Wednesday, April 15, 2015

"Don't look back. You can never look back"




http://www.azlyrics.com/d/donhenley.html

AZ

DON HENLEY

album: "Building The Perfect Beast" (1984)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/donhenley/theboysofsummer.html


DON HENLEY


"The Boys Of Summer"

Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach
Empty lake, empty streets
The sun goes down alone
I'm driving by your house
Though I know you're not home

But I can see you-
Your brown skin shinin' in the sun
You got your hair combed back and your sunglasses on, baby
And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

I never will forget those nights
I wonder if it was a dream
Remember how you made me crazy?
Remember how I made you scream
Now I don't understand what happened to our love
But babe, I'm gonna get you back
I'm gonna show you what I'm made of










From 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) is 1596 days

1596 = 798 + 798

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/9/1968 is 798 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 10/24/1962 ( premiere US film "The Manchurian Candidate" ) is 798 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/9/1968 is 798 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 10/24/1962 ( premiere US film "The Manchurian Candidate" ) is 798 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/9/1968 is 798 days



From 4/20/1961 ( premiere US film "The Green Helmet" ) To 9/2/1965 ( the first day of my biological brother Thomas Reagan as a university student and graduate student instructor at Princeton University Princeton New Jersey United States where he earned a doctor of medicine degree as Dr. Thomas Reagan MD ) is 1596 days

1596 = 798 + 798

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/9/1968 is 798 days



From 12/10/1964 ( premiere US film "Father Goose" ) To 2/16/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Space Seed" ) is 798 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/9/1968 is 798 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/it-takes-a-thief/a-thief-is-a-thief-a-k-a-magnificent-thief-177539/

tv.com


It Takes a Thief Season 1 Episode 1

A Thief is a Thief (a.k.a. Magnificent Thief)

Aired Tuesday 8:30 PM Jan 09, 1968 on ABC

The newest recruit, a paroled master thief, is sent by the S.I.A. to steal a briefcase with unknown documents from a Middle Eastern courier. The contents, Noah hopes, will help to stop an information leak that is causing their top agents to be killed.

AIRED: 1/9/68

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0612728/releaseinfo

IMDb


It Takes a Thief (TV Series)

A Thief Is a Thief (1968)

Release Info

USA 9 January 1968

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0612728/

IMDb


It Takes a Thief: Season 1, Episode 1

A Thief Is a Thief (9 Jan. 1968)

TV Episode

Robert Wagner ... Alexander Mundy

Release Date: 9 January 1968 (USA)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056218/quotes

IMDb


The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Quotes


Mrs. Iselin: I know you will never entirely comprehend this, Raymond, but you must believe I did not know it would be you.










http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2004157209/

IMDb


Quantum Leap Full Episode (Genesis, Part 1 and 2: September 13, 1956)


Title: Quantum Leap Full Episode (Genesis, Part 1 and 2: September 13, 1956)

Description: Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula), a brilliant scientist, takes part in the Quantum Leap experiment which lands him in 1956 as a test pilot. With the help of his holographic Observer (Dean Stockwell), Sam remembers the experiment and learns his fate.


Quantum Leap

Genesis: Part 1 - September 13, 1956

Episode 1 Season 1

00:40:24


Admiral Al Calavicci: Well, you're here. Which is a biggie. I mean, that's a first. It's Nobel Prize time. You should be proud of that.

Dr. Sam Beckett: And?

Admiral Al Calavicci: And, uh, uh, we're experiencing technical difficulties in, uh, retrieving you.

Dr. Sam Beckett: Ha. That's great, Al. I wake up in '56 with a memory like Swiss cheese and you're experiencing technical difficulties? Whose brain child is this? Yours?

Admiral Al Calavicci: No. Not mine.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056218/quotes

IMDb


The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Quotes


[a general greets Medal of Honor winner Staff Sgt. Raymond Shaw on his return to the U.S]

General: Congratulations, son. How do you feel?

Raymond Shaw: Like Captain Idiot in Astounding Science comics.










http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/35/pg35.html


Project Gutenberg's The Time Machine, by H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


Title: The Time Machine

Author: H. G. (Herbert George) Wells


V

'As I stood there musing over this too perfect triumph of man, the full moon, yellow and gibbous, came up out of an overflow of silver light in the north-east. The bright little figures ceased to move about below, a noiseless owl flitted by, and I shivered with the chill of the night. I determined to descend and find where I could sleep.

'I looked for the building I knew. Then my eye travelled along to the figure of the White Sphinx upon the pedestal of bronze, growing distinct as the light of the rising moon grew brighter. I could see the silver birch against it. There was the tangle of rhododendron bushes, black in the pale light, and there was the little lawn. I looked at the lawn again. A queer doubt chilled my complacency. "No," said I stoutly to myself, "that was not the lawn."

'But it was the lawn. For the white leprous face of the sphinx was towards it. Can you imagine what I felt as this conviction came home to me? But you cannot. The Time Machine was gone!

'At once, like a lash across the face, came the possibility of losing my own age, of being left helpless in this strange new world. The bare thought of it was an actual physical sensation. I could feel it grip me at the throat and stop my breathing. In another moment I was in a passion of fear and running with great leaping strides down the slope. Once I fell headlong and cut my face; I lost no time in stanching the blood, but jumped up and ran on, with a warm trickle down my cheek and chin. All the time I ran I was saying to myself: "They have moved it a little, pushed it under the bushes out of the way." Nevertheless, I ran with all my might. All the time, with the certainty that sometimes comes with excessive dread, I knew that such assurance was folly, knew instinctively that the machine was removed out of my reach. My breath came with pain. I suppose I covered the whole distance from the hill crest to the little lawn, two miles perhaps, in ten minutes. And I am not a young man. I cursed aloud, as I ran, at my confident folly in leaving the machine, wasting good breath thereby. I cried aloud, and none answered. Not a creature seemed to be stirring in that moonlit world.

'When I reached the lawn my worst fears were realized. Not a trace of the thing was to be seen. I felt faint and cold when I faced the empty space among the black tangle of bushes. I ran round it furiously, as if the thing might be hidden in a corner, and then stopped abruptly, with my hands clutching my hair. Above me towered the sphinx, upon the bronze pedestal, white, shining, leprous, in the light of the rising moon. It seemed to smile in mockery of my dismay.

'I might have consoled myself by imagining the little people had put the mechanism in some shelter for me, had I not felt assured of their physical and intellectual inadequacy. That is what dismayed me: the sense of some hitherto unsuspected power, through whose intervention my invention had vanished. Yet, for one thing I felt assured: unless some other age had produced its exact duplicate, the machine could not have moved in time. The attachment of the levers—I will show you the method later—prevented any one from tampering with it in that way when they were removed. It had moved, and was hid, only in space. But then, where could it be?










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=ncis&episode=s12e20

Springfield! Springfield!


NCIS

No Good Deed


Good to see you, chief.
Good to see you.
Dad.
So just to repeat, um, what are you doing here? I need a key.
I went by the apartment, but the building manager wouldn't let me in.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/31/08 4:48 PM
The part that worries me, I guess, is the notion that crept into my mind recently that the person I have started to remember was actually killed a few years ago and the details I am relating about him are details that I gained through hypnosis a few years ago. I guess that is what really worries me.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/31/08 4:50 PM
I guess I just don't want that person I have started to think I am....I don't want to find out that person is dead and that I have the artificial memory of a dead person, although it is the notion that I do not want that person to be dead that troubles me more than the notion I have the memory of a dead person.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/31/08 4:53 PM
And that is just because I want to go back home to my wife.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 March 2008 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:48 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 15 April 2015