... All citizens to stay on their jobs, restrict unnecessary travel... We had just moments ago an unprovoked attack... Across the country, National Guard units have been mobilized, and also defense volunteer staff have been called to full-time duty.

Virgil 'Bud' Brigman: You watch our TV. That's what you're telling me

Television broadcast video and audio: Seismologists worldwide are reporting an enormous disturbance throughout the world's ocean which apparently began about 15 minutes ago. They are acoustic shock waves, like tsunamis, but with no apparent seismological source. The waves are propagating toward the shorelines of every continent. Dr. Berg, would you please, based on the - Young lady, listen to me. We don't know what's going on yet. We don't have a clue. (continues)television news reporter: The horizon has already grown dark. People are running everywhere. It's - it's sheer panic. Stay on me! The wave - the wave is maybe 1000 feet high already. Getting bigger as I'm watching. Still miles out. Oh, my god. We're out of here! We're staying! Give us a minute. I don't even know if I'm still broadcasting. I can't be sure. I'll just keep going as long as I can. Get out of the way! A thousand -

Virgil 'Bud' Brigman: You guys are doing this. You guys are doing this, right? You can control water. That's your technology. But why are you doin' this? Okay. Okay, that's enough. I get the point! How do you know they're really gonna do it? Where do you get off passin' judgment on us? You can't be sure. How do you know? You could have done it. Why didn't you?










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983


1983

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


November 5 – Byford Dolphin rig diving bell accident: Off the coast of Norway, 5 divers are killed and one severely wounded in an explosive decompression accident.


http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-yorkshire-news/2009/10/28/100k-pay-out-for-longwood-clare-lucas-daughter-of-tragic-diver-roy-lucas-86081-25029897/


The Huddersfield Daily

Examiner


Local West Yorkshire News

£100k pay-out for Longwood Clare Lucas daughter of tragic diver Roy Lucas

Oct 28 2009 by Sam Casey, Huddersfield Daily Examiner

THE daughter of a deep sea diver killed in a horrific accident 26 years ago has finally won a “David and Goliath” battle for compensation.

Clare Lucas, 34, has been fighting the Norwegian government for more than two years over the death of her father, Roy.

He and four of his colleagues were killed in an accident on the Byford Dolphin oil rig, in Norwegian-owned North Sea waters, on November 5, 1983.

At the time the authorities blamed human error, but evidence was later uncovered suggesting equipment they were using was faulty










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070868/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Vault of Horror (1973)

Country Date

USA 16 March 1973 (New York City, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044167/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Unknown World (1951)

Country Date

USA 26 October 1951



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044167/plotsummary

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Plot Summary for

Unknown World (1951)


Dr. Jerimiah Morley becomes convinced that the world is headed to an inevitable worldwide nuclear war. He organizes an expedition made up of a team of expert scientists and an atomic-powered rock-boring vehicle called a "cyclotram" to find a subterranean environment where holocaust survivors could live indefinitely. When funding falls through, independently rich adventurer Wright Thompson underwrites the project under the condition that he be allowed to go. As the group goes deeper beneath the Earth's crust, personalities clash, tempers flare, and the dangerous journey claims the lives of several expedition members. When they come upon an enormous underground expanse with its own ocean and phosphorescent light, it appears that their goal has been achieved.





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044167/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Unknown World (1951)


Dr. Jeremiah Morley: Go back to what? To a world bent on self destruction? We can live the rest of our lives here in peace.

Dr. Joan Lindsey: Morley, you're wrong! This isn't peace! This is a resting place for the dead!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115759/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Broken Arrow (1996) [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Country Date

USA 9 February 1996





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115759/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Broken Arrow (1996)


Vic Deakins: Hale. Pick up. Pick up!

Vic Deakins: C'mon buddy, pick up the 'phone.

Riley Hale: "Buddy," huh? Son of a bitch, you tried to kill me. The friendship is over.

Vic Deakins: Well that doesn't mean I don't like you. Hell, I'm impressed.



http://www.cswap.com/1996/Broken_Arrow/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_50


Broken Arrow


:50:53
Hale! Pick up!

:50:57
Pick up!

:50:59
Come on, buddy. Pick up the phone.

:51:02
Buddy, huh?

:51:05
Son of a bitch!
You tried to kill me! Friendship is over.

:51:08
That doesn't mean I don't like you.

:51:10
Hell, I'm impressed!

:51:12
I figured you'd have packed up
and walked off by now.

:51:15
Well, you figured wrong.
Now I get the nukes.

:51:18
Guess what, Deak?
I'm gonna deactivate 'em.

:51:21
I'm punching in the wrong codes.

:51:24
Pretty soon these things
are gonna be absolutely useless.

:51:28
You might as well drive away.

:51:30
Outstanding, Hale! That's the spirit!

:51:33
Damn! I'm totally screwed now!

:51:36
Unless, of course,
I'd already thought ofthat.

:51:44
What?

:51:47
You're kidding!

:51:50
Didn't work, did it?

:51:52
I used uncoded circuit boards.

:51:54
You just activated a nuclear warhead,
my friend.

:51:58
Setting off a nuke in this mine
has been in the plan from day one.

:52:02
Otherwise, some DC civilian
might say I haven't got the guts.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:09 AM Pacific Time USA Thursday 10 May 2012