Monday, June 30, 2014

"I'm still only in Saigon. Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle."




https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.657124,-117.232627&spn=0.000005,0.004128&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=47.657124,-117.232627&panoid=FCNe0-Rv7D38hzdNeFT-CQ&cbp=12,337.85,,0,0.12

Google Maps


Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, Washington, United States










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/A/Apocalypse_Now_-_Redux.html


Apocalypse Now


At first I thought they handed me the wrong dossier.
I couldn't believe they wanted this man dead.
Third-generation West Point, top of his class.
Korea, Airborne, about a thousand decorations.
Et cetera, et cetera.
I'd heard his voice on the tape, and it really put the hook in me...
but I couldn't connect up that voice with this man.
Like they said, he had an impressive career.
Maybe too impressive. I mean, perfect.
He was being groomed for one of the top slots in the corporation--
general, chief of staff, anything.
In 1964, he returned from a tour with Advisory Command in Vietnam...
and things started to slip.
His report to the Joint Chiefs of Staff...
and Lyndon Johnson was restricted.
Seems they didn't dig what he had to tell them.
During the next few months, he made three requests for transfer...
to Airborne training, Fort Benning, Georgia, and was finally accepted.
Airborne?
He was 38 years old.
Why the fuck would he do that?
1966,joins Special Forces...
returns to Vietnam.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/A/Apocalypse_Now_-_Redux.html


Apocalypse Now


Never get out of the boat.
Absolutely goddamn right...
unless you were going all the way.
Kurtz got off the boat.
He split from the whole fuckin' programme.
How did that happen?
What did he see here that first tour?
Thirty-eight fucking years old.
If you joined the Green Berets...
there was no way you'd ever get above colonel.
Kurtz knew what he was giving up.
The more I read and began to understand...
the more I admired him.
His family and friends couldn't understand it...
and they couldn't talk him out of it.
He had to apply three times, and he put up with a ton of shit.
But when he threatened to resign, they gave it to him.
The next youngest guy in his class was half his age.
They must have thought he was some far-out old man...
humping it over that course.
I did it when I was 19. It damn near wasted me.
A tough motherfucker.
He finished it.
He could have gone for general...
but he went for himself instead.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:39 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Spokane Washington USA Monday 30 June 2014