Monday, April 27, 2015

Under the Suicide Dome




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 11:21 PM Sunday, September 11, 2005


[ internet news article hyperlink lost ] The truckers are suspicious of everything else. Any piece of roadside trash might be hiding a bomb, the soldiers said. Anyone from an Iraqi police officer at a checkpoint to a ditch digger might be collaborating with the insurgents.

Despite the dangers, Howe said many of his soldiers would rather go on missions than stay on the base.

"Guys get hooked on it. They gotta go," he said. [ internet news article hyperlink lost ]


I can relate to this. It sounds a lot like my life for the past year or so. Except I don't know for certain there are people wanting to shoot at me. All I see is people following me and that seem to be watching me. The craziest time was after that incident in Wal-Mart where I carried away what I thought was a bomb. That was last summer some time. After that, I really started thinking hard about all those people. Every person on a street corner with a cell phone was someone talking about me. I could just imagine there was someone sitting back somewhere else writing something in a log book: "Passed 2nd and Main at 12:33pm heading north." There were two types of cell phone talkers. One type had their faces partially covered and the other type would have their back to me so they would be facing me as I passed, I guess to see my license plate. After I decided that the suspected bomb had actually been a test, I realized they knew to put out the bag where I would see it because they were tracking me all the way into the store.

Up till then it had been kind of a game. I was still optimistic and that I would shortly know what was going on. It was a game to shake the people following me. There was one time I used a quarter-tank of gas just to drive 3 miles to Starbucks to get coffee. It was then I realized I couldn't afford to play that game for very long. Gas was pretty expensive back then and I sure couldn't imagine having to do it now.

I know that I have supporters in government, and while I want to detail that support, I am afraid if I do, they will be marginalized by my adversaries, who-the-hell-ever they are. I don't precisely know who my adversaries are, but they are certainly the poster-boys of cowards. They are so cowardly, I started thinking these people are terrorists. I started remembering things like how the Iranians vowed we would never leave the Gulf alive. I remembered how they had shown me on the news on the bridge of the Wainwright when we returned to port and that was right around the time of the civilian airline disaster. I don't know who these people are in the shadows, but if I die as a result, my only regret will be that I was killed by cowards.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 September 2005 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 12:52 PM Monday, September 12, 2005


Tired

My thoughts don't feel as organized today. Very tired. Most of all, I hate having to write about this stuff in this blog. I hate it more than anything. The real problem though is that this blog feels no more public than my private email accounts. In other words, for a long time, for much too long, it felt like my private email account was a public blog. I could write about this stuff by sending it to myself in an email or I could write about it here in this blog. And there is no difference in terms of privacy. If you can read it here, you can read it in my private email. I don't know who is doing it, but I am convinced that someone is intercepting my private email and disclosing it to unknown people. It made me feel like my landlord was unlocking my apartment when I wasn't there and then gossiping with people about my private life, such as how I don't make my bed in the morning. For years, I have been living with absolutely no private life. It is exhausting.

This reminds about how it seemed no one ever understood what happened in the Persian Gulf. At least I don't think about that as much nowadays, so I got that going for me. With all this going on, and no one understanding what it is doing to me, and with a world that respects no privacy other than their own, at least I don't think about the Persian Gulf as much anymore. Lucky me.

I wrote earlier about my game to shake off the people following me. I found it somewhat humorous but slightly annoying when I saw a car commercial with a real celebrity (reminds me of Shelley's Among the stars that have a different birth by virtue of them knowing why people are following them) racing away from paparazzi while he is also taking pictures of them with his camera. I believe they were doing that because I had written about that in my journal and they read what I wrote, not to mention those commercials came out after I launched my efforts to take pictures of the people following me. Maybe they are supporting me with something like that or maybe they are just standing on my shoulders. And so after I just wrote that sentence, I realized that doing things like that have absolutely no support value to me, rather they are indeed putting more weight on my shoulders.

So going back to how cars were following me, something new happened one day. I walked out to my Jeep and one of the tires was going flat. For several days, I just keep putting air in it because it wasn't so much a slow leak, but then it wasn't so much a fast leak. After a few days of that, I walked out one morning and it was completely flat. So I changed it and took it to a nearby tire shop to have fixed. They took the tire and told me to come back later.

Eventually I came to suspect a tracking device had been put in the tire while it was there in the shop. Probably some kind of GPS unit that would record my every movement. I had another clue to support that theory but I will not mention it here, only when I get these bastards in court. What worried me more was what would happen if I had to use that tire. I imagine that device was pretty good sized, if I am driving on the interstate is this thing going to rip through my tire?

My suspicions were reinforced one day when I returned to my apartment. I was living in Kent, WA, by this time. The Wal-Mart incident as well as the flat tire and the paparazzi-types were all out in the Spokane, WA, area. Anyway, on this day in Kent, I had just returned from a road trip, don't remember where I went, but I may have gone back out to Coeur d'Alene. After I parked in front of my apartment, I went inside. But then I walked back outside to my Jeep. Anybody watching me and learning my habits would know that I rarely come back outside after parking and going inside. So I walk outside and there is a purple van parked behind my Jeep. As soon as they see me, they speed off. And there was something suspicious about the behavior of the guy in the passenger seat. He looked surprised.

