Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand."




Kendall Briggs. I started thinking of her a while back when Renee Logan published photos from when we attended De Queen elementary school in the 1970's.

I think her name is actually spelled 'Kendal.' Kendal either moved away from De Queen or we started another year in different classes. I don't recall precise details. I think after that was when I was seated in front of Kendra Rogers and I remember her from class.

After a brief internet search I found the Facebook page of Jeremy Canada and I think the woman there is his wife and I looked at her photo a few seconds and I began to see a resemblance to what I remember of Kendal Briggs, reinforced by a photo Renee Logan posted a while back of when we were kids. I found another photo by Jeremy Canada that mentions 'Kendal.'

This all means something but I haven't decided what yet. Well, actually I have. It's just confusing to my mind.

Oh yeah, and here's a tip I read about while scanning through Jeremy Canada's Facebook page and on which I expand:





http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/us-army-massacres-indians-at-wounded-knee

HISTORY

THIS DAY IN HISTORY


Dec 29, 1890:

U.S. Army massacres Indians at Wounded Knee

On this day in 1890, in the final chapter of America's long Indian wars, the U.S. Cavalry kills 146 Sioux at Wounded Knee on the Pine Ridge reservation in South Dakota.

Throughout 1890, the U.S. government worried about the increasing influence at Pine Ridge of the Ghost Dance spiritual movement, which taught that Indians had been defeated and confined to reservations because they had angered the gods by abandoning their traditional customs. Many Sioux believed that if they practiced the Ghost Dance and rejected the ways of the white man, the gods would create the world anew and destroy all non-believers, including non-Indians. On December 15, 1890, reservation police tried to arrest Sitting Bull, the famous Sioux chief, who they mistakenly believed was a Ghost Dancer, and killed him in the process, increasing the tensions at Pine Ridge.

On December 29, the U.S. Army's 7th cavalry surrounded a band of Ghost Dancers under the Sioux Chief Big Foot near Wounded Knee Creek and demanded they surrender their weapons. As that was happening, a fight broke out between an Indian and a U.S. soldier and a shot was fired, although it's unclear from which side. A brutal massacre followed, in which it's estimated almost 150 Indians were killed (some historians put this number at twice as high), nearly half of them women and children. The cavalry lost 25 men.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-event&episode=s01e20

Springfield! Springfield!


The Event

One Will Live, One Will Die


Access to President Martinez is restricted to essential personnel only.
I'm his wife.
I was just with him.
I left to go and see my son.
I'm sorry, ma'am, but the Attorney General's orders were very clear.
[Mutters] Call the Attorney General's office.
I mean, there must be some sort of mix-up.
I'm his wife.
I should have access.
Yes, ma'am.
I'll do it right away.
[Phone beeps] I have to go.
Call me as soon as you hear anything.
Hello? Christina, it's Blake Sterling.
- Blake.
- We need to talk, but we can't do it under these circumstances.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-event&episode=s01e20

Springfield! Springfield!


The Event

One Will Live, One Will Die


After what happened in Coral Gables, Ray, how do you expect me to ever trust me again? Christina, can't you see now I had nothing to do with that? These men--Blake Sterling and Agent Lee-- will stop at nothing.
Last time I saw Blake, we were at Elias' bedside and I knew there was something he wasn't telling me.
What do you mean?



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:24 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Wednesday 11 June 2014