Saturday, April 25, 2015

Man of the People




http://www.bbcamerica.com/schedule/

BBC


BBC AMERICA


Schedule

SAT 4.25


6:00PM Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 6

Season 6 - Ep 3 - Man of the People

7:00PM Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 6

Season 6 - Ep 4 - Relics










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/229.htm

Man of The People [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 46071.6

Original Airdate: 5 Oct, 1992


[Troi's office]

JANEWAY: (a woman) I know it must be my imagination, but it seems as though Lieutenant Pinder just doesn't want me in his section.

TROI: What makes you think that?

JANEWAY: He's so critical. I can't ever do anything to please him and I try, Counsellor, I try to make sure there's nothing he could find fault with.

TROI: Give me an example of what you mean.

JANEWAY: Well, yesterday I was running routine diagnostics on the sensor pallets. They checked out, but Lieutenant Pinder questioned me because I'd allowed a point oh two three variance. That's well within specifications. He goes out of his way to criticise me.

TROI: Do you know of any reason why he might do that?

JANEWAY: No, that's why I'm here.

TROI: Well, maybe he's just tired of hearing you complain.

JANEWAY: Pardon me?

TROI: I know I'm certainly tired of it. How do you think it feels to sit and listen to someone whine about themselves all the time?

JANEWAY: I didn't realise I was

TROI: This isn't Starfleet Academy. You're not going to be coddled. If you can't take it here, then you might think about a transport ship. There's a lot less pressure there.

JANEWAY: But I love being on the Enterprise I don't want to be anywhere else.

TROI: If you aren't up to it then you don't deserve to be here. Isn't that right?

JANEWAY: I guess so.

TROI: So you'd better take a hold of yourself, or be prepared for a transfer.

JANEWAY: I will, Counsellor. Thank you.

TROI: Glad I could help.










From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 10/5/1992 is 10674 days

10674 = 5337 + 5337

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/13/1980 ( premiere US TV movie "The Girl, the Gold Watch & Everything" ) is 5337 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 6/18/1990 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek: The Next Generation"::"The Best of Both Worlds - Part One" ) is 9834 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/5/1992 is 9834 days



From 6/3/1932 ( premiere US film "Monte Carlo Madness" ) To 4/9/1986 ( --- ) is 19668 days

19668 = 9834 + 9834

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/5/1992 is 9834 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek-the-next-generation/man-of-the-people-19115/

tv.com


Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 6 Episode 3

Man Of The People

Aired Unknown Oct 05, 1992 on CBS

Stardate: 46071.6 Deanna becomes attracted to an alien ambassador. Shortly thereafter, she starts aging rapidly and becoming violent.

AIRED: 10/5/92










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/229.htm

Man of The People [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 46071.6

Original Airdate: 5 Oct, 1992


PICARD: Counsellor Deanna Troi is in Sickbay, dying. Doctor Crusher doesn't know the cause of her condition, but I believe you do.

LIVA: Alkar, we need you. The Rekags have withdrawn some of their concessions and the Seronians are threatening to break off the talks.

ALKAR: I'll be right there.

LIVA: But

(Liva leaves)

ALKAR: They've been arguing for hours in there. It seems hopeless. But now, when expectations are lowest, now is the moment I can be most effective. If I'm focused, centred, free of disquieting thoughts, I can turn these factions toward peace.

PICARD: Alkar

ALKAR: Hear me out, Captain. It's important you understand. You see, I discovered long ago I had the ability to channel my darker thoughts, my unwanted emotions, to others, leaving me unencumbered.

PICARD: Is this what you've done to Counsellor Troi?

ALKAR: I hadn't planned it. I'd expected Maylor to live through the negotiation. Her death could not have been more untimely.

PICARD: So then you deliberately used Deanna.

ALKAR: She's an empath. I was reasonably certain I could establish a link with her. Frankly, I was amazed when I saw how quickly she'd aged. Usually my receptacles survive for years.

PICARD: Receptacles?

ALKAR: Come now, Captain. Surely you can see there's a broader canvas here. If I came to these peace talks hindered by unwanted emotions, the Rekags and Seronians would be condemned to go on fighting

PICARD: You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act because you think it is connected to some higher purpose.

ALKAR: Captain. do you know how many people have died on this planet in the last forty eight hours? Thousands. Deanna Troi is just one individual.

PICARD: That does not justify brutalising her, nor any of the others you have used.

ALKAR: Ask the Seronian and Rekag children who go to bed each night in fear of their lives. Captain, I get no payment, I have no power base, no agenda. I am willing to risk my life simply to help others.

PICARD: Do you think that makes you appear courageous? Because you're mistaken. You're a coward, Alkar. You exploit the innocent because you're unwilling to shoulder the burdens of unpleasant emotions. Well, this time you will be held accountable. I'm taking you back to the Enterprise to release Counsellor Troi.

ALKAR: I have no intention of releasing her now or ever.

LIVA: Alkar, everything is falling apart. You have to come now.

ALKAR: If you'll excuse me, Captain.

PICARD: Mister Worf.

(Guards take Worf's phaser)

ALKAR: I'm needed.

LIVA: You and your Security Chief will leave.

[Transporter room]

(Worf and Picard have just been beamed back)

PICARD: Lock on to Alkar's signal. Bring him on board.

WORF: Captain, I am sure the Seronians have re-activated their security field.

PICARD: Then work with Mister La Forge to find a way to break through it. I want that man on this ship.

WORF: Aye, sir.

PICARD: I'll be in Sickbay.

[Sickbay]

CRUSHER: If Alkar is flooding her with this psychic waste, that would explain the high level of neurotransmitters. All these negative emotions pouring into her have caused an abnormal chemical response in her brain.

RIKER: Isn't there something you can do to counteract it?

CRUSHER: Enzymic decontaminants will be able to reduce the level of the neurotransmitters, but I can't make any headway unless Alkar stops what he's doing.

PICARD: He has no intention of stopping. He feels perfectly justified in using her until she dies.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080792/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Girl, the Gold Watch & Everything (1980 TV Movie)

Release Info

USA 13 June 1980










http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/229.htm

Man of The People [ Star Trek: The Next Generation ]

Stardate: 46071.6

Original Airdate: 5 Oct, 1992


[Alkar's quarters]

ALKAR: She helped me so much. Without her, I couldn't have accomplished what I did.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:09 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 25 April 2015