I was taking some stuff out of my Jeep and the van stopped briefly at one of the other buildings down the road and dropped off the passenger. He started walking into one of the apartment buildings and he even turned around to see if I was watching him. I think they pulled up behind my Jeep and were downloading the GPS data out of the device in my spare tire but I startled them by coming back outside.

Last year, with all this stuff going on, I became convinced that Orwell's 1984 had arrived, just 20 years late. That was another book I enjoyed in high school. I think it initially caught my attention because 1984 was the year I was going to graduate high school. I have been careful to not let my imagination get the better of me but the evidence is just inescapable. Eventually, the people responsible will have their day and court and will be able to explain why they shouldn't go to jail, but the longer this continues, the less weight their excuses will carry. The excerpt below is a good summary of my existence over the past few years. The only difference is that, based on my electronics education, I don't believe it is possible to turn a regular television into a telescreen. I have heard some paranoid-types talking about this, but I don't believe it is possible. Instead, I believe there have been small hidden cameras around me. At Microsoft, I think they put them in the smoke/fire detectors. I was looking at them on numerous occasions but couldn't tell anything. I knew if I tampered with them to determine if they contained a hidden camera, they would probably just put me in jail. I also remembered how I came into the office one Saturday morning and some guys running cables in the ceiling looked surprised to see me there.

[ excerpt: George Orwell "Nineteen Eighty Four" ] [ internet hyperlink lost: ] The telescreen received and transmitted simultaneously. Any sound that Winston made, above the level of a very low whisper, would be picked up by it, moreover, so long as he remained within the field of vision which the metal plaque commanded, he could be seen as well as heard. There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live -- did live, from habit that became instinct -- in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized. Winston kept his back turned to the telescreen. It was safer, though, as he well knew, even a back can be revealing. [ excerpt: George Orwell "Nineteen Eighty Four" ]


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 September 2005 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 1:31 PM Monday, September 12, 2005

Sanity was statistical

[ Excerpt: George Orwell "Nineteen Eighty-Four" ] He had capitulated, that was agreed. In reality, as he saw now, he had been ready to capitulate long before he had taken the decision. From the moment when he was inside the Ministry of Love -- and yes, even during those minutes when he and Julia had stood helpless while the iron voice from the telescreen told them what to do -- he had grasped the frivolity, the shallowness of his attempt to set himself up against the power of the Party. He knew now that for seven years the Thought police had watched him like a beetle under a magnifying glass. There was no physical act, no word spoken aloud, that they had not noticed, no train of thought that they had not been able to infer. Even the speck of whitish dust on the cover of his diary they had carefully replaced. They had played sound-tracks to him, shown him photographs. Some of them were photographs of Julia and himself. Yes, even ... He could not fight against the Party any longer. Besides, the Party was in the right. It must be so; how could the immortal, collective brain be mistaken? By what external standard could you check its judgements? Sanity was statistical. It was merely a question of learning to think as they thought. Only! [ Excerpt: George Orwell "Nineteen Eighty-Four" ]

There is a part in that excerpt from 1984 that really hits close to home. It is the part "Sanity was statistical." I heard that very same thing when I was in the VA. Fortunately, it wasn't from a doctor though. What I heard someone say, when I was reasserting my belief that all this is indeed a conspiracy, was that they are treating me on the probability that what I am saying is not true. So that also reinforced my theory that if you are in the mental health system, is it assumed mental health problems are causing your problems as opposed to external environmental factors causing the problems. However, I did see indications they were listening to me and that they thought what I was saying made sense. I have no complaints about my treatment at the VA.

But as I have learned from this infuriating chapter of my life, there are problems that produce mental health issues and there are mental health issues that produce problems.

If they treated 100 people for the problems I am describing, it is probable that 99 of them would be delusional. But my argument has been that I am that one person that is not delusional. Sure, I am feeling paranoid, but it is a healthy paranoia. It is a normal reaction to a threat in my environment. How many more years am I going to have to live thinking no one understands?

This excerpt also describes something else I picked up on. I could just imagine all these people out there reading my private emails and scrutinizing every word I wrote. I could write enough to fill a book about my thoughts on that. And then there is the part about the photographs. I know someone has been taking photos of me for a long time. This one guy with a telephoto lens even made it obvious a couple times in Coeur d'Alene. He stopped in the middle of the road there next to the CDA beach and was standing there with his camera and telephoto lens. He even drove a black Jeep like mine. I thought that was a good sign, that he was revealing himself. It meant they were wrapping things up and would soon be in contact with me with explanations. That was over a year ago.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/m/muse.html

AZ

MUSE

album: "The 2nd Law" (2012)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/muse/madness.html


MUSE


"Madness"

(Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma...)

