Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"We've got some new radiomen from headquarters."




http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-event&episode=s01e22

Springfield! Springfield!


The Event

Arrival


- Mr. President.
Ah.
It is good to see you, sir.
And you.
And you.
Agent Lee.
I believe I owe you my life.
Thank you.
And anything else we have to say to each other, we'll talk about later.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-event&episode=s01e22

Springfield! Springfield!


The Event

Arrival


Sophia, we know what you're trying to do, but it's not going to matter now.
You're the only one left.
I can see why Michael was so fond of you.
You are remarkably resourceful.










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-event/arrival-1385174/trivia/

tv.com


The Event Season 1 Episode 22

Arrival

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 23, 2011 on NBC

Quotes


Martinez: Sophia, it's over. You lost. We stopped you.

Sophia: You might find this hard to believe, but the truth is I ordered the spread of the virus as an act of mercy. We will still need to make room for our people here, one way or another. However, now, the only choice open to us will be far from humane.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 2:55 AM Friday, July 22, 2011


The Ghost is out of the bag.





I wouldn't even make this kind of report normally and I have resisted for a few minutes the impulse to write about this but I just cannot shake the feeling that it is important to note. A short while after I made my last web log post, I had a brief moment of acid reflux from my lunch, which was some of those very cheap frozen chicken and beef pot pies you can get at the supermarket. I had the strongest sense that something dead was trying to get out of me. The experience was momentary and I quickly chewed a couple of peppermint flavored Tums that I have standing by at moments notice and the feeling has largely past. The reason I cannot shake the impulsive to write about such a detail is because I have the sense that is something to do with me being affected by whatever evil it is that permeates that region in Seattle Washington State. We all affected by it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 July 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, June 16, 2006 7:37:12 PM

Subject: Re: Journal June 16, 2006, Supplemental


Kerry Burgess wrote:


On the theme of something I wrote earlier today, I have been thinking for several days, maybe weeks or longer, about something I said to Lynn after I came back from Utah in 2002. I was joking about the lousy lake we had to swim in. I joked that I went down to the water and then asked myself: "who organized this race, Osama bin Laden?"


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 June 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/79701/Clancy_-_Red_Storm_Rising.txt


Tom Clancy

Red Storm Rising


20 – The Dance of the Vampires

Red Storm Rising

USS NIMITZ

Toland had been a busy fellow for the past twelve hours. The data on Iceland came in slowly, one confusing piece at a time, and even now he didn't have enough to call a clear picture. The group's orders had been changed, though only after too many hours of indecision. The mission to reinforce Iceland was a washout. For the past ten hours the battle group had been heading due east toward friendly air cover from England and France. Someone had decided that if the Marines could not go to Iceland, then they might find useful employment in Germany. Bob had expected them to be diverted to Norway, where a Marine Amphibious Brigade was already in place, but getting them there could prove difficult. A furious air battle had been raging over northern Norway for almost twenty hours, with losses heavy on both sides. The Norwegians had started the war with scarcely a hundred modem fighters. They were screaming for help, but there was no help for anyone as yet.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:52 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Tuesday 10 June 2014