I, I can't get these memories out of my mind,
And some kind of madness has started to evolve.
(Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma...)
And I, I tried so hard to let you go,
But some kind of madness is swallowing me whole, yeah
(Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma...)

I have finally seen the light,
And I have finally realized
What you mean.

Ooh oh oh

And now I need to know is this real love,
Or is it just madness keeping us afloat?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 3:03 PM Saturday, September 03, 2005


So that just gave me more reason to keep driving and get this over with. This is insanity. I am nobody. Why does it feel like people know who I am? I feel like I have crashed on to The Planet of the Apes. Then something else happened. I had crossed the state line into Oregon and I was heading west along the interstate making my way to the Portland area where I would turn south. I was in Oregon, it was night, and I stopped at this convenience store. There were two people behind the counter and one made a strange comment to another that I initially dismissed but then it started gnawing on me as I was driving. One asked the other something about whether she wanted to help somebody or another. The other replied that she “didn’t care”. I thought about that a long time because something about it was nagging me. And then again I realized they knew who I was. I had no idea where I was, I had never even driven through that area, I couldn’t even pick it out again on a map, it was just a random stop I made at some store, but yet these people know who I am. It is staggeringly insane. I am Truman freakin’ Burbank. So I thought more about those comments. I realized that they knew who I was, they knew I was on my way to die, and in response to a question about giving me any help, the answer is “I don’t care.” That really hurt. Even after all this anguish I had been feeling, something new would come along and teach me another lesson about pain.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


INSIDE THE BARRIER. John sits down on a rock, then activates his radio.

SHEPPARD: Can you hear me now? (He listens, but there's no reply. He activates it again.) The cave opens up to the other side of the ridge but there's nothing in the immediate area I can survive on. (He deactivates the radio and tosses his pistol across to an area where he has set up camp. After a moment, he stands up and wanders back to the doorway, talking into the radio.) OK, that's day two and I'm out of water. We don't leave our people behind -- right? (He stares at the doorway, then activates the radio again.) How about sending me a signal to show me that you're still there? Doesn't have to be a rock -- you can write a damned note. (He deactivates the radio briefly, then activates it again.) I'm gonna turn off my radio for another six hours to conserve the battery, (he sits down on the ground) and try to get some sleep. Sheppard out.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 3:03 PM Saturday, September 03, 2005


[Title:] Miles to go before I sleep


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 September 2005 excerpt ends]



































DSC09614.JPG










































veterans association wainwright cruise album fc2 burgess.jpg










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:36 AM

To:


This morning I am now for the first time watching the DVD for the premiere episode of the television series “Stargate: Atlantis.” The images I have seen before, as I write this before beginning to watch the episode, suggest I was aware of the television series at some point when it was actively advertised in mainstream media and that I was not interested in watching that television series because it looked too stupid.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-212.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X12 - RESURRECTION SHIP (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 13-JAN-2006


Raptor

===================================

Racetrack is defibulating Apollo.

Racetrack: Clear. (Apollo is brought back to life) He's all right. He's a little shaken. But, I say again, Apollo is all right.










From 4/2/1965 ( Lyndon Johnson - Remarks at the Retirement Ceremony of Gen. John K. Gerhart, USAF ) To 6/13/2005 is 14682 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/2006 is 14682 days



From 10/24/1926 ( the final performance of Harry Houdini ) To 1/13/2006 is 28936 days

28936 = 14468 + 14468

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/13/2005 is 14468 days



From 9/30/1953 ( premiere US film "Donovan's Brain" ) To 1/13/2006 is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



From 1/3/1951 ( Harry Truman - Executive Order 10200 - Establishing the Defense Production Administration ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 14682 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/2006 is 14682 days



From 4/16/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Nurses"::"Gizmo on the EEG" ) To 6/27/2004 ( I successfully completed the Ironman Coeur d'Alene triathlon ) is 14682 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/2006 is 14682 days



From 6/8/1984 ( premiere US film "Gremlins" ) To 1/13/2006 is 7889 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/9/1987 ( Ronald Reagan - Venice Economic Summit Conference Statement on the Iraq-Iran War and the Persian Gulf ) is 7889 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 9/26/2003 ( premiere US TV series "The Handler" ) is 14682 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/2006 is 14682 days



From 3/3/1959 ( the birthdate in Hawaii of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 5/14/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "ABC News Nightline"::"Grandparents Raising Grandchildren" ) is 14682 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/2006 is 14682 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 1/13/2006 is 4042 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/26/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in solar system deep space in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship this day makes his first landing the Jupiter moon Callisto ) is 4042 days



From 9/30/1993 ( Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Retirement of General Colin Powell in Arlington, Virginia ) To 1/13/2006 is 4488 days

4488 = 2244 + 2244

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) is 2244 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/resurrection-ship-part-2-571794/

tv.com


Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Episode 12

Resurrection Ship, Part 2

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 13, 2006 on Syfy

AIRED: 1/13/06





http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/epiphany-417893/

tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 2 Episode 12

Epiphany

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 13, 2006 on Syfy

Colonel Sheppard is separated from his team while investigating an Ancient device; he finds himself in a domain where time is dilated, progressing faster than normal. Doctor McKay frantically looks for a way to save Sheppard before time runs out!

AIRED: 1/13/06










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


SHEPPARD: OK, but I'm warning you -- I've got a knife!










http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar

Solar System: Fri 1976 Nov 26


Distance (AU)


Jupiter 4.037










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


McKAY: Why do you have to park so far away?

SHEPPARD: This ridge was a little further away than it looked. You can't just land a Jumper anywhere, Rodney.

McKAY: Ah, it doesn't matter now, I think we're almost there. (He continues walking, looking down at a hand-held Ancient device as he walks along.)

TEYLA: Rodney, do you even know what it is we are looking for?

McKAY: Yeah, well, whatever it is, it's around here somewhere.

DEX: What's around here?

McKAY: Whatever it was that was causing the energy spike we detected from the Puddle Jumper.

SHEPPARD: D'you have any idea what that looks like?

McKAY: I'll know it when I see it ... (he looks to his left and points) ... and I see it.

(The team walks in the direction he pointed. Rodney pulls back some trailing vines hanging down from the cliff. There's a small cave inside and at the far end is a square archway carved through the wall.)

DEX: Looks like a door.

McKAY (looking back at him): Yes, it is remarkably door-like(!)

(He rolls his eyes and turns towards the cave again. John pulls down some of the vines and the team walks into the cave, John and Teyla aiming their guns cautiously. They approach the doorway. There is another cave on the other side.)

SHEPPARD: Well, looks like the only way through the ridge anyway. It runs for miles. Alright, let's check it out. (He starts to walk forward.)

McKAY (consulting his device): Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa. There's something there.

SHEPPARD (stopping short of the doorway): What?

McKAY: Some kind of an energy barrier around the threshold.

(John looks at the doorway for a moment, then turns and finds a large pebble on the ground. He picks it up and tosses it towards the doorway. As the pebble reaches the doorway, a blue light glows around it as it goes through the energy field and then the pebble vanishes in mid-air.)

TEYLA: It disappeared.

SHEPPARD: Or it went right through a cloak.

McKAY (looking at his device): It has many of the same properties as a cloaking field.

SHEPPARD: Yeah, and the Ancients did tend to hide all the really cool stuff.

McKAY: Yeah -- I would just like to be able to explain these readings better before we step through. (He clicks his fingers several times and turns to Teyla and Ronon.) Get me a branch. (As they walk away, he turns to John.) You got tape? (John squats down and starts to rummage in his backpack.) Because ... (he reaches into his jacket) ... I got a camera! (He pulls the camera out, then looks up in despair as Ronon presents him with the branch he found.) I didn't ask for a log! (He glares at Ronon, who turns and walks away with his log as Teyla comes in with a much thinner branch.) Thank you! OK, so ... (he holds the camera against the end of the branch that Teyla is holding) ... tape it to the stick ... (John unwraps the end of the duct tape he has taken out of his pack and starts to wrap it around the camera and the branch) ... we extend the camera through, record for a few minutes, pull it back, play the recorder.

SHEPPARD: Yeah! M.A.L.P. on a stick!

(Rodney looks at him in exasperation.)

McKAY: Yes, M.A.L.P. on a stick(!) Very clever. Are we done?

(John finishes taping the camera to the branch.)

SHEPPARD: Yep!

(Rodney takes the branch from Teyla and carefully feeds the camera end into the field. The part of the field surrounding the branch glows blue as he feeds it through. As it passes through the field, it disappears from view. Teyla walks over to the cave wall near the doorway and looks at writing carved on the wall.)

TEYLA: I am not fluent in Ancient but I do recognise a few words: "welcome" and "ascension".

DEX: Ascension?

McKAY (still holding the branch with the camera end through the doorway): To a higher plane of existence. The race of people who built the Stargates -- they eventually evolved to a point where they ascended to a state of pure energy.

DEX: That'd be great!










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


McKAY: Yeah, well, sadly it's a matter of, uh, evolution. (He looks up at Ronon, who stares back at him. Rodney looks away again.) Anyway ... I'm sure we've got more than enough now. (He pulls the camera back through the doorway.) There we go. And ... have a look, shall we?

(Everyone gathers around him as he activates the camera. The screen shows the other side of the doorway. It looks exactly the same as they can see through the doorway anyway. Rodney looks up.)

McKAY: OK, then! Any volunteers?

SHEPPARD: I'll go. (He walks towards the doorway.)

McKAY: Just, um, back out if you encounter anything problematic.

(John stops and looks back at him.)

SHEPPARD: Problematic?

McKAY: Yeah, like poisonous atmosphere, acid atmosphere, no atmosphere. Hey, (he points to the camera) it's a M.A.L.P. on a stick; only shows you so much.

(John grimaces at him nervously.)

SHEPPARD: OK. (He takes a deep breath.) Here goes.

(He slowly pushes his P90 into the field. The field glows blue around the gun. He pushes his hands forward and they disappear into the field.)

SHEPPARD: Weird! (He pushes his arms into the field.) Yeah, it's kinda hurting my hands a little.

McKAY: OK, so get outta there.

SHEPPARD (struggling to pull himself out of the field): I'm trying to, but it's pulling me in.

(Ronon grabs the webbing on the back of John's vest with both hands and braces himself.)

DEX: I got you.

(Despite Ronon pulling back, John continues to be pulled into the field. John looks round at the others.)

SHEPPARD: OK, come on, guys, get me outta here.

(Teyla runs forward and grabs hold of more webbing.)

DEX: I'm tryin'.

SHEPPARD: Well, try harder.

McKAY: No-no-no, we proved this -- it shouldn't be happening.

SHEPPARD: Well, it is! It's pulling me in!

(He, Ronon and Teyla continue trying to pull him out to no avail.)

TEYLA: It's too strong!

(John's face reaches the field. He turns his head to the side, trying to force his head back, but it is pulled into the field. Rodney calls out a warning to Teyla and Ronon.)

McKAY: Don't touch the barrier!

(As their hands near the barrier, the two of them let John go and he disappears into the field. The rest of the team stare at each other in shock.)










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=26861

The American Presidency Project

Lyndon B. Johnson

XXXVI President of the United States: 1963-1969

158 - Remarks at the Retirement Ceremony of Gen. John K. Gerhart, USAF.

April 2, 1965

Mr. Vinson:

I am very blessed with many things but no one is richer in his associations and his friendships than I have been throughout the years. Dr. Billy Graham comes here frequently and gives me strength and comfort and prays over me, and nobody needs a prayer more than I do. He is leaving today. They stayed all night with me last night and he has to go on with other good work today. And I have my old friend Carl Vinson who has been looking after me and praying over me for 30 years, and he is going to stay with me all night tonight.

We have come here this morning to express the gratitude of this country to a very distinguished officer of the United States Air Force who has served his Nation well for more than 30 years.

General Gerhart was born in 1907. Two years later a piloted airplane crossed the English Channel for the first time--in 31 minutes. Thirty-three years later the General became commander of four groups of the B-17 Flying Fortresses which crossed that channel many times. They supported our Allied effort to return freedom to the continent of Europe.

The general we honor this morning is one who grew up with the air age. In 1928 he elected to leave life as a student at the University of Chicago where he was studying philosophy. One year later, he was a second lieutenant graduating from the flying school at Kelly Field in San Antonio, Texas.

In the career that followed, General Gerhart was a test pilot and then a glider pilot-a brave leader of brave men in war and in peace. I might also mention that he even found the courage to go to Harvard Business School to learn about the computer age. And this Government is very fortunate that we got a Secretary of Defense who learned about it too at the Harvard Business School.

In 1940, before this country's entry into World War II, our air forces had 2,500 airplanes and 43,000 men. Three years later there were 80,000 airplanes and 2,300,000 men. General Gerhart was one of that famous band of dedicated, brilliant professionals who made this very remarkable growth possible. He and his comrades will be remembered always as that inspired and valuable few who helped guide the destiny of a peace-loving people through a great war that we did not seek--to assume responsibilities which we bear so willingly today for the peace and security of mankind everywhere.

General Gerhart has been close to the heart of our defense and our security as Commander in Chief of the North American Air Defense Command. In this position, as in all others, his service has been remarkably outstanding.

So it is a great privilege for me this morning and I am very proud to present to General Gerhart another addition to his long list of honors for a life nobly spent in the service of his country and his fellow men, his second Distinguished Service Medal.

The Secretary will now read the citation.

Note: The President spoke at 11:35 a.m. in the East Room at the White House following an invocation by Rev. Billy Graham. His opening words referred to Carl Vinson, Representative from Georgia 1915-1964.

At the conclusion of the President's remarks, Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara read the citation and the medal was presented. General Gerhart then responded briefly. The text of his remarks was also made public.

General Gerhart served as Commander in Chief of the North American Air Defense Command from August 1, 1962, through March 31, 1965.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:43 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 30 September 2014 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/09/walked-right-into-it.html


I spoke to that UWMC psychiatrist first and then during those three or four days I was there in June 2005 another doctor started talking with me in a conference room and he told me he was the doctor in charge of the UWMC. Then he told me that I was lucky


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 September 2014 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045699/releaseinfo

IMDb


Donovan's Brain (1953)

Release Info

USA 30 September 1953



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045699/plotsummary

IMDb


Donovan's Brain (1953)

Plot Summary


Yet another version of Curt Siodmak's novel about an honest scientist who keeps the brain of a ruthless dead millionaire (Donovan) alive in a tank. Donovan manages to impose his powerful will on the scientist, and uses him to murder his enemies.










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


McKAY: If it takes us a week to ten days to fix this, then it won't matter, because he will probably have died of old age.

WEIR: Oh my God.

McKAY: Yeah, hence the rushing. Now, you ready? (As they start to walk again, he looks at Carson.) You don't look ready.

BECKETT: I'm ready.

WEIR: I need to pick up a few of my books to help with the translation.

McKAY: Well, we'll pick ‘em up on the way, and I hope you've got us a real Jumper pilot because I don't trust him (pointing at Carson) and I can't fly the damned thing in a straight line.



































DSC09616.JPG



































DSC00253.JPG










From 10/4/1922 ( Warren G. Harding - Executive Order - Fort Apache Arizona ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 24942 days

24942 = 12471 + 12471

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1999 is 12471 days



From 10/4/1922 ( Warren G. Harding - Executive Order - Fort Apache Arizona ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 24942 days

24942 = 12471 + 12471

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1999 is 12471 days



From 9/11/1987 ( premiere US film "Fatal Attraction" ) To 12/25/1999 is 4488 days

4488 = 2244 + 2244

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) is 2244 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/08/to-find-freedom-on-our-shores.html ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57124

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993 - 2001

The President's Radio Address

December 25, 1999


I want to end my talk today with a Christmas story. A few days ago, I helped prepare holiday meals at the D.C. Central Kitchen, a community kitchen that prepares 3,000 meals a day for the homeless and hungry and trains people to work in food services, to hold down jobs, to turn their lives around.

I worked with a man named Steve Pritchett. As a young man, Steve had a scholarship for college, and his future looked bright. But he made some mistakes, and as a result, he's been homeless for much of his adult life. At Christmastime, he might go see his mother for a day, but if it was cold, you'd most likely find Steve spending Christmas under a bus shelter or beside a steam grate.

But this year, Steve found the D.C. Central Kitchen and discovered it's never too late to change. He's been in their training program for 2 months now, and already he's been offered a job. He's clean and off the streets. Best of all, his mother, who never gave up on her son, is so proud. She told him, "Steve, you don't have to be a doctor or a lawyer. I just want to know that when I close my eyes, you'll be able to stand on your own two feet." They're together today celebrating Christmas.

D.C. Central Kitchen had the help of 5,000 volunteers this year; each one of them deserves a little credit for the success of Steve and so many others like him. That's America at its best, when neighbor helps to lift up neighbor and together we shine a light in the darkness. That is also the true spirit of Christmas.

So let us all resolve to take this spirit with us into the new millennium. We'll be better people and a stronger nation for doing so.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_God,_It's_Doomsday

Thank God, It's Doomsday

"Thank God, It's Doomsday" is the nineteenth episode of The Simpsons' sixteenth season. The episode aired for the first time on May 8, 2005, in the US.


This causes many of Springfield's residents to believe that Homer is right in predicting that at 3:15 p.m. on May 18, the apocalypse will come, and so the believers follow him to the Springfield Mesa to wait for it.



http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Made-up_words

Simpsons


Throughhole

A type of road of relatively unknown description; it could be a combination of a thruway and a tunnel.

In the episode "Thank God It's Doomsday" there are two references to a road leading out of Springfield called the Warren Harding Memorial Throughhole.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_G._Harding

Warren G. Harding

Warren Gamaliel Harding (November 2, 1865 – August 2, 1923) was the 29th President of the United States










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s16e19

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

Thank God, It's Doomsday


Listen, could you do me one more favor? You want me to help you with your alcoholism? No, I'm in a good place with that.
Why don't you just take these pamphlets? Yeah, I'll definitely read those later.
Now, listen, if you could just see your way clear to Very well.
Deus ex machina! It was all just a dream.
What are these wings? It's just a seagull stuck in my back.
Dad, we've been so worried about you! The Warren Harding Through-Hole never seemed so long.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044202/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Well (1951)

Release Info

USA 10 September 1951










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


HEDDA: He's awake again!

(John flinches at the noise.)

SHEPPARD: I am now!

(As Hedda starts to mop his brow again, a woman outside the dwelling breaks off from the conversation she was having with Avrid and comes inside. She is in her early thirties and is wearing an ankle-length sleeveless shift dress. She walks over to the bed, smiling, and introduces herself.)

TEER: I am Teer.

SHEPPARD: Have we met?

TEER: When Avrid first brought you here. You were terribly injured from fighting the Beast. Avrid carried you almost halfway across the Sanctuary.

HEDDA (smiling proudly): And I healed you.

SHEPPARD (looking at her): You did? You're a little young to be a doctor.

TEER: Hedda is one of the few among us who possesses the healing power.

SHEPPARD: Well, good. Thank you.



































DSC09617.JPG










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-handler/pilot-264177/

tv.com


The Handler Season 1 Episode 1

Pilot

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 26, 2003 on CBS

AIRED: 9/26/03










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


SOME TIME LATER. John comes out of the house. He is wearing a white shirt, a sleeveless light beige waistcoat, dark trousers and long beige suede-looking boots. He still has the beard. The house is in a small village with houses and barns made of wood. It's another simple Pegasus society. Avrid comes over to greet him.

AVRID: I'm glad you're feeling better. (He gestures around the village.) Welcome to your new home.

SHEPPARD: Avrid, uh, I'm happy to visit and I'm grateful for the food and the whole healing thing, but, uh, do you know the way out of here? (He starts to walk across the centre of the village.)

AVRID: There is no way to leave, John, other than to ascend.

SHEPPARD (stopping): What exactly do you mean by "there's no way"?

AVRID: That is the sole purpose of this place -- to meditate upon ascension and one day join those who created the Sanctuary.

SHEPPARD: The thing is, I've got other plans. (He starts to walk again.)

AVRID (following him): Then why did you enter the portal?

SHEPPARD: Well, call it a mistake. I tried to stop it but the damned thing sucked me in.

(They have reached the centre of the village where there's a large stone reservoir, about knee-high, filled with water. John stops and looks at it.)

AVRID: Those that came before us made certain that there could be no indecision. Once you set foot within the Sanctuary, your path was chosen.

SHEPPARD: Not by me!

AVRID: Once you cross the threshold, you are committed to be here for the remainder of your days.

(He smiles. John turns and stares at him. Avrid's smile fades. John looks away, and Avrid turns and leaves. John stares down at his reflection in the water.)



































DSC09619.JPG



































DSC09620.JPG



































DSC09621.JPG










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=the-simpsons&episode=s16e19

Springfield! Springfield!


The Simpsons

Thank God, It's Doomsday


[ Marge Simpson: ] God wouldn't spring the Rapture on us unannounced. He'd send us signs, like, I don't know, all the dogs getting on a spaceship and leaving.










From 2/6/2004 ( my final day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the deputy director of the United States Marshals Service and the United States Marine Corps brigadier general circa 2004 ) To 5/8/2005 is 457 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/2/1967 ( premiere US film "The Night of the Generals" ) is 457 days



From 2/6/2004 ( my final day working at Microsoft Corporation as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and the deputy director of the United States Marshals Service and the United States Marine Corps brigadier general circa 2004 ) To 5/8/2005 is 457 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/2/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Court Martial" ) is 457 days



From 3/31/2003 ( the City of Spokane Valley incorporated ) To 5/8/2005 is 769 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/11/1967 ( premiere US film "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" ) is 769 days



From 6/20/1952 ( premiere US film "The Winning Team" ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 14432 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/8/2005 is 14432 days



From 9/10/1951 ( premiere US film "The Well" ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 14432 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/8/2005 is 14432 days



From 4/22/1954 ( the McCarthy Army hearings begin ) To 5/8/2005 is 18644 days

18644 = 9322 + 9322

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix ) is 9322 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 5/8/2005 is 3792 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/21/1976 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Most Wanted" ) is 3792 days



From 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 5/8/2005 is 3792 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/21/1976 ( premiere US TV series pilot "Charlies Angels" ) is 3792 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the United States Army veteran and the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 5/8/2005 is 15272 days

15272 = 7636 + 7636

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 9/29/1986 ( premiere US TV series "Designing Women" ) is 7636 days



From 4/9/1986 ( --- ) To 5/8/2005 is 6969 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/1/1984 ( the United States Navy warship USS Taylor FFG 50 commissioned into United States Navy battle force fleet active service - departing in 1986 as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Navy Fire Controlman Petty Officer 3rd Class my first United States Navy fleet assignment beginning 19 December 1984 ) is 6969 days



From 1/13/1950 ( premiere US film "Ambush" ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash ) is 14432 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/8/2005 is 14432 days



From 12/22/1954 ( premiere US film "3 Ring Circus" ) To 6/27/1994 ( the NASA Stargazer Pegasus rocket failure ) is 14432 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/8/2005 is 14432 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/09/under-dome.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/04/under-suicide-dome.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/thank-god-its-doomsday-384298/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 16 Episode 19

Thank God, It's Doomsday

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM May 08, 2005 on FOX

AIRED: 5/8/05






























http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_image.php?tv-show=simpsons&image=s08e20_187

Springfield! Springfield!

Framegrabs / Screencaps > The Simpsons > Season 8 > The Simpsons > Framegrab / Screencap No. 187










http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-212.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X12 - RESURRECTION SHIP (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 13-JAN-2006


Starbuck: Look... a close call like that... that would mess with anybody's head. All right? It turns out I didn't need you anyway. So... let's just be glad that we both came back alive, all right?

Apollo: That's just it, Kara. I didn't want to make it back alive.










http://dsgr.org/blog/?p=77

Detroit Society for Genealogical Research

Harry Houdini’s Last Performance, October 24, 1926

Harry Houdini was born Ehrich Weisz on 24 March 1874 in Budapest, Hungary. The son of a Rabbi, he relocated with his family to America in 1876. By the age of 17 he was known as Harry Houdini and left his family to pursue his career in magic.

His life is well documented in a number of publications and on various websites. But, it is his death that ties him eternally to Detroit.

Booked for a two-week engagement in Detroit at The Garrick Theatre, he arrived in pain, but decided to perform the opening show on October 24th. With much difficulty he performed, but cut the show short and was admitted to Grace Hospital. It had been determined that he had a ruptured appendix. Surgery was not enough to spare Houdini’s life



http://pbsthisdayinhistory.tumblr.com/post/34230972736/october-24-1926-harry-houdinis-last-performance


This Day in History


October 24, 1926: Harry Houdini’s Last Performance

On this day in 1926, Harry Houdini, a stunt performer famous for his incredible escape acts, performed his final show at the Garrick Theatre in Detroit, Michigan.



http://www.americanmuseumofmagic.org/magicdetroitdeathhoudini.htm

AMERICAN MUSEUM OF MAGIC


DETROIT – THE DEATH OF HARRY HOUDINI

As was typical for stories involving Houdini, several romanticized legends about his death emerged. Legends aside, it was found that Harry Houdini died in Detroit, Michigan of peritonitis, secondary to a ruptured appendix following an unexpected challenge. His health failed over the course of a week, which came unexpectedly and quickly, as he was known for challenging and averting death in his escapes. Eyewitnesses to an incident in Montreal gave rise to a speculation that Houdini’s death was caused by a surprise attack of multiple blows to Houdini’s midsection. Houdini was asked about the claim that he could withstand any punch to the abdomen. Houdini replied, affirming the claim, but was then hit unexpectedly without an opportunity brace himself.

Following the incident, Houdini found himself in increasing pain, but continued performing. The famous escape artist decided the show must go on and declined medical treatment, but eventually the pain became too great and he was seen by a doctor and then admitted to Grace Hospital. Houdini performed his last show at the Garrick Theater in Detroit, Michigan on October 24, 1926. He died in Grace Hospital, in Detroit



































DSC09622.JPG



































DSC09623.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 6:56:36 PM

Subject: Nice talking with you in the morning


http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-bio-lilyj,0,3625909.htmlstory?coll=kcpq-newsstaff-1

I think I am in love with Lily Jang. It seems crazy to even write that, with all things considered, but, well, what isn't crazy right now?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 February 2006 excerpt ends]





http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


BB: Who's Scar?

Duck: Not who. What. Toaster's top gun. Deadliest raider in the cylon fleet.

Jo Jo: Gimme break. Come on they're machines. one's the same as the next.

Yeah, that's what we thought till Captain thrace cut the brain out of one.

Hotdog: Scar's the best they got. Lotta pilots die going after that bastard.

BB: Why do they call him Scar?

Kat: You'll find out soon enough. He's got a taste for nuggets. Easy pickings.





http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season2/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


Galactica - Brig

Boomer: This guy's probably died and been reborn a dozen times. You may have faced him before.

Starbuck: So what, raiders reincarnate? Just like you?

Boomer: Yeah, just like me.

Starbuck: Great. What a frakkin' world.

Boomer: A raider's much like a trained animal, with the basic consciousness and survival instinct. But with the destruction of the resurrection ship, when they die, they're really dead. So, they're not gonna mount mass attacks where they could have major casualties.

Starbuck: Raiders reincarnate?

Boomer: Makes sense, doesn't it? It takes months for you to train a nugget into an effective viper pilot. And then they get killed. And their experience, their knowledge, their skill sets. They're all lost forever. So, if you could bring 'em back and put 'em in a brand new body, wouldn't you do it? 'Cause death then becomes a learning experience. How, uh-- how many pilots have we lost? I mean, have you lost?

Starbuck: You know, there are times when I look at you and I forget what you are. All I see is that kid that pooched her landings day after day. The kid that was frakkin' the chief and thinking she was getting away with it.

Boomer: Yeah, I remember. [Crying] You were like a big sister to--

Boomer reaches out to touch Starbuck on the leg. The marines promptly cock and raise their rifles to stop her.

Boomer: Kara, um-- be careful of Scar, okay? He's filled with rage.

Starbuck: About what?

Boomer: Dying's a painful and traumatic experience. Every time he's reborn, he's filled with more bitter memories. Scar hates you every bit as much as you hate him.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 5:05:57 PM

Subject: You looking at me, punk?

I'm back online and I still hate you spying bastards.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 03 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE:----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:25:22 PM


I haven't been able to follow Battlestar Galactica this past year


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/transcripts/212.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE ATLANTIS

Epiphany

EPISODE NUMBER - 212

DVD DISC - Season 2, Disc 3

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 01.13.06


TEYLA: I am not fluent in Ancient but I do recognise a few words: "welcome" and "ascension".

DEX: Ascension?

McKAY (still holding the branch with the camera end through the doorway): To a higher plane of existence. The race of people who built the Stargates -- they eventually evolved to a point where they ascended to a state of pure energy.

DEX: That'd be great!

McKAY: Yeah, well, sadly it's a matter of, uh, evolution.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:51 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 27 April 2015